• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

HildyB

I'm at so lost on gear now that I'm 80 with these emblem gear. I decided to go Holy spec paladin and am told I'm undergeared all the time. So I ventured to the vendors and wow... overload. What gear do I spend my emblems on? (only doing heroics, so I have like 20 Frost and 75 whatever else those are called.)

Rapstah

HildyB said:
I'm at so lost on gear now that I'm 80 with these emblem gear. I decided to go Holy spec paladin and am told I'm undergeared all the time. So I ventured to the vendors and wow... overload. What gear do I spend my emblems on? (only doing heroics, so I have like 20 Frost and 75 whatever else those are called.)
Go to the plate gear vendor instead at first, that's easier to look over. I'll look up what the vendor in question is called...

EDIT: Dubin Clay in the shop south of the Antonidas Memorial in Dalaran. There should be three sets (?) for Paladins so get a good piece of the Triumph emblem Holy set.

HildyB

Rapstah said:
Go to the plate gear vendor instead at first, that's easier to look over. I'll look up what the vendor in question is called...

EDIT: Dubin Clay in the shop south of the Antonidas Memorial in Dalaran. There should be three sets (?) for Paladins so get a good piece of the Triumph emblem Holy set.

My hero. Thank you.

CAW

Two days ago I decided I was going to select Engineering as one of my Rogue's professions. Mainly because I wanted to use the Deathblow X11 Goggles and for the other useful gadgets and devices for PvP.

Two freaking farming days later, I finished. What a pain in the butt!:lol

vrzoyc.jpg

2hrq437.jpg

yjozt.jpg

Next project: Mechano-hog! /faints.

Oh, and being able to use the AH in Dalaran rocks!

TheExodu5 said:
Engineering is the best profession ever. Don't forget: parachute cape, rocket boots, and haste gloves.
I've always wanted the parachute cape, but re-leveling professions is such a pain. Just gonna stick with what i've got. Also, I was always jealous of the engineers in TBC who could farm all the different motes like candy. Do a lot of people still do that in wrath?

McNei1y

Tamanon said:
There won't be an open beta for Cataclysm.

Will they send mass invites like they did last two betas?

I'm so blown its December. I thought I was only going to have to wait a month. Damn!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I plan to do engineering on whatever class I choose to level.

I can't decide on a class tho. I know I don't want a priest or DK cause I'm tired of them.

I want to base the decision on how much fun I'll have in pvp, but I can't guage what I'll like the most at 85.

McNei1y said:
Will they send mass invites like they did last two betas?

I'm so blown its December. I thought I was only going to have to wait a month. Damn!

Yeah its a real pain as in Jan when my guild plans to be raid ready Im off to India for 5 weeks :lol Allways seems to get to the content later than everyone else!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sciz said:
Having to think a bit and pay attention to pull composition and mechanics is preferable to BURN 'EM ALL, yes.
Except, you realize you have to run those dungeons 100+ times over the life of an expansion. It gets tiring having to CC stuff on the 57th Old Kingdom run.

Angry Grimace said:
Except, you realize you have to run those dungeons 100+ times over the life of an expansion. It gets tiring having to CC stuff on the 57th Old Kingdom run.

Exactly CC is only fun until you learn the dungeon. Then it goes back to sucking.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
krypt0nian said:
Exactly CC is only fun until you learn the dungeon. Then it goes back to sucking.
Well yeah, that's what I mean. People who complain about it tend to be old-schoolers who resent people plowing through stuff. But we'd rather plow through stuff because it has to last for so long.

Also, I have 5 level 80 toons. My Brewfest record:

Warrior: Kodo, Ram, just got a second, useless Kodo right now.
DK: Nothing
Mage: Nothing
Paladin: Nothing
Priest: Nothing

BLIZAAAAAAAAAAARD!

Angry Grimace said:
Well yeah, that's what I mean. People who complain about it tend to be old-schoolers who resent people plowing through stuff. But we'd rather plow through stuff because it has to last for so long.

Once we're overgeared then we'll plow through it.

Until then put some challenge in it, what's point of having CC spells in the game anyway ?

Pull a room (LOS pull around the corner if you're smart). Hold aggro on the group while everyone spams AoE.

Rinse. Repeat. Boring.

They can easily adjust other things to ensure the instances don't take too long.

Make them all Azjol-Nerub long if need be.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
question for people in the beta.

because you can now fly in azeroth, is it possible to fly from one continent to another?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Scrow said:
question for people in the beta.

because you can now fly in azeroth, is it possible to fly from one continent to another?
No, fatigue will get you.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
I knew you'd support me, man! I'm a bit salty over ICC having been out a day shy of a year when Cata drops but perhaps with the pre-Cata event and the new Vanilla world there will be stuff to do. I hope the guild achievements drop with 4.0.1.

Guild achievements would be a massive saving grace for me, as it'd give me and my guildies something to do until Cata launch. Unfortunately, it would make too much sense to do that, so I don't expect Blizzard to activate it until launch day.

The pre-cata event will probably be fun, the first or second time you do it. I want the real deal content. I haven't raided in months now, and it's eating at me.

Meier

For the record, I am a bit nervous about the Hunter changes as well. I guess we'll just have to see how it all plays out. Not needing ammo is awesome though as far as I'm concerned.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Yoshichan said:
No, fatigue will get you.
Yeah, they can't do it since their separate "instances". But it would have been awesome if they just made it so if you flew far enough out you'd suddenly hit a loading screen and be off the coast of the other continent.

FLEABttn

Banned
KernelPanic said:

Until then put some challenge in it, what's point of having CC spells in the game anyway ?

Pull a room (LOS pull around the corner if you're smart). Hold aggro on the group while everyone spams AoE.

Rinse. Repeat. Boring.

They can easily adjust other things to ensure the instances don't take too long.

When Wrath first came out, people were talking about how ridiculously hard they all were. With gear, they all became AoE fests. This will not change in Cata, with the only reason why people are so awestruck by them is they haven't needed to CC in over a year and a half.

Swag

Hoping with the release of Cataclysm we see some new realms.

So I can do all the feats of strength on my Goblin Priest :lol

Ahnqiraj gates, Death's Demise, etc

notworksafe

Sebulon3k said:
Hoping with the release of Cataclysm we see some new realms.

So I can do all the feats of strength on my Goblin Priest :lol

Ahnqiraj gates, Death's Demise, etc
Death's Demise, yes. AQ, no. Sadly Blizz said before that all new servers will start with the AQ gates opened.

notworksafe said:
Death's Demise, yes. AQ, no. Sadly Blizz said before that all new servers will start with the AQ gates opened.

Yep my server, Borean Tundra, was the last server to have closed AQ gates.

80s from a bunch of servers tried to transfer to the server to bang the gong. The transfer service to our server was unavailable for 2 months. Unfortunately for them we screwed them out of the opportunity by opening them 5 hours before the maintenance period. Thus lots of "lulz" were had on the server forum.

Willectro

Banned
Just resubscribed today after a 4 or 5 month hiatus.

Whats the deal with the Battleground experience? I well rested right now (level 72), but even still, I'm getting a couple bars of XP from each Isle of Conquest BG that I do. Are people leveling through straight PVP?

Swag

will52 said:
Just resubscribed today after a 4 or 5 month hiatus.

Whats the deal with the Battleground experience? I well rested right now (level 72), but even still, I'm getting a couple bars of XP from each Isle of Conquest BG that I do. Are people leveling through straight PVP?

PvP levelling is awesome around levels 30-60 because of AB, haven't tried it much after that because the XP requirements become quite high.

That, and Outlands / Northrend are awesome zones.

Angry Grimace

KernelPanic said:

Rinse. Repeat. Boring.

I think you're underestimating the fact it will be boring regardless of what they do by the ~10th time you run it.

They're just JP machines, the same way WLK heroics were badge farms.

HarryDemeanor said:
Yep my server, Borean Tundra, was the last server to have closed AQ gates.

80s from a bunch of servers tried to transfer to the server to bang the gong. The transfer service to our server was unavailable for 2 months. Unfortunately for them we screwed them out of the opportunity by opening them 5 hours before the maintenance period. Thus lots of "lulz" were had on the server forum.

Blizzard artificially sped up your Gate Opening sequence in the 2 or 3 weeks prior to opening those server transfers. They saw was the community at large was planning to do and made the right move and nipped it in the bud. I should know. I was following it closely. I had 2 characters ready to get their Scarab Lord titles.

Belfast

Personally, I kind of wish there was some level of randomization in trash, so you wouldn't know precisely how to handle every situation.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
Blizzard artificially sped up your Gate Opening sequence in the 2 or 3 weeks prior to opening those server transfers. They saw was the community at large was planning to do and made the right move and nipped it in the bud. I should know. I was following it closely. I had 2 characters ready to get their Scarab Lord titles.
would it have been a carrot on a stick + mithril spur race to gong? :lol

that may be too epic and wishful thinking if they put the transfers in their last location early on

keeblerdrow said:

Ah I thought that's what was going on. Felt weird that stuff was gathered so quickly in the war effort.

FLEABttn

Banned
MagicJackBauer said:
So I started a DK. Any tips I should know? Think I can get to 80 by December 7th?

You could probably do whatever and level easier than a lot of classes. I leveled mine as 2H blood and just threw talents into shit that sounded neat and soloed group quests.

I did 55-80 in about 8 or 9 days (not days played. I mean Sunday to the following Monday or Tuesday). December 7th is a very easy goal to make.

LowParry

MagicJackBauer said:
So I started a DK. Any tips I should know? Think I can get to 80 by December 7th?

For now until the 4.0 changes, go into Blood. You can take on probably about 6+ mobs and not die with how much regen you get from attacks. When 4.0 lands, um...I really don't know. Frost and Unholy are the dps trees now. Unholy seems to be the popular of dps trees. You could probably still level in Blood with 4.0 but you'd want to look at what talents fit best for dps in that tree.

Acidote

MagicJackBauer said:

Instead of tranfering my DK to the server I'm gonna play in, I just "cloned" it (same name and appearance) last saturday night and started leveling it. I'm sitting at level 70 right now. Yes, you've got plenty of time.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Acidote said:
Instead of tranfering my DK to the server I'm gonna play in, I just "cloned" it (same name and appearance) last saturday night and started leveling it. I'm sitting at level 70 right now. Yes, you've got plenty of time.
Is it going to be your main? What about gold , professions, currency farming, heirlooms?

Acidote

I'm already on 2k gold although I've to buy cold weather flying. Professions when I'm 80 and I'm not farming badges nor buying heirlooms.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Um... is this right.?...

On the PTR I see these numbers for the heirlooms...
"2175 JP for chests, shoulders, and one handers.
2725 JP for the spell mace and trinkets.
3500 JP for two handers and the bow.
"

This is equivalent to 180-300 Emblem of Triumphs...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Doubt those numbers will last, but very glad I decided to swallow the bullet and buy some cloth heirlooms today. I have 2 80s and killing Coren Direbrew every day was stockpiling enough to grab the shoulders and robe in one fell swoop. Having the heirlooms around might give me an incentive to finally push my Priest to cap and my new attempt at a Warlock seems to be keeping me occupied. If I get bored in a few months, I'll finally roll a Goblin Mage complete with Engineering powers mwahaha!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
Doubt those numbers will last, but very glad I decided to swallow the bullet and buy some cloth heirlooms today. I have 2 80s and killing Coren Direbrew every day was stockpiling enough to grab the shoulders and robe in one fell swoop. Having the heirlooms around might give me an incentive to finally push my Priest to cap and my new attempt at a Warlock seems to be keeping me occupied. If I get bored in a few months, I'll finally roll a Goblin Mage complete with Engineering powers mwahaha!
I think they changed it from 400-700 to 2000-3000. No blue has commented about the questions afaik.

I was planning to spend the next 2 months farming PVE heirlooms. Possibly buying a few I already have because.... I have the plate shoulder, Arcanite Reaper, and plate chest on one server. My main with all my currency, Staff, and Cloth Chest on another server.

I'll be playing on a different server surely. If I choose a melee that needs a 2h, that's two xfers. Ugh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Speaking of JP... is there a vendor that sells weapons (not heirloom, I mean ilvl340+ gear) for JP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom