• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vigilant Walrus said:
Yeah I am all for the individualism, but when trade districts are just blocked my massive flying dragons you cant see anything. It doesn't feel like the cool over the top fantasy anymore. it's just polygons and particle effects smashed into each other.
True, but most of those people won't actually be on the ground.

Entropia

No One Remembers
J-Rzez said:
Me and my guildies were discussing who's going after what reputations we're not exalted with. I got picked to do "The Defilers", great... :lol

Honestly, depending how good Horde is in your BG it shouldn't be that difficult. Heck get some pre-mades going if you can and start curb stompin'

speedpop said:
Just let people fly in Ironforge and it will be fine. If they can allow people to fly around Undercity, then I see no reason why the Dwarven capital can't receive the flying mount treatment since they're essentially built in the same manner (circle).

I used to keep my bank alt at Ironforge simply because Stormwind was always the most crowded due to RP.

I would prefer they would actually do something to Darnassus and Exodar. Why not? There are no neutral hub cities. its back to the main city races. But Darnassus is horrible. Nobody wants to be there. its ugly, it has annyoing music, whats there to do? its useless. they should just have goblins nuke the entire place, and make a wasteland!

its too bad because the idea is cool, with massive trees, with people living in them. Like Ewoks from star wars.

Xabora

notworksafe said:
They are changing Darn to add Worgen stuff. Not sure if anything else is being added or changed.
Darn has changed quite a bit and the Worgen have their own Tree there.

Tamanon

Banned
Hmm, been a little while since a beta build, especially since they did a profession pass. Wonder if that's coming soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vigilant Walrus said:
I would prefer they would actually do something to Darnassus and Exodar. Why not? There are no neutral hub cities. its back to the main city races. But Darnassus is horrible. Nobody wants to be there. its ugly, it has annyoing music, whats there to do? its useless. they should just have goblins nuke the entire place, and make a wasteland!

its too bad because the idea is cool, with massive trees, with people living in them. Like Ewoks from star wars.
The biggest problem with Darnassus is it's location. It's located in a place that's inconvenient to everything.

Exodar's problem is similar, but add in the fact that it's difficult to navigate.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Draeneis need to repair the Exodar and move the ship to south Kalimdor, so that Alliance can actually have easy access to that part of the world.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Since i've been paying no attention to this expansion i just watched a bit of that muffins presents part 3 - uldum, twilight highlands and instances video that's on the front of mmo-champ.

Holy shit at uldum. *goes off to pre-order* :lol

This looks outstanding. I'm about to watch his other 2 videos of eastern kingdom and kalimdor. I think i've been sucked back in by video footage.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
How does tanking look in cataclysm? It's the only style / class i haven't really played in the game and i thought about making a warrior come the expansion. I don't see myself as an MT for any 10/25 man guild at all really. I wouldn't mind logging on and just tanking a 5 man then going back to do other things.

Would a warrior be a decent choice or are there better class choices when it comes to tanking in cataclysm?

Tacitus_

J-Rzez said:
Me and my guildies were discussing who's going after what reputations we're not exalted with. I got picked to do "The Defilers", great... :lol

Beats Warsong Outriders, you only get rep for every flag caught :|

Bisnic

evlcookie said:
How does tanking look in cataclysm? It's the only style / class i haven't really played in the game and i thought about making a warrior come the expansion. I don't see myself as an MT for any 10/25 man guild at all really. I wouldn't mind logging on and just tanking a 5 man then going back to do other things.

Would a warrior be a decent choice or are there better class choices when it comes to tanking in cataclysm?

Warriors are awesome for 5 mans! I even have 2 prot warriors lvl 80, one on each faction, since i love them this much. All the charges & interrupts & big nasty damage attacks are great for tanking. <3 Revenge crits. Some might say they suck at AOE threat, but i don't have any trouble to be honest, unless some dumbass DPS throw all his DPS before i even have the time to use Thunderclap.

I have no idea how they are in Cataclysm though. I think i've heard some people crying about them, but then again, people QQ all the time in WoW.

TheFallen

So I've been considering playing again after 2 years. A co-worker of mine has gotten me interested once again. I stopped playing after clearing Mount Hyjal, several months before WotLK. I've got three 70s decked out (Prot Paladin, Dest Warlock, Feral Druid). Obviously it's been a long time so what they've got probably means nothing to you guys. :lol

Anyway... do you guys have any tips or suggestions for people just now getting back into the game after so long? I was pretty hardcore about playing back then, but this time around I can only afford to give a couple hours a few nights a week. What should I expect? Sounds like everything is so different.

Alex

Better to wait until at least 4.0.3 to restart if you wish. Total old world redesign, it'll probably come in like November.

Weenerz

Banned
I am rerolling when Cataclysm releases. Will be transferring my DK to the server I move to with gold and my heirloom items.

Alex

TheFallen said:
So I've been considering playing again after 2 years. A co-worker of mine has gotten me interested once again. I stopped playing after clearing Mount Hyjal, several months before WotLK. I've got three 70s decked out (Prot Paladin, Dest Warlock, Feral Druid). Obviously it's been a long time so what they've got probably means nothing to you guys. :lol

Anyway... do you guys have any tips or suggestions for people just now getting back into the game after so long? I was pretty hardcore about playing back then, but this time around I can only afford to give a couple hours a few nights a week. What should I expect? Sounds like everything is so different.

Are you planning on coming back and trying to make a serious push to see things now, or are you just waiting for Cataclysm?

I just came back myself after about a year and some change lull, cleared Ulduar then stopped. Even in this short time some of the framework changes have taken me aback. I'm mostly just getting some heirlooms (bind on account items made for leveling alts, have +exp on them) and running some various old content for gold, currently so I can get a bit of a head up.

Leveling up anew will be a wacky experience for me in Cataclysm with the Dungeon Finder and EXP from Battlegrounds/gathering.

TheFallen

Alex said:
Are you planning on coming back and trying to make a serious push to see things now, or are you just waiting for Cataclysm?

I just came back myself after about a year and some change lull, cleared Ulduar then stopped. Even in this short time some of the framework changes have taken me aback. I'm mostly just getting some heirlooms (bind on account items made for leveling alts, have +exp on them) and running some various old content for gold, currently so I can get a bit of a head up.

Leveling up anew will be a wacky experience for me in Cataclysm with the Dungeon Finder and EXP from Battlegrounds/gathering.
Well, I wouldn't be making a serious push until Cataclysm. I'm planning on just leveling my 70s to 80. Run some instances and getting used to all the new changes. Maybe a little bit of the level 80 content before Cata. I'm used to the old hardcore playstyle, but don't intend on doing that again. Basically going for an experience similar to yours. I want to prepare myself for Cataclysm. I don't need Icecrown gear or whatever the best stuff is to do that.

I may play a Goblin Deathknight in Cata for a bit, but that's gonna be an alt that I spend very little time with.

Alex

Running instances at 80 at the moment won't get you too familiar with much. The content philosophies they originally had when shipping Wrath have been reverted back closer to Burning Crusade for Cata, though the class selection is nowhere as strict as BC and the changes to healing and tanking models and DPS responsibility sure throw it in a loop.

Alex said:

Wow same situation as you (18 months off). How did you get into Ulduar runs? Guildies? I'm just now geared up for Ulduar and I've been back 2 months. Yet PUGs have ridiculous Gearscore reqs and my guild is more social than raiding. :(

I wish you could join more than one guild. I'd hate to desert my buddies, but they lack raiding teeth for a 5+ year guild.

Alex

Oh, I did Ulduar before I quit, sorry for not being clear. I only do guild stuff, I cannot stand pugging raids. =/

Alex said:
Oh, I did Ulduar before I quit, sorry for not being clear. I only do guild stuff, I cannot stand pugging raids. =/

Ah gotcha. Don't blame you about PUG raiding. Tons of bad experiences here.

I'm making headway into a decent regular run with some decent folks in the same bed as I am (non raid guilds). Crossing my fingers. Helps that I'm a healer now, I'll tell you.

I got Swift Zulian Tiger last Thursday.
WoWScrnShot_100810_153939.jpg

I'm at 114 mounts now. I farmed for that thing every reset for about 9 months. Riding it around is about the most fun I'm having with the game right now. I've mostly been logging in for about 5 minutes in between games of L4D (got it during the sale). Hardly anyone logs on unless it's for raid. I would really love a beta invite about now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why'd the ZG mounts have to be so fucking rare... ugh.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well....i got the giant sewer rat without actually having to try and get it during my fishing daily.

woot.

Randy

Vigilant Walrus said:
this is not related to WoW, but Darkfall, but I simply had to post this... Bashur is one of the best video game commentary people on youtube, because he has such a strange voice(watch all his other videos where he narrates as he plays):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-0b1uNtZ0&feature=sub

That was awesome!

Ontopic: Really looking forward to Cata. Playing through ICC just made me realize how greatly Blizz has underdelivered in terms of final epicness in the WotLK expansion.

Just raided TOC 10 last night with a pug. First raid I've ever completed (had done some half clears of Karazahn back in the day).

Was pretty fun. I also just joined a 10 man ICC raiding guild so we'll see how that goes.

I gotta say, the obsession with gear score is pretty annoying in modern WoW (I just resubbed a month ago after 3 years of not playing).

Bisnic

FieryBalrog said:
Just raided TOC 10 last night with a pug. First raid I've ever completed (had done some half clears of Karazahn back in the day).

Was pretty fun. I also just joined a 10 man ICC raiding guild so we'll see how that goes.

I gotta say, the obsession with gear score is pretty annoying in modern WoW (I just resubbed a month ago after 3 years of not playing).

deal-with-it.gif

It sucks yeah, but there's nothing really we can do about this but laugh at people with a better Gearscore than yours, but still doing less DPS than you.

Gotta love those DPS with 5.5k Gearscore doing less DPS than my prot warrior.

ampere

FieryBalrog said:
I use WoW Heroes instead for checking people out.

Average item level is only one factor, bad gemming, bad speccing, presence of pvp gear, those are the biggest offenders.
A hunter with expertise gear? :lol Trust me, I've seen them. I had a hunter quit a raid when I refused to give him the Rotface 25 expertise ring just because he won the roll :lol

I see.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil'jaeden&cn=Vasundhara

Got any critiques of my gemming/enchanting/gear?

I'm using a couple of PvP pieces (cloak, cuffs, neck) because they seem a lot better in terms of stats than the PvE stuff I can get with triumph or from heroic drops, even if resilience is a wasted state in PvE and theres too much stam.

I did go with a couple of blue gems on my lower tier pieces because I'm saving up 5K for epic flying and constantly spending money on gems to regem sucks. However I don't really know what I should be gemming for and have mostly done yellow = haste, red = spell power and blue = spirit, with some exceptions.

ciaossu said:
I use WoW Heroes instead for checking people out.

Average item level is only one factor, bad gemming, bad speccing, presence of pvp gear, those are the biggest offenders.
A hunter with expertise gear? :lol Trust me, I've seen them. I had a hunter quit a raid when I refused to give him the Rotface 25 expertise ring just because he won the roll :lol
Good God:lol
Looks like our guilds decided that raids are done if the patch drops Tuesday so I guess ill be trying to get the red proto drake or something.

notworksafe

My guild is planning two raids next week. One to get everyone used to their new class stuff and one where we are saved on LK for the 4-5 people that still need the KS title. After that...I doubt there will be much more raiding.

Swag

Gonna use one of my 10 day guest passes I got with SC2 LE to test out class changes so I don't waste money on the resub

I'm cheap

notworksafe said:
My guild is planning two raids next week. One to get everyone used to their new class stuff and one where we are saved on LK for the 4-5 people that still need the KS title. After that...I doubt there will be much more raiding.
Oh yeah mon/tue is sindy/lk but I have little faith we will actually get past sindy after last time :lol
I want to see Ulduar as a tank aswell and actually get past the general!

Oh have Ej or whoever come up with a rotation for Blood Tanking yet? as i all well and good learning it again as a dps,you cant kill anyone but as a tank I could kill everyone on the first pull!

Milpool

Sebulon3k said:
Gonna use one of my 10 day guest passes I got with SC2 LE to test out class changes so I don't waste money on the resub

I'm cheap

You can test right now on the PTR, account doesn't need to be active. Unless you mean you want to test it live/final.

Swag

Milpool said:
You can test right now on the PTR, account doesn't need to be active. Unless you mean you want to test it live/final.

Oh didn't know this, will download the ptr client now.

Xabora

Bisnic said:
deal-with-it.gif

It sucks yeah, but there's nothing really we can do about this but laugh at people with a better Gearscore than yours, but still doing less DPS than you.

Gotta love those DPS with 5.5k Gearscore doing less DPS than my prot warrior.
I normally bash people saying gearscore is all that matters, only for them to say I have a low gearscore myself.

ok so I havent played WoW in forever

Is there a quickie writeup somewhere of what is being added this week? All my friends saying big cata changes are coming this week and I have no clue what they are talking about :lol

Angry Grimace

I think everyone's going to like reforging more than they realize they will.

No longer will you have to expensively fret about when you go 100 over the hit/expertise cap because you can just reforge those ratings. It's a really great idea on Blizzard's part when you look at the potential.

The only thing I wish they would do is allow you to reforge Agility into Strength on 1H weapons so that more classes can use weapons; but I guess that the addition of Fury Warrior 1Hers kind of solves that problem.

J-Rzez

TurtleSnatcher said:
ok so I havent played WoW in forever

Is there a quickie writeup somewhere of what is being added this week? All my friends saying big cata changes are coming this week and I have no clue what they are talking about :lol

New stat system
New skill trees
New currency system

And that's the grunt of the changes. There is a bit of depth to it, so you're best bet if interested is sifting through the front page new of MMO-Champion to see them all.

notworksafe

Also

New UI
New Guild stuff
New Glyph system
Reforging (change stats on gear)

Reforging is fantastic, by the way. Because the Prot Paladin Mastery is +block chance I was able to reforge some extra Parry (1.5%-ish) and Dodge (5%-ish) into +20% chance to block. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom