• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ciaossu said:
When Cata hits there will be 3 new raids.

I love this new 10/25 merge thing, this means my guild (a solid 10 man guild) can theoretically keep up with the 25 man guilds. Before it was no contest, and I hated having to run the same instance in 25s every week just to get the badges and 277 pieces.
The "idea" is that there will be more raids in general since the boss "limit" is 5 or 6, rather than these hulking monstrosities in Wrath.

Here's my stupid dilemma:

I'll be migrating to other server(and faction changing) due to guild there and my name is taken.
I tried a lot of good ones but all are taken so it would be best to just stick with mine with a little addon I guess.

So, what can I do with Nolimit? Nolimitx, Xnolimit, Nolimitt, Nolimitss, special characters are annoying and I'd rather avoid them.

This has been really bugging me and I can't decide what to do... Any thoughts?

Or I can just think of most random "cool sounding" name that isn't taken but I'd rather stick with mine if possible.

P.S. No character on that server with my name on armory so probably hasn't been logged on in a long time...

Nolimit_SS said:

I'll be migrating to other server(and faction changing) due to guild there and my name is taken.
I tried a lot of good ones but all are taken so it would be best to just stick with mine with a little addon I guess.

So, what can I do with Nolimit? Nolimitx, Xnolimit, Nolimitt, Nolimitss, special characters are annoying and I'd rather avoid them.

Or I can just think of most random "cool sounding" name that isn't taken but I'd rather stick with mine if possible.

P.S. No character on that server with my name on armory so probably hasn't been logged on in a long time...

Limitless?

^ taken.
Thing is I'd rather keep my own in some variation because people will find me easier plus I've been using it for ages now. I had old friend from WoW find me in Aion just because it was familiar. Not like it's a rare name but still.
But if I go for a new one I don't want something that sounds stupid or can't be pronounced on voice chat.

The real question is then what can I add to Nolimit so I can use it and that it doesn't sound stupid. If nothing I'll just use some cool latin word :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
In the 10-19 pvp bracket warrior's gain 'Strike' and 'Execute' but lose Battle Shout, Hamstring, Bloodrage, Shield Bash, Overpower, Demoralizing Shout, Revenge, Disarm?

notworksafe

Nolimit_SS said:
^ taken.
Thing is I'd rather keep my own in some variation because people will find me easier plus I've been using it for ages now. I had old friend from WoW find me in Aion just because it was familiar. Not like it's a rare name but still.
But if I go for a new one I don't want something that sounds stupid or can't be pronounced on voice chat.

The real question is then what can I add to Nolimit so I can use it and that it doesn't sound stupid. If nothing I'll just use some cool latin word :p
I recommend going as preposterous as possible with you names. My characters like Aurayouready, Lockandlol, and Shanknfurter tend to stand out. :D

I recommend going with MasterP. That's No Limit related, right? :lol

thatbox

Banned
Xabora said:
Actually, you can.
I'm just repeating what Blizzard has been saying since the beta started. They may be wrong, as they often are, but according to them you can only get into beta with an active account.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sciz said:
Must complete Peacebloom vs. Zombies Ghouls ASAP: It's...adorable.
Silverpine and Hillsbrad are probably the best old world zones redone. I highly recommend anyone going Horde chooses them for their leveling path.

ciaossu said:
When Cata hits there will be 3 new raids.

I love this new 10/25 merge thing, this means my guild (a solid 10 man guild) can theoretically keep up with the 25 man guilds. Before it was no contest, and I hated having to run the same instance in 25s every week just to get the badges and 277 pieces.

Yeah but you didn't HAVE too :lol Why do you need 25man gear to run 10 man raids? answer is you don't but people like to be OP and make content easier for themselves.

3 Raids does make it better though.

Nolimit_SS said:

Ask a GM if they'll give you the name. They've been known to let people have used names from characters under level 10 before.

Rambaldi

funkmastergeneral said:
Ask a GM if they'll give you the name. They've been known to let people have used names from characters under level 10 before.

This.

I petitioned for a name 2 weeks ago and a very nice GM gave it to me. :)

I have a question for you guys about wireless adapters since I'll be reupping once 4.03 hits. I bought a wireless-N Netgear adapter for my computer about 4 months ago, and I suffer from horrible lag whenever playing WoW. I know this isn't a network issue since I've had it happen in 3 different locations. Any suggestions on a good USB wireless adapter to pick up? I would just run ethernet cable to the router but my landlord would have no part of that.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'd say just buckle up and swallow it due to having a consistant latency reading of 400-500ms because Blizzard are so slack about Australian-based servers, but I will avoid that issue for today.

Why does blizzard have such a hard time making decent look armor these days? It's been so awful. And so many of the armor color schemes are attrocious. What the heck are rogues supposed to be wearing? Druids look like they got something out of a marvel comic book. Locks look like mages in tier 10, which i never liked (not a big fan of tv antennas for a helm). But even just the colors are so yuck.

Blizzard seems to favor the wacky-smog-colored-tripped-on-acid-i-sneezed-out-some-snot-and-added-black-ink-with-glow-effect-and-glowing-eyes disfunctional look for much of their armor sets anymore. It's depressing. I stopped hoping for good looking gear a long ago, but is it really too much to hope for traditional looking armor every so often? I appreciate the option to not show your helm, but sometimes it would be nice to turn it on.

The best armor set to come out in a long time is probably the paladin tier 10. It looks like something that you'd expect a plate-wearer to be wearing. For casters, I don't think anything beats a traditinal looking robe with a good color scheme such as the lock t1 and t2 robes. Those were classy and eye catching. No fluff needed. Locks probably have the least reason to complain, though. They've had the most consistently good looking gear throughout wow's existence. Rogues too for that matter.

I guess I just want something normal for a change. Why does everything have to look like it's covered in leaked car oil?

Calantus

Nolimit_SS said:
^ taken.

Notlimit
NooLimit

ok i'm out

J-Rzez

Deputy Moonman said:
Why does blizzard have such a hard time making decent look armor these days? It's been so awful. And so many of the armor color schemes are attrocious. What the heck are rogues supposed to be wearing? Druids look like they got something out of a marvel comic book. Locks look like mages in tier 10, which i never liked (not a big fan of tv antennas for a helm). But even just the colors are so yuck.

Blizzard seems to favor the wacky-smog-colored-tripped-on-acid-i-sneezed-out-some-snot-and-added-black-ink-with-glow-effect-and-glowing-eyes disfunctional look for much of their armor sets anymore. It's depressing. I stopped hoping for good looking gear a long ago, but is it really too much to hope for traditional looking armor every so often? I appreciate the option to not show your helm, but sometimes it would be nice to turn it on.

The best armor set to come out in a long time is probably the paladin tier 10. It looks like something that you'd expect a plate-wearer to be wearing. For casters, I don't think anything beats a traditinal looking robe with a good color scheme such as the lock t1 and t2 robes. Those were classy and eye catching. No fluff needed. Locks probably have the least reason to complain, though. They've had the most consistently good looking gear throughout wow's existence. Rogues too for that matter.

I guess I just want something normal for a change. Why does everything have to look like it's covered in leaked car oil?

Usually, "usually" Rogues/Locks/Shaman have great looking tier sets. If others tier sets look weak, you can usually fall back at least on one of those three to have a cool looking set. Deathknights are relatively new, but so far counting the four tier sets along with I'll include their starting Blue set, are batting over .500 as well.

My favorite sets from this xpac have to be:

T8 Rogue, Lock, Shaman, Death Knight
T10 Shaman, Rogue, Lock
Wrathful Lock, DK, Paladin

Only the T8 Rogue and Lock sets to me, can be put in the same mention as TBC's best Tier sets though.

But so far from what we've seen from T11, it's not looking good, with the Rogue and Lock sets looking like hot garbage. The War and Druid sets are "par-for-the-course-for-not-being-Lock-Rogue-or-Shaman" tier. Nothing to get excited over. But to see the Lock and Rogue sets were a real kick in the balls. How said art was approved is beyond me, and doesn't instill much hope for me, though we've yet to see the DK and Shaman sets.

Maybe the current Arena/BG gear will look cool though. But if it follows Wrath's trends, where they purposely make it look like shit for a season or two, then we'll have a long wait.

Alex

I liked most of the armor up through tier 6. Always, enjoyed Priest and Warrior armor around then, especially. Priest tier 6 is by far my favorite armor in the game

After tier 6 a lot of it went to pot, for me. I remember being happy that the early themeing of Wrath looked very nordic and rustic with earthy colors. That sure didn't last long.

To be fair, a lot of the new armor isn't terrible, well some of this tier 11 is, but it's so much more normal-esque and boring looking. It looks like off set stuff, not a class set. They need to lay off the color bombs, goofy helms and work within their themeing a bit better

Rapstah

T10 Priest isn't too bad. Looks decent on my dwarf, or at least it would if I could ever get it out of the preview box.

Can anyone actually log in at the moment? I can't connect to neither the beta nor live.

Alex

Tier 10 Priest isnt awful its just bland from what I've seen of it. Subdued look + flashy colors is a bad combo, IMO.

notworksafe said:
I recommend going as preposterous as possible with you names. My characters like Aurayouready, Lockandlol, and Shanknfurter tend to stand out. :D

I recommend going with MasterP. That's No Limit related, right? :lol
Nah, I prefer something more fantasy like and cool :p
funkmastergeneral said:

Rambaldi said:
This.

I petitioned for a name 2 weeks ago and a very nice GM gave it to me. :)
Will try that and hopefully it works.
If not fuck it, Nõlimit. (alt+0245)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God I hate casual guilds soooooo much. Too bad Thrall server (shitty server btw, don't ever consider server transferring here) has nothing but casuals.

Guild run, starts @ Sindy. Three attempts and we down her. Off to the LK, two attempts, two wipes. We call it for tonight. After 1 ½ hour of raiding.

I'm server changing ASAP, any recommendations?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yoshichan said:
God I hate casual guilds soooooo much. Too bad Thrall server (shitty server btw, don't ever consider server transferring here) has nothing but casuals.

Guild run, starts @ Sindy. Three attempts and we down her. Off to the LK, two attempts, two wipes. We call it for tonight. After 1 ½ hour of raiding.

I'm server changing ASAP, any recommendations?

I bet you broke your keyboard after that.

J-Rzez

Tamanon said:
Big scheduled maintenance for all realms on the 5th. I think it's 4.0.1 time.

I didn't notice it, is it at log in or posted somewhere? If there is a "significant maintenance" like they put it sometimes, then you can expect the patch to go live.

I'm not even going to check for a beta invite. If I got it this late in the game, I'd be pissed as it'd be more of a slap in the face than anything. :lol

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
I didn't notice it, is it at log in or posted somewhere? If there is a "significant maintenance" like they put it sometimes, then you can expect the patch to go live.
Doesn't the arena season end on the 12th? I don't think they'd put up the patch with one week left in the arena season. People would be livid.

Swag

davepoobond said:
you know they do that to find out your email address, right? then they try to hack it.

Accounts frozen and owes like 30 bucks to Blizz, they'd be doing me a favor if they hacked it. I was wondering how she found my details though, never bought gold in my life.

Swag

markot said:
How can you owe them money >.<?

I charged a Race change to my credit card, didn't go through for some reason. Cancelled the card a little later on, Blizz said payment didn't go through and froze the account.

Didn't bother me because it was my alt account.

DeathNote said:
is skype better than vent these days. assuming you can use it.

Me and my friends use it when we want to fuck with people on our server, but not give them our vent details.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
idk...my email account was hacked by those assholes and i never told anyone it. how they figured out what email i had attached to the account, perplexes me.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Doesn't the arena season end on the 12th? I don't think they'd put up the patch with one week left in the arena season. People would be livid.

Well GC said that it didn't matter as he thinks "it wouldn't change the ladders if they launched it one week early" and that they had "damage nerfs ready for Arena and PVP if need be". So i think that it's not out of the question. I don't agree with it, as it will change some standings, but from what I understand many of the high rated Arena teams have just "frozen" their standings, meaning they haven't played in weeks/months as is.

Milpool

davepoobond said:
idk...my email account was hacked by those assholes and i never told anyone it. how they figured out what email i had attached to the account, perplexes me.

Have you ever registered on any WoW related forum at all using the same email address you used for your battle.net account? I registered on a few forums last month and 2 weeks later my gmail account had been accessed from Germany and was being used to phish for WoW details. I suspected that might happen so didn't use my battle.net email.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Theorycrafting is weird to me.

Cat DPS DK guide is on elitist jerks right now. The start priority is "Hit to cap > Strength > Haste > Crit > Mastery > Expertise to cap > Agility"

With this new Mastery system, did they really design it for Haste and Crit to be better?

Also, do the people working on the class at blizzard come up with a rotation like
"Diseases > Dark Transformation > SS if both Unholy runes are up > FeS if both pairs of Blood and Frost runes are up > DC if SD, 100 RP, will overcap RP with anything else or if RC isn’t up > SS > FeS > DC > HoW."
themselves?

How would someone that doesn't read theory crafting websites even begin to come up with this rotation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom