• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
it's only two hours so far isn't it? i wouldn't get the torches and pitchforks out quite yet.

lets see if their servers reboot first :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I forgot that Demo Warlocks get Felguard off the bat at level 10. No idea what spec I will use for leveling now.

cdyhybrid

cdyhybrid said:
Is there any reason whatsoever to resub before Cata? I have two level 80 characters (War and DK) but the main reason I would be resubbing would be to level a Goblin Rogue, which I obviously would have to wait for. I quit a few weeks before ICC went live, so I probably don't have any guild or "friends" still playing.

Anyone? :(

I obviously won't be able to get any extra heirlooms to help prepare for Cata now that the patch has gone through, but I already had a bunch of the leather ones so I'm not too worried (although I'm going to go Assassination, so I wish I had the Heartseekers instead of the Sacred Charge heirlooms). This patch doesn't really introduce anything content-wise, right? Or at least things I can do solo/small group that will help me prepare for Cata?

Aurarian

Angry Grimace said:
Maintenance "extended."

It's actually Blizzard's own fault by this point. They're like a deadbeat dad that just makes lots of promises they can't keep. Nobody would really blame them if they said, "servers should be down all day." So why do they bother to always give a time they can't actually meet?

I don't really understand it either. I'd rather they just tell us that we're gonna try to get it up at that time or overshot the time that it might take so no one gets surprised if it actually takes that long. I guess I'll just catch up on more 30Rock S4.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
cdyhybrid said:

I obviously won't be able to get any extra heirlooms to help prepare for Cata now that the patch has gone through, but I already had a bunch of the leather ones so I'm not too worried (although I'm going to go Assassination, so I wish I had the Heartseekers instead of the Sacred Charge heirlooms). This patch doesn't really introduce anything content-wise, right? Or at least things I can do solo/small group that will help me prepare for Cata?
Up to you really. Some people are simply resubbing to get back in the groove of things since the gameplay systems are being thrown out the window etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Just like clockwork.
Well, we all predicted it. I can't play until 5 PM anyways since I'm at school. I don't know why they don't give more conservative estimates, though. Maybe they LIKE arguing on their forums. :lol

Painraze said:
it's only two hours so far isn't it? i wouldn't get the torches and pitchforks out quite yet.

lets see if their servers reboot first :lol
That's not the point; nobody is upset because nobody ever believed Blizzard was going to have anything done by 12PM in the first place.

Flib

I'm interested to try out DK tanking again. I could never really get into it compared to my other tanks, so maybe these changes will be more to my liking.

Probably not though :lol

Angry Grimace said:
Well, we all predicted it. I can't play until 5 PM anyways since I'm at school. I don't know why they don't give more conservative estimates, though. Maybe they LIKE arguing on their forums. :lol

That's not the point; nobody is upset because nobody ever believed Blizzard was going to have anything done by 12PM in the first place.

After the Vanilla days of week to month long bouts of the servers taking a shit every couple hours after a major content patch, as well as servers being down for most of the day, none of this really bothers me.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
cdyhybrid said:

well... you might as well start working on some respecs for your characters since blizzard has changed all the classes. then you can run through some heroics to test them out. also there should be some pre-cata events leading up to december.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This is quite possibly the slowest patch download ever... I went up ~16% over an hour. At 38% right now.

I can't wait to get on. I already got my spec sorted out for my Shaman.

I made a huge fuckup last night though. I was using cloth legs/boots, so I crafted up the mail pieces. When I put the legs on I noticed my hit was something ridiculous like 167.... then I realized the mail crafted leggings don't have hit on them. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU

Atomski

pretty excited for all the changes. Havent played in a few months and havent been keeping up with the new stuff. Not even sure what character I will want to play.

PatzCU

Yeeeeeeeeeee! Can't wait to get home and try out the new Holy Paladin. Hopefully It's so different I'll be wiping on heroics.

From the sounds of it it's a good thing I don't get home until 9pm.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can't wait to get at home and see at 5pm:

The maintenance has been extended, it should be up by 6pm

Then

The maintenance has been extended, it should be up by 7:30pm

Then

The maintenance has been extended, it should be up by 9pm

Then

The maintenance has been extended, it should be up by 11pm

And finally

The maintenance has been extended, it should be up by 2am

J-Rzez

Blizzard said:
All Realms will be down for the foreseeable future, fuck all y'all.

I would actually laugh if I got that message in the update, and, it would be more realistic than their current system of "guesstimates".

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
I would actually laugh if I got that message in the update, and, it would be more realistic than their current system of "guesstimates".
They should have just said 24 hours of downtime. Then people could be blown away when they came up earlier.

But this being the biggest patch they've done so far...I'll cut Blizz some slack.

Atomski

Does this patch have the battlegroup change? Like its going to be one big battlegroup?

I am hoping that will fix the que times on my server. Its like a 15 to 20 minute wait back when I quit.

Evlar

Banned
Went to the apartment over my lunch hour and started the patch, it only got half through the first installation step before I had to head back to work. I'm probably looking at another hour or two of patching when I get home.

notworksafe

Evlar said:
Went to the apartment over my lunch hour and started the patch, it only got half through the first installation step before I had to head back to work. I'm probably looking at another hour or two of patching when I get home.
Actually the new launcher IS the patcher. So it'll go right to downloading and installing if you left it running.

Evlar

Banned
notworksafe said:
Actually the new launcher IS the patcher. So it'll go right to downloading and installing if you left it running.
I'm expecting Windows 7 will halt it to ask for permission at some point in the process.

Aurarian

This is something I got from the thread on tankspot.

PROT SPECS for level 80.
The Basic http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZhZfbGdRRodbu
I played a little with a premade character on PTR and in heroics, I felt like I didn't have enough rage. However, rage as prot besides a set amount gained from auto attacks scales with the amount of HP you got and my tank on live has about 6k more HP then the premade and this is without the changes to gear so it would probably be better with the patch. They said they were trying to make it not so dependent on scaling. =/

You want more rage? http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZhZcrGdRRodbu
The only difference between here and the above spec is that the two points have been moved from incite which isn't really that great anyways to shield spec for more rage generation.

Safeguard http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZhZcbGdRRodru
Safeguard has become a more interesting talent due to the Intervene change which doesn't give a minimum of eight yards in order for you to use it and would probably be quite useful on certain encounters. Someone likened it to a pain suppression.

Moar threat is moar better http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZobZfbGdRRodbu
This takes out two points in blood craze and adds it to cruelty. To be honest I've always thought that cruelty kinda sucks for protection, I think most would take the two points in blood craze even though I think it's kinda mediocre as well but much better than cruelty

Moar threat is moar better (with rage) http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZobZfMGdRRodbu
Same as above but it takes out points out of BnT and puts them into Shield Spec for more rage.

I'm already thinking of making a rend/tc macro for that although I don't know if there are more gains to having BnT(I doubt it).

LowParry

Alright. Blood DK question/observation:

Most of this info I've got off EJ. To start with the talent:

Scent of Blood
More RP is more damage, and that’s all it comes down to… the big disclaimer being that Scent of Blood requires you to get hit for it to proc. On a fight where you take the occasional unavoidable and nonlethal melee swing, SoB is free dps. Unfortunately, those fights are rather rare. Your call.

This would go under the lines of this build: http://wowtal.com/#k=Yf9INht.a5o.deathknight.WPfNE

But as it states, as a tank you want to avoid being hit. But you're still going to be through raids. But there is a post stating that the self healing of the DK generates threat. So you could replace the 2 points of SoB into Blood Parasite for the healing. So which of the two would be the better threat generator?

Edit: This build leaves the last two points available for either talent: http://wowtal.com/#k=YfQDH6Y1.a5o.deathknight.WPfNE

cdyhybrid

Based on my quick research, it appears that the Argent Tourney Heirlooms are staying the same cost. Is this true? If so, I might just resub now and grind to Crusader for those Heartseekers.

notworksafe

cdyhybrid said:
Based on my quick research, it appears that the Argent Tourney Heirlooms are staying the same cost. Is this true? If so, I might just resub now and grind to Crusader for those Heartseekers.
Yep. Same price...just gotta do the grind.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Wait we can start downloading the patch now? I'm a little confused, this is my first huge patch for WoW.
Sure can! Just boot up your WoW launcher and let it do its work! My game is already patched and ready to go.

Aurarian

SquirrelNuckle said:
Wait we can start downloading the patch now? I'm a little confused, this is my first huge patch for WoW.

Depending on your settings, it should already have downloaded some. If you want to do so, then just go to your WoW folder and open up the downloader.

EDIT: GRRRRR

LowParry

SquirrelNuckle said:

The download has been available for the past few weeks. I'm already installed and ready to go.

Evlar

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
First, if you've been playing WoW over the past few weeks you probably have about 4.7GB of the patch downloaded already. It's done through the background downloader running at night. Second, if you run the WoW client right now it will download a little extra, then run a looong installation process, then download another 1.4 GB or so, then run the patching engine again. Don't wait.

Rapstah

cdyhybrid said:
Ugh. Resubbed. God help me.
Yogg-Saron_Blizzard_com.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom