• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Oh god, there's so much to see in the Cata beta that you're not supposed to see! I'm almost getting a boner from uninstanced Ghostlands. That's fucking right.

J-Rzez

Oh man, the Warlock gear doesn't look good at all. Couple that in with the Rogue set, it does not bode well for the artwork of the rest of the sets. If the Shaman gear looks bad, then you can be rest assured the rest will all look even worse most likely, as no matter how bad the other classes gear looked in the past, usually the Lock, Shaman, and Rogue gear always looked good.

DarkJC

J-Rzez said:
Oh man, the Warlock gear doesn't look good at all. Couple that in with the Rogue set, it does not bode well for the artwork of the rest of the sets. If the Shaman gear looks bad, then you can be rest assured the rest will all look even worse most likely, as no matter how bad the other classes gear looked in the past, usually the Lock, Shaman, and Rogue gear always looked good.

Maybe they're finally getting their turn with shitty sets.

Cyrillus

Sax Russel said:

2m4aaoj.png

Cannot unsee.

Rapstah

DeathNote said:
why do warlocks have 4 color schemes? are they letting you choose colors now?
Different sub-tier levels. Not sure why the hell there are four though since 10 and 25 man give the same gear in Cata.

Random shot in the dark but maybe it changes based on spec? unlikely but you never know.

I cant work out PTR atall, Ive ended up with Cata 4.0.1 client thats been downloading all evening, I thought I was going to PTR just for the same content as what we have now but with the new talent tress not Cata Beta?
Oh well

Rapstah

One of the colours could be PVP?

1: heroics/crafted/entry-level
2: 10/25 normal
3: 10/25 heroic

4: PVP

I can't figure out four different ones unless they have heroics and raids split, which they're not going to do.

Well, it's not like that is an official picture from Blizz, so they could just have added multiple color sets into the files for the time being but only intend to use 2 or 3 of them come Cataclysm.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Johnlenham said:
Random shot in the dark but maybe it changes based on spec? unlikely but you never know.

I cant work out PTR atall, Ive ended up with Cata 4.0.1 client thats been downloading all evening, I thought I was going to PTR just for the same content as what we have now but with the new talent tress not Cata Beta?
Oh well
The PTR client has the Cataclsym beta streaming launcher.

Ashodin

I really don't like tier sets being whored out into singular pieces, it really shows how much they care about how special your gear looks.

Angry Grimace said:
The PTR client has the Cataclsym beta streaming launcher.

Ahh well that explains it then. Hope I get to use this over installing cata aswell after downloading like 15gb!

Just had the stupidest FoS run. Took 8 mins to kill he first boss, yes thats right EIGHT mins dumbass warrior was just standing there feeding him souls or not killing orbs. We the get to faceman and two people get laser cannoned and another die by 30% so me and the priest had to duo him down to death :lol No poxy scorpion either..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Johnlenham said:
Ahh well that explains it then. Hope I get to use this over installing cata aswell after downloading like 15gb!

Just had the stupidest FoS run. Took 8 mins to kill he first boss, yes thats right EIGHT mins dumbass warrior was just standing there feeding him souls or not killing orbs. We the get to faceman and two people get laser cannoned and another die by 30% so me and the priest had to duo him down to death :lol No poxy scorpion either..
Don't count on it at all.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
Picking mains based on the model of tier gears :lol
Well, yeah, but I don't think anyone really means that. I generally don't care what the gear LOOKS like so long as it's not clownsuit or AQ sets.

Retro

Angry Grimace said:
Well, yeah, but I don't think anyone really means that. I generally don't care what the gear LOOKS like so long as it's not clownsuit or AQ sets.

.... I know what you mean by this term (completely different colored pieces of gear), but my first thought on seeing that warlock gear was "evil jester". Which sounds bad ass, honestly, except when you unintentionally do it like Blizzard has.

Calling it now: Paladin Tier set will sink the bar to an entirely new level.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Never really cared for the look of sets. Most of the time, i look at my character from behind, and half the time, my camera is zoomed out to maximum. :lol

Aurarian

Retro said:
.... I know what you mean by this term (completely different colored pieces of gear), but my first thought on seeing that warlock gear was "evil jester". Which sounds bad ass, honestly, except when you unintentionally do it like Blizzard has.

Calling it now: Paladin Tier set will sink the bar to an entirely new level.

Second on this.

Got everything I can get on my druid as far as heroics/triumph gear is concerned. I don't know what else to do for some ICC gear and I know some of you are gonna be like "Cat is coming soon and shit". I know, but I wanna get her better stuff regardless of that. Dailies and quests are boring as hell.

Warrior got her sanc shoulders today but she still hasn't been able to replace Wall of Terror. I don't know what's up with lootship. =/

DeathNote said:
why do warlocks have 4 color schemes? are they letting you choose colors now?

They give 2 colors to 10/25 and the other two are used for NPCs.

But with the introduction of Heroic gear one of the colors is for that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
They give 2 colors to 10/25 and the other two are used for NPCs.

But with the introduction of Heroic gear one of the colors is for that.
10/25 raids will drop the same gear.

1 for 10/25, 1 for heroic 10/25, 1 for NPC, 1 for PVE currency?

Jin

Amazon just sent me an email saying the release date for Cata is Nov 29. Don't know how reliable they are.

The last couple of days has been a pain in the ass for my Warlock to get that offhand item in H Halls of Reflection. Months after release and a nerf later that instance is still kicking tank's ass.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hadoken said:
Amazon just sent me an email saying the release date for Cata is Nov 29. Don't know how reliable they are.

The last couple of days has been a pain in the ass for my Warlock to get that offhand item in H Halls of Reflection. Months after release and a nerf later that instance is still kicking tank's ass.
The non- collections edition on amazon.com says Nov 23rd. Ugh,

H HoR is really easy in the groups I've been with. Might have cruddy tanks.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Rapstah said:
Oh god, there's so much to see in the Cata beta that you're not supposed to see! I'm almost getting a boner from uninstanced Ghostlands. That's fucking right.

I'm glad that they're doing this, for the longest time people even in this thread thought that Exodar and Silvermoon were going to stay in the BC era and not get any major update or be put on the regular world map. Looks like they were just doing that towards the end. Whew.

LowParry

It's funny how ptr seperates the good and bad tanks. Do a little reforge, etc. And you're top dog. Wish we had full access to glyphs. Would make some differences all around with each class.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Johnlenham said:
My Dk is only 5.1 GS and thats after getting Oxblood, how the fuck do you break 5k pre icc I dont know.

Totally agree Gs has gone mental, Tanks get done over as the only none 200il tank trinket worth using pre icc is santrina scarab the rest its brewfest brews and black heart/gossomer.

Yeah id lie aswell, I went in my tank gear they didnt want me to tank so I just dpsed in my pvp gear did a woppign 3k dps and none said a word :lol

My rogue is 5.6k gs and the only raid I do is VoA

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
10/25 raids will drop the same gear.

1 for 10/25, 1 for heroic 10/25, 1 for NPC, 1 for PVE currency?

Don't forget they love to further dilute class identity by dropping the pieces as "off-sets" from bosses in raids. Like seeing hunters/wars before running around with rogue gear. Now we'll most likely just see druids with the rogue gear instead. When I saw a druid running around with T8 Rogue I just laughed my ass off. Especially since it was a tauren druid which looked like there was a cone on it's head so it didn't bite itself after a visit to the vet.

It's not looking good though, with Rogue and Lock looking laughable at best with their sets as they always got the best. That lock set looks like a craftable PVP set at best. Utter disappointment. Can't wait to see the DK set.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Don't forget they love to further dilute class identity by dropping the pieces as "off-sets" from bosses in raids. Like seeing hunters/wars before running around with rogue gear. Now we'll most likely just see druids with the rogue gear instead. When I saw a druid running around with T8 Rogue I just laughed my ass off. Especially since it was a tauren druid which looked like there was a cone on it's head so it didn't bite itself after a visit to the vet.

It's not looking good though, with Rogue and Lock looking laughable at best with their sets as they always got the best. That lock set looks like a craftable PVP set at best. Utter disappointment. Can't wait to see the DK set.
I haven't been a big fan the the tier gear for a good while now :/

After making a helm and shoulder model, everything else is always a random pattern with the colors. You could throw a dart at 100 patterns and not really know the difference.

Maybe it's more that everything other than the helm and shoulders are basically just re-skinned. That's a bad limitation.

CcrooK said:
It's funny how ptr seperates the good and bad tanks. Do a little reforge, etc. And you're top dog. Wish we had full access to glyphs. Would make some differences all around with each class.
Nvm went and looked it up and seems it was an npc that did it first but now if a prof skill like enchanting.

markot

Banned
Johnlenham said:
Is reforging like enchanting in that if I see a blacksmith I can pay him to reforge my item or is it a benefit for the char with blacksmithing only? because that will suck if its the later.
I think its a vendor only thing from a guy in sw/org. At least right now.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I just realized that FF14 comes out for the non-crazies this week. I know it's all laughable to consider any MMO of stealing Blizzard's thunder, but I would find it slightly amusing if the patch does land on Tuesday.

Lolligag

100% certain patch won't be out this Tuesday. They put up maintenance message earlier than normal mentioning that is just rolling restarts aside from a few servers getting some upgrades.

Fularu

Banned
Lolligag said:
100% certain patch won't be out this Tuesday. They put up maintenance message earlier than normal mentioning that is just rolling restarts aside from a few servers getting some upgrades.
Patch is at the very least 2 weeks away.

Patch day is the end of the arena season and they always give at the very least 2 weeks of notice.

Anyone expecting the patch earlier than that is delusionnal. It won't happen before second half of october start of november.

Alex

Isn't there a patch for the current PTR fare then a patch for the new world though?

By the by, there is no version of FFXIV for non-crazies. I mean I was an XI apologist because I liked a lot of it's core concepts and world design but it'd take some convincing to make me think that anyone who pays a monthly fee to play XIV shouldn't be committed. What a crushing disappointment, it's an awful Korean F2P MMO in a really fancy coat.

Well, that's not true, Korean F2P MMOs usually have functioning interfaces, zones with some life or landmarks in them and more of a content spread than 8 randomly generated quests on a two day cooldown. I've even seen ones with Auction Houses! So high tech.

Moving on from shit bin games...

When does The Old Republic come out? I would think that's the last chance out of the new batch to take even a little bit away from WoW, I hate Star Wars and Bioware produces the worst loot design known to man, but I still have increasingly heavy interest in it.

Outside of Eve, which is just too much, someone really needs to make a heavy deviation on the genre, take tips from classic UO, everyone keeps taking the most traditional or simple routes they can and making mild twists at most and all you wind up with are games that are too close to WoW without any of the support and polish. No one is going to quit WoW to play a shitter version of it.

LOTRO is like the only one that managed to find any place for itself in terms of design and community within a similar archetype. It still pains me that Warhammer was such a failure, there was so much potential there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom