• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like WoW has become my gaming go to as my xbox fucking died this evening :/ Reach is 2 days or so old aswell.

Had a funny icc 25 run earlier where the moron leader invites me after I tell him im a tank. Hes says go dps, I say im tank/pvp spec with pvp gear and hear nothing.
When it all starts im not one of the tanks so I think fuck it ill keep quiet and put blood presence on.

We get to 4/12 and people leave for whatever reason and the raid dies, I slink off having done 3k dps and been riding at 20th on the meter the whole way with no one saying a word :lol

Whats retarded is that my hunter with 4.8k gs wont get invited for even icc 10 yet my Dk in 5k+ tank gear can come and do dps and no one bats an eyelid :lol infact there was a rogue under me doing 3k and he got torn to shreds for sneaking in in blues.

Cata cant come soon enough.. Ive got 85 frosts 80 tris on my dk and dont see the point in buying gear if its only a month or less away..

notworksafe

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Never understand why people care about these. Who actually dances? Of course, I also never use the dumb vanity pets either.

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me...

funkmastergeneral said:
New dances were due in 2008 :lol

My left eye is twitching. They're probably trying to figure out how to make money off of new dances. Examples: Mounts, Pets, Mobile AH, Mobile Guild chat.

Alex said:
I'll also never understand, for all the work they've done on this thing, and all the shit they've redesigned, why the old races still look like a big bag of ass. Also, no new Moonkin form. I mean how hard would that have been to done?

Blizzard has some really fucked priorities on things.

Oh GOD, now my fingers are twitching...

Alex

Dances are pointless, IMO, I'd rather animation time be spent on improving combat ones and whatnot.

Also, It wasn't on the box, it was in the original WOTLK trailer, hasn't been seen since.

Character models though they got no excuse for. They shouldn't need an excuse anyway, they've toiled on a lot of this shit made sweeping overhauls to even things that didn't really need it, improved visuals on lots of inconsequential things, it's silly not to overhaul the old races.

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me...

This is not physically possible... unless you're insinuating he is a really good ventriloquist!

notworksafe

Both mounts are in the keg. I believe the teleporter/drill thing has been removed, since it doesn't serve much of a purpose anymore.

I still have mine, though! It's great to use when farming MC, since you can get there quickly from that part of BRD.

notworksafe said:
Both mounts are in the keg. I believe the teleporter/drill thing has been removed, since it doesn't serve much of a purpose anymore.

I still have mine, though! It's great to use when farming MC, since you can get there quickly from that part of BRD.

Teleporter still drops, from the keg. I think the boss only drops the trinkets now.

Edit: Tankard and dagger are from the keg as well.

notworksafe

According to Wowhead:

The first time you defeat Coren Direbrew each day, you will be awarded a Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest. The treasure chest contains 2 Emblem of Frost and has a chance of containing Coren Direbrew's non-trinket drops (y'know, the good stuff). You can get more than one of these items per chest!

Great Brewfest Kodo
Swift Brewfest Ram
Direbrew's Bloody Shanker
Tankard O' Terror
Direbrew's Remote

Looks like the remote is in...and everything cool is gotten from the chest/keg.

J-Rzez

Alex said:
This is not physically possible... unless you're insinuating he is a really good ventriloquist!

/Wedding Crashers line. Should have added that. :D

And yes, I think first the models need a massive overhaul in every-single department, but I then want my dances.

firex

Scrow said:
has anyone here got impressions on the new abilities and talents for feral druids and warlocks?
not sure about feral druids, but as far as new talents go, warlocks are pretty good.

long story short, the pet overhaul is more important to me than the talent overhaul, because destruction is mostly the same as before (and that's my favorite warlock spec). demonology got some good buffs and has less filler, and a new nuke similar to chaos bolt (i.e. you use it when the cooldown is up, it's probably #1 priority).

I haven't actually gotten into cataclysm beta, so I can't test out 81-85 spells and so on. But to be honest, the only one of those I'd really care about is fel flame or whatever, the green fire instant spell that gives some extra time to your immolate/UA.

ampere

Got the Ram again on my druid today, also had gotten it on Monday :lol

Shame I can't pass it to a guildie (or better yet, my shaman)

Xabora

J-Rzez said:
My left eye is twitching. They're probably trying to figure out how to make money off of new dances. Examples: Mounts, Pets, Mobile AH, Mobile Guild chat.
QdEmV.jpg

The dance system is done, they just don't have the dances actually made along with the UI elements.

markot

Banned
Oh >.<

Well they are all getting rejigged abit, new spells and reworked old ones. Its not that big though. At least I dont recall huge changes to em....

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
So I just wanted to say this....

Isn't it time to update the size of our main pack? 16 slots is just not normal anymore.

That is all....hehe

Mr Pockets said:
So I just wanted to say this....

Isn't it time to update the size of our main pack? 16 slots is just not normal anymore.

That is all....hehe

It's been said since the beginning and they still won't budge. At this point it's time to give up the fight for a bigger starter backpack.

Evlar

Banned
Spent an hour tonight emptying out my bank and bags and buying a couple of bag upgrades. Went from precisely three free slots to about 50.

Alex

Default backpack should be upgradeable to +2 above the maximum bag for the current expansion, IMO. Increasing with each one.

Maybe a quest for gathering some knickknacks from dungeons for components and a noticeable, but not really high fee (say 500g).

Really nice to see the dungeons raised from the tame WOTLK fare to be looking even harder than the BC stuff. Impressive. From the impressions though some sound way too long. Some folks on the beta board clamoring for 5-6 hour dungeons as a normal!?

Get that shit out of here. Heroics should be a bigger investment, but like a couple hours at most, and dropping that down with improvements to skill and gear. Also, they should be tuned so even if you outgear the shit out of it, sloppy play still results in often wiping. CC and proper pulls should be strict.

I never want to see chain aoe pulls again.

firex

Scrow said:
what's the pet overhaul exactly?
Imp in particular got a lot of changes. He keeps firebolt and blood pact, but gains 2 new spells.
Flee, which breaks all kinds of snare/stuns (and I think CC but I'm not sure) and returns him to the warlock's side instantly, and Singe Magic, which is just a friendly magic dispel (it cures debuffs). You can't auto-cast either of these. They lose phase shift and fire shield, neither of which was all that good anyway.

Voidwalkers don't get a lot of big improvements, but their taunt now does shadowstrike damage, which I don't know if that is hybrid physical/shadow or shadow/something else. In general they hold way more threat and are actually a pretty good tank pet. It was pretty easy to manage my threat against some elites on my PTR lock as destruction, and obviously even easier if you are demonology.

Succubus is mostly unchanged. I don't know if she got anything new in WotLK but if she didn't, then these are the changes to her spells: seduction seems to be no longer channeled, and she gets a whiplash move that does a mild knockback (pretty sure this is a WotLK spell but I can't remember).

Felhunter is basically unchanged aside from 2 things: Devour magic is now an enemy dispel (it eats buffs) and the fel intellect aura is changed to a minor +mana boost and the mp5 bonus from mana spring totem (or blessing of wisdom, or in 4.0, blessing of might).

Felguard is the other pet that got a lot of changes. He's basically turned into a big aoe dps pet, good for solo and for groups but not a tank like the VW. At least, mine on the PTR didn't hold threat like the VW does. He's got Legion Strike, which puts the MS debuff on his target but is actually more like whirlwind. It hits unlimited enemies, but only debuffs his target. The damage is divided by the number of targets hit, so it's really a single target ability but capable of hitting multiples. Intercept is replaced with Pursuit, which doesn't stun but does give the felguard a move speed boost for 6 seconds after he charges the target. Then he has two new abilities. Throw Axe, which is a short-ranged stun for 4 seconds, and Felstorm, which is the Arms warrior's bladestorm without the CC immunity. Felguards lose their taunt ability and that self-stacking AP buff they get.

They broke it down like this basically:
Felguard - all-purpose for demonology, not the tank pet compared to VW but definitely good for soloing regular mobs, dpsing in groups, and pvp
Imp - still the destruction pet of choice, also much better in pvp now since he can dispel
Felhunter - still the affliction pet of choice, also provides a buff that is otherwise only given by paladins/shamans
Succubus - same as before, she more or less exists to CC but has a little bit of melee dps added in
VW - the tank pet, and actually really good at tanking stuff now. Excellent for soloing most quest elites, but too soft for more than one instance elite.

So your pets are more like tools you can summon depending upon the situation, although I won't lie: the felguard is by far the best overall unless you desperately need CC, but he's demonology exclusive so it makes sense.

The other thing of note is all warlocks can train soul link now.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Default backpack should be upgradeable to +2 above the maximum bag for the current expansion, IMO. Increasing with each one.

Maybe a quest for gathering some knickknacks from dungeons for components and a noticeable, but not really high fee (say 500g).

Really nice to see the dungeons raised from the tame WOTLK fare to be looking even harder than the BC stuff. Impressive. From the impressions though some sound way too long. Some folks on the beta board clamoring for 5-6 hour dungeons as a normal!?

Get that shit out of here. Heroics should be a bigger investment, but like a couple hours at most, and dropping that down with improvements to skill and gear. Also, they should be tuned so even if you outgear the shit out of it, sloppy play still results in often wiping. CC and proper pulls should be strict.

I never want to see chain aoe pulls again.
No way, I never want to spend a couple of hours in a dungeon again in WOW's life. If the tank or healer only need the fist one or two, they'll jet making only needing something off the last few bosses horrendous.

Alex

They will, but I hope they don't tone it down too much, that's exactly the kind of play I want to see. Really don't care if it squashes PUGs and a lot of their awful, selfish players down a few rungs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, I want challenging heroics. Right now it's a 20 min aoe fest. I'd like a 40 minute... effort fest. Just not a 2 hour I'm getting pissed off spending so much time with people I don't know never seeing something drop fest.

ezekial45

Banned
PTR realms have the new world events and new bosses with new loot. I am running them right now and old bosses with new mechanics = goodness. :D

*edit* finished all 4 bosses, not bad. Good loot too. The Alliance side quests are really difficult to complete at the moment due to high traffic.

Swag

DeathNote said:
Yeah, I want challenging heroics. Right now it's a 20 min aoe fest. I'd like a 40 minute... effort fest. Just not a 2 hour I'm getting pissed off spending so much time with people I don't know never seeing something drop fest.

Although Wrath Heroics were piss easy and could at times be boring, I appreciate the fact that their ease made farming emblems a lot smoother. Could do every heroic during 3.0 in about 4-5 hours.

Transitioning to raiding Naxx / EoE on alts was easy.

Acidote

speedpop said:
The pre-Cata stuff seems really cool. The two biggest cities in total chaos.

All major cities are attacked according to mmo-c comments. I don't know if the quests are only in SW-ORG

Aurarian

So I think it's a gear problem. My tps seem to improved quite a bit when I got some upgrades. (Specifically the bracers and leggings in HPoS) The problem really seems to lie in the rotation ramp up where once I get that five stack of lacerate in and follow the mangle > x > x(x could be either ff/swipe/or lacerate), it improves significantly with an average of 4.5k-6k if I don't miss globals and such.

One other thing, but is it me or do most dps just not seem to care about letting tanks build up threat and such? I was in five to six heroic HoR groups and only the last one finished the instance because the dps were actually smart about what they were doing and listened to me when I told them that my threat was a bit wonky. One of the groups blamed me for the failure when they died because they kept going over my threat on purpose when I specifically told them that it takes a bit for me to get going. Apparently, I needed a better gs and that's why we didn't finish. That's obviously bs because I finished the instance with another group who weren't fucking stupid. Not to mention since they just love to aoe everything down. They didn't want to focus fire on the priests or the mages. Of course you have the idiot who goes ahead and targets whatever he wants and I have to keep constantly taunting and ffing it back from him which then doesn't give me time to swipe as much nor the dk who refuses to deathgrip the one mob to me that's raping the healer or caster because he needs to do 7k-8k to show off his e-peen. I'm glad that Cata is returning back to using cc and focus firing because this shit is ridiculous. It was nowhere near this bad starting up when the expansion first came out and that was because back then people knew how to use CC and actually listened to a tank(Then again those normals were nowhere near as hard and heroics were much easier than they were in BC.)

BTW, that stream last night was hot. They would have had that guy in SFK if the tank had gotten out earlier instead of letting his stacks get up to six or so.

glaurung

So logging onto WoW last night I got to download this huge 4.5GB patch onto version 4.0.

When's that stuff going live then?

Had some nice fun in ICC 10-man with a bunch of people I have never met. Killed Putrid and disbanded, maybe continue Friday.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DeathNote said:
+ ilevel 251 chest, legs, waist, feet, neck, ring, tank shield from mini bosses

Tank shield? Insanity. My alt tank might finally upgrade his reg HOR shield. That is, if it doesn't get ninjaed by a ret paladin or fury/arms warrior. /shakefist at damn plate DPS.

ampere

glaurung said:
So logging onto WoW last night I got to download this huge 4.5GB patch onto version 4.0.

When's that stuff going live then?

Had some nice fun in ICC 10-man with a bunch of people I have never met. Killed Putrid and disbanded, maybe continue Friday.
4.0 will go live either next Tuesday, or the next Tuesday, or the....

I'm actually thinking this coming Tuesday is starting to look possible though, with all of the pre-Cata stuff on the PTR now.

Aesthet1c

I'm really not looking forward to difficult lengthy heroics. I don't mind heroics being a little harder than they are now, but I hate having to rely on CC in order to go to any heroic. What do you do if you have a bunch of buddies that can't CC, I guess you can't all run something together?

That being said, 5-6 hours for a heroic sounds absolutely absurd. That kind of time commitment should be left solely to raids. I understand it will be shortened when people start learning the fights and their gear gets better. But really no dungeon should ever take more than an hour IMO.

glaurung

Aesthet1c said:
I'm really not looking forward to difficult lengthy heroics. I don't mind heroics being a little harder than they are now, but I hate having to rely on CC in order to go to any heroic. What do you do if you have a bunch of buddies that can't CC, I guess you can't all run something together?

That being said, 5-6 hours for a heroic sounds absolutely absurd. That kind of time commitment should be left solely to raids. I understand it will be shortened when people start learning the fights and their gear gets better. But really no dungeon should ever take more than an hour IMO.
I can agree with this.

The least they can do is create some kind of a checkpoint system that allows resume instances at a later date.

firex

5-6 hours for any one instance (raid, heroic, whatever) is too much for me, which is part of what I don't really like about raiding. At least it's better when people do something like 3 hours/night for a raid and just pick it back up another day, but you can't do that with a heroic. Not that you should have to, anyway. Honestly my rule of thumb is if you don't wipe in a heroic, it shouldn't take long enough that you have to rebuff any of the hour-long buffs.

and I honestly believe a large part of this difficulty is that nobody in TotalBiscuit's video was properly geared. Blizzard said straight up to use a premade 85 with full ilevel 333 blues to test heroics.

FLEABttn

Banned
Aesthet1c said:
I don't mind heroics being a little harder than they are now, but I hate having to rely on CC in order to go to any heroic. What do you do if you have a bunch of buddies that can't CC, I guess you can't all run something together?

You juice it, change your strats, be creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom