• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Blizzard doesn't tend to advertise launches, they give interviews, and after launch start advertising. Mainly because they know they have a group that fanatically watches for the release.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
ZAM! says there's rumor that portals are going to be replaced my class trainers in Dalaran and Shattrath come Cataclysm. Mages will make bank now!

notworksafe

Darkmakaimura said:
ZAM! says there's rumor that portals are going to be replaced my class trainers in Dalaran and Shattrath come Cataclysm. Mages will make bank now!
That already happened at the same time the portals were removed. Not sure how it's going to make mages more bank as there's even less purpose to going back the old world while in Outland/Northrend now that trainers are there.

Darkmakaimura said:

As if getting bloodlust wasn't good enough for them.

yea, I'm bitter.

Alex

Sounds like the heroics in Cataclysm got retuned last patch. Bosses gained about +30% HP, general tuning changed to be more punishing to DPS and not solely on the backs of healers and tanks, as standard mob/boss damage went down a chunk but lots of avoidable attacks, aoes, etc are now lethal.

Reading that it's actually making it even harder overall, but in a less frustrating manner.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
I like the idea of raiding in blues for a while.
There's no functional difference at all between purples and blues. My wild guess is that Blizzard wants item quality to be more important than it has been since there was literally like 9 tiers of purple gear in Wrath, and you suck in the first of those and are god in the last. As long as those blues are better than your level 83 ones, it's the same concept as gear now.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
There's no functional difference at all between purples and blues. My wild guess is that Blizzard wants item quality to be more important than it has been since there was literally like 9 tiers of purple gear in Wrath, and you suck in the first of those and are god in the last. As long as those blues are better than your level 83 ones, it's the same concept as gear now.
That doesn't change that I like raiding in blues .... it's neat to see a select few in full purples.

You also can tell how much they've been raiding by purple slots full alone.

protodrake.jpg

Finally got it !!! (guild was nice enough to run most of Ulduar for 3 of us that only had 1 Light Achievement) :D

FML..

after 5 years of playing this game... I finally got my shit hacked. What the flying fuck? I haven't even played the game in almost 6 months. I checked my armory and that piece of shit thief sold all of my purples. I personally dont care... because I was busy playing starcraft II. I have no idea how I got hacked.. I don't even go on phising sites. GAF/Facebook/College website. That's all

/Sigh

So just call them tomorrow right? best thing to do?

McNei1y

SuperAndroid17 said:
FML..

after 5 years of playing this game... I finally got my shit hacked. What the flying fuck? I haven't even played the game in almost 6 months. I checked my armory and that piece of shit thief sold all of my purples. I personally dont care... because I was busy playing starcraft II. I have no idea how I got hacked.. I don't even go on phising sites. GAF/Facebook/College website. That's all

/Sigh

I had the same thing happen to me, not exact, but similar. I was off for about 4 months. Next time I log on my 80 is deleted and all of my alts are naked. I called in to Blizzard the next day and finally got through after a 20-30 minute phone call wait. They asked me for my info and I had to send them stuff.

After confirming it was me, they got my 80 back and gave me a choice. I could wait longer to try and get my gear back, or they could give me like 1k gold and 50 marks of triumph and 20 frost marks. I accepted the latter. After beefing up my 80, I asked for more money since my alts had good gear too. They gave me a bit more.

I did all of this around last winter.

Lucky for me I got the hilt from FOS and sold it for about 10k :lol

SuperAndroid17 said:
FML..

/Sigh

Same with me man. I don't know how it happen, but I found out by checking my battle.net account online while playing Starcraft II. They had activated the account at week before I found out and did not change the password or anything. So I logged on and changed everything and got an authenticator too. For the last 2 weeks I have been playing on their dime. You should just contact customer support. I sent an in game ticket in to handle my problem. Took them a day or two to answer it, but they fix everything. Even got my money back. This all happen at the beginning of this month.

mclem

Angry Grimace said:

Actually, the stat budget calculation is different between blue and purple. An equivalent purple item of the same iLvl will have significantly more stats on it than a given blue.

Unless they've scrapped that.

Dr. Pangloss said:
Same with me man. I don't know how it happen, but I found out by checking my battle.net account online while playing Starcraft II. They had activated the account at week before I found out and did not change the password or anything. So I logged on and changed everything and got an authenticator too. For the last 2 weeks I have been playing on their dime. You should just contact customer support. I sent an in game ticket in to handle my problem. Took them a day or two to answer it, but they fix everything. Even got my money back. This all happen at the beginning of this month.

The email I tried logging in doesn't even work :lol , I tried to recover my password through my RL name and still no budge. How the fuck Did they get my shit?! Oh well ... sigh I dont want the hassle of faxing stuff UGHHHH.

Whatever.. hopefully I can prove everything through the phone tho.

notworksafe

SuperAndroid17 said:
FML..

/Sigh

Yep, call them tomorrow. Get an authenticator if you can. They are free for iDevice/Android and $1 for many other phones.

It could have a been a bad Flash ad that got you. There is some Flash exploit out there, I believe one for Acrobat as well. I'd try running a virus/spyware scan while WoW is open, don't have to be logged in.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
Yep, call them tomorrow. Get an authenticator if you can. They are free for iDevice/Android and $1 for many other phones.

It could have a been a bad Flash ad that got you. There is some Flash exploit out there, I believe one for Acrobat as well. I'd try running a virus/spyware scan while WoW is open, don't have to be logged in.
how do they get you?

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
how do they get you?
With the Flash/Acrobat thing, there's a security hole in those programs (if not updated to the newest version) that allows opening a bad PDF or viewing a bad Flash object to put code on your machine. In the case of the WoW hackers, they put a keylogger on there.

Evlar

Banned
DeathNote said:
how do they get you?
Flash vulnerability allowing unauthorized code to run, installing a key logger. That's what caused that big rash of compromised accounts earlier this year, at least.

notworksafe said:

hmmm that could be it.. I do open alot PDF files for school or what not. Damn loopholes...im always to lazy to update things. Sigh.. I just want to play SCII :lol

so much for that tho..

Thanks bud

SuperAndroid17 said:
The email I tried logging in doesn't even work :lol , I tried to recover my password through my RL name and still no budge. How the fuck Did they get my shit?! Oh well ... sigh I dont want the hassle of faxing stuff UGHHHH.

Whatever.. hopefully I can prove everything through the phone tho.

That's weird. I always thought the reason they did not change my ID or password was because I would have found out logging into Starcraft, since everything now is tied into the account. Yeah I log on and find my shaman logged out in unrepaired gear in Sol Basin, on his healing spec and gear, and with 2000 herbs in the bank. The GM did not let me keep it. Another thing that threw me was that the farmer had reacquired a hearthstone that I ditched way back when I was level 30. Why does an astral recall glyph shaman need a hearthstone? It's like they don't know how to play the game.

Sciz

Dr. Pangloss said:
Why does an astral recall glyph shaman need a hearthstone? It's like they don't know how to play the game.
Hey, I've had times when I've burned Astral Recall, my hearthstone, and my Kirin Tor ring in succession before 7.5 minutes is up. :lol

Loxley

Yeah, anytime Blizzard has a beta for one of the expansions and I don't get an invite, I get a pissy, "I've been playing this game for five and a half years and have never gotten invited to a beta, I think I should be on the top of the list by now motherfuckers" attitude.

But really, after that eventually goes away, part of me is glad that I didn't get into the beta because everything in the expansion is new to me when it launches, and I'm not experiencing it or any of the new zones in an unfinished, buggy state (more or less). So, there are positives and negatives about not getting into the beta for me.

Rapstah

Why haven't I been told of the Honor you get for healing a good WG defense?! I got like 23 000 for that last one. Okay, we won, which doesn't happen a lot, but that's like ten battlegrounds.

McNei1y

Loxley said:
Yeah, anytime Blizzard has a beta for one of the expansions and I don't get an invite, I get a pissy, "I've been playing this game for five and a half years and have never gotten invited to a beta, I think I should be on the top of the list by now motherfuckers" attitude.

But really, after that eventually goes away, part of me is glad that I didn't get into the beta because everything in the expansion is new to me when it launches, and I'm not experiencing it or any of the new zones in an unfinished, buggy state (more or less). So, there are positives and negatives about not getting into the beta for me.

:lol

I've been playing the same length and I was one of the first with the BC beta. It was pretty awesome. I didn't play it much though since I wanted it to be new. I did play all of hellfire though. I couldn't wait.

Wrath I got an invite when they sent out mass invites like a month before its release. I'm sure Cata will have the same soon.

Evlar

Banned
Rapstah said:
Why haven't I been told of the Honor you get for healing a good WG defense?! I got like 23 000 for that last one. Okay, we won, which doesn't happen a lot, but that's like ten battlegrounds.
I expect that includes the honor from completing the four WG quests, which you'll only be able to acquire once a week. It's certainly worth the time.

Rapstah

Evlar said:
I expect that includes the honor from completing the four WG quests, which you'll only be able to acquire once a week. It's certainly worth the time.
Yeah, two of them now that I think about it. 23 000 felt like a lot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
diDn6.png

Confirmed. Every boss in heroics will give 75 JP when killed.

Based on this screenshot:

Slned.png

A chest (which will most likely be worth most JP out of all the items) will take approximately 29 boss kills which is around 7 heroic runs.

So basically, if you can buy around 7 pieces of gear, it will take you around 49 heroic runs. Not too bad if you ask me.

VAIL

Yoshichan said:
diDn6.png

Slned.png

A chest (which will most likely be worth most JP out of all the items) will take approximately 29 boss kills which is around 7 heroic runs.

So basically, if you can buy around 7 pieces of gear, it will take you around 49 heroic runs. Not too bad if you ask me.

Is it sad I automatically hovered my mouse over those expecting the stats to come up?!!?

Yoshichan said:
diDn6.png

Slned.png

Sweet. So, me being a tank, this will take me approximately 4 days.

Cannot wait to learn the Heroics with everyone else. Coming back after a year, I feel so left behind as far as strats. Hell as a healer I'm usually running behind some hyper tank in a PUG trying to keep my HoTs up before he grabs a new group of mobs.

Slow the fuck down! :lol

Good thing I don't have mana issues.

krypt0nian said:
Cannot wait to learn the Heroics with everyone else. Coming back after a year, I feel so left behind as far as strats. Hell as a healer I'm usually running behind some hyper tank in a PUG trying to keep my HoTs up before he grabs a new group of mobs.

Worst part about Heroics right is overgeared tanks going for speed runs just so we can finish a few minutes faster. I've seen wipes because the tank apparently thought one pixel of mana left for the healer is enough for him to pull an entire room. Is it really worth it ?

Lately I've even seen a few groups on Azjol quickly jump down to bypass the Hadronox boss event before it starts, again just to save a few minutes.

Can't wait for some challenging 5 mans again, even though they'll be nerfed in the 1st Cata patch once the whining starts on the forums.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
mclem said:
Actually, the stat budget calculation is different between blue and purple. An equivalent purple item of the same iLvl will have significantly more stats on it than a given blue.

Unless they've scrapped that.
No, I'm saying there IS a difference in the budgets, but the end result isn't different because there's probably the same number of tiers of gear as there was in Wrath. In the end, the gear from heroic dungeons/points is probably equally as good for you as gear from heroic dungeons/points in Wrath.

Yazus

Angry Grimace said:
No, I'm saying there IS a difference in the budgets, but the end result isn't different because there's probably the same number of tiers of gear as there was in Wrath. In the end, the gear from heroic dungeons/points is probably equally as good for you as gear from heroic dungeons/points in Wrath.

Normal modes give iLvl333 Items, Heroics give iLvl346 Items, the thing I dont know is that if there is a chance that a purle (maybe 350 averagely) epic can drop (low low droprate) like in TBC HCs

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
KernelPanic said:
Can't wait for some challenging 5 mans again, even though they'll be nerfed in the 1st Cata patch once the whining starts on the forums.
5 mans have always been the best. I wish they would just stick with 5man, 10 is okay too. But the 20+ have always been shit.

ampere

shintoki said:
5 mans have always been the best. I wish they would just stick with 5man, 10 is okay too. But the 20+ have always been shit.
With a good group, 25s are incredibly epic and the scale can be amazing.

With a good group

Pugging 25s almost always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, the 10/25 gear equality solved the problem of forcing people to run 25s for better gear, no reason to remove them.

However, I barely played the game at all pre-BC so I have no idea what a 40 man raid is like. From what my GM says, they were great (minus farming resist gear/buffs) when organized well.

shintoki said:

I think I'd have quit a long time if they didn't have 10 mans. My guild is a 10man guild so it works for us. I sometimes wish they'd have 15man as I think that'd be perfect.

25mans feels like a zerg, much like 40 did. Mind you I've only done pugs for them. If Blizzard (in their infinite wisdom) didn't make 25mans drop better loot I wouldn't have done any at all. Glad that's being fixed in Cata.

5 mans of course are always for a quick 30min'ish run.

It'll be interesting to see what happens as the WoW userbase at large has been used to easy 5 mans and largely free epic loot. If Blizzard is going to make heroics hard, needing CC, watching mana and DPS aggro I predict a lot of wipes and angry posts.

I also think Blizzard should introduce a new item color (between purple and orange). What's the point of having different colors when everything is quickly purple at max level ?

KernelPanic said:

It has already started heh, Throne of Tides was definitely nerfed.On the other hand I did Blackrock Caverns again last night and it's still a nice challenge. It was late and I was just pulling packs without CC, but the healer kept up with some close calls here or there. I can imagine you won't be able to do that in heroic mode (initially), and I can't wait.

Almost lv83 and haven't seen a single decent tank drop lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom