• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've officially played (and almost beat) all heroic Cata dungeons as a Resto Druid.

Consider me ready!!! (also, if anyone's got any questions, feel free to ask)

Rapstah

Do your class mount quests now if you haven't. I can't see how the Warlock chain will work with the new Soul Shard mechanics.

Yazus

Yoshichan said:
I've officially played (and almost beat) all heroic Cata dungeons as a Resto Druid.

Consider me ready!!! (also, if anyone's got any questions, feel free to ask)

I too have completed nearly all the cata HCs witha resto druid (exept Stonecore and ToT).

My question is...

-Do you keep LB at 3 stacks refreshed with Nourish on the tank or you let it fall off?
-I usually have 3 LBs + Rej on the tank and then heal him with Nourish. Every other party member who takes dmg I heal them with Rejuv or a quick regrowth/swiftmend. If the tank is in danger I use Regrowth + Swiftmend and maybe if its still in danger also Healing Touch.
Also Wild Growth with AoE dmg.

Am I playing right? I spose yes becuase I was able to complete nearly all the HCs, but maybe there is some other rotation/way to play easier :>

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yazus said:
I too have completed nearly all the cata HCs witha resto druid (exept Stonecore and ToT).

My question is...

-Do you keep LB at 3 stacks refreshed with Nourish on the tank or you let it fall off?
-I usually have 3 LBs + Rej on the tank and then heal him with Nourish. Every other party member who takes dmg I heal them with Rejuv or a quick regrowth/swiftmend. If the tank is in danger I use Regrowth + Swiftmend and maybe if its still in danger also Healing Touch.
Also Wild Growth with AoE dmg.

Am I playing right? I spose yes becuase I was able to complete nearly all the HCs, but maybe there is some other rotation/way to play easier :>
The rotation for Resto Druids is broken and overall very odd at the current state. Even Elitist Jerks are very confused about the whole situation. But yeah, healing in Cataclysm pretty much forces everyone not to take extra damage since healers are having big problems healing everyone at a constant rate.

I always throw Reju and x3 LB on the tank while spamming Nourish on him. I noticed that if you throw Nourish when LB's got a second left, it won't refresh which is a really frustrating bug. This should be fixed.

If tank's getting hammered, I do Reju, SM, x3 LB, Nourish. If that's not enough, I usually time my Healing Touch so that it heals him for the amount of health he needs (you shouldn't overheal in Cata, we can't afford that at the current state).

Always use Healing Touch when Omen of Clarity procs. Regrowth heals nowhere near HT, even if it crits (let alone if HT crits, which is a fucking beast).

Regrowth is extremely broken, in a bad way. I still haven't found a good way of using this except for situations like "Oh shit, this guy is one second from dying, fast heal inc!". And even then, it feels as if Reju + SM would seem like a better thing to use, if you've put point into Swift Rejuvenation.

Wild Growth sucks. In fact, that whole part of the talent tree sucks IMO. 6k mana for something that heals so little % to party members seems like such a waste. I'd rather prefer people standing in my SM AoE while I Reju everyone up (much more efficient).

Tree form is situational and yet I've never found a good place to use it. I currently hate it at the current state. Instant Regrowth? Yay, OoM in less than 8 seconds. LB procs on another member? Who the hell cares, LB alone doesn't save your party. Wrath/Roots? LAWL. Come the fuck on.

Yoshichan

HarryDemeanor said:
Best to worst Cata heroic dungeons?
Blackrock Caverns 5/5
Difficult (although sometimes maybe a bit too hard). Fun. Every class has an important role :)

Throne of Tides 4/5
Very good stuff, but the graphics makes this 4/5 instead of a 3 :lol

The Stonecore 3/5
First boss is too hard, but the rest of the instance is good shit.

Halls of Origination 3/5
Not too hard, not too easy. A lot of fun.

Grim Batol 2/5
Boring, not difficult.

Vortex Pinnacle 1/5
Should be taken away from Cataclysm. Completely.

Flib

I like Grim Batol on normal, but I haven't done it on heroic.

Vortex Pinnacle, while not the most exciting dungeon, is gorgeous enough that I don't mind it.

Flib

Lost City is attractive, pretty short and not too difficult.

Vortex Pinnacle's problem is that it's buggy and really easy. You don't really have to pay attention to the boss mechanics, other than the grounding triangle on the last boss. Absolutely jaw-droppingly gorgeous though.

Fredescu

Question about hacked accounts. I deactivated my account in July, but a couple of days ago I got a notice that it was suspended. I emailed billing to try to find out how my account could be active again when the cancellation notice specifically says all billing information is removed from the account. Also, the billing history says my one month recurring billing plan that began in July is active, when it was most certainly cancelled. So I'd kinda like to know if they plan on billing me, or if a charge is going to end up on a card somewhere unexpectedly.

They respond back to that by saying "Ok, yes, we can restore your characters". Then I get a bunch of emails about each character being restored and with how much gold etc.

I don't want my characters restored, I want to know the answer to my billing questions. Does anyone here know? If an inactive account gets hacked, how do they activate it without anything showing up on your account history? Shouldn't it be listed there?

wow, if they dont fix vortex, then its a big shame. It's easily the most beautiful place in all of WoW. Just look at the clouds:eek:

and why dont azeroth get those clouds? update the skybox blizzard. :( please for the love of my mother!

I got the raptor on my Hunter today. It only took like 5 or 6 kills. I think the raptor's drop rate is much higher than the tiger's.

WoWScrnShot_101010_160520.jpg

notworksafe

Fredescu said:
Question about hacked accounts. I deactivated my account in July, but a couple of days ago I got a notice that it was suspended. I emailed billing to try to find out how my account could be active again when the cancellation notice specifically says all billing information is removed from the account. Also, the billing history says my one month recurring billing plan that began in July is active, when it was most certainly cancelled. So I'd kinda like to know if they plan on billing me, or if a charge is going to end up on a card somewhere unexpectedly.

They respond back to that by saying "Ok, yes, we can restore your characters". Then I get a bunch of emails about each character being restored and with how much gold etc.

I don't want my characters restored, I want to know the answer to my billing questions. Does anyone here know? If an inactive account gets hacked, how do they activate it without anything showing up on your account history? Shouldn't it be listed there?
Hacked accounts are often paid with stolen credit cards or Paypal accounts. Most likely you won't get charged at all, since they probably ripped off some other poor shmuck to get their info.

Yoshichan

notworksafe said:
Why so low? What's bad about it?
Wrath of the Lich King-difficulty.
Trash is boring.
Bosses are incomplete imo.

Graphics = AMAZING though.

notworksafe

Fredescu said:
I figured as much, but shouldn't it show up in your billing history anyway?
On my Battle.net home page there's a section on the left side called "Payment Details" that shows my credit card. Does yours not have that? Maybe they used a stolen game card or something, so it's not saving any info.

EDIT: Or maybe Blizz removed the info when they found out it was stolen.

Fredescu

notworksafe said:
On my Battle.net home page there's a section on the left side called "Payment Details". Does yours not have that?
Yep, "There are currently no forms of payment associated with your account". Which is good. When I click WoW and choose View Account History, it shows a one month recurring billing plan active from a date prior to my cancelling it. If someone put in a stolen credit card number or something, I would have thought you'd see a new (and inactive perhaps) billing plan in the list.

Flib

Every class is pretty fast to level now, especially since the traditionally slower classes usually can heal or dps, so you can just jump in the dungeon finder.

Cata cements that Blizzard has far and away the best art design of any game studio. Seriously to the point where it's not even fair to compare them.

Flib said:
Every class is pretty fast to level now, especially since the traditionally slower classes usually can heal or dps, so you can just jump in the dungeon finder.

Cata cements that Blizzard has far and away the best art design of any game studio. Seriously to the point where it's not even fair to compare them.
Dungeon Finder?

God damn that just flew over my head.. lmfao. Well guess I will go Hunter I assume since I want to solo a decent amount I'm sure.

Flib

You can just queue up and get teleported to a random dungeon with a group. No need to spam trade and put one together, and it's cross server.

Garryk

Is there any point in still doing inscription research before Cataclysm? Are they changing the ways scribes learn new glyphs?

Yoshichan

Garryk said:
Is there any point in still doing inscription research before Cataclysm? Are they changing the ways scribes learn new glyphs?
Glyphs will cost a lot in Cataclysm just because they're permanent... I like the people who're buying them right now :lol I hope they'll erase them!

Sciz

Yoshichan said:
Glyphs will cost a lot in Cataclysm just because they're permanent... I like the people who're buying them right now :lol I hope they'll erase them!
No need to spite us smart and savvy buyers for being ahead of the curve.

Tamanon

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Hunters after the Cata changes will probably be the fastest to level right?

Arent they the fastest to level anyways?

I wouldn't be surprised if Rogues and Warriors aren't the fastest levelers after Cata, if only because they added self-heals.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tamanon said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Rogues and Warriors aren't the fastest levelers after Cata, if only because they added self-heals.
Leveling as a warrior is pretty crazy as long as you string enemies together as a warrior and keep using victory rush. Really encourages sort of a frenetic pace.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yoshichan said:
Wrath of the Lich King-difficulty.
Trash is boring.
Bosses are incomplete imo.

Graphics = AMAZING though.
WLK difficulty isn't a particularly informative metric in reality; they were harder when you had quest greens and blues.

Dance In My Blood said:
Leveling as a warrior is pretty crazy as long as you string enemies together as a warrior and keep using victory rush. Really encourages sort of a frenetic pace.
I noticed the rogues new skill that allows heals.. obtainable at 12.. pretty nice.

Warriors I had no idea about. Not sure if I will like them though.. Seems kinda boring :X

speedpop said:
It took me 3 quick dungeon runs as a Priest to get from 36 to 38 with heirlooms. Quite ridiculous.

So I have no heirlooms.. I'm pretty much fucked arent i? :(

Yoshichan

Angry Grimace said:
WLK difficulty isn't a particularly informative metric in reality; they were harder when you had quest greens and blues.
WLK heroics difficulty with 264 gear.

And I'm serious. It's that bad.

Edit: Liking the fact that you can see the guild level when they recruit you :D

c4aj0.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TurtleSnatcher said:
I noticed the rogues new skill that allows heals.. obtainable at 12.. pretty nice.

Warriors I had no idea about. Not sure if I will like them though.. Seems kinda boring :X

So I have no heirlooms.. I'm pretty much fucked arent i? :(
It's a max of 25% XP.

Don't freak.

Priests

Wow, I never really noticed how much Disc sucks now. PW:S's shields are cruddy and PW:B is a 3m long cooldown.

PatzCU

Just transferred my paladin to my friend's alliance server (I was horde) in preparation for Cata. I'm getting stoked for wow again. Looking forward to the class overhauls this Tuesday.

Reallllly looking forward to rated BGs, guild leveling, and the new 10man raid setups.

WoW has steadily become more casual as my free time steadily decreases and I love it.

Magnus

PatzCU said:
Reallllly looking forward to rated BGs, guild leveling, and the new 10man raid setups.

WoW has steadily become more casual as my free time steadily decreases and I love it.

This x10000.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I didn't know the raptor boss was so easy to solo.... on my 5.1GS DK in tank gear I stayed 90-100% health the whole time.

Gonna try tiger now.

I'm dumb for not farming these mounts a long time ago...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Oh god, the tiger boss was like a 10 minute fight.

I tried killing them one by one. Didn't work. In different places cause I remember that as a raid strat. Didn't work. I tried killing them then interrupting the resurrection. Didn't work. Finally realized I should get them all to low health them AOE them down at once.

Thank you deep blood for easily keeping me alive the whole time.

Alex

Yoshichan said:
Talk for yourself! Resto druid, no mana Wrath and instant Starfires! Hell yeah

That's not braggable when the actual healing throughput on the Resto Druid is probably down at the bottom with Holy Paladin, although at least Holy Paladin can bust some cooldowns and deal with situations.

Shaman and Disc are probably the most powerful. The word powerful shouldn't be used in conjunction with any healing spec at the moment though, since powerful usually means a couple of fluke tools, a slightly larger eyedropper to fill the gigantic swimming pool of tank health and OOMing in 35 seconds of stress rather than 30.

And Holy/Disc have Evangelism, this video was just thrown up by someone to make a point. Healing specs are beyond garbage on the beta, and that's in controlled PvE, let alone PvP or old content or anything on the side for fun. Why not just bring back the BC model? It was perfectly great.

Yoshichan

Alex said:
That's not braggable when the actual healing throughput on the Resto Druid is probably down at the bottom with Holy Paladin, although at least Holy Paladin can bust some cooldowns and deal with situations.
Shut up. I'm not listening.

I knew this 3 months ago.

:(

Alex

I'm just bitching extra since now I'm deciding what heirlooms to buy for what DPS I want to play.

Granted, I don't think healing will be this bad once they go live, but it's so insanely punishing, marginalized and unfun that I don't see the point in risking anything.

Plus if I just leave my Priest and Druid at 80, they'll be stronger than if I leveled em to 85 anyway. Haha, game design!

Yoshichan

Alex said:
I'm just bitching extra since now I'm deciding what heirlooms to buy for what DPS I want to play.

Granted, I don't think healing will be this bad once they go live, but it's so insanely punishing, marginalized and unfun that I don't see the point in risking anything.

Plus if I just leave my Priest and Druid at 80, they'll be stronger than if I leveled em to 85 anyway. Haha, game design!
Yep. Though I must say, I've managed to do all the heroics as a resto druid (333 gear) and it pretty much forces everyone to play their class role perfectly. I like that.

Alex

I would agree if it was so cut and try but they really take most of the elements of healing away from the healer. That combined with just how piss weak you are really just infuriates me.

And if you got Rahj on a Resto Druid, good show! Resto really needs a second proper AoE tool now that things have changed so much. Did you have a Shadow Priest with you? It borders on the insane just how much healing some of the fucking DPS specs can put out passively.

Swag

Wanted to play a Goblin Disc Priest in Cata, but fuck that shit based off that video. I'll go Warlock or Hunter instead

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Halp pleaze.

I have a day to farm the hairlooms I want I guess...

On the PTR, I have a level 10-19 of the following classes and I'm trying to choose between them: Warlock, Paladin, Druid, Warrior, Shaman, Hunter.

They are all fun to level honestly.

The next question is how are they are 80-85 PVE and PVP. Well, I have a pre-made for all but its a big learn cruve since I never played any past 19.

Paladin is probably one not to choose because of the overabundance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom