• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

For people that aren't sure what new stuff comes in what patch, basically the "game-y" (mechanics, UI, etc) stuff is all 4.0.1. If it's something that is about the way the game itself works, it'll be in 4.0.1.

The storyline stuff (new class/race combos, new world) is all in 4.0.3. So if it's something that would happen because of the Cataclysm, it'll be in 4.0.3.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
All the pre-patches that we downloaded the past weeks. I sure hope its not only for 4.0.1, but also for 4.0.3. Theyre were HUGE, and if it they were only for mechanices & interfaces changes, i can't imagine how big it would be for actual zone/npc/quest changes.

Please tell me it was for both. :(

LowParry

Bisnic said:
All the pre-patches that we downloaded the past weeks. I sure hope its not only for 4.0.1, but also for 4.0.3. Theyre were HUGE, and if it they were only for mechanices & interfaces changes, i can't imagine how big it would be for actual zone/npc/quest changes.

Please tell me it was for both. :(

Of course it was. It was what, nearly 6 gigs or something?

Aurarian

I haven't even gotten past 1.5gigs pre downloaded. What a pain in the ass especially with that shittastic torrent system and even their direct download speed seems to suck for me. Only getting about 100kb/s.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Bisnic said:
Lvling is part of the fun of WoW. There is no fun in doing lvl 25 quests you have missed when you are lvl 85. If i lvl so fast with +20% XP that i skip 25% of the new quests because of it, i'll hate myself for that.

Not to mention, they did everything to make lvling more fun. Spells that adjust with your lvl instead of waiting for new ranks, better talents, better zones, better quests, awesome skill at lvl 10 instead of lvl 40-60. And so on. Did you skip all the low lvl stuff while looking at Cataclysm previews?

Beside, it sucks to have the same chest/shoulder for 80 lvls. I've been seeing them for nearly 2 years and im fucking tired of seeing them. :lol Bring on the new heirlooms.

That's all well and good, but like I said you will want them for Northrend (unless they change the leveling speed).

If you don't you will drop your alt in frustration probably by 73. It is slllooowwww.

Bisnic

Painraze said:
That's all well and good, but like I said you will want them for Northrend (unless they change the leveling speed).

If you don't you will drop your alt in frustration probably by 73. It is slllooowwww.

I'm sure i saw some blue saying they will change Northrend lvling speed to be on par with Outlands.

Thank god, because it really is slow. Outlands right now is just fine.

That probably mean we will never see Icecrown, Storm Peaks & Zuldrak/Sholazar Basin again, unless for achievements or mounts/companions... but whatever.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Bisnic said:
I'm sure i saw some blue saying they will change Northrend lvling speed to be on par with Outlands.

Ah I never read that.

If true, then you should be good. If not... have fun with all that. :lol

Bisnic

Painraze said:
Ah I never read that.

If true, then you should be good. If not... have fun with all that. :lol

Yeah, but i already said in my 1st post that i'll probably use them for Outlands & Northrend since i've done their quests a dozen of times. :lol

Cataclysm quests will be another story... until the day i do them for the 14th time that is.

Soo 4.0.1 on tuesday? Haven't seen an update on mmo-champ, which makes me think it might come out later this month.

There's definitely going to be a lot of bitching about the changes when the patch hits :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't forget to spend your Frost Emblems everyone!

23 frost in 4.0.1 = 10g 81 silver (if you're already 4000JP capped)

23 frost in before 4.0.1 = [Primordial Saronite] = 300g

Yoshichan said:

I thought they were letting you go over the cap in 4.0.1 and then putting in the hard cap in 4.0.3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HarryDemeanor said:
I thought they were letting you go over the cap in 4.0.1 and then putting in the hard cap in 4.0.3.
What's the hard cap at?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Another thought I had earlier today; it might be wise to those of you who plan on rolling a new alt character or three in 4.0.3/Cataclysm to buy your bags now. I imagine everyone grabs Netherweave since, at times, they are available for 10g at the least - just contemplate on how many of those bags are going to go through with all of the new alts being created and the lack of supply.

God damn expansions are a headache in planning sometimes. Of course if you have 40,000g lying around, nevermind those words :lol

markot

Banned
Is 4.01 gonna redo all the gear as well?

As in get rid of def and all that stuff? Seems like it would have to if they are putting in mastery and the new talents >.<

notworksafe

markot said:

As in get rid of def and all that stuff? Seems like it would have to if they are putting in mastery and the new talents >.<
I'd imagine so. I'd be pretty bummed if all my gear still had Defense when I'm talented to be crit proof. :lol

Sciz

markot said:

Yes, all of the stat changes come with the patch.

Yoshichan

notworksafe said:
The hard cap is 4000, but you can go over it until 4.0.3, then everything above 4000 will turn into gold.
Hmm not really getting it. So in 4.0.1, you'll be able to get unlimited amount of JP. But for what point? We won't be able to spend any until Cataclysm (and lvl 85), right?

notworksafe

Yoshichan said:
Hmm not really getting it. So in 4.0.1, you'll be able to get unlimited amount of JP. But for what point? We won't be able to spend any until Cataclysm (and lvl 85), right?
You will be able to buy Wrath stuff with it. Level 80 gear, heirlooms, etc. Basically Blizz doesn't want to totally screw people out of the badges they earned, but they are going to cut things down when it comes to 4.0.3 to stop people from going in with crazy amounts of points to buy everything there is in Cata.

Yoshichan

notworksafe said:
You will be able to buy Wrath stuff with it. Level 80 gear, heirlooms, etc. Basically Blizz doesn't want to totally screw people out of the badges they earned, but they are going to cut things down when it comes to 4.0.3 to stop people from going in with crazy amounts of points to buy everything there is in Cata.
Ooh! Got it! So I will still be able to buy Primordial Saronite with JP after 4.0.1? I hope they scale it well so that it costs around the worst of 23 Frosts.

ampere

Bisnic said:

Thank god, because it really is slow. Outlands right now is just fine.

That probably mean we will never see Icecrown, Storm Peaks & Zuldrak/Sholazar Basin again, unless for achievements or mounts/companions... but whatever.
They are not nerfing 70-80 leveling yet.

I'll happen eventually, but there have been blue posts that said it's not happening immediately. So if you have a 70, might as well level it now.

Yoshichan said:
Ooh! Got it! So I will still be able to buy Primordial Saronite with JP after 4.0.1? I hope they scale it well so that it costs around the worst of 23 Frosts.
You will still be able to buy it, I have no idea what the cost in JP will be though.

Keep in mind the price on heirlooms is going to skyrocket, so buy them now.

mclem

notworksafe said:
The hard cap is 4000, but you can go over it until 4.0.3, then everything above 4000 will turn into gold.

However, after 4.0.1, you cannot earn any JP until you fall below 4000JP.

mclem

Yoshichan said:

It's a risky move, though, because I'm not sure how well PS sells these days on all servers. What you *don't* want to do is end up with a load of Saronite you can't offload while the bottom is plummetting out of the market. I'll probably be going with the gold exchange instead, at least that's a very clear amount of money.

And for me, it'll be 11.5k gold. So... yeah.

Epic gems are similar. Removing the transmute cooldown may well result in a glut on the market, and they'll be worthless in Cataclysm, possibly sooner depending on whether people keep raiding post 4.0.1.

lordmrw

Yoshichan said:

They're that low on your server? They still go for 575-800 on mine. Sucks they dropped so fast last month, I have 143 frost emblems I was planning on buying primordial saronites with and selling to make a few thousand more gold. I should be so lucky to win another battered hilt and sell it this time.

Yoshichan

mclem said:
And for me, it'll be 11.5k gold. So... yeah.
What?! How?

Edit: can someone please find out how much JP Saronites will sell for in 4.0.1? Does it show in beta?

Edit2: N/m, I started the beta... 266 JP for Saronite!

J-Rzez

lordmrw said:
They're that low on your server? They still go for 575-800 on mine. Sucks they dropped so fast last month, I have 143 frost emblems I was planning on buying primordial saronites with and selling to make a few thousand more gold. I should be so lucky to win another battered hilt and sell it this time.

That's what they're going for on my server now as well. If you buy them in bulk you'll get them for 200g/ea.

Yoshichan

notworksafe said:
Conquest Badges will convert to 5g5s each in 4.0.1. I'm lazy so I'll convert all my badges into Conquest before 4.0.1.
Wait, what? So frost, triumph = 50silver and conquest = 5g?

How does that make any sense? Why would you NOT convert everything you have then?

notworksafe

Yoshichan said:
Wait, what? So frost, triumph = 50silver and conquest = 5g?

How does that make any sense? Why would you NOT convert everything you have then?
No, Frost/Triumph = JP in 4.0.1. Any JP over 4000 then converts to gold in 4.0.3.

Conquest and below = gold in 4.0.1.

Yoshichan

notworksafe said:
No, Frost/Triumph = JP in 4.0.1. Any JP over 4000 then converts to gold in 4.0.3.

Conquest and below = gold in 4.0.1.
Yeah but the Frost/Triumph after 4000JP will convert into 50s each right? Ridiculously low :/

notworksafe

Yoshichan said:
Yeah but the Frost/Triumph after 4000JP will convert into 50s each right? Ridiculously low :/
Actually its 47.5s per Justice Point over 4000 in 4.0.3. So since each Frost/Triumph converts to 11.58 Justice Points, that makes each Frost/Triumph worth 5g50s.

...someone might want to double check my math there, but I think it's correct.

Yoshichan

I knew Blizzard would balance it well! :) Good job. No point converting then, IMO!

notworksafe

Yoshichan said:
I knew Blizzard would balance it well! :) Good job. No point converting then, IMO!
Remember though, that's 5g50s for each 11.58 Justice Points over 4000. If you will have less than or exactly 4000 JP when 4.0.3 hits, you'll get zero gold.

My 300 (combined Frost/Triumph) badges will only convert to 3474 JP in 4.0.1, which is why I'm just converting everything into Conquest so I will get 1650g right when 4.0.1 hits.

I just doubt I'll be doing much dungeoning/raiding between 4.0.1 and 4.0.3...so I won't hit the 4000 cap. I'd rather get gold than JP. :D

Sykotik

I'd much rather save every bit of JP I can get for the ilevel 333 gear in cata. Even if it's just enough for 2 pieces, that's two pieces I won't have to farm for when the time comes.

notworksafe

Sykotik said:
I'd much rather save every bit of JP I can get for the ilevel 333 gear in cata. Even if it's just enough for 2 pieces, that's two pieces I won't have to farm for when the time comes.
I'll be farming that content to death anyway. A few more runs won't hurt me. The extra gold will be super helpful when the prices of everything go through the roof in Cata.

Manus

Just been farming emblems to get some heirlooms for my Worgen Priest. I always seem to get The Oculus, makes me wanna scream.

Soule

Wooooooow just resubbed... still have all my gear and stuff but every single one of my characters is penniless... will really feel like I'm starting from scratch now, shouldn't take long to get a base of gold back but will be an interesting first few days

Yoshichan

notworksafe said:
Remember though, that's 5g50s for each 11.58 Justice Points over 4000. If you will have less than or exactly 4000 JP when 4.0.3 hits, you'll get zero gold.

My 300 (combined Frost/Triumph) badges will only convert to 3474 JP in 4.0.1, which is why I'm just converting everything into Conquest so I will get 1650g right when 4.0.1 hits.

I just doubt I'll be doing much dungeoning/raiding between 4.0.1 and 4.0.3...so I won't hit the 4000 cap. I'd rather get gold than JP. :D
Hmm ok! Let's see now... to get as much JP/Gold as possible out of these:

177 frost
638 triumph
167 justice

How should I do it? :lol sorry... I'm obviously capped to 4000 JP in 4.0.1

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SquirrelNuckle said:
Just been farming emblems to get some heirlooms for my Worgen Priest. I always seem to get The Oculus, makes me wanna scream.
The Oculus takes about 20 minutes and has an 8 badge output.

Sac up.

Anyone know if the redesigned level 1-60 experience is being released any earlier than December 7th? I'm not sure how the expansion patching works, I've always quit long before expansions were released and came back a few months after they were out.

notworksafe

funkmastergeneral said:
Anyone know if the redesigned level 1-60 experience is being released any earlier than December 7th? I'm not sure how the expansion patching works, I've always quit long before expansions were released and came back a few months after they were out.
Yes in 4.0.3. That has no release date but I'd imagine it will come out 3 weeks - 1 month before.

Lolligag

notworksafe said:
Yes in 4.0.3. That has no release date but I'd imagine it will come out 3 weeks - 1 month before.
I'm just hoping it's at least 1 week. Then maybe I'll make my gnome priest my main.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't wait till I can rock my Worgen Warlock.

Alex

Maxing out WoW can be harder than it seems. Always, always knock the shadows down one notch, top end Shadows in WoW eat shit tons of resources for little noticeable benefit

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
so basically if i value gold over justice points it would be a good idea for me to convert all my badges to conquest badges before the patch?

Yoshichan

Painraze said:
so basically if i value gold over justice points it would be a good idea for me to convert all my badges to conquest badges before the patch?
Yeah the triumph/frost ones.

Finally finished glory of the Icecrown raider 25. Then my guild went to finish the ironbound proto-drake achievement and repeatedly wiped on 1-light :lol
Sorry for the quality of the pic. I have all my video settings turned way down b/c i'm still playing on my old laptop.
frostbrood_mount2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom