• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the patch will I still be able to purchase the existing heirloom items for the same cost/currency? ie farm emblems with the dungeon finder

And are they adding new heirlooms?

Aesthet1c

The Lamonster said:
After the patch will I still be able to purchase the existing heirloom items for the same cost/currency? ie farm emblems with the dungeon finder

Yes, you will be able to buy them with justice points. However they are much more expensive, so if you plan on getting them, get them pre-patch. And there are new heirloom items (cape and legs I think), but I don't think they will release until cataclysm.

Evlar

Banned
The Lamonster said:

No, they are reportedly increasing the prices on heirlooms with 4.0.1. They'll be prohibitively expensive unless you're 85 and farming Cataclysm heroics.

Yes, they're adding new heirlooms, but not until Cata drops.

TomServo

I'm ready... have 2x Balanced Heartseeker (Lifestealing, +15 AGI), Stained Shadowcraft Tunic (+3 Stats), and Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders.

Will probably spend some of my 1800 Stone Keeper's Shards on a ranged heirloom and some other junk. Not sure if I want the trinket(s) or not.

Why is 4.0 coming out this week if Cata is 2 months away? Is the game balance just going to be completely borked for that time? PvP sounds completely broken right now, and PvE is only marginally better.

Just doesn't make any sense. I was hoping for more time to finish up stuff as I just started playing Wrath a month ago.

Weenerz

Banned
I have everything ready, BoA wise, except for melee trinkets and the 1h mace. Not really worried about the maces, as any shaman I make will be elemental.

notworksafe

FieryBalrog said:
Why is 4.0 coming out this week if Cata is 2 months away? Is the game balance just going to be completely borked for that time? PvP sounds completely broken right now, and PvE is only marginally better.

Just doesn't make any sense. I was hoping for more time to finish up stuff as I just started playing Wrath a month ago.
To give people the illusion of new content without actually adding things to do. Also Blizz wants time to test all this stuff and make sure it working properly on a large scale before putting out the rest of the Cata stuff.

I wouldn't call balance for PvE "broken". At the moment casters do more damage than melee, but not in such large amounts that it's "broken". And as for PvP, the Season is over anyway...so who cares? Really...who cares about WoW PvP anyway? It's been crap since Resil got added to the game.

notworksafe said:
To give people the illusion of new content without actually adding things to do. Also Blizz wants time to test all this stuff and make sure it working properly on a large scale before putting out the rest of the Cata stuff.

I wouldn't call balance for PvE "broken". At the moment casters do more damage than melee, but not in such large amounts that it's "broken". And as for PvP, the Season is over anyway...so who cares? Really...who cares about WoW PvP anyway? It's been crap since Resil got added to the game.

Well...people that pvp care about WoW pvp. I like doing AV and WSG, and if damage isn't balanced that makes it pretty unfun.

notworksafe

Meh. Wait two months and it'll all be fixed. Supposedly PvP is balanced around 85. I'm sure there will be a bandaid in the meantime.

As someone who thinks PvP (in its current form) is one of the worst things to happen to WoW, I couldn't possibly care less.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
notworksafe said:
It's been crap since Resil got added to the game.
Biggest truth I've read in this entire thread.

notworksafe said:

What about healing? I'm a healer.

notworksafe

I've only tried a few classes and specs on the PTR. Paladin in all thee specs is still fun, Enh Shaman is neat (haven't played since the earliest days of BC), Affliction Lock is overpowered but awesome, and Prot Warrior is still a ton of fun and and still has 5000 buttons to push.

My guildie who plays Priest a lot has said he is liking Holy and Shadow but not so much Disc.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FieryBalrog said:
What about healing? I'm a healer.
What do you want to know about them? They've changed, a lot, obviously.

Flib

Angry Grimace said:
So the consensus is that the "skill positions" (i.e. tanking and healing) BOTH suck to play in Cataclysm?

Doesn't really sound like a winning combo.

As for the patch size, Blizzard's made me download so much crap I'm being throttled to hell by my ISP.

Tanking is in a good place, and more fun than live. You just can't chain pull, and you have to get used to rolling cooldowns, even on trash.

It's telling though, that tanks now have longer queues than healers sometimes.

Hm, I wonder how things are going to change for my demon lock. Looks like I'll finally get to dual spec into affliction too. Does anyone know if the dual spec price drop is coming with this patch or with Cata itself?

Yoshichan

Confused101 said:
Hm, I wonder how things are going to change for my demon lock. Looks like I'll finally get to dual spec into affliction too. Does anyone know if the dual spec price drop is coming with this patch or with Cata itself?
100g after the patch tomorrow.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Evlar said:
Here's mine: Definitely use the Venerable Mass of McGowan on a prot warrior. The +Agil is far more valuable to a tank than extra crit, and once you see how much cheap damage/threat Revenge can pump out you'll have more than one reason to dodge as much as possible.
Done.

What would you dual wield as fury in PVE and PVP? Most people say 2h arms is better, but I might like the play style.

Would you put Greater Inscription of the [Axe 40 attack power and 15 critical strike rating] or [Greater Inscription of the Gladiator 30 stamina and 15 res] on PVE shoulders? I have the PVP shoulders as well with the latter.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DeathNote said:
Done.

What would you dual wield as fury in PVE and PVP? Most people say 2h arms is better, but I might like the play style.

Would you put Greater Inscription of the [Axe 40 attack power and 15 critical strike rating] or [Greater Inscription of the Gladiator 30 stamina and 15 res] on PVE shoulders? I have the PVP shoulders as well with the latter.

You cannot enchant the BOA shoulders with the PVE enchant as far as i know. I know the PVP enchant works at least, but only when you are over lvl 70.

Rapstah

Because I feel like it and I have 40 Heroism badges and 850 Stone Keeper's Shards at my disposal for heirlooms, what would be the basic items to get for a Titan's Grip DPS warrior? Shoulders and chest and what? Can't really see weapons being a great investment.

Flib

notworksafe said:
On live? Not in my BG. Which are you in?

In the beta.

Firelands raid should look cool when it eventually comes out. Here is a pic I took earlier in the hatchery area.

WoWScrnShot_101110_133825.jpg

notworksafe

Rapstah said:
Because I feel like it and I have 40 Heroism badges and 850 Stone Keeper's Shards at my disposal for heirlooms, what would be the basic items to get for a Titan's Grip DPS warrior? Shoulders and chest and what? Can't really see weapons being a great investment.
Weapons are the best investment, imo. Warriors are very, very gear dependent....especially in the weapons department. You'll save yourself a lot of time and gold upgrading if you go with the weapons. The melee trinket is also pretty sweet and will save healing/eating time between fights.

Yoshichan

Ridiculously good looking raid!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
You cannot enchant the BOA shoulders with the PVE enchant as far as i know. I know the PVP enchant works at least, but only when you are over lvl 70.
oh balls, what happens on a low level if it has the high level enchant? i guess i can test it right now

Yoshichan

DeathNote said:
oh balls, what happens on a low level if it has the high level enchant? i guess i can test it right now
The stats won't be active and the text will show up in red, saying you need to be a higher level for it to work.

notworksafe said:
Weapons are the best investment, imo. Warriors are very, very gear dependent....especially in the weapons department. You'll save yourself a lot of time and gold upgrading if you go with the weapons. The melee trinket is also pretty sweet and will save healing/eating time between fights.
Fuck :lol
I just converted 75 into what will be gold come patch day thinking that I didn't need any off the weapons! Oh well I have the lava dredger I suppose that will be ok to use if I decide to make a WAR

Zozobra

Since FFXIV hasn't been able to scratch my MMO itch, I was kinda thinking of coming back to WoW to level up my Druid.

I haven't really been following WoW very closely as of late, but I was wondering if, aside from the revamped zones, it would be better for me to wait for the expansion before I leveled him up (ie. will it be easier to level up once Cataclysm is released)?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Johnlenham said:
Fuck :lol
I just converted 75 into what will be gold come patch day thinking that I didn't need any off the weapons! Oh well I have the lava dredger I suppose that will be ok to use if I decide to make a WAR
Wut. You should be fine. The lowelest tier of emblem is used to buy heirlooms.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Zozobra said:
Since FFXIV hasn't been able to scratch my MMO itch, I was kinda thinking of coming back to WoW to level up my Druid.

I haven't really been following WoW very closely as of late, but I was wondering if, aside from the revamped zones, it would be better for me to wait for the expansion before I leveled him up (ie. will it be easier to level up once Cataclysm is released)?

Wait until the november (4.0.3) patch (the world gets destroyed, new 1-60 quests). If you think you want to be a werewolf or a goblin, wait until cataclysm.

Yoshichan

Johnlenham said:
Oh yeah! :lol totally forgot for somereason In my mind it was allready gold!
:lol @ the 4.0.1 hysteria... it's crazy, it's like the expansion is out tomorrow!

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshichan said:
:lol @ the 4.0.1 hysteria... it's crazy, it's like the expansion is out tomorrow!

well, in all honesty, tomorrow is one of the biggest changes we've seen in wow... like ever. and then we'll go through it all again in november with the next patch.

come to think of it, the actual cataclysm expansion release won't even be that exciting after these two patches. :lol (im half joking)

Yoshichan

Painraze said:
well, in all honesty, tomorrow is one of the biggest changes we've seen in wow... like ever. and then we'll go through it all again in november with the next patch.

come to think of it, the actual cataclysm expansion release won't even be that exciting after these two patches. :lol (im half joking)
Haha, yup. Though I must say, 3.3 is where it's at for me. I was close to having heart attacks the closer we came to 3.3... dungeon finder, 380 triumphs day one, first part of ICC... <3

I fucking love Blizzard.

I've run across many people leveling as a prot warrior in the beta for Vengeance and the self healing benefits, but most of the ones I've talked to said they don't tank heroics/normal dungeons.

It'll be interesting to see how dps react to the changes tomorrow in raids. Trash pulls revolve around mass aoe, and I'm kinda looking forward to watching our Rogues get shitcanned.

Yoshichan

DeathNote said:
I think they did that so you could KILL her. :D Or else it'd been an NPC.
:(

Yazus

tQtwG.jpg

I laughed so hard at the Lady Lala pic that I delivered this to counter. This is why wow is so awesome ahaha :lol :lol

Those of you going to BlizzCon, Tenacious D will be your musical entertainment this year.

Blizzard said:
TENACIOUS D LIVE IN CONCERT AT BLIZZCON® 2010

Jack Black and Kyle Gass to entertain a sold-out crowd during closing ceremony of Blizzard Entertainment’s epic gaming festival.

IRVINE, CA. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that the greatest band in the world*, Tenacious D, will perform at the closing concert during this year’s sold-out BlizzCon®. Taking place October 22-23 at the Anaheim Convention Center, BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment’s Warcraft®, Diablo®, and StarCraft® game universes. While tickets to the convention are currently sold out, viewers can watch at home by ordering a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, offering over 50 hours of event coverage (including Tenacious D’s performance) globally over the Internet and also on DIRECTV® in the United States.

Tenacious D is made up of musical visionaries Jack Black and Kyle Gass. After forming in 1994, the duo rose to rock god-dom following the release of the HBO cult-hit series Tenacious D: The Greatest Band on Earth. Since then, Tenacious D has released two albums and a pair of live DVDs, sold out arenas around the world, and starred in their own feature-length movie, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny. At the BlizzCon closing ceremony on October 23, the band will perform an earth-shattering set that includes the debut of new, soon-to-be-legendary songs.

“The best way to wrap up two days of epic entertainment is with an epic rock concert—and few bands fit the bill like Tenacious D,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re looking forward to a great show and can’t wait to see what Jack and Kyle have in store for everyone attending BlizzCon and watching from home.”

In addition to serving as a gathering place for the Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, BlizzCon will have an array of activities, including discussion panels, competitive and casual tournaments, contests, hands-on playtime with current and upcoming Blizzard Entertainment games, and more. Viewers at home can order a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket for $39.95 USD, available as a multi-channel Internet stream around the world (pricing and availability may vary by region) and also via DIRECTV in the United States. Visit www.blizzcon.com for more details and ordering information.

To keep pace with the continued growth of World of Warcraft as well as development on other Blizzard Entertainment games, the company is currently hiring for numerous open positions. More information on available career opportunities can be found at us.blizzard.com/jobs. As BlizzCon draws closer, further details about the show will be announced at www.blizzcon.com.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
oh god, my iphone is dead. it's hard to get it to charge when it completely dies. i guess the voltage chip is messed up or something. might not be able to heirloom farm tonight. :lol :(

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
oh god, my iphone is dead. it's hard to get it to charge when it completely dies. i guess the voltage chip is messed up or something. might not be able to heirloom farm tonight. :lol :(
Did you save your serial number? You can call up Blizz and ask them to remove it if you know the serial number. I keep mine saved in a google doc for this exact reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom