• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Alex said:
Seems like a waste to make those quest lines and remove them after what, three months?

its a pre-cata event. there's going to be another pre-cata event that will also disappear forever. cataclysm comes out once.

its like the freakin Undead Invasion event. it doesnt happen every year. itll never happen again.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i have a 70 alliance and can't even do the main part of the event. ugh.

you pretty much have to do it on PTR or have a high level char

Alex

davepoobond said:
its a pre-cata event. there's going to be another pre-cata event that will also disappear forever. cataclysm comes out once.

its like the freakin Undead Invasion event. it doesnt happen every year. itll never happen again.

Yeah but those world events are usually pretty simple, this is more complex.

Oh well though, at least I got to try the Gnome one.

What are they removing? Is there anything notable that will get removed soon so I should sub and do it or just keep waiting for patch?

Fularu

Banned
I should have my Invincible mount next week or the week after...

Can't wait <3

The wait has been long and painfull!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Alex said:
Yeah, I resubbed to get some. They did say the Argent Tourney ones would work though even after the patch, with the Champions Seals.

My first real night playing again since mid 09. I went ahead and did the Operation Gnomeregan questline too. That was pretty cute though it def left me wanting to see more. I like the new voice actor they got for Mekkatorque.

I'd like to see the Horde one too, but no character atm. I hope it still remains in Cataclysm.

I'm pretty sure you can do the Gnomeregan/Echo Isles pre-Cata events as a low lvl. Well, except the final quest where you follow the leader. You need to be lvl 75 for the final quest i believe.

So hurry up, make a lvl 1 horde, get him to lvl 5-6 with the beginner quests, and go to Senjin Village! At least you'll be able to see almost everything and get the awesome troll costume.

Dunlop

Sax Russel said:
After spending some time on the PTR trying to get mods working... man I hate expansion patches.

yeah they better get Vuhdo working quickly or I am giong to wipe our groups on trash mobs...

Flib

Dunlop said:
yeah they better get Vuhdo working quickly or I am giong to wipe our groups on trash mobs...

Have you guys tried using the beta mods? VuhDo/threatplates/dbm etc. are working on the beta, so I would assume those would work with 4.01. You have to search for the beta versions specifically though.

Thats one thing i hate the most is the death of addons each patch. If xperl/bartender and er one that shows cooldowns on the buttons Ill be a sad panda ;( that and it means i have to sepnd like an hour rebuildingmy ui!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I don't usually bother too much with blue posts when they respond to a lot of the banter and drums on the WoW forums simply because a lot of it is PR tunes to allay the fears of grown men and women, but I did like this comment:

Blizzard GM said:
The "lame duck session" before a new expansion goes live is always a little odd and exciting. My advice is to chill a little, sit back, and watch Deathwing destroy your world.

Flib

Johnlenham said:
Thats one thing i hate the most is the death of addons each patch. If xperl/bartender and er one that shows cooldowns on the buttons Ill be a sad panda ;( that and it means i have to sepnd like an hour rebuildingmy ui!

Currently bartender isn't working, but dominos is.

Tamanon

Banned
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14870047370&sid=1

Today we announced that World of Warcraft has passed another major milestone and now hosts more than 12 million current subscribers around the globe. Check out the press release for the full announcement, and thank you to all of our players for making this possible -- we're grateful for all of the support and enthusiasm you've shown over the years, and look forward to continuing to provide you with great entertainment experiences for a long time to come.

And people thought it was tapering off.:lol

Evlar

Banned
Bartender would be a loss for me, but I could cope. More worrying in the short term are the troubles the Grid team is experiencing bashing out the Cataclysm update. My functionality in a raid/BG falls close to zero without Grid.

Blizz on threat (from mmo-champion)
We did recently buff the threat generated by Defensive Stance and its equivalents.

Note that with this change, the threat generated by tanks will be about the same as it is on live, which is that a tank can generate about three times as much threat as a dps class.

On live, remember that classes like rogues have an innate threat reduction, warriors have reduced threat in Battle or Berserker Stance, and mages had talents to reduce threat generated. We removed all of those. Until this recent change, that left tank threat slightly low relative to live. We hoped Vengeance would have made up for the loss of Tricks, Misdirect and (to a lesser extent) Vigilance, but in retrospect we think we were still underestimating how much they were buoying tank threat.

If you never used Tricks or Misdirect, then threat should feel about the same in Cataclysm as it does on live. If you use Tricks and Misdirect on live, then you might need Vengeance stacked before you feel the same, but at the same time Tricks and Misdirect still work just fine for establishing initial aggro before Vengeance has a chance to stack anyway.

Ok, that makes sense. So the 200% isn't excessive, it's just a natrual progression of the scaling given how dps has changed.

So I started my Death Knight on Saturday and he's at level 62 now. I guess I'm well on my way to 80 by December 7th. Do the heirloom items that give 10% XP stack? So with shoulders and chest piece I would get 20%?

Evlar

Banned
MagicJackBauer said:
So I started my Death Knight on Saturday and he's at level 62 now. I guess I'm well on my way to 80 by December 7th. Do the heirloom items that give 10% XP stack? So with shoulders and chest piece I would get 20%?
Yes.

Swag

MagicJackBauer said:

And with Ring 5%

Gl getting that~

Anyone else think Raid Rage Quitting / Ninja Logging is going to be horrible once the new lockout system is implemented? Without wasting a lockout being a deterrent now, I can see people attending for a single boss and then leaving right after.

See Physical DPS ninja logging after Saurfang because of no DBW.

Tried out Deepholm last night. Pretty nice looking area, reminds me a bit of Netherstorm. Big, cratered area that would probably be pretty good for PvP if you're into it. I think the quests lead to Stonecore, so I'll try that out tonight hopefully

Plus there's a giant elite who stomps around. He doesn't have any stomping/moving sounds yet, so I found myself getting annihilated a couple times. Hilarious, reminded me of old times lol

Carm

Sober said:
I'm surprised there's such a large gap between 10 and 25 (the 30 per raid boss will add up quickly). I was hoping to be able to avoid 25-mans and stuff, ugh.

There was suppose to be a cap on how many valor points you can get per week. Unless their plans have changed, the way they were talking before was 25's would basically hit the cap just raiding if they wanted to, then the people doing 10's would need to do daily heroics to match it. Hopefully it stays that way but who knows, I haven't kept up with much of the beta because I don't care for the direction my class has went (DK tank).

mclem

Carm said:
There was suppose to be a cap on how many valor points you can get per week. Unless their plans have changed, the way they were talking before was 25's would basically hit the cap just raiding if they wanted to, then the people doing 10's would need to do daily heroics to match it. Hopefully it stays that way but who knows, I haven't kept up with much of the beta because I don't care for the direction my class has went (DK tank).

I don't believe there's been any mention of changes to that part of the model.

Boy am I glad that I stockpiled emblems for the last couple of weeks. I was able to get both pieces of armor, the 2-hander and the haste trinket. As soon as I saw that Bashiok quote confirming the increased heirloom cost, I went straight to the vendor and didn't waste time throwing down my emblems.

So now I'm sitting with 83 frost emblems left. I'm just gonna let them convert over to justice points I guess. I could get the other trinket but it's not really necessary. I could buy a nice belt, but what's the point?

I'm going to focus on helping an old friend farm as many emblems as he can so he can join me in leveling through Cata with heirlooms as well. I think we're going to put in some major hours this weekend. I think he's only got 67 emblems total so we have a bit of work ahead of us. (fake edit: Our 80s are both DPS. Queue times suck!)

J-Rzez

speedpop said:
I don't usually bother too much with blue posts when they respond to a lot of the banter and drums on the WoW forums simply because a lot of it is PR tunes to allay the fears of grown men and women, but I did like this comment:

Man, PVP is going to be such a mess when this patch launches. And they'll just sit back and laugh. If they nerf all damage in bg's and arenas across the boards come 4.0.1, this will also nerf the damage that the classes that need help do as well, not fixing the problem at all.

Oh well, time for me to fire up my Mage and Lock and have fun for a month 2-3 shotting people at will.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
notworksafe said:
Didn't Blizz say they had no interest in balancing PvP around level 80 for this new stuff?

they said they'll fix anything that is really broken, but for the most part they are balancing for 85.

I'm not sure why anyone would complain... this is like wild west WoW for a month or two. :D

Confused101 said:
Boy am I glad that I stockpiled emblems for the last couple of weeks. I was able to get both pieces of armor, the 2-hander and the haste trinket. As soon as I saw that Bashiok quote confirming the increased heirloom cost, I went straight to the vendor and didn't waste time throwing down my emblems.

So now I'm sitting with 83 frost emblems left. I'm just gonna let them convert over to justice points I guess. I could get the other trinket but it's not really necessary. I could buy a nice belt, but what's the point?

I'm going to focus on helping an old friend farm as many emblems as he can so he can join me in leveling through Cata with heirlooms as well. I think we're going to put in some major hours this weekend. I think he's only got 67 emblems total so we have a bit of work ahead of us. (fake edit: Our 80s are both DPS. Queue times suck!)

"The current cost of 1-80 heirlooms on the PTR is much higher then it should be. Teir 10-251 gear costs 695/1100 JP, whereas the heirlooms cost 2700/3500 JP. "
Duno if that means much but I had like 140 badges stocked up so bough the leather vest /2h mace for my eventual druid and need WG to get the shoulders.
If I feel like going WAR I have the two plate bits anyways :D

Bisnic

I think this weekend i'll buy all the weapons heirlooms i can before the patch goes live and the price gets too ridiculous. I don't give a damn about the chest & shoulder with +10% XP. Who would want to lvl too fast in the new zones and miss some of these cool new quests?

Sure, i could buy them for when i hit Outland & Northrend, but whatever. :lol

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Didn't Blizz say they had no interest in balancing PvP around level 80 for this new stuff?

They said they would put a temporary fix in there if it were out of control. So count on that happening if PTR is any indication of this, as ranged are just blowing melee the hell up. It's not like before where just Ret was out of control, now you have nearly every ranged class just 2-3 shotting people.

And as many know, if something is out of control blowing people up at 80, most likely things won't change at 85. Wrath Ret is just one example. It's funny because GC will say, "some classes just don't have their abilities yet, so they're at a disadvantage!", yet he himself doesn't seem to realize that the classes that are OP, they're getting new spells as well as they level. :lol

notworksafe

Bisnic said:
I think this weekend i'll buy all the weapons heirlooms i can before the patch goes live and the price gets too ridiculous. I don't give a damn about the chest & shoulder with +10% XP. Who would want to lvl too fast in the new zones and miss some of these cool new quests?

This is why I got the +XP heirlooms. The weapon ones are sweet too. It'll save me a lot of hassle when leveling my Warrior.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Bisnic said:

You'll need them for Northend. Grind for them this week and thank me after December 7th. :)

Aesthet1c

Bisnic said:

You are crazy man. I can't believe anyone would want to take longer leveling. I mean, I want to see the new zones too, but I would much rather spend 20% less time getting to 85.

Bisnic

Aesthet1c said:
You are crazy man. I can't believe anyone would want to take longer leveling. I mean, I want to see the new zones too, but I would much rather spend 20% less time getting to 85.

Lvling is part of the fun of WoW. There is no fun in doing lvl 25 quests you have missed when you are lvl 85. If i lvl so fast with +20% XP that i skip 25% of the new quests because of it, i'll hate myself for that.

Not to mention, they did everything to make lvling more fun. Spells that adjust with your lvl instead of waiting for new ranks, better talents, better zones, better quests, awesome skill at lvl 10 instead of lvl 40-60. And so on. Did you skip all the low lvl stuff while looking at Cataclysm previews?

Beside, it sucks to have the same chest/shoulder for 80 lvls. I've been seeing them for nearly 2 years and im fucking tired of seeing them. :lol Bring on the new heirlooms.

notworksafe

I agree with Bisnic. Blizz has said they've done a lot to improve leveling and the quests and events that are shown from 1-60. I don't want to miss a single second of those experiences because I'm overleveled for the area.

The +XP will come in handy for the Outland/Northrend content though.

Bisnic

Anyone know if in patch 4.0.1, they will finally get rid of weapon skills? Or is that 4.0.3?

My fresh lvl 80 prot warrior will probably get the 219 tanking mace from reg FOS pretty soon, but he has 1/400 in mace skill! If the patch really come this tuesday, i'll just leave that mace in the bank until then and keep using my blue sword, rather than go and hit 800 boars until i get to 400 mace skill.

Bisnic said:
Anyone know if in patch 4.0.1, they will finally get rid of weapon skills? Or is that 4.0.3?

My fresh lvl 80 prot warrior will probably get the 219 tanking mace from reg FOS pretty soon, but he has 1/400 in mace skill! If the patch really come this tuesday, i'll just leave that mace in the bank until then and keep using my blue sword, rather than go and hit 800 boars until i get to 400 mace skill.

Death of weapon skills, new abilities/mechanics, new talent trees and such all come with 4.0.1.

Some thoughts on Combat Rogues in 4.01. I've been hitting the dummies and reforging and trying some of the things the EJ guys are saying.

- Assassination is ahead of Combat on the dummies by maybe 300 DPS. Even with throwing rupture into Assassination's rotation, it still feels like an easy and kind of boring rotation compared to Combat. It feels like the Rogues' BC Beast Mastery spec and I don't get why it gets so much DPS. There, I said it.

- Rupture > Eviscerate seems to be the way to go for Combat. Which I don't get since we don't have any talents that buff rupture but, a few that buff Eviscerate.

- Revealing Strike is definitely a DPS increase when doing rupture AND eviscerate. I try to get it in pretty early in the rotation so that if the glyph of SS procs, I don't end up with too many combo points. Waiting until 4 CB points seems like a dumb idea considering that Ruthlessness, the SS glyph, and the 4 piece T10 bonus could have you at 5 combo points and never being at 4.

- Glyphs of Adrenaline Rush, Sinister Strike, and Rupture seem to be the most DPS. The glyph of Killing Spree no longer reduces the cooldown and seems to be a few hundred DPS behind using the AR glyph.

- Mastery really sucks for combat. I reforged a bunch of crit into Mastery and my DPS dropped by like 600. I recommend reforging all that extra crit into haste.

- Not Combat Specific but, I easily got Expertise and poison hit cap with no Expertise gems and 1 agi + hit gem and Icewalker by reforging only 4 pieces and kept my 4 piece T10. Actually, I probably don't even need Icewalker and the hit gem to get poison hit cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom