• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Vestal said:
Right now Ret paladins are FUBARD in PTR.. IT IS DEPPRESING.. My Pally who is pretty well geared(rakes in about 13k DPS in ICC25) is destroyed by my enh shammy on target dummies in PTR. Pally usually can do 2.5-3k more damage than the shammy on Live and in PTR the shammy is out dpsing him by about 3k..(Using all the different suggested best DPS rotations)
Retribution!

notworksafe

Yeah, I'm not gonna hate on Shaman for out dpsing Paladins. If Shaman could tank
again
, I'd xfer my Shaman to Horde-side at lightspeed.

Alex

You have to be a a newer player if the framework testing of a X.0 PTR is bumming you out, it's the same affair every time.

They're not there for potency, numbers, balance, etc, it's just rough passes of the features of Cataclysm that are being sewn into the base game.

I still remember 2.0 hitting and the then new Felguard could solo people, good times watching Mages trying their damnedest to kite it. Good times. Better times that two Affliction drive-by DoTs equaled death.

But yeah, never use an expansions PTR as evidence of anything. On this same note I get kinda tired of hearing how "still fine" mana is based on the PTR numbers with the hiked regen and without the 81+ 4-5x spell costs :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
VaLiancY said:
I'm reading up on Paladins in Cata and I'm pretty excited about what I'm reading. I've only leveled the class to 40 on Live but I wouldn't mind starting up a Tauren Paladin. I'm really digging the Holy Power system. I'm liking how Blizz is making all classes a little bit different from each other.
It's pretty terrible at the moment in my opinion.

It doesn't really work the way it seems like it should and there seems to be a lot of standing around auto-meleeing since TV is useless at less than 3 HP, judgment has a medium CD, HW has a pretty long one, and Exo doesn't really have a CD, but it does in that you would never use it without Art of War, which doesn't really proc all that much.

You end up spamming a lot of CS, which isn't really all that exciting, not to mention it has a cooldown in the first place.

Alex said:
You have to be a a newer player if the framework testing of a X.0 PTR is bumming you out, it's the same affair every time.

They're not there for potency, numbers, balance, etc, it's just rough passes of the features of Cataclysm that are being sewn into the base game.

I still remember 2.0 hitting and the then new Felguard could solo people, good times watching Mages trying their damnedest to kite it. Good times. Better times that two Affliction drive-by DoTs equaled death.

But yeah, never use an expansions PTR as evidence of anything. On this same note I get kinda tired of hearing how "still fine" mana is based on the PTR numbers with the hiked regen and without the 81+ 4-5x spell costs :lol
They are working on the numbers a bit now. I see it differently every time I log onto the PTR :lol

For Pallies, I think seal damage needs to come way up; it's not very relevant now, but seals aren't an interesting mechanic, if you think about it since they just stack by autoattacking.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
Or just using the directional pad on your thumb to move, like on a game pad. I do that and leave all 14 face buttons free for macro'ing. Then I also use an MX Revolution mouse, bind one of the thumb buttons to Alt and I have another 14 keys on the face of my n52te to bind as well. Works very well for me.
It'd feel more natural to use it for movement, but how do you jump? Mouse?

DeathNote said:
It'd feel more natural to use it for movement, but how do you jump? Mouse?

I use the thumb "space" bar for jumping while I hold both mouse buttons for forward movement. Took me about 20 minutes to learn that well enough to make it second nature.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Alex said:
Yeah that stuff was insane. I still remember when Seed of Corruption first hit and AV was nothing but Warlocks destroying things all over the place.

lordmrw

Alex said:

Man I hope so, cuz holy shit does Combat dps suck on the PTR right now. On the flipside, with the addition of recuperate and reinforced leather I was able to solo 2 of the world bosses I had always wanted to kill, even with the shit damage. Once the damage is tuned shit is going to be awesome.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wow... tomorrow is already Oct 1st.

Zarhym & Ghostcrawler:
9/28 "We are currently planning to end Arena Season 8 as early as October 12."
9/14: "the current PvP season will end when the class changes go live"

Also... he continues...

We are spending most our PvP balancing effort at level 85, since that by far is what matters most to players. The health pools at 85, decaying combat ratings (because you'll be going from tier 3 gear to tier 0 gear), extra talent points and the 3 new abilities make a huge difference overall.

Since the current PvP season will end when these changes go live, they shouldn't have a lasting impact on ratings, titles and the like. We are prepared to just drop a temporary player damage nerf on all BGs and Arenas if necessary just so things don't feel too silly until everyone can level up to 85.

How things feel at 85 is of far more importance to us. We fully expect to see a lot of posts from freaked out players who imagine 85 will feel just like 80, but it won't. The gain in survivability is substantial.
Just thought you'd want to know cause there was a conversation about not judging character sin PTR. Can't in live either it seems.

As far as DPS goes...

It hasn't. Off the top of my head, Fury warriors and Feral druid damage seems low. BM hunter damage seems high. There are probably others. You'll start to see more number tweaks over time, especially as more players get to 85 on the beta that we can compare to our internal testing.

Aurarian

Interfectum said:

You guys have collector's edition or regular. I remember another poster here had said that they moved the date closer to Nov or Dec, but I didn't get any email.

Don't really like the idea of waiting till Jan for new content to be honest.

Interfectum

Aurarian said:
You guys have collector's edition or regular. I remember another poster here had said that they moved the date closer to Nov or Dec, but I didn't get any email.

Don't really like the idea of waiting till Jan for new content to be honest.

collectors edition... got the email last night that the date was pushed to jan 4

TomServo

Can't decide what new alt to make for Cata 1-60 leveling. Already have an 80 warlock (main) and priest (healer alt), and will probably have my DK (tank alt) up to 80 by the time cata hits.

Was thinking shaman, which I played at 60 in vanilla, but I'm kind of thinking rogue now. I had one in the 40's in vanilla and really enjoyed it. Yeah, probably rogue since I doubt I'll take him past 60.

If I can only get one of the heirloom weapons (Balance Heartseeker vs Venerable Dal'Rend's), is it better to go with a dagger or sword for leveling?

Interfectum

TomServo said:
Can't decide what new alt to make for Cata 1-60 leveling. Already have an 80 warlock (main) and priest (healer alt), and will probably have my DK (tank alt) up to 80 by the time cata hits.

Was thinking shaman, which I played at 60 in vanilla, but I'm kind of thinking rogue now. I had one in the 40's in vanilla and really enjoyed it. Yeah, probably rogue since I doubt I'll take him past 60.

If I can only get one of the heirloom weapons (Balance Heartseeker vs Venerable Dal'Rend's), is it better to go with a dagger or sword for leveling?

i went daggers because i leveled using quests and battlegrounds. swords might be better if you want to level as combat. not sure if it has changed in cata, but as combat rogue you get more AOE options for faster killing (especially in 5mans).

but i noticed after i got a bit higher i did fine as a mut rogue w/ daggers in 5 mans.

i guess it depends on the spec you want to be, honestly.

Yoshichan said:
Why the fuck did they change it to 11 JP per 1 Triumph from 2? That's idiotic.
Here's the official reasoning.

From Bashiok:
The previous conversion rate was intended to devalue Frost and Triumph a bit to discourage some amount of farming and hoarding of points before the conversion, but then we came to the conclusion that no matter what we do people would be farming well above the softcap, and we shouldn't try to make it more difficult for them to do so.

It may be idiotic, but, for a casual like me who isn't raiding and only gets in a few heroics a night, it's great! It actually gives me a fighting chance to reach the JP cap.

DeathNote said:
Assuming this mouse doesn't suck, what's your opinion with not using a modifier and having 12 keys for your thumb? http://www.sdsvx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/mouse.jpg I guess 4 fingers is faster.

Using that many thumb buttons is great for cooldowns, but like you surmised, 4 fingers is faster and has more fidelity. There's also all the moving around to consider. I find just with my two thumb buttons that I'll sometimes slide off the mouse enough that I screw up being able to press them correctly. The modifier+14 giving you 28 keys to work with is great because you're set for any class you come across, too. If you get that mouse, I don't see any real reason to get a speedpad.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
level 17 pally in the 10-19 WSG is quite fun. Judgement and Crusader Strike costing low mana, holy power heals, tons of mana for actual heals on yourself or friends. way different than the experience on live at this level.

Dunlop

arg 2 days in a row at failing on the rabi-less achievement (the last I need to complete glory of the hero).

We have issues with missing his 3rd transformation and by that time he is so dotted up that he will die before we can leave. Any advice?

Rapstah

Dunlop said:
arg 2 days in a row at failing on the rabi-less achievement (the last I need to complete glory of the hero).

We have issues with missing his 3rd transformation and by that time he is so dotted up that he will die before we can leave. Any advice?
Interrupt first one, kill before second one is up.

Dunlop said:

I've only done it once by accident in a PuG.

Kill him before the 3rd transformation, it's tough to interrupt that one, need classes with interrupts on short cooldowns.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think what would be the best for this achievement, is getting a shaman for heroism/bloodlust, and at least 2 geared arcane mages. They can easily do 10k DPS on a 5 man boss with all their cooldowns used at once. He will die before he even have a chance to use his 3rd transformation attempt.

Bisnic said:
I think what would be the best for this achievement, is getting a shaman for heroism/bloodlust, and at least 2 geared arcane mages. They can easily do 10k DPS on a 5 man boss with all their cooldowns used at once. He will die before he even have a chance to use his 3rd transformation attempt.

Have your tank go dps too. I seriously doubt he hits that hard.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
tier11_warrior_male.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, BB at MMO-Champ is stating December 7th as the Cataclysm release date based on parsing of a quote about Arena Season 9 starting a week after Cata and

+ARENA_MASTER_NO_SEASON_TEXT = "Arena battles and Rated Battlegrounds are only available during an active player versus player combat season. Season nine will begin on December 14th, so be prepared at that time to take your shot at glory!";

If so, way to scoop it.:D

Tamanon said:
BTW, BB at MMO-Champ is stating December 7th as the Cataclysm release date based on parsing of a quote about Arena Season 9 starting a week after Cata and

They can always alter the date. We'll see of course, at least it gives me enough time to get as much as I can done.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tamanon said:

gives me a starz Spartacus feel. In fact, it makes me want to roll a warrior. Roman gladiator, etc.

Alex

That Warrior armor is one of the nicer looking sets I've seen lately.

I hope for good things from the Priest armor, Priests had rocking armor... until Wrath.

J-Rzez

Warrior set is the best looking tier set shown so far, but that isn't saying much considering the other three. I don't like the crystals on the gear, that's more of a Shaman/Mage thing I think personally. Wish they didn't show the gear on human models nearly all the time, as they have the worst models in the game.

Dec 5th eh? We'll see. Believable I guess, but still perhaps a bit later than expected. Should have been a Nov release.

I want to see the PVP gear models now, as I think i'm giving up hope on the tier stuffs. I'm more curious to see how the gear is asthetically different looking from non-rated to rated gear. We know the stats are the same for all gear outside of 2200 weapon.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Warrior set is the best looking tier set shown so far, but that isn't saying much considering the other three. I don't like the crystals on the gear, that's more of a Shaman/Mage thing I think personally. Wish they didn't show the gear on human models nearly all the time, as they have the worst models in the game.

Dec 5th eh? We'll see. Believable I guess, but still perhaps a bit later than expected. Should have been a Nov release.

I want to see the PVP gear models now, as I think i'm giving up hope on the tier stuffs. I'm more curious to see how the gear is asthetically different looking from non-rated to rated gear. We know the stats are the same for all gear outside of 2200 weapon.
Wowhead has their flash/java viewer for the other ones. Prob warrior now or soon.

But it is annoying.

J-Rzez

Tamanon said:
It especially looked odd having humans in Druid Armor, although I guess it makes sense for Worgen.

Yeah, that is true, and my gosh does it look terrible on them. :lol

DeathNote said:
Wowhead has their flash/java viewer for the other ones. Prob warrior now or soon.

But it is annoying.

I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Alex

Nice to see more neat little cinematics like that, cool intro for the gobbies. Love that race so much thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom