• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEABttn

Banned
AvidNobody said:
Uhhh yeah.

If you're dropping packets like mad, it's going to fuck with WoW significantly.

Open up a command line window (Start->Run->cmd), then type

ping www.google.com -t

Watch and see what it's doing. After a minute or two, hit control and c and look to see what your loss percentage is.

I'd also suggest running that while in WoW to see what your internet is doing while you play.

Swag

I hated those Shaman Quests, god those were frustrating / annoying.

Also the first shapeshifting quest for druids UGH

Swag

Scrow said:
i really enjoyed both of those...

Something about the Shaman quests just didn't resonate well with me, it was good for exploration I suppose if it was your first toon, but Shaman was like my 3rd alt.

So annoying.

Sebulon3k said:
I hated those Shaman Quests, god those were frustrating / annoying.

Also the first shapeshifting quest for druids UGH
Yeah but those quests were from when WoW was completely new. They have learned a lot about how to do quests well now, just look at Northrend. And I agree that most class quests except the level 60 ones were annoying. I don't think it's a good idea to bind the learning of a new skill to a quest as well, it's kind of like they are forcing you to do this quest.

Also, this week's weekly raid quest was Malygos on my realm. Found a group with randoms earlier today and killed him after one wipe. The third phase is a lot easier if you have one guy with a raid icon on his head who knows what to do and everyone /follows him. (read that on wowwiki)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I was proud when I beat the Priest one. Solo, no buffs from anyone. Just got some consumables that did aoe damage.

It'd be cool if you could do like a weekly cooldown that lasted an hour. Like.. a power infusion from your 85 staff into your Benediction.

notworksafe

Even though I hate to admit it, the Blood Elf Paladin quest to get your rez is awesomely evil.

"So we accidentally killed this dude while torturing him. Go drain the life out of this god so you can rez him, then we'll keep torturing him."

Brutal. I think now that Muru is gone you pick a flower or something like that, however.

Loxley

close to the edge said:
Yeah but those quests were from when WoW was completely new. They have learned a lot about how to do quests well now, just look at Northrend.

It's almost laughable to go to places like Stranglethorn right now; a remnant of when Blizzard knew fuck all about zone + quest design. You want a perfect example of how much the game has grown over the years you need look no further than good ol' vanilla STV. I'm still amused that Kaplan apologized for the zone being all sorts of messed up a year or two ago, since he was basically the guy who was in charge of STV's design.

I shudder to even think about the times before the Alliance finally got a flight path to northern STV. Man those Darkshire --> Stranglethorn runs were always exciting.

Now that I think about it, we could just have a whole thread reminiscing about horror stories with the old world :lol

Loxley said:
It's almost laughable to go to places like Stranglethorn right now; a remnant of when Blizzard knew fuck all about zone + quest design. You want a perfect example of how much the game has grown over the years you need look no further than good ol' vanilla STV. I'm still amused that Kaplan apologized for the zone being all sorts of messed up a year or two ago, since he was basically the guy who was in charge of STV's design.

I shudder to even think about the times before the Alliance finally got a flight path to northern STV. Man those Darkshire --> Stranglethorn runs were always exciting.

Now that I think about it, we could just have a whole thread reminiscing about horror stories with the old world :lol

Now that's a great idea for a Vanilla GAF story thread in the actual Games forum. World PVP, attunements that mattered, raids that killed and killed again, a world without flight points.

LOL

notworksafe

funkmastergeneral said:
Hey anyone want to do jailbreak?!
1205095-never_super.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Man, fuck Jailbreak.

I still remember having to run it 8 or 9 times because it kept bugging out on me.

Dwarves - Explorer *New* - Archaeology skill increased by 15 and you survey faster than normal archaeologists. (Yes, that's from the previous build, forgot to news it)

Dwarven Shaman goooooooo

Alex

Came back after all this time gone, feel odd doing heroics in my Ulduar gear. :lol Just wanna get some badges to use for heirlooms for my goblin. So far I've had good results with the dungeon finder so far. People have been pretty friendly, I still dislike pugging though.

Acidote

I have has this little problem for a while with one of my characters (abandoned now since I switched to horde):

With every character I have, I can open my profession window (alchemy, jewelcrafting, enchanting, etc). But with this one, when I open her inscription window, not even half of the list loads, I can't filter it, new players joining the zone don't have a name (they're all "Unknown"), and a little while later, the server crashes for me (in fact it crashes as soon as I open the inscription window, because I can't do anything that requires a server response).

Any advice? I'm starting to consider contacting a GM, because I don't undertand it anymore. I tried from a better machine, different router, disabling all addons, everything I could think of, and nothing. Just with Inscription, with alch, jw and ench everything is fine.

It's like if the server dumped my out for asking it too much things, but other professions are alright. And no, I'm not on wireless connection :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Blizzard said:
Feats of Strength

* Zul'Gurub is now a Feat of Strength.
* Deadliest Catch is now a Feat of Strength.
* Hero of the Zandalar Tribe is now a Feat of Strength.
Looks like the Tiger and Raptor drops may disappear..?

speedpop said:
Looks like the Tiger and Raptor drops may disappear..?
Zul'Gurub as a raid dungeon won't exist anymore.

Is Jailbreak this quest where you free this guy out of Blackrock Depths (or was it U/LBRS, can't remember) and he then goes to Stormwind to unmask Onyxia? I always thought that was pretty epic, even though I never did the quest myself, I just loved the event in Stormwind Keep.

Acidote

close to the edge said:
Is Jailbreak this quest where you free this guy out of Blackrock Depths (or was it U/LBRS, can't remember) and he then goes to Stormwind to unmask Onyxia? I always thought that was pretty epic, even though I never did the quest myself, I just loved the event in Stormwind Keep.

Yep. The rescue of Sir Reginald Windsor from BRD (and lots of other things) is part of The Great Masquerade questline, both a pain in the ass and awesome questline :lol

Tacitus_

krypt0nian said:
Now that's a great idea for a Vanilla GAF story thread in the actual Games forum. World PVP, attunements that mattered, raids that killed and killed again, a world without flight points.

LOL

I remember when Barrens had just one flightpoint, at Crossroads. Then you got a quest that required you to run aaaalll the way south to kill those bloody bugs.

Acidote

Tacitus_ said:
I remember when Barrens had just one flightpoint, at Crossroads. Then you got a quest that required you to run aaaalll the way south to kill those bloody bugs.

With the first mount at level 40 of course.

firex

Sciz said:
Grabbing glyphs for your class now before there's a massive rush on them post-patch also strikes me as a good idea.
at least buy one of all the cheap glyphs, especially ones nobody likes now.

If a glyph sucks now it becomes a lot better in 4.0 either by being changed to a different category or just straight up buffed.

But don't bother buying more than one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tacitus_ said:

Wasn't Un'goro also missing a flightpath? And it's an awesome zone to quest at 51-55. Enjoy the run from Gadget fools! Also, no flightpath for south Felwood, run from Astraanar!

firex said:
at least buy one of all the cheap glyphs, especially ones nobody likes now.

If a glyph sucks now it becomes a lot better in 4.0 either by being changed to a different category or just straight up buffed.

But don't bother buying more than one.

I'm glad i have an alt with 400+ Inscription on both faction now. :D No need to pay for any glyph. And it's a very easy profession to lvl up compared to most non-gathering professions. You can basically just make 1 glyph and get 1 point in Inscription every single time, all glyphs cost 1 ink and you can get 1 or 2 inks every 5 herbs. Once you are able to make inks out of northrend herbs, you can just fly around the ruins part of Zuldrak for Thalandra's Rose and get 40-50 herbs in a short amount of time as they are EVERYWHERE(+ they sometimes gives Deadnette) and you don't have to worry about finding 3 or 4 different types of herbs.

Aurarian

Protection

* Defensive Stance now increases threat generated by 100%, up from 45%.

That's a pretty big increase. I wonder if this is because of what was happening on the beta with ae threat and such.

Touchdown

Banned
I was thinking of upgrading my video card before Cata is released. I only really play WoW on my computer so I don't need anything too intense. Right now I'm rockin a HP desktop (lol) with GeForce 9800 GTX. I would like to upgrade without spending over 200 bucks. Any recommendations?

Tacitus_

Bisnic said:
Wasn't Un'goro also missing a flightpath? And it's an awesome zone to quest at 51-55. Enjoy the run from Gadget fools! Also, no flightpath for south Felwood, run from Astraanar!

I think Un'Goro got the FP at some point in BC when they figured they could have one FP for both factions. But hey, it was cool, it made the world feel large, you know?

I actually ran all the way through Stonetalon - Desolace - Feralas - 1K Needles when I got my very first mount. Feralas blew me away.

World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™ Beta Test Invitation

Congratulations! You’ve been selected to participate in the beta test of World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™.

As a beta test participant, you’ll have the chance to experience the new content and features of Cataclysm before the expansion is released. We’re looking to get your feedback on the overall gameplay experience, including quests, monsters, zones, dungeons, aesthetics, and more as we continue to implement new expansion content. We would also appreciate reports on any bugs you may encounter. These can be logged using the /bug command explained below.

Well, there goes my weekend.

mclem

Aesthet1c said:
That's awesome! I had a very similar experience back when Ulduar was the highest raid, and I was only partly uld 10 geared. I was MT on KT and our off tank died, at first I thought it was a total wipe but instead I just hit challenging shout and tanked everything. It was totally my most badass feeling in WoW.

The feeling that you've just wiped the raid is pretty sucky, but it's overwhelmed hugely by the realisation that you've just *saved* the raid. Love it.

(Had one recently myself; Festergut 25H; Second tank tanked for a bit, hit 9 stacks, I took over, hit 9 stacks, he swapped back and very quickly died, at which point I bubbled to drop my stack of debuffs, taunted, killed a few melee (hey, I'm not perfect) and tanked it to the end.)

mclem

Aurarian said:
Protection

* Defensive Stance now increases threat generated by 100%, up from 45%.

That's a pretty big increase. I wonder if this is because of what was happening on the beta with ae threat and such.

No, they're just moving the threat *reduction* from DPSers into threat *increases* for tanks. It should work out about the same.

Bisnic

Maybe its just me, but looking at the beta Cataclysm talents, i don't see any talents with "Allow 50% of your mana regen to continue while casting". Does every casters have this now, no matter your spec or lvl? That would be nice, low lvl casters wont be oom as much.

Also, that's interesting, probably an error though :lol :
01C5j.png

Alex

Mana at lower levels is extremely generous in Cataclysm, I think. The healers all have baked in meditation, not sure about DPS. The DPS all have baked in 200% crit though.

Milpool

The Lamonster said:
FINALLY got the Green Proto Drake last night!!!

It's all I've ever wanted in this game. Been well over a year, too.

Grats, took me about a year to get it on my pally. I got it on my hunter too, just as I was about to give up trying I let my girlfriend open the egg and there it was.

Fularu

Banned
According to Amazon.ca, Cataclysm comes out November 30th which is... a tuesday

World of Warcraft Cataclysm Collectors Edition
de Activision/Blizzard
Plate-forme: Windows Vista / XP | Classé: Rating Pending
Rating Pending Ce titre a été classé Rating Pending

En savoir plus sur cotes de l'ESRB
Price: CDN$ 89.99 & Livraison super-économique GRATUITE pour cet article. Détails

Cet article paraîtra le 30 novembre 2010.
Commandez-le dès aujourd'hui!
Vendu et expédié par Amazon.ca.

The date doesn't seem outlandish (it would be 3 weeks after wotlk) and judging by the status of the Cataclysm beta, they're not close enough for a november 2 release.

Edit : This would also be on WoW's 6th year anniversary, so that would be a very meaningfull date

Tacitus_ said:
I think Un'Goro got the FP at some point in BC when they figured they could have one FP for both factions. But hey, it was cool, it made the world feel large, you know?

I actually ran all the way through Stonetalon - Desolace - Feralas - 1K Needles when I got my very first mount. Feralas blew me away.

Eh theres been a FP there forever at least if your ally, its but the "crash" site up from the pterodactyl things. At least it was there Pre-BC when I had my dwarf hunter as it was one of my fav zones. Sithilus on the other hand was fucking godawful, the "Music" christ.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Un'Goro used to have no flight point to it. I remember the annoying trek from Tanaris. Feralas used to only have the one at the bottom of the zone, not the one up near the Timbermaw cavern. And man, before the Draenei moved in in Ashenvale, whooo boy was that a trek to Azshara.

Bisnic

Tamanon said:
Yeah, Un'Goro used to have no flight point to it. I remember the annoying trek from Tanaris. Feralas used to only have the one at the bottom of the zone, not the one up near the Timbermaw cavern. And man, before the Draenei moved in in Ashenvale, whooo boy was that a trek to Azshara.

Alliance already had a FP in Azshara way before the draeneis were there and set up a small camp in eastern Ashenvale.

And i think you got Felwood & Feralas mixed up.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I wasn't even aware of that Green Drake, damn. I'm gonna have to start buying the eggs, though i prefer my smaller mounts (My Swift Purple Gryphon and Flying Carpets) i like rare shit.

Also, on the subject of Oracles, BC Had Aldors and Scryers, WOTLK has Oracles/Frenzyhearts, i don't know if vanilla had anything like that, i didn't start my main until after BC Came out. Does Cataclysm have anything like that? 2 groups that you have to choose between?

Cindres said:
I wasn't even aware of that Green Drake, damn. I'm gonna have to start buying the eggs, though i prefer my smaller mounts (My Swift Purple Gryphon and Flying Carpets) i like rare shit.

Also, on the subject of Oracles, BC Had Aldors and Scryers, WOTLK has Oracles/Frenzyhearts, i don't know if vanilla had anything like that, i didn't start my main until after BC Came out. Does Cataclysm have anything like that? 2 groups that you have to choose between?

Magrim/Gelkis clan in Desolace

also I would suggest a hippogryph mount. It's small and very awesome.

Fularu

Banned
Theorically it was Goblins/Pirates, but you can raise both, you just can't be exalted with both

funkmastergeneral said:

Those too although you only get to honored with either faction; no way to get past that

Bisnic

funkmastergeneral said:

Personally, i like : http://www.wowhead.com/item=32314

They're unique, there is no huge wings taking half the screen and no other mounts looks like them, unlike the 40 other drake models.

It's too bad you can only get them by doing some long & boring grind for weeks. I'd love to get them on my alts without doing that crap.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fularu said:
According to Amazon.ca, Cataclysm comes out November 30th which is... a tuesday

The date doesn't seem outlandish (it would be 3 weeks after wotlk) and judging by the status of the Cataclysm beta, they're not close enough for a november 2 release.

Edit : This would also be on WoW's 6th year anniversary, so that would be a very meaningfull date
Ugh, right before finals. Thanks Blizz.

Rapstah

I believe the EU instance servers just went down. The odd part is people (including me) got a warning inside all instances, "WARNING: Instance shutdown in X minutes" or something.

vilmer_

I've decided to get my Warlock up to 80. I'm currently at 75 and I re-spec'd to destruction from affliction at level 70 and I'm absolutely loving this toon! I never realized the pure power and devastation of seed of corruption... Wow. It kind of puts my Mage's blizzard to shame.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
vilmer_ said:
I've decided to get my Warlock up to 80. I'm currently at 75 and I re-spec'd to destruction from affliction at level 70 and I'm absolutely loving this toon! I never realized the pure power and devastation of seed of corruption... Wow. It kind of puts my Mage's blizzard to shame.
I love Demonology for grouping/raiding. If done right, you can do serious DPS in Demonology. Warlocks are great fun! So bored of my Mage now.

vilmer_

Darkmakaimura said:
I love Demonology for grouping/raiding. If done right, you can do serious DPS in Demonology. Warlocks are great fun! So bored of my Mage now.

I was in the same boat, I started to get bored of my Mage, especially since the raiding guild I was in basically folded and I wanted to try and gear up a little better to spec into fire :( I don't think I'll be doing much with that toon until Cata, just maybe daily heroics to build up a decent amount of frosties. For now I'm concentrating on my new fave toon :D And I think I'll give Demonology a try as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom