• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yazus said:
Normal modes give iLvl333 Items, Heroics give iLvl346 Items, the thing I dont know is that if there is a chance that a purle (maybe 350 averagely) epic can drop (low low droprate) like in TBC HCs
Well isn't the ilvl of the JP bought items 359?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
KernelPanic said:
I think I'd have quit a long time if they didn't have 10 mans. My guild is a 10man guild so it works for us. I sometimes wish they'd have 15man as I think that'd be perfect.

25mans feels like a zerg, much like 40 did. Mind you I've only done pugs for them. If Blizzard (in their infinite wisdom) didn't make 25mans drop better loot I wouldn't have done any at all. Glad that's being fixed in Cata.

5 mans of course are always for a quick 30min'ish run.

It'll be interesting to see what happens as the WoW userbase at large has been used to easy 5 mans and largely free epic loot. If Blizzard is going to make heroics hard, needing CC, watching mana and DPS aggro I predict a lot of wipes and angry posts.

I also think Blizzard should introduce a new item color (between purple and orange). What's the point of having different colors when everything is quickly purple at max level ?
Technically there's a level beyond Orange, which is the red "artifact" items, which don't exist at all :lol :lol

Interfectum

PhoenixDark said:
It has already started heh, Throne of Tides was definitely nerfed.On the other hand I did Blackrock Caverns again last night and it's still a nice challenge. It was late and I was just pulling packs without CC, but the healer kept up with some close calls here or there. I can imagine you won't be able to do that in heroic mode (initially), and I can't wait.

Almost lv83 and haven't seen a single decent tank drop lol

How are the quests in Cata? The usual WoW thing or do they actually switch it up?

notworksafe

Zarhym said:
The reason the portals from Shattrath were not removed from Outland when Wrath of the Lich King released is that there was a new central hub with portals to all major cities in Northrend. There is no longer a neutral city hub which both factions will be using in Cataclysm. We want to ensure visiting the major faction capitals is still the most attractive thing to do in Cataclysm, rather than having people use Shattrath and Dalaran as easy connector hubs.

To make up for this, we'd like to add class trainers and Auctioneers in Shattrath and Dalaran for those leveling through The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King content.
Nice! This will help with congestion in major cities as well since there will be no point in going to the old world from 58-80.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
Nice! This will help with congestion in major cities as well since there will be no point in going to the old world from 58-80.
On A52. Tons of servers are low pop and dead.

Also, it' nice to show off armor to lowbies and new players so they can lust. Thats good enough 1-60 I reckon.

notworksafe

I imagine all servers are going to see an influx of players when Cata comes out. Mostly because it's both a redo of 1-60 and new 80+ content so it's got something for all types of players. I know some of my friends who got bored with the game in Vanilla/BC are planning on coming back after Cata.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DeathNote said:
Also, it' nice to show off armor to lowbies and new players so they can lust. Thats good enough 1-60 I reckon.

Can't wait to see all the new players in SW or Org going "Omg where did you get that super cool dragon".

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
I imagine all servers are going to see an influx of players when Cata comes out. Mostly because it's both a redo of 1-60 and new 80+ content so it's got something for all types of players. I know some of my friends who got bored with the game in Vanilla/BC are planning on coming back after Cata.
All servers? Right now my heirlooms are on a 30,000horde to 2,000 alliance server. So I'd have to pay to xfer my toons to a better leveling PVP server.... But what if I pick a shitty server? Gawd.

I want to level with a lot of alliance and horde. Man, have you seen that subzone of the barrens? You got a horde base, an alliance base, and some trench in the middle that promotes world pvp.
XgfNY.png

0XLD7.png

Swag

notworksafe said:

Can't wait for the Mal'Ganis Queues!

LowParry

So Oct. 12th, Season 8 ends. Two weeks! 4.0! Then Blizzcon right around the corner where they will finally announce Cata's release date. I think we may see a Nov. release. Maybe.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
CcrooK said:
So Oct. 12th, Season 8 ends. Two weeks! 4.0! Then Blizzcon right around the corner where they will finally announce Cata's release date. I think we may see a Nov. release. Maybe.
thought you were talking about a tv show before the edit. lol

Edit:
The latest mmo-champion rumor was December 7th or 14th. Season 4 ended October 14, 2008 and season 5 started December 16th, 2008.

Angry Grimace

Well given that everyone seems to believe WoW is losing popularity, won't the queues be shorter than Wrath's launch? :lol :lol

(I don't actually understand why everyone thinks the loss of subs is indicative of some bigger trend away from WoW.)

Evlar

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Well given that everyone seems to believe WoW is losing popularity, won't the queues be shorter than Wrath's launch? :lol :lol
I'm sure they will be... but only because there are eight times as many realms.

markot

Banned
Theres always an exodus before an expansion. Then it comes out and servers are battered.

Happened before TBC and before Wotlk from what I remember... not much point getting the best gear or really working on a character if you are going to replace all the gear in a month with quest greens >.<

Bisnic

I've been playing mostly on my alts lately trying to get some good professions on my Horde ones before Cataclysm is released... and damn, i forgot how expansive & annoying it is to lvl enchanting.

Either i have to do tons of boring runs of low lvl instances or i just do all the low lvl quests with green rewards i skipped while lving through the dungeon finder. That or paying thousands of gold for mats on AH. Oh god, please kill me.

Inscription in comparison is just so much easier when you have Herbalism. Herbs are everywhere AND free compared to green items.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Bisnic said:
I've been playing mostly on my alts lately trying to get some good professions on my Horde ones before Cataclysm is released... and damn, i forgot how expansive & annoying it is to lvl enchanting.

Either i have to do tons of boring runs of low lvl instances or i just do all the low lvl quests with green rewards i skipped while lving through the dungeon finder. That or paying thousands of gold for mats on AH. Oh god, please kill me.

Inscription in comparison is just so much easier when you have Herbalism. Herbs are everywhere AND free compared to green items.
The way I did it when I switched over to Enchanting for my Shaman was that when I was leveling my Druid, I kept all of the random greens I found and shoved them onto a bank alt. It still didn't give me enough to enchant it up, and my Shaman is still stuck at 325 whereas I just want to be at 350. I don't have enough lvl 68-75 gear to disenchant and I can't be bothered hitting the AH, but I'm gonna have to do it soon somehow because I have way too much lvl 75+ green sitting there :lol

But yeah, I shoved Inscription on my new serious attempt at a Warlock and because I've stockpiled herbs all around I've pretty much hit the cap at level 22. I imagine the bank alts selling glyphs aren't too happy at my attempts to get rid of glyphs at ridiculously low prices but screw it.

Bisnic

I had so many glyphs while lvling Inscription, i wasn't able to sell most of them on the AH. So, instead of dealing with weeks of expired auctions in my mailbox, i just sold them to a vendor. Even if its just 1 silver each, i don't really care, not worth the waste of time.

And yeah, 300-350 enchanting was harder than i thought. A stack of Arcane dusts is like 50g on my server, and you need like 6-8-10 dusts for 1 point of enchanting! I'm glad my enchanting alt was just a prot warrior that lvled almost exclusively through the Dungeon Finder, so all those Outland quests were available. Still was very annoying to do them. The worst is paying those damn new rods for 100-150g, and that's just 1 of the mats for the runed rods.

Fularu

Banned
CcrooK said:
Patch will probably be after Blizzcon. they won't want to worry about the hurdle of deplying such a huge patch right before everyone leaves for Blizzcon.

Expect the patch the first week of november OR on october 12th, but I would be very very surprised (you never know, wotlk patch was the day the arena season ended, but the changes are different this time and they're nowhere near ready on the beta or the ptrs, also they didn't have to deal with blizzcon right around the corner)

mclem

Right. That gives a concrete deadline for 310% mounts, *if* my predictions about how the changeover will take place are correct. We got Yogg+1 to the third phase last night, so *hopefully* we can get a significant number of guildies the Ulduar drake in time before the patch occurs. I'm trying to fight the urge to suggest we replace the entire final week of ICC with Ulduar just to maximise the chances!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PVP...

I don't really do arenas. Do they match you with similar team ratings? It seems like facing a lot of higher skilled players wouldn't be fun at all.

Which brings me to battlegrounds. Gank fests just aren't fun. Assuming a lot of people do rated battlegrounds... grouping with friends, having heals, and coordination will do wonders.

But, what about large amount of people that aren't doing rated battlegrounds in Cat? If they found a way to figure out your skill level, would a trade off for longer queues be worth it? I have 15 minute queues sometimes. That could be like an hour. Ugh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What will happen to Honor Points, Stone Keepers Shards and Wintergrasp Mark of Honor in Cataclysm?

Tacitus_

Yoshichan said:
What will happen to Honor Points, Stone Keepers Shards and Wintergrasp Mark of Honor in Cataclysm?

Converted into Honor points if I recall the name correctly. There's a conversion table on MMO-champion.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tacitus_ said:
Converted into Honor points if I recall the name correctly. There's a conversion table on MMO-champion.
But I thought we could already do that in Cataclysm? MMO-champion seems to be down for me atm...

Tamanon

Banned
Yoshichan said:
But I thought we could already do that in Cataclysm? MMO-champion seems to be down for me atm...

It'll be a different type of honor points. Everything's being converted to the new currency in 4.0.1.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yoshichan said:
"Your New Honor Points total will be the sum of the following amounts:

Old Honor * 0.024
Old Arena Points * 0.85
Battleground Mark of Honor * 2.976
Wintergrasp Mark of Honor * 19.08
Stone Keeper Shard * 1.6
Venture Coin * 3
Spirit Shard * 1
"

Angry Grimace

After starting to get annoyed, got the Ram and Kodo in consecutive days :lol

DeathNote said:
PVP...

I don't really do arenas. Do they match you with similar team ratings? It seems like facing a lot of higher skilled players wouldn't be fun at all.

Which brings me to battlegrounds. Gank fests just aren't fun. Assuming a lot of people do rated battlegrounds... grouping with friends, having heals, and coordination will do wonders.

But, what about large amount of people that aren't doing rated battlegrounds in Cat? If they found a way to figure out your skill level, would a trade off for longer queues be worth it? I have 15 minute queues sometimes. That could be like an hour. Ugh.
I thought they said you had to have a group to do rated BGs to promote strategic premades or something...

Dunlop

mclem said:
Right. That gives a concrete deadline for 310% mounts, *if* my predictions about how the changeover will take place are correct. We got Yogg+1 to the third phase last night, so *hopefully* we can get a significant number of guildies the Ulduar drake in time before the patch occurs. I'm trying to fight the urge to suggest we replace the entire final week of ICC with Ulduar just to maximise the chances!

damnit, the core group is running uld hardmodes when I am in class. I already have the Yogg +1 achieve but need firefighter which will be imposible with a pug

I need more time!!!!!!

Dunlop said:
damnit, the core group is running uld hardmodes when I am in class. I already have the Yogg +1 achieve but need firefighter which will be imposible with a pug

I need more time!!!!!!

I did firefighter on monday, pretty crazy I imagine it was way harder back in the day.

The most annoying one was Iron Dwaft, Medium Rare. Think it took us an hour or so with a reset or 2 to get 25.

mclem

KernelPanic said:
The most annoying one was Iron Dwaft, Medium Rare. Think it took us an hour or so with a reset or 2 to get 25.

I have explicitly refused to do that one until we have everything else. I'm not going through that pain unless I'm guaranteed to get a drake at the end of it!

mclem said:
I have explicitly refused to do that one until we have everything else. I'm not going through that pain unless I'm guaranteed to get a drake at the end of it!

Well it shouldn't have taken that long, we usually had 4-5 dwarves ready to be roasted in front of Razorscale but for some reason most of them would survive with a pixel of health. Near the end we starting getting them 3-4 at a time.

The rest of them are easy for an Icc guild, think we spent more time trying to remember how we did it months ago than actually doing it.

Yogg 1 light was hell though, we were at it for months with no Drake guarantee, although GL kept promising we'd go back and do the rest for a few of us that missed most of Uld. He was true to his word.

I read that the Ulduar drake is the easiest 310% mount to get and I believe it, maybe the Violet Proto-Drake but with vacations I'll never get it.

J-Rzez

mclem said:

The last raid my guild did together was months back to get the 310 flyer so we didn't have to pay for it on our main raiding classes come Cata. We just needed Yogg +1, left Freya up, and one-shot it. But man, Ulduar was the lone bright spot for Wrath. It's amazing that it out shined ICC which was supposed to be the grand-finale of the culmination of this whole expansion, and it turned out to be mediocre, and the end was even just far worse.

DeathNote said:
PVP...

They say it matches your team/personal ratings, but problem is you have people in BiS gear carrying people up to 2000-2200 for gold in the 2's and 3's bracket. The people that are good enough to be at a handicap with said person, yet still get up to those ratings. Like seeing a War with Shadowmourne/2200 weapon come charging into you taking 1/4 of your hp off per swing, or a Holy Pally/Druid that's impossible to kill and their teammate being carried just whittles away at your team.

As far as Queue times go, all battlegroups are going regional, thus, it has a HUGE pool of players to choose from. In theory, no matter what you're doing, it should be near insta-queue.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some people putting together a Rated-BG team though. I think there will be a lot of people interested in PVP that has meaning once again like in vanilla, and they're sick and tired of Arena which the only use of is to show off which classes are OP and which need attention. I have way more fun in BGs than Arena, but I'm guessing that's due to the more intensive teamwork and objectives. Just like in shooters I never do DM or TDM, I go right for objectives for the added layers of depth it adds to the experience.

KernelPanic said:
I did firefighter on monday, pretty crazy I imagine it was way harder back in the day.

Oh, it was. That was the most satisfying victory in PVE I had in Wrath.

Bisnic

What do you mean by battlegroups are going regional? Does that mean we will be able to do BGs with people from other battlegroups now? Does that include the dungeon finder too since it also works with battlegroups?

Angry Grimace said:
Technically there's a level beyond Orange, which is the red "artifact" items, which don't exist at all :lol :lol

Interesting didn't know that.

Having purple items used to be the e-peen indicator in WoW and now that everyone has purples the user base came up with their own (GearScore) :lol

Bisnic

KernelPanic said:
Interesting didn't know that.

Having purple items used to be the e-peen indicator in WoW and now that everyone has purples the user base came up with their own (GearScore) :lol

To me, epics below 226 are like greens in my mind. 232-251 are blues, and 264+ are the real purples. :lol

mclem

J-Rzez said:
The last raid my guild did together was months back to get the 310 flyer so we didn't have to pay for it on our main raiding classes come Cata. We just needed Yogg +1, left Freya up, and one-shot it. But man, Ulduar was the lone bright spot for Wrath. It's amazing that it out shined ICC which was supposed to be the grand-finale of the culmination of this whole expansion, and it turned out to be mediocre, and the end was even just far worse.

Interesting that you left Freya up. Thorim's the one we've currently got up, and I gather that was always the traditional one to leave in play for Yogg+1 back when it was relevant content. There were some suggestions around the guild that we run with Freya instead of Thorim, but I was a bit worried about not being able to kill the immortals and any issues with them healing - since we'd always been reliant on killing them before they could get marked.

Was there something smart done with tank positioning? It's just struck me that you could have had the tanks off to one side so the mark isn't likely to heal Yogg himself with the melee on the group to keep the immortal's health down; the melee wouldn't get any Yogg splash damage in, but on the other hand, there'd be no risk of healing so you could instead have the sanity buffs from Freya.

(Not, I have to add, that sanity seems to be a huge problem. I think we only lost a couple of people to it on our best go prior to P3. Being rusty for P3 and not reacting to the Lunatic Gaze was a sanity issue, but I'm sure that'll come with more practice.)

notworksafe

I think Thorim makes P3 so much easier. I've tried Freya before and it didn't seem as helpful to me. The Immortals always end up being more of a problem than sanity at the end, in my opinion.

Raiden

Banned
Bisnic said:
To me, epics below 226 are like greens in my mind. 232-251 are blues, and 264+ are the real purples. :lol

This is correct lol.

Im gonna be happy to see the return of the real epics, even if it is for a short period.

Bisnic

Anyone know the price of T10 gear on the PTR right now? Like how much something that is currently worth 60 & 90 frosts will be in Justice points?

They have updated the emblems to justice points conversion to 11.58 points every emblem.(up from 2.75)

So is the price of a T10 chest on the PTR something like 1042 Justice points?

Bisnic said:
Anyone know the price of T10 gear on the PTR right now? Like how much something that is currently worth 60 & 90 frosts will be in Justice points?

They have updated the emblems to justice points conversion to 11.58 points every emblem.(up from 2.75)

So is the price of a T10 chest on the PTR something like 1042 Justice points?

Why do you care how much T10 gear is going to cost come Cata? It'll be useless...

will52 said:
I hate leveling but I get burnt out so quickly with the end game. Almost excited to level a worgen druid in the new content.

You don't like leveling or endgame? WoW may not be the game for you, man.

Interfectum said:
How are the quests in Cata? The usual WoW thing or do they actually switch it up?

They're pretty much the same. I've done some early Worgen stuff where the quests are pretty standard but the environment is cool enough to make things interesting. On my main, I started in the underworld Vashj'ir which I didn't like; somewhat of a hassle doing standard things underwater. I'm in Mount Hyjal now, which I like a lot more.

I like how much action goes on in each area. Most quests progress you through some on-going battle or conflict.

Dungeon quests are definitely better. Blackrock Caverns has a cool chain quest that starts in Mount Hyjal. It takes you through the entire dungeon, you get new objectives as you progress, and fits nicely into the storyline of the quests in Mount Hyjal. The item rewards are pretty meh, but you get a lot of gold during each leg of the quest.

mclem said:
Interesting that you left Freya up. Thorim's the one we've currently got up, and I gather that was always the traditional one to leave in play for Yogg+1 back when it was relevant content. There were some suggestions around the guild that we run with Freya instead of Thorim, but I was a bit worried about not being able to kill the immortals and any issues with them healing - since we'd always been reliant on killing them before they could get marked.

We left Thorim up. Sanity was an issue for us as well.

Since DBM can't seem to predict Lunatic Gaze and you always took a hit on Sanity until you can turn around what our ranged DPS did is play conservative since we had plenty of time (2 brain room phases to get to P3).

Our ranged DPS simply kept their backs to Yogg pretty much the whole time and used our AoE (Rain of Fire, Hurricane etc.) Zoom out and target your AoE so you can hit the adds (tank groups them up in front of Yogg) and Yogg at the same time. Right after Lunatic Gaze ends turn around put DOTs on Yogg and maybe pull off a nuke or two and then turn around and AOE again.

The adds die quick, Thorim kills them and no healing to Yogg. P3 took a bit longer but no one died no one went insane.

We kept wiping on P3 due to people going insane or Yogg healing due to adds being up until we did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom