• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

C'thun is the shining beacon in the darkness that was vanilla raiding. I mean Naxx 60 was good (WAY better than Naxx 80) but C'thun was a total game changer.

I think Firefighter Mimiron is my favorite though, but then again I missed out on Sunwell and ToC/ICC, so I've hardly got full experience.

Alex said:
C'thun is the shining beacon in the darkness that was vanilla raiding. I mean Naxx 60 was good (WAY better than Naxx 80) but C'thun was a total game changer.

I think Firefighter Mimiron is my favorite though, but then again I missed out on Sunwell and ToC/ICC, so I've hardly got full experience.

Twin Emps was a pretty stellar fight too, man. Killed my first vanilla guild back in the day.

C'thun trash was the most god awful thing in the game though.

Yeah, the twins and C'thun are great but look what you have to do to get there. Annoying trash and Huhurape which requires drops from Maraudon. My guild in vanilla killed everything up to the worm in there before collapsing.

J-Rzez

4pm PDT is their new "guesstimate". :lol

Can't wait to get blown up in PVP by ranged though. Increased spell damage, new abilities, and resiliency nerfed = lol melee.

McNei1y

cdyhybrid said:
Ugh. Resubbed. God help me.

Excellent!

funkmastergeneral said:
Twin Emps was a pretty stellar fight too, man. Killed my first vanilla guild back in the day.

Twin Emps were amazing. My top 3 boss battles along with Vael (hard to choose. BWL is amazing) and Cthun.

I was able to tank mobs for the first time on C'thun trash! (I was a resto Druid)

I don't know about BWL. It had annoying trash as well as being a LOS fest. Only good fights are Broodlord, Vael, and Nef. Everything else was hide behind this wall and don't let him look at you.

McNei1y

Dr. Pangloss said:
I don't know about BWL. It had annoying trash as well as being a LOS fest. Only good fights are Broodlord, Vael, and Nef. Everything else was hide behind this wall and don't let him look at you.

True. Chromaggus was a difficult fight. Taking the time lapse stuff, etc etc. He was intimidating.

Shit, looking at all these new spells and stuff is making me confused. I feel like I'm going to be wandering around for a few hours trying to figure out how all this stuff is going to work.

Alex

funkmastergeneral said:

Agreed, C'thun trash and Freya trash are good examples of what NOT to do, IMO.

ezekial45

Banned
Nefarian is still my favorite fight. Being the first few people grabbing aggro after he lands and shadow flames was one of the coolest parts for me. Twin emps and C'thun were great fights, I also enjoyed Patchwerk. The first few attempts at that boss were hilarious.

bakeray

Illidan and Kael'thas were always my favorite. Kiting that damn thing pre-nerf was insane. Also loved Illhoof on my lock when you could use nether protection and Seeds like crazy haha

TomServo

Three drake OS25 was my favorite boss fight in Wrath. I'm surprised more people don't mention it.

Maybe it was because I was ranged, but Yogg always bored me. Siffed or Firefighter were my favorite moments in Ulduar.

bakeray said:
Illidan and Kael'thas were always my favorite. Kiting that damn thing pre-nerf was insane. Also loved Illhoof on my lock when you could use nether protection and Seeds like crazy haha

I still await Kael'thas' return in Cataclysm. TK and Sunwell were both minor setbacks.

J-Rzez

TomServo said:
Three drake OS25 was my favorite boss fight in Wrath. I'm surprised more people don't mention it.

Maybe it was because I was ranged, but Yogg always bored me. Siffed or Firefighter were my favorite moments in Ulduar.

If you did 3D around Naxx and Uld, then yes, it was fun. But with the current gear zergs, people just scoff it off now, and it dilutes people's perception of said fight. Only fights that still give some geared people trouble seems to be Ulduar hardmodes, and Algalon.

Aurarian

J-Rzez said:
If you did 3D around Naxx and Uld, then yes, it was fun. But with the current gear zergs, people just scoff it off now, and it dilutes people's perception of said fight. Only fights that still give some geared people trouble seems to be Ulduar hardmodes, and Algalon.
I agree with this. Firefighter, for example gave my prior guild a lot of problems, but it's so fun because it keeps you on your toes the entire time.

bakeray

Yeah, maintenance is extended till 4PM PDT now.

I've been reading everything over the last few days and I'm so excited for this.. mainly because I know a lot of people are resubscribing this week and things won't be dead anymore.

notworksafe

Yep. I expect the guild roster and Mumble server to be very full tonight!

EDIT: Favorite LK-era fight is a three way tie between Prof. Putricide (as Abom tank), Arthas, and Yogg.

Favorite BC-era is Kael in TK. Mags (pre-nerfs) is a close second.

Fav Vanilla is a tie between Twin Emps and C'thun.

Hmm favorite LK fight, interesting. I think I'll go with Thorim, especially the hard mode. The gauntlet mechanic was a fun event I looked forward to weekly.

Ulduar was fun for tanks. Multiple fights challenged the OT (like controlling the adds on Auriaya), while MTs were kept on their toes as well; like holding aggro on Hodir hard modes, which could be a pain lol.

ICC is a complete bore by comparison.

yacobod

Banned
i dont know heroic lich king is probably the most difficult and best encounter in the game. i only have a heroic 10m kill, never did kill the 25m version

other awesome boss encounters throughout WoW

Rag - first time seeing him was awesome, Razorscale - this was originally awesome and very chaotic, Vael, Nef, Twin Emps, C'Thun, i never killed the hard bosses in Naxx60, but i hear original 4 horseman was awesome, lady vash, kael, illidan, 3d OS before 3.1 was awesome in 10 and 25m, firefighter, 3 tree freya, 1 light yogg, hardmode anub is a bitch as well

Flib

Abom Tank on PP is the only really enjoyable tanking encounter in ICC.

And I loved Thorim as well. Not particularly difficult, but the gauntlet was fun as hell and the arena was chaotic goodness.

TomServo

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, we did it in T7.5 gear, and it was probably the most challenging thing we faced up to Heroic Anub'arak 25.

We simply couldn't find good AoE tanks, which meant we had the MT, drake OT, and two AoE trash tanks. Whenever the dps got bitched at for getting behind we had to remind the raid leader that we were a man down because of our shortbus trash tanking.

ezekial45

Banned
yacobod said:
i dont know heroic lich king is probably the most difficult and best encounter in the game. i only have a heroic 10m kill, never did kill the 25m version

other awesome boss encounters throughout WoW

Rag - first time seeing him was awesome, Razorscale - this was originally awesome and very chaotic, Vael, Nef, Twin Emps, C'Thun, i never killed the hard bosses in Naxx60, but i hear original 4 horseman was awesome, lady vash, kael, illidan, 3d OS before 3.1 was awesome in 10 and 25m, firefighter, 3 tree freya, 1 light yogg, hardmode anub is a bitch as well

Oh yes it was great haha. Naxx40 had a lot of great bosses. The only problem was it showed up late in vanilla.

In WoTLK, LK is my favorite fight. I love the voice acting, and my favorite mechanic (defile) is in that fight. During BC? Strangely enough, Shade of Aran was fun, and Kael'Thas was awesome.

Rokam

Am I the only one that enjoyed the hell out of Vashj? It may have helped that I was the only Resto Shaman in the guild at the time so I had many jobs outside of healing. (Grounding totem, Shocking) I just loved the mechanic of playing hot potato with the cores, and I kinda hope it's something they reuse later.

Alex

I loved all of SSC. TK I wasn't as hot on, but it was still good.

Happy that the double raid structure is returning.

Hixx

ezekial45 said:
Nefarian is still my favorite fight. Being the first few people grabbing aggro after he lands and shadow flames was one of the coolest parts for me. Twin emps and C'thun were great fights, I also enjoyed Patchwerk. The first few attempts at that boss were hilarious.

Nefarian was fantastic. It was the first fight which required pretty much everyone to be paying attention when you were learning it. Phase 1 was a shitter, demo shouting to get aggro on the drakonoids... arrrrgh :lol

Rokam

I think the reason I didn't like TK was purely the classes I played. I'm an altoholic so I would bring what was needed. Being the tank that picked up phoenixes on A'lar was a snoozefest. None of the fights were really exciting. All just glorified don't stand in shit and don't blow people up. Sadly my video card shit out around BT/Hyjal time so I only saw parts of both. Guild had troubles with holding down a steady pally tank so I'd have to go in every week for Shade, what a terribbly retarded fight.

@Nef: Don't think we ever demo shouted just used 2 tanks on one side 3 on the other and just alternated picking up. Also mages doing frost nova rotations.:lol

ezekial45

Banned
I am big on voice acting and music in video games, my favorite player kill quotes are from vanilla and one in WoTLK

Nef: "Worthless wretch, your friends shall join you soon enough."
Twin Emps: "Your fate is sealed."
LK: "Hope.....wanes.."

It's all about the little things.

LowParry

ezekial45 said:
I am big on voice acting and music in video games, my favorite player kill quotes are from vanilla and one in WoTLK

Nef: "Worthless wretch, your friends shall join you soon enough."
Twin Emps: "Your fate is sealed."
LK: "Hope.....wanes.."

It's all about the little things.

Forgemaster Garfrost:
"Tiny creatures under feet, you bring Garfrost something good to eat!"
"Axe too weak. Garfrost make better and CRUSH YOU!"
"Garfrost tired of puny mortals. Now your bones will freeze!"
"That one maybe not so good to eat now. Stupid Garfrost! BAD! BAD!"
"Garfrost hope giant underpants clean. Save boss great shame. For later."

My favorite boss of Wrath. :lol

Edit: Oh let's not forget Mimiron.

"We haven't much time....friends!" :lol

Willectro

Banned
DeathNote said:
man this patch is taking forever to install, not that it matters

Fuck, I wish I was at the install. I downloaded the entire WoW client last week fairly quick (because I had formatted my comp and wanted a fresh start). I've been downloading this damn patch all day. I had never looked because I've had it going in the background on and off for a week, but this is ridiculous. But in reality, I can't imagine that WoW is going to be playable tonight. Blizzard are a bunch of dicks, but I love their games. :lol

Rokam

Millhouse was the best:
Lowly? Nobody refers to the mighty Millhouse Manastorm as lowly!
I'm gonna light you up, sweet cheeks!
Who's bad? Who's bad? That's right: we bad!

KJTB

ezekial45 said:
Nefarian is still my favorite fight. Being the first few people grabbing aggro after he lands and shadow flames was one of the coolest parts for me.

The first time I fought Nefarian back in Vanilla WoW I was so fucking pumped up. It was right after I we had just downed chromag and I got my t2 shoulders so I was already excited from that. Fighting Nefarion that first night was honestly one of the coolest and most fun gaming experience I've ever had (even with the hours and hours of learning the fight and wiping). I remember thinking "holy shit!" the first time he landed on my screen hahaha, it was even cooler than when I saw rag for the first time. Even though it took us a few weeks to actually get him down, it was more memorable seeing him for the first time for me than actually killing him haha.

I miss Vanilla WoW sometimes :( ...Yeah yeah yeah rose tinted glasses and all that.

notworksafe

You guys make thing your new fangled bosses are cool, but you better respect Prince Malchezaar. After all, you face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Tamanon

Banned
I liked the Prince fight, especially when for a couple weeks trying to win, our guild was convinced the entire fight was luck-based.

ezekial45

Banned
notworksafe said:
The fucking infernals were, and they could ruin you. Even thinking about it now gets me heated. :lol

Getting backed into a corner due to infernal spawns wasn't fun. :lol Especially when they seemed to spawn only where the raid was, then one would spawn in a remote area.

That reminds me, even though the door closed he would despawn when he got close. There was a time where he got bugged and a GM popped in and helped us.

Flib said:
Abom Tank on PP is the only really enjoyable tanking encounter in ICC.

And I loved Thorim as well. Not particularly difficult, but the gauntlet was fun as hell and the arena was chaotic goodness.

I forgot about tanking Keleseth/grabbing purple balls on Blood Princes. That's enjoyable too, and perfect for a prot warrior

notworksafe

speedpop said:
They should've just done a 24hr close down in all honestly.
Rather than a 18-20 hour one? Yeah that's a good call. Though I suppose people would be happy to have less time.

But seriously, who didn't expect an extended maintenance with this patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom