• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Rapstah said:
I believe the EU instance servers just went down. The odd part is people (including me) got a warning inside all instances, "WARNING: Instance shutdown in X minutes" or something.

Yeah, got it as well on Wildhammer EU. Came up just before Marrowgar too :lol

Rapstah said:
I believe the EU instance servers just went down. The odd part is people (including me) got a warning inside all instances, "WARNING: Instance shutdown in X minutes" or something.

Happened on the PTR too. I just figured it was a normal server restart.

Manus

vilmer_ said:
I was in the same boat, I started to get bored of my Mage, especially since the raiding guild I was in basically folded and I wanted to try and gear up a little better to spec into fire :( I don't think I'll be doing much with that toon until Cata, just maybe daily heroics to build up a decent amount of frosties. For now I'm concentrating on my new fave toon :D And I think I'll give Demonology a try as well!

Yeah my main toon is a Demo Warlock and I have so much fun with him. Seed of Corruption is one of the best if not the best AOE move in the game. Plus with Demo you get the best caster buff in the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
d0CQd.png

sigh

Alex

speedpop said:
4328 mana? What the hell?

Healing spells post-80 cost gargantuan amounts of mana, it is a very strict new system. I like that you have to manage mana more in PvE, and how much it turns into a team effort but I also think they went a little too far as it's kind of an opposite extreme, although we'll see post-tuning and with progression.

For PvP, i am dumbfounded how they will make it work, however. Unless they pull out a pretty big trick, healing in PvP may just not exist for awhile considering how very small heals are and that you go OOM in about 30-40 seconds. Who knows though, PvP balance and tweaking comes towards the very end.

Evlar

Banned
MagicJackBauer said:
What gems?
Just various epics, mostly cardinal rubies. My primary source of income right now is turning around epics I buy with honor; I expect the market to boom once 4.0.0 lands and people can suddenly buy things they currently can't- thus requiring regemming a ton of stuff. Also need to regem myself for the same reasons.

markot

Banned
Evlar said:
Just various epics, mostly cardinal rubies. My primary source of income right now is turning around epics I buy with honor; I expect the market to boom once 4.0.0 lands and people can suddenly buy things they currently can't- thus requiring regemming a ton of stuff. Also need to regem myself for the same reasons.
>.< I think people will keep the points for the 85 stuff. And also new gems will come out in xpac...

Evlar

Banned
markot said:
>.< I think people will keep the points for the 85 stuff. And also new gems will come out in xpac...
And there will be a month or more between 4.0.0 and the expansion. But hey, they're my gems.

mclem

Evlar said:
Looks like 4.0.0 is definitely not coming next week. More time to farm PvP stuff and stock up on gems...

I think the key measurement to look for is when they rebalance ICC. I don't *think* they've done it yet, and I'm pretty sure 4.0 won't go live with ICC having been made near-impossible.

Fularu

Banned
4.0 isn't coming out for at least an another 3 weeks. Mid to end october would be my guess based on the state of the PTR build

Raiden

Banned
Goddamned achievements and Gearscore bullshit, is it like this on every server?

Somebody tell me how to gear up to get acces to an ICC10 group as a rogue, im stuck at 5.1K GS, cannot get a raidspot in my guild because there is allways a better geared melee dude. Pugs wont take me, im just farming gold to buy the 264 necklace and boots.

fuck, i probally wont be playing untill Cataclysm if i keep getting stuck like this.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Raiden said:

Somebody tell me how to gear up to get acces to an ICC10 group as a rogue, im stuck at 5.1K GS, cannot get a raidspot in my guild because there is allways a better geared melee dude. Pugs wont take me, im just farming gold to buy the 264 necklace and boots.

fuck, i probally wont be playing untill Cataclysm if i keep getting stuck like this.
Forget Wrath end game. Cata is soon here anyway. Quest gear ftw.

I was hoping for more significant added things than this. While I wouldn't call it a half-hearted effort on Blizzards front, but I can't shake the feeling that we still need 15-20% more stuff/technology/content added before it really, is "wauw".
Maybe this is just me who have played the beta to much. Suddenly it's all not so interesting, or special as we move closer. I still think it's fantastic things that have been added, but I don't know.

I'm a bit confused about WoW right now. It's like my sexuality. I don't know what to do about it!

notworksafe

Raiden said:

Make your own PUG or join a GDKP.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, looks like World of Raids is finally closing up shop, it really had become redundant with MMO-Champion under the same roof.

LowParry

Raiden said:

Pugs won't take you at a 5.1gs? Damn. You got some rather picky players on your server. I get in pugs with my alt tank all the time with a 4.9gs. Maybe it's time to pick a new class. ;) That's what I did. I used to play a rogue.

Raiden

Banned
CcrooK said:
Pugs won't take you at a 5.1gs? Damn. You got some rather picky players on your server. I get in pugs with my alt tank all the time with a 4.9gs. Maybe it's time to pick a new class. ;) That's what I did. I used to play a rogue.

Well, every now and then there is an ICC10 PUG that ask a req 5.2K, so i kinda lie my way in there, but then i have my achievement problem ... no achiev no invite, i kinda understand it, it sucks if you wipe.

But still bleh .. i had an easier time getting in raids with my warr, but he is horribly undergeared now, have not played him since OS/NAXX

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone know what will happen with such things as heroic daily or raid weekly once the patch will be live? Since emblems no longer exist and both 5 mans & raids will give Justice points... will they simply give a bigger amount of JP than a boss or just disappear?

Retro

Raiden said:

... God I'm glad I stopped playing. I'm also thinking I'll just not come back for cataclysm and be done with it for good. I'll try not to troll this thread (as we've seen so often from former players) since I'm not an active player... but yeah, reading this kind of stuff just depresses me. What a shitty community.

notworksafe

Retro said:
... God I'm glad I stopped playing. I'm also thinking I'll just not come back for cataclysm and be done with it for good. I'll try not to troll this thread (as we've seen so often from former players) since I'm not an active player... but yeah, reading this kind of stuff just depresses me. What a shitty community.
Depends on the server, IMO. A52 is one of the best out there when it comes to this stuff. It's not heavy on GS snobs and there are a lot of PUGs and GDKP runs (usually 3-4 successful ICC PUGs daily and 2-3 GDKPs every weekend). There's a decent amount of "fun runs" of old raids and such as well.

It helps when you're a high pop server and heavily stacked on one side (Horde in the case of A52).

Rapstah

CcrooK said:
10 Normal raids frequently ask for 5.6 GS on my server even from tanks. It just gets worse the more people you have on your server.

And here's some mind-blowing stuff from the Cata beta, but not about the Cata beta; you can fly into uninstanced Stratholme from behind. Most of the area seems to be dummy scenery from the pre-Cata instance, which is good:

strat1nl2n.jpg

Crusader's Square is here (or is it Slaughter Square? It's the area with Ramstein). But wait a second, is that portcullis that's closed in the real instance open? And the instance portal that's behind it is gone? What's beyond?

strat2n9ae.jpg

The instance portal is moved beyond the edge, but passing through it does nothing.

strat4dya8.jpg

A short corridor later on, you are greeted with another square... with a dummy Necropolis hanging around. Doesn't this pretty much confirm that this was the entrance to Naxxramas at some early testing stage? Note the teleporter-style building under the necropolis - it's perfectly centered under that model.

Retro

notworksafe said:
Depends on the server, IMO. A52 is one of the best out there when it comes to this stuff. It's not heavy on GS snobs and there are a lot of PUGs and GDKP runs (usually 3-4 successful ICC PUGs daily and 2-3 GDKPs every weekend). There's a decent amount of "fun runs" of old raids and such as well.

It helps when you're a high pop server and heavily stacked on one side (Horde in the case of A52).

That's probably a big part of it. Ursin-US used to be an insane PVP server (especially horde side), I actually transferred there just to PVP. Then the alliance organized an AV Boycott (which I think also carried over to other BGs) because they were sick of getting destroyed... queue times went up and the hardcore PVPers started to leave. Then cross-server BGs were added and Ursin was lumped in with a bunch of crappy PVP servers and everyone bailed the fuck out.

All that was left were people too poor or lazy to migrate and scrubs.

J-Rzez

Looks like we have all the stages DL'd now via background downloader. I'm sure they have the numbers and such tweaked for old content by now, just something they've done internally and no need to test it in their eyes. So hopefully they get the ball rolling next week already. No way in hell will I be sitting at "Justice Cap" when the conversion goes live. I could have, but I was selling my frost supply off for a while before for saronites for gold. I guess I can just grind heroics mindlessly for Triumphs, but I guess I can also go buy two-thousand number 2 pencils, sharpen them, and conduct a lead based acupuncture on myself too. Not sure which is more painless and harmless to your body.

notworksafe

They probably won't care too much about balancing around Wrath content. At the end of BC when the Wrath changes went in, people were steamrolling the content of the time (the big nerfs helped too). Well...until Muru/KJ but those are fights that require more than mindlessly beating on bosses.

Tamanon said:
New Beta build hitting soon, MMO-Champ has the changes, it looks like we are in full-on number tweaking mode. Good news.
Or "nerf everything because of dumb PVP" mode. :(

idlewild_

notworksafe said:
They probably won't care too much about balancing around Wrath content. At the end of BC when the Wrath changes went in, people were steamrolling the content of the time (the big nerfs helped too). Well...until Muru/KJ but those are fights that require more than mindlessly beating on bosses.

Or "nerf everything because of dumb PVP" mode. :(

they should care, icc is near impossible w/the changes put in for cata (mob health/dmg, etc.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Looks like we have all the stages DL'd now via background downloader. I'm sure they have the numbers and such tweaked for old content by now, just something they've done internally and no need to test it in their eyes. So hopefully they get the ball rolling next week already. No way in hell will I be sitting at "Justice Cap" when the conversion goes live. I could have, but I was selling my frost supply off for a while before for saronites for gold. I guess I can just grind heroics mindlessly for Triumphs, but I guess I can also go buy two-thousand number 2 pencils, sharpen them, and conduct a lead based acupuncture on myself too. Not sure which is more painless and harmless to your body.
They have to fix the numbers still. It doesn't take THAT long, but it takes long enough that they aren't going to push it next week. Unless I'm totally wrong.

Tamanon

Banned
Bisnic said:
Why would they change the damage and health of ICC anyway.

They changed the stats for mobs over level 80 due to the stat inflation of Cata gear. This inadvertently affected ICC mobs.

jersoc

Raiden said:

and thus why gearscore is the lamest thing ever. I joined a pug that was requiring 5.5k in the hopes of killing LK. I figured 5.5k people would know what they were doing and the only wipes would probably be sindragosa and then LK. Nope, half the raid has apparently never stepped foot in ICC. They did not understand that you have to kite the slimes and kept dragging them through the raid. I really hope blizzard blocks this piece of shit addon soon. It totally makes doing pugs not fun.

Anyways, you just lie. Odds are no one will even check and if you can actually do the fights and do good enough dps no one will be the wiser anyways. Once you get some achievements just link those and you'll get groups regardless.

Raiden said:
Well, every now and then there is an ICC10 PUG that ask a req 5.2K, so i kinda lie my way in there, but then i have my achievement problem ... no achiev no invite, i kinda understand it, it sucks if you wipe.

But still bleh .. i had an easier time getting in raids with my warr, but he is horribly undergeared now, have not played him since OS/NAXX

Wipe an Icc pug as melee id like to see. :lol Theres not even anything you need to know as melee dps up to like Putricide

Marrow: Break spikes, dont stand in fire
Lady: Kill mobs then boss
Lootship: kill adds
Saur: dont use AE
Fester: get disease run to kiter move behind when spray/run from poobomb
I forget the other thing but its like run to ranged if you get spikeblob disease is all my guild told me to do
Putri I imagine would be aot of trouble for pugs
Dreamdragon is kill everything :lol
(ive not gone any further but only been in icc twice)
Its pretty fucking hard to mess up as melee but oh well thats WoW for you.

My Dk is only 5.1 GS and thats after getting Oxblood, how the fuck do you break 5k pre icc I dont know.

jersoc said:
Odds are no one will even check and if you can actually do the fights and do good enough dps no one will be the wiser anyways. Once you get some achievements just link those and you'll get groups regardless.

Totally agree Gs has gone mental, Tanks get done over as the only none 200il tank trinket worth using pre icc is santrina scarab the rest its brewfest brews and black heart/gossomer.

Yeah id lie aswell, I went in my tank gear they didnt want me to tank so I just dpsed in my pvp gear did a woppign 3k dps and none said a word :lol

FLEABttn

Banned
jersoc said:
I joined a pug that was requiring 5.5k in the hopes of killing LK. I figured 5.5k people would know what they were doing and the only wipes would probably be sindragosa and then LK. Nope, half the raid has apparently never stepped foot in ICC. They did not understand that you have to kite the slimes and kept dragging them through the raid.

This...

and thus why gearscore is the lamest thing ever....I really hope blizzard blocks this piece of shit addon soon. It totally makes doing pugs not fun.

is not a result of this.

If gearscore were gone tomorrow, your above story would still happen, it would just be more like:

I joined a pug that was requiring full 251 gear in the hopes of killing LK. I figured full 251 people would know what they were doing and the only wipes would probably be sindragosa and then LK. Nope, half the raid has apparently never stepped foot in ICC. They did not understand that you have to kite the slimes and kept dragging them through the raid.

If gearscore is gone, people will still figure out ways to judge you and require overgearing.

Yeah, Naxx was supposed to be accessed through Stratholme, like Molten Core was through BRD and Blackwing Lair through UBRS. Guess they figured that people wouldn't want to spend the extra time clearing (which was very true).

The entrance to MC always struck me as a last-minute decision. "You want to go deep within the earth? Jump out this window overlooking a lava pit!"

Retro

SiegfriedFM said:
Yeah, Naxx was supposed to be accessed through Stratholme, like Molten Core was through BRD and Blackwing Lair through UBRS. Guess they figured that people wouldn't want to spend the extra time clearing (which was very true).

The entrance to MC always struck me as a last-minute decision. "You want to go deep within the earth? Jump out this window overlooking a lava pit!"

Yeah, originally you had to go all the way down to the MC entry portal at the bottom of BRD, and people bitched that it took too long, so... they added the magical window.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
They have to fix the numbers still. It doesn't take THAT long, but it takes long enough that they aren't going to push it next week. Unless I'm totally wrong.

I hope they have it done to push it. I've just been logging in for the brewfest stuff, as that's the only fun world event to me. It's quick, easy, and good rewards, plus I like the music in it. I want something else to do really, getting the pre-cata events rolling with the class changes would go a long way in renewing my enjoyment as well as relearning my class mechanics.

jersoc

FLEABttn said:
This...

is not a result of this.

If gearscore were gone tomorrow, your above story would still happen, it would just be more like:

If gearscore is gone, people will still figure out ways to judge you and require overgearing.

maybe, maybe not. Back in the days we just kicked the bad players from the raid. Now it seems like GS is used as a tool to somehow judge how good a player is. Not the case, at all. This is my point.

Before if someone fucked up and kept fucking up they were gone. Now it just seems like everyone only cares about their GS and if they fucked up it's the other guy's fault with a lower GS because clearly he isn't good enough. Experience obviously varies between leaders, but this is generally what i've encountered.

Achievements speak louder than GS will ever. GS is just a number with no facts, no basis nothing behind it other than someone has gotten gear via raiding or running lots and lots of daily dungeons. That's all it means and it all it'll ever mean. It's an arbitrary number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom