• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interfectum

speedpop said:
Doubt those numbers will last, but very glad I decided to swallow the bullet and buy some cloth heirlooms today. I have 2 80s and killing Coren Direbrew every day was stockpiling enough to grab the shoulders and robe in one fell swoop. Having the heirlooms around might give me an incentive to finally push my Priest to cap and my new attempt at a Warlock seems to be keeping me occupied. If I get bored in a few months, I'll finally roll a Goblin Mage complete with Engineering powers mwahaha!
:lol

goblin engineers are going to be fucking badass :lol

Aesthet1c

DeathNote said:
Um... is this right.?...

On the PTR I see these numbers for the heirlooms...
"2175 JP for chests, shoulders, and one handers.
2725 JP for the spell mace and trinkets.
3500 JP for two handers and the bow.
"

This is equivalent to 180-300 Emblem of Triumphs...

Ugh if this sticks I guess I'll be converting all my frost emblems to heroism on Monday night, so that I can buy all the heirloom stuff for my Worgen druid before it gets that expensive. That feels like such an incredible waste of frost... :(

Interfectum

im rolling a worgan druid as well... i already have the cloth heirlooms, sp staff and sp trinkets and im going boomkin/resto so im thinking ill just stick with that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Interfectum said:
i have an 80 with mining skill maxed out. is mining still a good way to make money?

Selling saronite ore alone isn't going to make you a lot of money. I think cobalt ore is worth even more. :lol

Personally, i get my money with quests, selling Dragon's eyes from my JC daily, and selling epic gems cut, also from JC. They are still worth something like 100-120g each and i can get all the raw gems from emblems or my alchemist alt. :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think Mining really needs to be paired with something like JC to make it churn the money out. Having an Alchemist alt transmute the uncut gems into epic stuff is also the way to go; unfortunately not many people have the time or desire to get another character or two to 80 and max out their professions.

That doesn't mean you can't spend an hour a day going around and mining ores to sell on the AH though. If you're so inclined to do that you'd at least earn 100g a day, though it requires the effort of running around for the nodes.

Acidote said:
Jewelcrafting will be THE moneymaker come cata.
I somewhat agree, though if it's any indication of what Wrath delivered then you'll still have to deal with the middle man i.e. transmuting Alchemists.

Interfectum

my problem is... i have 4 level 80 characters but only ~1000 gold spread out between all of them (all i do is run heroics and PvP).

i would like to start generating some actual income but have no idea where to start or what to pursue. Since im low on cash I'd imagine is going to be a long road to even level a profession up at this point...

Acidote

MMO-C:

Honor Jewelcrafter Quartermaster gone in 4.0.1
Apparently, the Jewelcrafter Quartermaster will be removed in 4.0.1. A lot of people have been asking what would be the new price of epic gems with the new honor points, the answer is simple, you can no longer buy them in 4.0.1. The NPC has been recycled as a Weapon Quartermaster.

I think I know what my new DK will be. JC all the way.

Bisnic

speedpop said:
I think Mining really needs to be paired with something like JC to make it churn the money out. Having an Alchemist alt transmute the uncut gems into epic stuff is also the way to go; unfortunately not many people have the time or desire to get another character or two to 80 and max out their professions.

It's really not that hard, or long, to get a 2nd or 3rd character to lvl 80, while still having your main geared enough. Raids are much less of a waste of time than during the time of classic & BC WoW. You spend a few hours per week and there you go, you've got the best gear available, or one step closer with the "raiding points" that i forgot the name. And now since there will be no point in doing both the 10 & 25 man versions of the raids, and apparently no more of those raids with 10-12 bosses, you will have even more free time to lvl your alts!

Aesthet1c

Interfectum said:
my problem is... i have 4 level 80 characters but only ~1000 gold spread out between all of them (all i do is run heroics and PvP).

i would like to start generating some actual income but have no idea where to start or what to pursue. Since im low on cash I'd imagine is going to be a long road to even level a profession up at this point...

It sucks, but do dailies. You can make 400-500g per toon, per day if you do that. After that I recommend leveling alchemy. It's an awesome profession, and you can make a lot of money transmuting gems or making flasks.

Bisnic

Interfectum said:

I've got like 3 alts on the same realm, and all of them have over 10k gold. :lol It helps to have JC + Enchanting + Inscription + Mining + Herbalism + Alchemy. You save A LOT of money just with that. It might take a while to lvl all of them to 400+, but some like Inscription, can be done pretty fast with Herbalism. Enchanting is probably the one that might take longer.

If you haven't done all of them, do all the normal Northrend quests. They can give more money than dailies with their green rewards worth between 5g & 12g. Just make sure to always choose the one worth more. Don't choose the cloth bracers when there is a plate chest!

I don't even waste my time with dailies anymore, all i do with my alts is 1 heroic daily per day and that's it, and my total amount of gold keep going up unless i pay 4-6k gold for a 264 BOE item on the AH. :lol But since its not worth it to buy them lately... well... the more money in my pockets.

FLEABttn said:
You could probably do whatever and level easier than a lot of classes. I leveled mine as 2H blood and just threw talents into shit that sounded neat and soloed group quests.

I did 55-80 in about 8 or 9 days (not days played. I mean Sunday to the following Monday or Tuesday). December 7th is a very easy goal to make.
Thanks for the info. It's been so long since I leveled. I wasn't sure how long it would take. I like the DK so far. I've only known a warlock. Sure is nice to ditch the cloth for a bit.

Interfectum

how are they going to handle inscription if glyphs can be reused? do they do anything else?

I may start on a profession tonight... which do you suggest I get started on (if I pool my resources). Remember I have max mining if that helps.

I'm also gonna do some questing with my rogue since i have basically every quest in northand to do (leveled through BG and dungeon finder) :lol

Infinity

I've got to resub in time to see the Halloween decorations, or Hallow's Eve event.

And on another note, I've made quite a bit from Herbalism. Some of the more rare herbs, at the time I was playing (6 months ago), sold for a fair amount. It's a good steady profession.

DeathNote said:
Um... is this right.?...

On the PTR I see these numbers for the heirlooms...
"2175 JP for chests, shoulders, and one handers.
2725 JP for the spell mace and trinkets.
3500 JP for two handers and the bow.
"

This is equivalent to 180-300 Emblem of Triumphs...
Ugh, I was going to ask about that too. It looks like it's going to be in my best interest to buy my heirlooms in the next 6 days or so instead of waiting.

3500 JP for 2 handers? Good god. It's regularly 65 emblems right? Convert those emblems into JP and you get 770(rounded down). Talk about a HUGE difference. I'm glad I decided to stockpile my emblems for the past couple weeks.

Bisnic

Interfectum said:
how are they going to handle inscription if glyphs can be reused? do they do anything else?

I may start on a profession tonight... which do you suggest I get started on (if I pool my resources). Remember I have max mining if that helps.

I'm also gonna do some questing with my rogue since i have basically every quest in northand to do (leveled through BG and dungeon finder) :lol

To be honest, i dont use Inscription for selling glyphs in the AH. I use it to make glyphs for my own alts and to make Weapon & Armor Vellums for my enchanter alt, so i can also enchant all my alts freely, or to put those expensive enchants on the AH for money. :D Also, maybe some scrolls or offhands if i might need them someday.

If you already have max mining, i guess you should go with JC.

Next step could be an alt with Herbalism & Inscription. Then go with Alchemy & Enchanting on your 3rd alt. Just farm herbs with your 2nd alt, and send the herbs to your alchemist.

Like it said, just getting all of those might take a while, especially enchanting with the boring farm of hoping for greens to drop. Since you dont have 10k gold with you, you can't easily buy dusts or essences in the AH when they can sometimes be quite expensive.

Interfectum

Bisnic said:
To be honest, i dont use Inscription for selling glyphs in the AH. I use it to make glyphs for my own alts and to make Weapon & Armor Vellums for my enchanter alt, so i can also enchant all my alts freely, or to put those expansive enchants on the AH for money. :D Also, maybe some scrolls or offhands if i might need them someday.

So I'm gonna try my setup like this then:

DK: JC and ALC
Lock: Herb + inscription
Hunter: eng + mining
rogue: eng (for pvp) + skining (already at 321)

does that sound like a pretty good setup?

Bisnic

Interfectum said:
So I'm gonna try my setup like this then:

DK: JC and ALC
Lock: Herb + inscription
Hunter: eng + mining
rogue: eng (for pvp) + skining (already at 321)

does that sound like a pretty good setup?

Never really lvled engineering before, so i can't say. I always thought it was more of a fun/gimmick profession than a useful one. But 2 alts with engineer?

Also.. make sure that if you get enchanting on an alt someday, that its an alt that havent done a lot of quests. You might need those quests you have skipped so you can disenchant the rewards.

Interfectum

Bisnic said:
Never really lvled engineering before, so i can't say. I always thought it was more of a fun/gimmick profession than a useful one. But 2 alts with engineer?

well the hunter has max engineering but i dont use him anymore and i like the pvp stuff that comes with engineering. id like to pvp with a rogue with skinning (crit bonus) and engineering (utility bonus).

I guess ill have to check out what is BoE and what isnt to see if its worth it.

caught your edit... might skip engy for now and do enchant then considering ive done maybe 5% of the quests with the rogue. <3 dungeon finder :lol

To make some money from mining, I've actually found that Burning Crusade ores get me more money on my server. Everyone and their mother is farming Wintergrasp 24/7 so there's huge amounts of saronite and titanium, but stack for stack you get as much for fel iron bars (you also get motes that are still fairly valuable). Not so much for adamantium, I can't even give it away. But travel around Zangar or Nagrand and you should make stacks very quickly. And if you find khorium, you hit the jackpot. Easily 15g per ore on my server, people still need it for copters and it's stupidly rare and if noone else can be bothered to get to Outland...

Aesthet1c

Confused101 said:
Ugh, I was going to ask about that too. It looks like it's going to be in my best interest to buy my heirlooms in the next 6 days or so instead of waiting.

3500 JP for 2 handers? Good god. It's regularly 65 emblems right? Convert those emblems into JP and you get 770(rounded down). Talk about a HUGE difference. I'm glad I decided to stockpile my emblems for the past couple weeks.

I think this will also be relative to how much JP we get per heroic. In the end it will probably even out to be the same amount of currency we are using now to purchase them. However the initial conversion will screw us, so if we plan on buying any heirloom gear, we should probably do it pre-4.0.1.

Acidote said:
MMO-C:

Honor Jewelcrafter Quartermaster gone in 4.0.1
Apparently, the Jewelcrafter Quartermaster will be removed in 4.0.1. A lot of people have been asking what would be the new price of epic gems with the new honor points, the answer is simple, you can no longer buy them in 4.0.1. The NPC has been recycled as a Weapon Quartermaster.

I think I know what my new DK will be. JC all the way.
Dang. Epic gems were the only things i ever spent honor on. I suppose that everyone will be switching over to the new gems come Cataclysm, anyway. Using jewelcrafting to prospect epic gems was never worth it, imo, but it's definitely worth having a toon with the JC profession (it's a money maker for sure). Better to make money off the titanium ore and then buy the gems off the AH, instead. I guess Ill just stick to transmuting them once a day with alchemy.

Aesthet1c said:
However the initial conversion will screw us, so if we plan on buying any heirloom gear, we should probably do it pre-4.0.1.
And that's exactly what I'm planning. That patch isn't going in today, is it? That would be my luck.

LowParry

Confused101 said:
And that's exactly what I'm planning. That patch isn't going in today, is it? That would be my luck.

There haven't been any signs of it though I've had my pre-loader finished for the past couple of weeks. So if it's just something simple of flipping a switch on at this point, then who knows.

Dunlop

Got firefighter down last night

Then the tank had some major connectons issues so we had to call it.

Just have

Smell of Dwarves in the morning
Disarmed
Saronite (?)

lol, firewall is blocking me from getting the proper names. Glad the hard ones are over because it just occured to me if the patch goes through next week then you will need to do this content under the new system.

If they remove the mount, it will only be when Cata launches right? RIGHT!?!?!?!?!

:D

I apologize in advance. I don't normally rant, especially about gear, but last night's ICC run really pissed me off. I ran a 25m mostly comprised of guildies and a handful of puggers. Including myself we had a total of 4 rogues so I wasn't exactly expecting a whole lot outside of badges and an upgrade to my AV ring.

Fast forward to Deathwhipser, who drops the leather rogue shoulders -- BiS for mut rogues prior to HMs (keep in mind i'm still wearing T9 shoulders). I outroll all the other rogues! Happy times! But nope...our druid tank rolls on them and wins. I don't say a word. I keep my mouth shut and continue to do my job, but inside I was raging. Still mad thinking about it.

Dunlop

pyrealnova said:
I outroll all the other rogues! Happy times! But nope...our druid tank rolls on them and wins. I don't say a word. I keep my mouth shut and continue to do my job, but inside I was raging. Still mad thinking about it.

Obviously you should have said something, also what kind of shitty guild are you in that lets the tank roll on your DPS gear?

I would get it more if he rolled to beat the puggers and then handed it back to you.....

Dunlop said:
Obviously you should have said something, also what kind of shitty guild are you in that lets the tank roll on your DPS gear?

I would get it more if he rolled to beat the puggers and then handed it back to you.....

I wanted to say something, but I've only been with the guild for a month or so and I didn't want to cause any drama. Our RL clearly wanted to give me the shoulders but everyone in the raid backed him up, saying feral druids can get just as much use out of them.

Flib

You guys realize those are fine for him to roll on, right? As in those count as druid tank shoulders.

To expand on that, there is no tanking leather (aside from standard tanking trinkets/cloaks/necks/rings)as it would be an itemization nightmare, so our stats convert from leather melee dps gear.

notworksafe

pyrealnova said:
I wanted to say something, but I've only been with the guild for a month or so and I didn't want to cause any drama. Our RL clearly wanted to give me the shoulders but everyone in the raid backed him up, saying feral druids can get just as much use out of them.
If they aren't BiS for Tank Druids, then he should fuck off. Especially if you are upgrading from T9.

Dunlop said:
If they remove the mount, it will only be when Cata launches right? RIGHT!?!?!?!?!

:D
It isn't being removed at all.

Bisnic

There is no such thing as leather shoulders made for tank. Or even any leather gear for that matter. So feral druids, cat or bear, often roll on the same gear as rogue, except for rings, trinkets, necklace & cloak. As far as i know anyway.

Dunlop

Bisnic said:
There is no such thing as leather shoulders made for tank. Or even any leather gear for that matter. So feral druids, cat or bear, often roll on the same gear as rogue, except for rings, necklace & cloak. As far as i know anyway.

gotcha, even with the uber fast leveling I could not get my Druid past lvl 19 :D

Flib

Part of the issue would be to see what how much t10 he has, as bears should be making a beeline for the 4-piece bonus. If this breaks that, he shouldn't upgrade (although these are a solid upgrade over the 251 tier shoulders).

If he doesn't have the 251 t10 shoulders, then he probably has t9 as there aren't really many other options. We don't usually have a ton of gear choice.

Aesthet1c

Those are the breaks when you roll for gear, especially when you involve puggers. It sounds like he could have used them just as much, and regardless of how much of an upgrade it was for either of you, he won them fair and square.

Aesthet1c said:
Those are the breaks when you roll for gear, especially when you involve puggers. It sounds like he could have used them just as much, and regardless of how much of an upgrade it was for either of you, he won them fair and square.

Yeah, that's why I didn't say anything. He was using 251 shoulders and I'm not certain if he had his 4pc yet. They were a minor upgrade for him vs a very large upgrade for me. Oh well. Win some and lose some, I suppose.

J-Rzez

More like those are the breaks when Blizzard doesn't put more time into gear and make things specifically for tanking druids. They're probably tired of it, thus they implemented reforging as a bandaid to this situation, along with some "lesser" stats for the other roles.

Dunlop said:
gotcha, even with the uber fast leveling I could not get my Druid past lvl 19 :D

Give it a shot come Cata. You get Cat form at lvl8 instead of 20, and Bear form at 15. Makes leveling far far more fun and quicker to boot.

On another topic: I wish they would give druids a Mount equivalent travel form like Worgen are getting. Cheetah is good for combat, but it's so slow that you end up using a mount for longer distances.

Flib

I understand them not wanting to add another Spellpower Plate kind of deal, especially since tanking druids are the rarest tanks.

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
More like those are the breaks when Blizzard doesn't put more time into gear and make things specifically for tanking druids. They're probably tired of it, thus they implemented reforging as a bandaid to this situation, along with some "lesser" stats for the other roles.
Having Druids share gear between tank and DPS specs makes sense to me. We have zero tank druids in our raid and it would get frustrating to have tank only pieces drop and get DE'd.

Of course I also think that SP Plate is bullshit as well. Not only does it lead to Paladins being the only class that needs three sets of gear to use all of their specs (in Cata) but it's also stupid to see it drop when you have no Holy Paladins in your raid.

Paladins would be much better served if Ret and Holy shared gear and Paladins had a talent to convert Int to AP and Spirit to Hit. That gives an extra use to SP Plate gear and removes one of the many classes trying to get their hands on STR Plate gear.

Bisnic

krypt0nian said:
Give it a shot come Cata. You get Cat form at lvl8 instead of 20, and Bear form at 15. Makes leveling far far more fun and quicker to boot.

On another topic: I wish they would give druids a Mount equivalent travel form like Worgen are getting. Cheetah is good for combat, but it's so slow that you end up using a mount for longer distances.

Well... we already have a flight form with epic speed. Who needs a form just to run on the ground at 100% after that? :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
Having Druids share gear between tank and DPS specs makes sense to me. We have zero tank druids in our raid and it would get frustrating to have tank only pieces drop and get DE'd.

Of course I also think that SP Plate is bullshit as well. Not only does it lead to Paladins being the only class that needs three sets of gear to use all of their specs (in Cata) but it's also stupid to see it drop when you have no Holy Paladins in your raid.

Paladins would be much better served if Ret and Holy shared gear and Paladins had a talent to convert Int to AP and Spirit to Hit. That gives an extra use to SP Plate gear and removes one of the many classes trying to get their hands on STR Plate gear.
Actually, it would probably just mean that Paladins would get two different gear types; SP gear and STR gear to use at the same time. You can't remove STR scaling from Paladins.

New Class Combos
They will be available to everyone shortly before the release of Cataclysm when The Shattering takes place.
So, Patch 4.0.3, and available to all. I wouldn't have presumed Blizzard would give anything away for free...perhaps it was just too weird to grey out very specific race/classes like that?

To Jrez
Dance Studio - Blizzard promised me a (dancing) pony!
New dances remain a work in progress and we do not have plans to implement them prior to Cataclysm.

[...] We absolutely wouldn't advertise something in a trailer if we have no intention of including that feature. The trailers are virtually always created more than a year prior to the release of what they're advertising. All of the features are planned -- or work on them has already begun -- but we never know until much closer to the release date what features might have to be shelved to ensure bigger features are polished.

We announced new dances for Wrath of the Lich King and a good deal of work went into them, but we weren't happy with the feature overall as we got closer to release. We decided we would hold off on trying to push it out anyway and focus on bigger projects.

This is the nature of good development, even if it leaves some disappointed.
I assure you this answer is not good enough for J-Rzez.

Bisnic said:
Well... we already have a flight form with epic speed. Who needs a form just to run on the ground at 100% after that? :D

You know now that we can fly most place you're right. My head is stuck pre-Cata.

No beta gods have shone down on me. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom