• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to god If we wipe on putricide tonight I will rage so hard.

Somehow we are supposed ot be trying to get to LK tonight but if people come that cant even do the prof well :lol

Need to get gathering druid heirloom gear, i did it once but now that char is on another server :(

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
Actually, it would probably just mean that Paladins would get two different gear types; SP gear and STR gear to use at the same time. You can't remove STR scaling from Paladins.
Like I said, change it to INT (remember there is no SP gear in Cata, just INT gear) for Ret. Prot can still scale off of STR without issue. With the whole "you pick one spec and get bonuses based off of it" thing that becomes even easier to implement.

Dunlop

Johnlenham said:
I swear to god If we wipe on putricide tonight I will rage so hard.

this was the reason I had switched factions/servers back in May

Not to discourage but the if the raid struggles on the Prof then you might want them to read up on Sindrosa to avoid the heartache

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Having Druids share gear between tank and DPS specs makes sense to me. We have zero tank druids in our raid and it would get frustrating to have tank only pieces drop and get DE'd.

Of course I also think that SP Plate is bullshit as well. Not only does it lead to Paladins being the only class that needs three sets of gear to use all of their specs (in Cata) but it's also stupid to see it drop when you have no Holy Paladins in your raid.

Paladins would be much better served if Ret and Holy shared gear and Paladins had a talent to convert Int to AP and Spirit to Hit. That gives an extra use to SP Plate gear and removes one of the many classes trying to get their hands on STR Plate gear.

:lol yeah, nothings more frustrating than seeing holy pally gear drop all the time after our holy pally already got everything. That stuff would drop all the damned time.

Angry Grimace said:
I assure you this answer is not good enough for J-Rzez.

It warms my heart to see things like this, as I'm not the only one that really wants this feature. The only way I see this happening is if they every revamp the vanilla races. That they actually put an effort into their models and such. Unless they figure out a way to charge people money to learn new dances. But yeah, that's such a cheap response from that Blue, par for the course.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
Like I said, change it to INT (remember there is no SP gear in Cata, just INT gear) for Ret. Prot can still scale off of STR without issue. With the whole "you pick one spec and get bonuses based off of it" thing that becomes even easier to implement.
You can't necessarily just change the scaling for a specific spec, we don't know if they actually work like that. It's not necessarily as easy as just "turning it on" for X spec. Stat scaling is something that's part of the class itself, not the specializations.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
You can't necessarily just change the scaling for a specific spec, we don't know if they actually work like that. It's not necessarily as easy as just "turning it on" for X spec. Stat scaling is something that's part of the class itself, not the specializations.
Indeed. If only there was a testing period that could last many months where they could try it out. Of course it wouldn't be a test of a final product. More like a pre-release version. Something more than an Alpha...but less than a release...

Too bad Blizzard doesn't do something like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
Indeed. If only there was a testing period that could last many months where they could try it out. Of course it wouldn't be a test of a final product. More like a pre-release version. Something more than an Alpha...but less than a release...

Too bad Blizzard doesn't do something like that.
I don't get the point of the sarcasm; I'm not Blizzard. It's not my fault they don't like your idea. :lol

Rapstah

Is there any gain to being hit capped as a healer? I just randomly reached the cap on my disc priest today through the PoS staff.

Aesthet1c

Rapstah said:
Is there any gain to being hit capped as a healer? I just randomly reached the cap on my disc priest today through the PoS staff.

Unless you are dps'ing, there is no hit cap for healers, because heals can't miss.

Angry Grimace

Rapstah said:
How does one "accidentally" get 446 hit rating?

Dunlop said:
this was the reason I had switched factions/servers back in May

Not to discourage but the if the raid struggles on the Prof then you might want them to read up on Sindrosa to avoid the heartache
Nah there not that awful :lol Just for some reason they go brain dead or something and stuff we one shot a week ago take 3 tries the next.
Example tonight we do the prof 1st try after wiping like 5 times last night, we then go to blood Ive never been aswell as others and we one shot both boss.
We get to dreamwalker that from my perspective is the easiest in the whole place as we wiped like once in 5 weeks and bam wiped 3 times.

Oh well only icedragon and LK to go and seems we are going to raid wed and thurs to get him down before the patch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
To buy or not to buy epic gems for honor (I'm currently 75k capped)... I know we'll be able to exchange honor later (for the new type of honor), but do we have a list of items we'll be able to buy with the new honor?

Killed Sindragosa a few days ago. What a great feeling of accomplishment. We had about 5 wipes all around 20%, which would always happen on tries in the past. I asked the raid leader if we could try 2 healers since the 3rd weight was dead weight. He wouldn't even answer the question lol, and a couple wipes later we got it.

Evlar

Banned
notworksafe said:
I don't think there's a list of what you can buy, but I know gems won't be on it after the patch.
Which is exactly why I'm out farming Titanium again. Hardly anyone on my server has figured this out.

Has Blizzard announced whether the Tauren character models are going to get updated? They are so clunky (at least the males), but I like my warrior and druid as they are and don't want to change races--and I'm thinking about rolling a Tauren paladin for Cataclysm... I guess I could always give them a sex change for a few bucks.

Also, are druids going to have anything cool? I always was kind of bored looking at the same cat and bear model for 80 levels...

Rokam

They just redid cat and bear models silly. Unless you haven't played in awhile and didn't know, then of course you are not silly. As for new character models nothing has been announced.

Rokam said:
They just redid cat and bear models silly. Unless you haven't played in awhile and didn't know, then of course you are not silly. As for new character models nothing has been announced.
I see. No, I haven't played in almost two years... Are the models dependent on equipment or anything?

I really hope they update taurens. My warrior riding his llama was about 40 feet tall and used to get caught on doors all the time.

PhoenixDark said:
Killed Sindragosa a few days ago. What a great feeling of accomplishment. We had about 5 wipes all around 20%, which would always happen on tries in the past. I asked the raid leader if we could try 2 healers since the 3rd weight was dead weight. He wouldn't even answer the question lol, and a couple wipes later we got it.
I think the closest we got was around 7 or something retarded when i went on my hunter. This would be the first time tanking a dragon other than sarth so im abit scared ill kill everyone :lol

notworksafe

SnakeswithLasers said:
I see. No, I haven't played in almost two years... Are the models dependent on equipment or anything?

I really hope they update taurens. My warrior riding his llama was about 40 feet tall and used to get caught on doors all the time.
I believe it's based on skin color. Also, Taurens are still huge and get caught on everything.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
SnakeswithLasers said:
gear has no effect on the druid form appearances.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SnakeswithLasers said:
Has Blizzard announced whether the Tauren character models are going to get updated? They are so clunky (at least the males), but I like my warrior and druid as they are and don't want to change races--and I'm thinking about rolling a Tauren paladin for Cataclysm... I guess I could always give them a sex change for a few bucks.

Also, are druids going to have anything cool? I always was kind of bored looking at the same cat and bear model for 80 levels...

Like some people said, they have updated the cat & bear model to look much better. Also, you can change the color of their fur.

I like my black druid. :D

tcPXW.jpg

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
hope we get some info/media on their unannounced mmo or the other secret game they're working on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DeathNote said:
Anyone getting the virtual ticket for blizzcon?
Is there a limit for the virtual ticket? I mean, will it ever sell out? Because I'm not sure if I want to buy it quite yet.

Is it 720p streaming cameras?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Is there a limit for the virtual ticket? I mean, will it ever sell out? Because I'm not sure if I want to buy it quite yet.

Is it 720p streaming cameras?
It doesn't sa7 720p or 1080p, but it does say HD. Also, they have a DirecTV deal. They surely have 1080i or 720p cameras there since it's in HD on DTV.

It says you can order the DirecTV event by 9pm EST Oct 23rd. Which also gives access to the internet streams. I assume it's the same for Online only people. It's the same price either way.

But... "A limited quantity of BlizzCon merchandise is being set aside for BlizzCon Virtual Ticket holders, to be sold in an exclusive merchandise sale occuring October 13 and 14. To qualify for entry into this sale, you must purchase the BlizzCOn 2010 Virtual Ticket by 11:50 p.m. PST on October 10."

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sciz said:
Going back to money-making professions, I can't help but wonder how well items like the Free Action Potion and Elixir of the Searching Eye are going to sell once rated battlegrounds take off.

Unless consumables are banned from those too.
I'm slightly preparing for things like this on my alchemist at the moment whilst grabbing herbs for leveling my inscription. If Swiftness Potions are still usable in WSG, I see no reason why everything else isn't. Thinking I might collect enough and use 3 characters to put auctions up with the same items to artificially create an economy standard for these potions, though whether I bother with it or not is another thing entirely.

SnakeswithLasers said:
A WoW Insider article said it best; "It'll be a patch or two before we see the new version of Tree Form. I still find it a little ironic that the model's finally getting an upgrade right when the form's artistic quality ceases to be a concern."

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Did they show anything surprising at the opening ceremony of last year's Blizzcon? I can't remember.

Also an entire hour devoted to the Cataclysm cinematic seems a bit misleading....

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
speedpop said:
Did they show anything surprising at the opening ceremony of last year's Blizzcon? I can't remember.

Also an entire hour devoted to the Cataclysm cinematic seems a bit misleading....

I think they will talk more than just the intro cinematic during that hour. Probably going to be the others like the Goblin one. It does say cinematicS.

Entropia

No One Remembers
speedpop said:

Uh yeah, they announced cataclysm... :)

Am I the only one going to Blizzcon? :<

I don't get the appeal of Blizzcon. I can get all the information announced immediately proceeding it, and I don't have to spend all day walking around unwashed Blizz fans.

CAW

Started playing my Boomkin again and it's totally awesome. I was heal spec for awhile but fell in love with balance.

Just ran a dungeon finder random Nexus and we were doing great but at the last boss the priest was having trouble keeping everyone healed so I placed some HoTs on him and the tank and went back to DPSing. The Warrior died but I was able to get him up with Rebith, HoT him and priest up before the rest of us died with the boss at 2%. We finished the fight with just the priest and the warrior alive and I felt great! Nothing like saving the raid to make my night (even if it is just 5 man nexus non-heroic). :lol

I was mostly doing PvP healing with my druid and outland dungeons but now I'm going to try and focus on 5 mans more often and leveling properly. Any advice from fellow Druids?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&cn=Scartooth
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom