• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interfectum

PhoenixDark said:
They're pretty much the same. I've done some early Worgen stuff where the quests are pretty standard but the environment is cool enough to make things interesting. On my main, I started in the underworld Vashj'ir which I didn't like; somewhat of a hassle doing standard things underwater. I'm in Mount Hyjal now, which I like a lot more.

I like how much action goes on in each area. Most quests progress you through some on-going battle or conflict.

Dungeon quests are definitely better. Blackrock Caverns has a cool chain quest that starts in Mount Hyjal. It takes you through the entire dungeon, you get new objectives as you progress, and fits nicely into the storyline of the quests in Mount Hyjal. The item rewards are pretty meh, but you get a lot of gold during each leg of the quest.

thanks for the impressions... have you run into the plants vs zombies quest yet? are there any other quests that are really different and cool that are like that?

Bisnic said:
They have updated the emblems to justice points conversion to 11.58 points every emblem.(up from 2.75)
So to be capped on justice points (4,000 when Cata launches), you only need to stockpile 346 frost/triumph emblems. That's not that bad. I can actually see myself getting that many and I play rather casually. If I can find a good group that bangs out a bunch of heroics in a row, it'll be quite easy.

If you're over that amount, the rest will still be converted to gold but they lowered the conversation rate on that. It used to be 2g per point and now it's 47s per point I believe.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
funkmastergeneral said:
Why do you care how much T10 gear is going to cost come Cata? It'll be useless...

It might be useless once we are lvl 84-85. But at least it will be better than greens with no gem sockets in the first levels. And since i'll have nothing better to do between patch 4.0 and the actual Cataclysm release...I'll want to use these Justice points on some alts that have many unused emblems.

Rapstah

Bisnic said:
It might be useless once we are lvl 84-85. But at least it will be better than greens with no gem sockets in the first levels. And since i'll have nothing better to do between patch 4.0 and the actual Cataclysm release...I'll want to use these Justice points on some alts that have many unused emblems.
The first Vash'jir greens are at the moment ilvl 272 greens. They're better than 251 stuff as long as you can accept dropping the set bonuses.

Bisnic

They might be 272 but greens always(except in rare occasions) have 0 slots. While our current epics have 2 or 3. Not to mention greens always have some weird stats. Like having only strength & haste & stamina and nothing else. Even if a green chest is ilvl 272, if it only has strength, haste & stamina with no gem sockets, it will be worst than my ilvl 251 epic chest with nice stats all around and 3 gem sockets with epic gems. Lets not forget the enchants on them, because who will enchant those quest greens anyway?

notworksafe

Don't all those greens have triple digit stats? Might be worth switching to them in that case. And I'll be enchanting my greens...easiest way to level enchanting. :D I'm converting all my badges into gold. I figure I'll have no lack of Justice Points once my guild starts the hardcore farming of Heroics.

Bisnic said:
They might be 272 but greens always(except in rare occasions) have 0 slots. While our current epics have 2 or 3. Not to mention greens always have some weird stats. Like having only strength & haste & stamina and nothing else. Even if a green chest is ilvl 272, if it only has strength, haste & stamina with no gem sockets, it will be worst than my ilvl 251 epic chest with nice stats all around and 3 gem sockets with epic gems. Lets not forget the enchants on them, because who will enchant those quest greens anyway?

True but there's no reason to horde emblems and then gem/chant the new epic gear when you're just leveling easy content until 85. If you already have the gear then great, but prepping for Cata is a bit odd IMO.

Interfectum

finally got my rogue to 80... quickly gearing him up for cata quests and gathering funds for my worgan druid (to start the leveling cycle all over again :lol fuck me)

Quick question about druids, since I've been knee deep in rogue play I've pretty much ignored all the druid changes for cata... is there anything I should be aware of going into this class? any big nerfs or buffs? I plan on using a druid for stealth cat, boomkin and possibly resto.

Aurarian

notworksafe said:
Don't all those greens have triple digit stats? Might be worth switching to them in that case. And I'll be enchanting my greens...easiest way to level enchanting. :D I'm converting all my badges into gold. I figure I'll have no lack of Justice Points once my guild starts the hardcore farming of Heroics.

You got that right.

Flib

Interfectum said:
finally got my rogue to 80... quickly gearing him up for cata quests and gathering funds for my worgan druid (to start the leveling cycle all over again :lol fuck me)

Quick question about druids, since I've been knee deep in rogue play I've pretty much ignored all the druid changes for cata... is there anything I should be aware of going into this class? any big nerfs or buffs? I plan on using a druid for stealth cat, boomkin and possibly resto.

cat isn't changing that much, boomkin has a new UI system and is apparently more fun to play/generally improved, resto (while not getting new spells) is getting really reworked and is apparently really tough to play at the moment.

I'm not in beta though, feel free to correct me.

mclem

notworksafe said:

I'm trying to figure out how to game the numbers so I hit 4k Justice Points at the moment I hit L85. That's... proving challenging.

Right now I have 22k Justice Points heading my way. I think I need to do some rearrangement to ensure I don't end up wasting some!

notworksafe said:

Same here. I stopped doing dailies/farming awhile ago and my gold is at like 3100g right now. I'm going to use frost emblems for primorial saronite and convert everything else into gold lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Confused101 said:
So to be capped on justice points (4,000 when Cata launches), you only need to stockpile 346 frost/triumph emblems.
MUCH more than 346 frost/triumph needed for 4k points.

Rapstah

I had to heal HC HoR today... on my 4.3k GS priest... with a DPS geared druid tank... and a tanking Paladin DPS. No deaths until the last wall - the Lich King was hitting Jaina as we got the last caster down and four of us got out. The difference between DPSing and healing that was that I was having fun and felt like I was doing a good job! Will be healing Cata too for those moments.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
funkmastergeneral said:
Wat.

4000 JP divided by 11.58 JP/emblem = 346 emblems
They changed it today so... not my fault it went ez-mode :p

J-Rzez

mclem said:
Interesting that you left Freya up. Thorim's the one we've currently got up, and I gather that was always the traditional one to leave in play for Yogg+1 back when it was relevant content. There were some suggestions around the guild that we run with Freya instead of Thorim, but I was a bit worried about not being able to kill the immortals and any issues with them healing - since we'd always been reliant on killing them before they could get marked.

Was there something smart done with tank positioning? It's just struck me that you could have had the tanks off to one side so the mark isn't likely to heal Yogg himself with the melee on the group to keep the immortal's health down; the melee wouldn't get any Yogg splash damage in, but on the other hand, there'd be no risk of healing so you could instead have the sanity buffs from Freya.

(Not, I have to add, that sanity seems to be a huge problem. I think we only lost a couple of people to it on our best go prior to P3. Being rusty for P3 and not reacting to the Lunatic Gaze was a sanity issue, but I'm sure that'll come with more practice.)

Especially if you're overgeared now, you have the two tanks spread apart, pulling the mobs apart near the doors, one dps with each tank. Burn down the adds, have the OT pull out the mob with the buff. Rest of DPS burns Yogg.

Sanity was more of an issue with us due to latency, getting zapped in the portals though you weren't facing the skulls, random yogg attack that drops you down which especially hurts the portal team. Once we did Freya the following week opposed to Thorim, we two shot it once we got the positioning down.

Bisnic said:
What do you mean by battlegroups are going regional? Does that mean we will be able to do BGs with people from other battlegroups now? Does that include the dungeon finder too since it also works with battlegroups?

Yes, all of NA will face each other now, not just servers from your battlegroup. I believe this is the same for the dungeon finder now too. Queues should be much better all around. At least that's what I remember them saying.

Xabora said:

Yes, the 5th is a fine date. The number five is awesome. The 5th is a Tuesday as well. Tuesdays are much cooler than Mondays and Wednesdays. I get excited for the 5th of October every year when it falls on a Tuesday.

VaLiancY

I'm reading up on Paladins in Cata and I'm pretty excited about what I'm reading. I've only leveled the class to 40 on Live but I wouldn't mind starting up a Tauren Paladin. I'm really digging the Holy Power system. I'm liking how Blizz is making all classes a little bit different from each other.

krypt0nian said:
No offense but why would Xabora know?

Dunno, he's probably just trying to get people riled up. As soon as I saw his post I RUSHED to MMO-champ to see if something was coming out Oct 5th. Nope.
It is surprising to see Xabora make posts without pics of his DK's DPS meter though.

I cant decide whether to horde emblems for the conversion or just convert all my triumphs to orbs and make like 800G
I was going to save all my frosts but decided if its going to be like a month till cata I should get at least one bit of T10.

Hopefully rated BG's will make PvP better as people are fucking thick as shit alliance side, like obsessing over the flag in nether storm one rather than taking towers, not defending stuff in basin and so on, so frustrating.

Yoshichan

Why the fuck did they change it to 11 JP per 1 Triumph from 2? That's idiotic.

Reprise

Neo Member
So I've recently re-subbed to wow after that started just after the Argent Tournament stuff was released.

But in my absence I've totally forgotten how some of the fights (and the new icecrown fights) run.

Is there an add-on which detects the boss (or dungeon) you're on and gives you a run down of what to do/expect from a particular boss, without having to alt-tab and search wowhead?

alt-tabbing on my machine causes the hard drive to have a heart attack, thank god I'll be getting a new pc soon!

J-Rzez

So when's the new talent trees and such going into effect? Is it with the first stage of the patch? If so, then Oct 5th is probably out of the question as the arena season wouldn't be over yet, and they'd be screwing people over in the higher brackets continuing to play until day 0 since a couple classes are going to be out of control and others drop like a rock once those new abilities go through. It can cause havoc in the standings of arena.

Yoshichan said:
Why the fuck did they change it to 11 JP per 1 Triumph from 2? That's idiotic.

Well, probably not to give a very small group of people a massive advantage, rather set it up so there's a chance people can catch up and be on equal footing for the new gear come Cata. Personally, I think they should just flat out wipe everything out. Anyways, at least my Rogue, Pally, and DK will be sitting at caps now.

Bisnic

Reprise said:
So I've recently re-subbed to wow after that started just after the Argent Tournament stuff was released.

But in my absence I've totally forgotten how some of the fights (and the new icecrown fights) run.

Is there an add-on which detects the boss (or dungeon) you're on and gives you a run down of what to do/expect from a particular boss, without having to alt-tab and search wowhead?

alt-tabbing on my machine causes the hard drive to have a heart attack, thank god I'll be getting a new pc soon!

Well, there is the deadly boss mod that pretty much everyone are using in raids. It doesn't tell you exactly what to do and what all the spells does, but at least you see their timers and get "run away" warnings.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
After starting to get annoyed, got the Ram and Kodo in consecutive days :lol

I thought they said you had to have a group to do rated BGs to promote strategic premades or something...
Yeah, maybe I worded things weird.

J-Rzez said:
They say it matches your team/personal ratings, but problem is you have people in BiS gear carrying people up to 2000-2200 for gold in the 2's and 3's bracket. The people that are good enough to be at a handicap with said person, yet still get up to those ratings. Like seeing a War with Shadowmourne/2200 weapon come charging into you taking 1/4 of your hp off per swing, or a Holy Pally/Druid that's impossible to kill and their teammate being carried just whittles away at your team.

As far as Queue times go, all battlegroups are going regional, thus, it has a HUGE pool of players to choose from. In theory, no matter what you're doing, it should be near insta-queue.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some people putting together a Rated-BG team though. I think there will be a lot of people interested in PVP that has meaning once again like in vanilla, and they're sick and tired of Arena which the only use of is to show off which classes are OP and which need attention. I have way more fun in BGs than Arena, but I'm guessing that's due to the more intensive teamwork and objectives. Just like in shooters I never do DM or TDM, I go right for objectives for the added layers of depth it adds to the experience.
I haven't exhausted arena in any means yet. Excluding the OP class combo part, maybe the new PVP gear distribution will keep arena teams for doing that. There's always dueling I suppose. I haven't done that much this exp either. That's great new for the regional thing. Yeah, I'm sure people can't always do guild runs and they'd designate strat and healing. Even when I lost vanilla premades easily, I didn't feel near as annoyed since I knew effort was put it. Also, losing rated battlegrounds doesn't lower you rating or something?

Alright, it sounds like they made a huge effort to fix battlegrounds and we just need to see what new problems arise. But, it really sucks doing them for the next 3 months as is.

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
Alright, it sounds like they made a huge effort to fix battlegrounds and we just need to see what new problems arise. But, it really sucks doing them for the next 3 months as is.

I'm excited for rated BGs. My guild has some really good PVPers (2200+ers), and we'll have access to gear that only 25man guilds had before due to the 10/25man raid equality now, so we're going to tear shit up hopefully. :lol

It's sad, but I'm just as excited for rated bg's as I am for new raids. And, actually the guild system too...

That Scorpion and Phoenix will be ours!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I suck at traditional keybinding, but I have an idea...

Let's say I get a N52te. if I keep my fingers on WAD and my thumb on the 8 input D-Pad. That's instant access to 16 abilities with one modifier. Ok, if a mouse exists with an 8 input D-Pad on the left side, that's another 16. Then you got 3 on the middle mouse button.

35 abilities from barely moving your fingers. If you need more, minor additions are no problem.

Just need to find a mouse with a D-PAD and test out a N52....

Edit: Looks like I have some contenders
-WOW steelseries.
-Razer Naga
-G700

Rokam

Xabora said:

If you go to the WoW website and click on 10 day free trial it states that streaming download will be available on October 5th, which is currently available on Beta and PTR. At least I'm assuming that's what he meant. I think they may just be releasing the new launcher then.

Xabora

All right, who was the dude who said no one on this forum but him would get LoD?

Rokam said:
If you go to the WoW website and click on 10 day free trial it states that streaming download will be available on October 5th, which is currently available on Beta and PTR. At least I'm assuming that's what he meant. I think they may just be releasing the new launcher then.
I was trying to be cryptic and fun. :lol

Link: https://us.battle.net/account/creation/wow/signup/

DeathNote said:
I suck at traditional keybinding, but I have an idea...

Let's say I get a N52te. if I keep my fingers on WAD and my thumb on the 8 input D-Pad. That's instant access to 16 abilities with one modifier. Ok, if a mouse exists with an 8 input D-Pad on the left side, that's another 16. Then you got 3 on the middle mouse button.

35 abilities from barely moving your fingers. If you need more, minor additions are no problem.

Just need to find a mouse with a D-PAD and test out a N52....

Edit: Looks like I have some contenders
-WOW steelseries.
-Razer Naga
-G700

Or just using the directional pad on your thumb to move, like on a game pad. I do that and leave all 14 face buttons free for macro'ing. Then I also use an MX Revolution mouse, bind one of the thumb buttons to Alt and I have another 14 keys on the face of my n52te to bind as well. Works very well for me.

Vestal

Well there is a heavy rumor going around that Cataclysm was being pushed back to atleast first week of december.. This probably has to do with it..(I also got the email)

Vestal

VaLiancY said:
I'm reading up on Paladins in Cata and I'm pretty excited about what I'm reading. I've only leveled the class to 40 on Live but I wouldn't mind starting up a Tauren Paladin. I'm really digging the Holy Power system. I'm liking how Blizz is making all classes a little bit different from each other.

Right now Ret paladins are FUBARD in PTR.. IT IS DEPPRESING.. My Pally who is pretty well geared(rakes in about 13k DPS in ICC25) is destroyed by my enh shammy on target dummies in PTR. Pally usually can do 2.5-3k more damage than the shammy on Live and in PTR the shammy is out dpsing him by about 3k..(Using all the different suggested best DPS rotations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom