• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HarryDemeanor said:
They can always alter the date. We'll see of course, at least it gives me enough time to get as much as I can done.
Fixed.

No, seriously, Dec. 7ish sounds about right if you think about what they have left to do, although I'm sort of perplexed that none of the raid stuff is tested yet.

DeathNote said:
I really wish you were able to defect from the Horde or Alliance.

why not MJ thriller? no brainer...
I have a standing bet that defection is one of the first features to be put in the game once Blizzard feels like they are losing more subs than they want.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Fixed.

No, seriously, Dec. 7ish sounds about right if you think about what they have left to do, although I'm sort of perplexed that none of the raid stuff is tested yet.

I have a standing bet that defection is one of the first features to be put in the game once Blizzard feels like they are losing more subs than they want.
With all the rep from hate to exalted... DK getting trash thrown on them... factions teaming up at points... it just makes sense. In fact, certain humans played a major role in WOTLK.

Yeah, I could see them saving to blow that load.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This thread isn't active enough for me so I've been reading other forums. Huge bitch fest on currency tier gear. As always,

I said this in a thread. I thought up an epic concept...

After years, an elite group of NPC's figure out how to reforge/change properties (stats) of gear.

While everyone, including NPC's, are doing the current tier gear they figure out how to reverse engineer and make rare gear with the same stats, then sell it for a type of currency to focus on a more devastating opponent. It makes sense that it'd take months to reverse engineer each piece after the first piece drops.

Someone had to make the gear to begin with... bosses don't poop it out. The concept of making gear exists.

It's just adds some logic and neatness, even tho there's no difference .

markot

Banned
Xabora said:
Thrall is on the Horde ship.
Guess who would be mad if they found out Thrall was kidnapped... again!

Jaina?

Um.

If you mean the horde, then... they are at war with them... and liek... that is the point of war?

Warrior T11 almost makes me want to roll one. After seeing that set, I'm sad that my warlock set is incredibly inferior. Even the druids have that awesome feather effect. Warlocks get a little bit of shadow around the shoulders and some wacky ass helm.

I'm starting to think T4, 5, and 6 were the golden age for warlock sets. (start at 1:05 for T4 and up)

T4 - Helm with a mask of shadow, floating spikes, lightning, and a freakin' swirling void.

T5 - Spikes, impaled skulls, chains, glowing red symbols, awesome.

T6 - WINGS! (they don't show in the vid though) And a skull helm with giant demonic horns. Granted, we still get wings with our metamorphosis ability, but our armor sets haven't had anything like that since.

Warlocks are supposed to invoke fear into their opponents. Hell, even T8 did a pretty good job of that by making us look like Grand Apothecary Putress.

Oh well, only thing I can do is wait to see what they come up with for the other tiers.

Hixx

funkmastergeneral said:
I wonder what the chances of blizzard commenting on this are? I'd like some confirmation.

3 weeks till Blizzcon, got to imagine they want a big announcement for that unless they have a one for D3 :)lol :lol :lol :lol )

HixxSAFC said:
3 weeks till Blizzcon, got to imagine they want a big announcement for that unless they have a one for D3 :)lol :lol :lol :lol )

That would be the most underwhelming "big announcement" ever.

And it's too bad Blizzard has to keep so much information from people just so they can sell tickets to some nerd convention.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm still waiting for the damn sexy CGI intro of Cataclysm.

Why do we have to wait for Blizzcon for that? Whyyyy?

J-Rzez

Xabora said:
Thrall is on the Horde ship.
Guess who would be mad if they found out Thrall was kidnapped... again!

Your posts have been far too cryptic lately. Perhaps we can get a Recount posting to help us understand? :D

Glad to see they went back to the original new raiding system btw. This and rated bg's with the new "pvp gear rating" system have been the best changes to WoW in a long time.

funkmastergeneral said:
That would be the most underwhelming "big announcement" ever.

And it's too bad Blizzard has to keep so much information from people just so they can sell tickets to some nerd convention.

Wizards! You don't like Wizards!?

SquirrelNuckle said:
Waiting 7 days for the Green Proto Drake egg to hatch sucks.

My wife got the drake on the 2nd try :(

She opened the egg right after server maintenance, I been meaning to try that urban legend out.

Good things seem to happen right after server restarts or at few times with few people on (ie. middle of the night).

jersoc

KernelPanic said:

She opened the egg right after server maintenance, I been meaning to try that urban legend out.

Good things seem to happen right after server restarts or at few times with few people on (ie. middle of the night).

drake first egg here :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I also got the green proto on my first egg.... on an alt im not playing anymore. :(

And i wasted months trying to get it for my main before giving up.

Fuck you random loot system!

Well at least i can comfort myself in saying i got 2 blue proto drakes for 2 alts im still playing. :D

Flib

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

My roommate just got a beta invite, with no interest in using it.

KernelPanic said:

I feel your pain. I tried for well over a year and just recently got it. Boy was I not expecting that :lol

Post is up on mmo champ about the changes to raid lockouts and such, seems overly complicated, im struggling to think of why someone would want to run 25 man anymore and abit annoyed that I can only go to one rid area once a week where as right now I can go to ICC twice, VoA twice etc thus increasing my gear chances and more importantly my "fun" time as bar raiding there is fuck all to do in WoW atm and even that's obsolete but when cata comes it will still be raid/grind rep/pvp and they've cut raiding in half.

Also I suppose its because you will get the guild "best" in one 10man group and "the rest" to scrape together the other. Oh well not much to do about it now!

Rokam

They're going to have to pump out content faster than they did in Wrath for this change to go over well. People will get fed up with being restricted to only 1 run through. Anyone know if the new raid Meta Achievements provide different rewards on 10/25 man?

Rokam said:
They're going to have to pump out content faster than they did in Wrath for this change to go over well. People will get fed up with being restricted to only 1 run through. Anyone know if the new raid Meta Achievements provide different rewards on 10/25 man?

Or they can just make the content more challenging like Ulduar.

Sciz

Rokam said:
Achievements don't distinguish between 10 and 25 in Cata.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rokam said:
More like, they will learn to do something else on off nights. The concept of raiding current content 7 nights a week wasn't something realistic in previous iterations of the game.

Touchdown

Banned
WOOT!!!! Just been selected for Beta!!!!!! You guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if there is certain stuff you want me to check out. I'll be copying my lvl 80 bear tank over so ill report back with mostly bear info. YAAAAAY :D

Angry Grimace said:
More like, they will learn to do something else on off nights. The concept of raiding current content 7 nights a week wasn't something realistic in previous iterations of the game.
You don't HAVE to raid 7 nights a week but if you personally want to do that then who are they or anyone else to tell you otherwise. I don't expect to be able too either but I like the option, seems kind of ass backwards to limit people doesn't it?
Now if they have two raids which both offer the same ILvl loot but are diffrent encounters/diffrent stuff AND have the tol barad thing (VoA type) then I will shut up but I somehow doubt that.

Johnlenham said:
You don't HAVE to raid 7 nights a week but if you personally want to do that then who are they or anyone else to tell you otherwise. I don't expect to be able too either but I like the option, seems kind of ass backwards to limit people doesn't it?
Now if they have two raids which both offer the same ILvl loot but are diffrent encounters/diffrent stuff AND have the tol barad thing (VoA type) then I will shut up but I somehow doubt that.

It was never their intention for people to be running 10man and 25 man versions of the same raid every week. This solves that problem.

Angry Grimace

Johnlenham said:
According to that theory, they should just let you run any raid you want infinite times. It would be more "fun" that way (for you) but part of the fun is that it's not a solo game. It's a group game.

ampere

Johnlenham said:
When Cata hits there will be 3 new raids.

I love this new 10/25 merge thing, this means my guild (a solid 10 man guild) can theoretically keep up with the 25 man guilds. Before it was no contest, and I hated having to run the same instance in 25s every week just to get the badges and 277 pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom