• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIRic

It's weird I downloaded what was needed for the beta invite of cataclysm, but it always says : Connection timeout when I want to play and close the launcher. :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
DeathNote said:
Theorycrafting is weird to me.

Cat DPS DK guide is on elitist jerks right now. The start priority is "Hit to cap > Strength > Haste > Crit > Mastery > Expertise to cap > Agility"

With this new Mastery system, did they really design it for Haste and Crit to be better?

Also, do the people working on the class at blizzard come up with a rotation like
"Diseases > Dark Transformation > SS if both Unholy runes are up > FeS if both pairs of Blood and Frost runes are up > DC if SD, 100 RP, will overcap RP with anything else or if RC isn’t up > SS > FeS > DC > HoW."
themselves?

How would someone that doesn't read theory crafting websites even begin to come up with this rotation?
Actually... here's something Ghostcrawler said...

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26560850352/simple-dk-questions-and-concerns

"DKs being GCD locked -- The equivalent would be a level 85 DK who decides to eschew all mastery on gear and stack haste to a ridiculous degree. Sure it might GCD lock you, but it's such a dps loss, why would you ever do that?"

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26859119693&sid=1&pageNo=2
"Now, if you’re one of those players who just hates gaps, then go ahead and stack a bunch of haste. You’ll have to go out of your way to do that though, and sacrifice some other stats to get there. For the DK that balances gear out, you shouldn’t be GCD locked for long periods of time."

The elitstjerks post is promoting being GCD locked.

It's like on one hand wow relies on theorycrafting, and on the other they are disagreeing on what they are coming up with.

Theorycrafting, like all things in life, should be taken in moderation. There comes a point where you need to just stop listening to the numbers people and do what sounds fun to you.

And yes, the people at Blizzard do come up with this stuff. They have very smart people on their staff, many of them recruited from the community that comes up with the theorycrafting craziness in the first place.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Nothing more awesome than jumping on a healing alt and doing a random dungeon, finding out that everyone in there has wiped previously and they don't really know what to do, and consequently helping them go through it. Such innocence!

A shame that the majority of WoW players are too full of themselves to remember that they were once beginners to the game once before.

speedpop said:
Nothing more awesome than jumping on a healing alt and doing a random dungeon, finding out that everyone in there has wiped previously and they don't really know what to do, and consequently helping them go through it. Such innocence!

A shame that the majority of WoW players are too full of themselves to remember that they were once beginners to the game once before.

Totally agree. I was running regular difficulty dungeons a few weeks back and it seems they are populated with players that don't know the content yet. It was fun to guide them through some tough situations.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Actually... here's something Ghostcrawler said...

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26560850352/simple-dk-questions-and-concerns

"DKs being GCD locked -- The equivalent would be a level 85 DK who decides to eschew all mastery on gear and stack haste to a ridiculous degree. Sure it might GCD lock you, but it's such a dps loss, why would you ever do that?"

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26859119693&sid=1&pageNo=2
"Now, if you’re one of those players who just hates gaps, then go ahead and stack a bunch of haste. You’ll have to go out of your way to do that though, and sacrifice some other stats to get there. For the DK that balances gear out, you shouldn’t be GCD locked for long periods of time."

The elitstjerks post is promoting being GCD locked.

It's like on one hand wow relies on theorycrafting, and on the other they are disagreeing on what they are coming up with.
Whatever EJ thinks, Blizzard is going to win because if Blizzard doesn't like the way EJ thinks you should play, they change the class to play the way Blizzard wants it to play.

vilmer_

krypt0nian said:
Totally agree. I was running regular difficulty dungeons a few weeks back and it seems they are populated with players that don't know the content yet. It was fun to guide them through some tough situations.

Amen! Just today, I was running my Lock through Pit of Saron for the daily frosts and the tank was a Paladin, with not much experience at all... No righteous fury, seal of wisdom, etc. We died on the first couple trash mobs, and myself and the other two dps simply gave him some pointers, and didn't rage quit like a few others did. He was also apologetic, and was willing to learn from others guidance. It was extremely pleasant and rewarding for him to figure out where the problems were lying, and to act on them and succeed in completing the heroic <3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So with the flexible system, I can do Marrow to Dreamwalker in one raid... leave, then join LK in a completely new raid?

Alex

There's a really neat tanking post with about a zillion GC replies today. I really don't envy GC, I mean reading all these Paladin posts... these are some of the laziest, stupidest people, the official boards are really bad. Throwing hissy fits, making him respond over and over again over the silliest things that he's already stated nine times.

Also, what is with this constant tank and healing bickering over "WELL WHAT IF I GROUP WITH BADS? THEY'LL ACCUSE ME AND MESS EVERYTHING UP!" in Cataclysm?

It's simple; stop pugging with the scum of the Earth. Seriously what a bullshit argument.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
There's a really neat tanking post with about a zillion GC replies today. I really don't envy GC, I mean reading all these Paladin posts... these are the laziest, stupidest fucking people, the official boards are really bad. Throwing hissy fits, making him respond over and over again over the silliest things that he's already stated nine times.

I like how they don't shut up about how hard it apparently is to pull back like Warriors now instead of AOE dumping right off the bat. Good lord.

And what is with this constant tank and healing bickering over "WELL WHAT IF I GROUP WITH BADS? THEY'LL ACCUSE ME AND MESS EVERYTHING UP!" in Cataclysm?

It's simple; fuck you and stop pugging with the scum of the Earth. Seriously what a bullshit argument.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27026395866&sid=1&pageNo=1 ?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Blizzard is listening to the wrong people. Does anyone really think CC and focus firing marked targets was ever fun at all?

I really think it was just something people dealt with because you lacked the physical (digital?) capacity to fuck shit up like you really wanted to on your way to doing the fun parts; the bosses.

Part of the problem here is that essentially everyone I know is bailing on tanking or the idea of even trying to tank in Cataclysm because they're worried it's going to be hard. I don't think tanking conceptually should be inherently harder than DPS or healing because you flat out kill the entire raid if you fuck up for 10 seconds.

LowParry

Angry Grimace said:
Part of the problem here is that essentially everyone I know is bailing on tanking or the idea of even trying to tank in Cataclysm because they're worried it's going to be hard. I don't think tanking conceptually should be inherently harder than DPS or healing because you flat out kill the entire raid if you fuck up for 10 seconds.

:lol

I have the same problem. More loot and priority to me! DK tanking is good.

Evlar

Banned
I've always thought CC was fun. The lack of it is the chief reason I refuse to DPS. The current game, with its focus on simple damage output over time, is as dull as watching a spreadsheet scroll. Duller.

Alex

I like CC too, no more aoeing stuff down I hope. The dungeons were more fun when they weren't just hallways to bosses. Risky trash and little gimmicks are neat.

But I think anyone is listening to the wrong people period when the posts come from the official boards. These people are lazy and whiny. You even make them a concession anymore and they whine that it wasn't done an exact way.

"I need five dollars! Give me five dollars"

"Here, I have six fifty, take it"

"Well, now I have to carry change, fuck you man"

Flib

Having just tanked Lost City of Tol'vir and Vortex Pinnacle, I would say that tanking (as a Druid) is fun as hell, much more challenging than wrath but in a fair way. The dungeons so far have been wonderful. Been having about 3 wipes per dungeon, which seems what it should be, having never done them before. CC is definitely required but not excessively so, and many of the pulls are definitely interesting.

Sciz

Angry Grimace said:
Does anyone really think CC and focus firing marked targets was ever fun at all?
Having to think a bit and pay attention to pull composition and mechanics is preferable to BURN 'EM ALL, yes.

Duki

Banned
tbc had the best dungeons the first time you ran them

the 20th time, not so much

youre not doing anymore thinking once youve been there a million times, because you know all of it, it just becomes busy work on auto pilot

i thought blizzard realised this

No45

speedpop said:
Was in Mara with a group the other day of people that mostly knew what they were doing. We had a Hunter in there that was clearly new to the game (Note: Not doing anything wrong, just asking questions) and the fuckers kicked her from the group. Seriously, what was the point of that? We were face-rolling the instance anyway, and she's never going to learn if people don't give her the chance. :/

LowParry

No45 said:
Was in Mara with a group the other day of people that mostly knew what they were doing. We had a Hunter in there that was clearly new to the game (Note: Not doing anything wrong, just asking questions) and the fuckers kicked her from the group. Seriously, what was the point of that? We were face-rolling the instance anyway, and she's never going to learn if people don't give her the chance. :/

I've had a few instances like that with randoms at 80. We'll just be trucking along and some people with either point out or ask what is up with the low damage or healing? A gear and talent point check and pointers go out to help out that individual. There's also been a few cases with 10 man ICC runs where someone isn't pulling their weight. So they just get kicked and the person ends up giving a /tell to everyone about what is going on. So being the nice guy I am, tell them what's up and what they should probably be focusing on.

There's a time and place of things with raiding, but you know damn well you're under geared, don't try for high places just yet. Only thing that irked me the most was how dps was able to get in easy with high end raid content when they shouldn't even be there. As a tank or healer? If you're not to a certain area of gear score, you're fucked. It took me longer that I planned to get my DK with tanking gear.

Acidote

I've been insulted by a lock when I told him to reset his talents after the instance and search a proper build so he could make better numbers. That won't happen again.

LowParry

Acidote said:
I've been insulted by a lock when I told him to reset his talents after the instance and search a proper build so he could make better numbers. That won't happen again.

That shit is golden in raid chat. :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
sw_deathwing_01.jpg

Such amazing upgrade in quality.

markot said:
SW is really nice now, lighting is great too. Just wish IF and such were getting even 10% of the attention >.<

Until recently you could fly inside IF on the beta... can't anymore, guess Blizz really doesn't want people there =P

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sax Russel said:
Until recently you could fly inside IF on the beta... can't anymore, guess Blizz really doesn't want people there =P

Can you even fly in the other cities? I thought they were just gonna do the same thing they did with Dalaran.

ToddG15

Tamanon said:
Big scheduled maintenance for all realms on the 5th. I think it's 4.0.1 time.
I resubbed over the weekend to casually farm emblems for the justice points conversion for Cata. If 4.0.1 goes live tomorrow, am I screwed or does the conversion not actually take place until the release of Cata? I'm at work so I can't check but I thought I read 4.0.1 was suppose to bring the conversion?

Aesthet1c

ToddG15 said:
I resubbed over the weekend to casually farm emblems for the justice points conversion for Cata. If 4.0.1 goes live tomorrow, am I screwed or does the conversion not actually take place until the release of Cata? I'm at work so I can't check but I thought I read 4.0.1 was suppose to bring the conversion?

My understanding is the 4.0.1 patch will convert any emblems you have to justice points. You wont be screwed though, because I'm sure anything that previously gave emblems in the current content, will just give justice points from now on.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ToddG15 said:

There is little chance the patch is going to be tomorrow according to mmochampion. Most likely next week.

Anyway, you can still farm justice points in the current heroics after the conversion. It's not like once 4.0.1 is live, you won't get anything from 5 mans anymore.

Interfectum

Bisnic said:
There is little chance the patch is going to be tomorrow according to mmochampion. Most likely next week.

His logic is due to the small patch released recently but that patch barely did anything. There's still a good chance it'll be tomorrow... im going 50/50.

Flib

You can mount and fly in Orgrimmar and Stormwind at least on the beta. Stormwind looks really nice, but the redesign of Orgrimmar is unbelievable. Easily the best city in the game now, and finally sensible to get around.

Aesthet1c

Interfectum said:
His logic is due to the small patch released recently but that patch barely did anything. There's still a good chance it'll be tomorrow... im going 50/50.

As badly as I want 4.0.1 to hit tomorrow, I don't think it's going to. The arena season doesn't end until the 12th. There is no way they can release a game changing patch as big as this one before the arena season ends.

My guess is next Tuesday.

HildyB

Do the emblem/currency changes happen with the patch or expansion? I'm wondering because I just hit 80 last week and have been collecting my dungeon emblems for some vendor gear. Should I just wait?

Aesthet1c

HildyB said:
Do the emblem/currency changes happen with the patch or expansion? I'm wondering because I just hit 80 last week and have been collecting my dungeon emblems for some vendor gear. Should I just wait?

The patch. On the PTR right now, there is no emblems, its all justice points.

HildyB

A special Collector's Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $79.99..

Amazon count as retail? I hope so 'cause they gots my money for it!

Meier

The guild I am in really blows (well, the people are very nice but half the time I log on there are like 3-5 people on) and PUGs are hard to come by. Anyone out there looking for another guildmember (MM Hunter)? I'd only be interested in switching to another non-PVP server.. currently on Lothar. I'd love to kill the Lich King before Cata.

Very casual player who has lots of raid experience across this and EQ but who isn't interested in a very strict raid schedule. Let me know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom