• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Man, im so confused right now about what my spec should be.

It doesnt help when you have dozens of alts. :lol
Whatever you want, it's hard to screw up.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I think I like frost DPS better. I don't like that ugly transformation of the ghoul. Huge pig bear tauren.

Waiting to login with mods to compare dps. if it ever lets me in. can't tell if it's the normal long loadin or the mods.

mclem

notworksafe said:
Forgot to mention you'll want to keep using AS in your rotation as well for both single target and AoE. Prot gets a talent called Grand Crusader that has a 20% chance of resetting the CD on Avenger's Shield when we use HotR or CS.

Current mathing suggests that AS is quite low priority even with Grand Crusader procs; most other abilities are still better threat. It's looking like AS should be subbed in in place of Holy Wrath if everything else is on cooldown (CS-J-CS-(AS/HW)-CS-SotR)

But things are still a bit up in the air, and there's no denying that Grand Crusader procs are *fun* :)

vilmer_

Wow blessing of might is basically GotW now :eek: Sick hp increase. Looks like I'll have to stick to might for the mana return though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Name plates not working is kind of a deal breaker. I can't really play without them.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Transmutes down to 4 hours, which I'm kinda glad since leaving the cooldown on means that there is still a chance to make profit.

The transmuted gems are going for almost 100% more than they should though, but that should die down after everyone fixes up their socketing.

speedpop

I had two earthquakes in Thunder Bluff, and another in Orgrimmar. They lasted for about 5 seconds, much larger shakes than when a Fel Reaver walks past you, and you see water sprout out of the ground and dirt/dust fall from ceilings and such.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
Transmutes down to 4 hours, which I'm kinda glad since leaving the cooldown on means that there is still a chance to make profit.

The transmuted gems are going for almost 100% more than they should though, but that should die down after everyone fixes up their socketing.
You can't buy the epic gens for honor anymore right?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
I had two earthquakes in Thunder Bluff, and another in Orgrimmar. They lasted for about 5 seconds, much larger shakes than when a Fel Reaver walks past you, and you see water sprout out of the ground and dirt/dust fall from ceilings and such.
They happen everywhere in old world every 5-20 mins. Haven't timed it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh that is awesome. This is what i wanted to witness after all these years of playing WoW on and off. Guess i will resub tonight and check it all out.

I thought 4.0.3 was meant to bring that, sounds like it brings the new world with it instead.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm so confused. Haven't had time to read up on everything...

so I log in. All my enchants are gone? I also have tons of stuff in my book that says to see a trainer? Even passive stuff I can still use?

Okay I haven't played WoW in a long time. I found it a bit overwhelming at first and never really got past the first 10 levels. Can someone explain if this new patch will be adding stuff that will help someone who was scared off by the complexity of WoW get into the game? I really find WoW fascinating, but I just can never get into it.

Also how are world game events now? I've heard brief things like a zombie outbreak (controlled) and other things, but I never really followed up on it. I always fascinated by the idea of mass story/plot with gameplay. It goes a long way to addressing one of my biggest issues with MP gaming and the feeling of rote.

TIA!

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Got into instance...summoned a table...yep...boom!!

All the guys in my group crashed and none of us can get back on lol.

Gonna go watch TV.

speedpop

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Okay I haven't played WoW in a long time. I found it a bit overwhelming at first and never really got past the first 10 levels. Can someone explain if this new patch will be adding stuff that will help someone who was scared off by the complexity of WoW get into the game? I really find WoW fascinating, but I just can never get into it.
You're honestly best off waiting until Cataclysm hits, or at the very least until the next big patch comes out within the month that will change the entire old world completely. Quests will be more streamlined, you'll most likely know where to head to level up higher etc. At the moment they've made leveling a ton easier via the talents system, but that doesn't really fix the old quests as yet. The good thing with that is that you don't have to buy the expansions to see all of that, it comes all standard with the normal game, you just won't be able to create expansion exclusive things like Blood Elves, Draenei, Goblins, Worgen, or Death Knights.

Also how are world game events now? I've heard brief things like a zombie outbreak (controlled) and other things, but I never really followed up on it. I always fascinated by the idea of mass story/plot with gameplay. It goes a long way to addressing one of my biggest issues with MP gaming and the feeling of rote.
World events are divided into two categories; annual, and exclusive. The zombie outbreak was exclusive due to Wrath of the Lich King, the same thing for the retaking of the Echo Isles for the Trolls and Gnomeregan for the Gnomes - those will disappear in the next patch.

The annual events, like Brewfest that just went by and the next one which is Hallow's End in a few days time, happen every year and you get to participate in doing certain things that might be awesome rewards (Kodo/Ram Brewfest mount) or lame rewards (Bounty of the Harvest food conjurer).

C.Dark.DN

Banned

TIA!
leveling:

-Depends on how you define world events. There are some between expansion events. Holiday "events", which are quests and decor. Some higher level bosses. In 70-80 leveling there is a cutscene. In 70-80 you also saw the end boss quite a few times.

-Right now you can only pick one talent tree to put your points in until way later on. A noob might have put their first three points in three trees in the past. The trees are smaller and you get points less frequently.

-They changed around what abilities you get at low levels. For example when you played a Druid, it only got bear form at level 10-19. Now he gets cat form too where you can stealth.

-The spellbook ui is user friendly and tells you when you get your next ability.

-When you level it says what abilities you can get from the trainer.

-You no longer need to run to a city and find someone to train you in different weapons if your class can use it.

-Patch 4.0.3 is going to change 1-60 zones in physical ways. (4.0.3 will hit in a few weeks before the expansion release date. You dont need any expansion to see the changes.)

-Questing in 4.0.3 will be better. Won't have to run back and forth between quest givers.

-You get mounts sooner and cheaper. Level 20. S

-At level 15 you can do random dungeon finder. It makes a group with people from different servers. No more asking in chat for people to group with. No more running to the instance to zone in.

-At level 10 you can queue for warsong gulch in your ui. Find people from diff servers. You can get experience from it.

-If you want to level from 60-70 you need The Burning Crusade expansion. You also need it to play the Horde race Blood Elf and the Alliance race Draenei. To level 70-80 you need to buy the Wrath of The Lich King expansion. To level 80-85 you need the new Cataclysm expansion. You need to buy all three expansion to play the new Horde race Goblin and the Alliance race Worgen.

-There are some new professions.

Edit: I almost forget... there's this really good Quest helper addon. On the map it shows you where you need to go to kill/collect/etc. for the quests you're doing. Blizzard also implemented it officially. A little different, but the same goal. When you click on the mobs it'll say (0/8 killed) or something.

That's about all the major leveling changes I can think of that you will see.

Rokam

:lol
Mr Pockets said:
Got into instance...summoned a table...yep...boom!!

All the guys in my group crashed and none of us can get back on lol.

Gonna go watch TV.

Aye confirmed on my mage, I oddly enough didn't get DC'd however I crashed everyone in group.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have a permanent tabard on that doesn't show up on my character sheet. Is this a bug or a feature? Tabards on dwarves suck.

ezekial45

Banned
As much as I want to level a goblin shaman, I feel like making an orc shaman right now and leveling him/her to 80. Then change him to a goblin. =/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ezekial45 said:
As much as I want to level a goblin shaman, I feel like making an orc shaman right now and leveling him/her to 80. Then change him to a goblin. =/
If early endgame PVE or PVP profession is what you and your friends/guild have fun with, then you need the class you want to progress with at 80 on Dec 7th.

Personally, I want to have fun leveling and hopefully 4.0.3 will be populated. That's possibly a month before Dec 7th.

You could wait until at least then. I don't see any reason to level before the patch.

Maybe early 2011 will be equally populated with leveling. You could level a goblin more slowly then and something else at 4.0.3.

Alex

Yeah one of my old characters was a scribe and I just listed half a bag of old glyphs I had sitting around and make like 500g, hooray.

ezekial45

Banned
DeathNote said:
If early endgame PVE or PVP profession is what you and your friends/guild have fun with, then you need the class you want to progress with at 80 on Dec 7th.

Personally, I want to have fun leveling and hopefully 4.0.3 will be populated. That's possibly a month before Dec 7th.

You could wait until at least then. I don't see any reason to level before the patch.

Maybe early 2011 will be equally populated with leveling. You could level a goblin more slowly then and something else at 4.0.3.

I am more interested in some endgame raiding actually. I might make the shaman a main or close next to my paladin.

Flib

Mage glyphs are bugged as hell

tanked some heroics on my druid. I was worried that without thrash, our aoe would be totally fucked (since it's mandatory and awesome on beta, compared to swipe), but we're actually doing great. Our rotations are finally enjoyable as opposed to maul/swipe spam.

Alex

DKs are SoOoOoOOooOOO much better to play now, IMO. Unholy had some really smart things done to it, really great polish.

Atomski

Tanking on my warrior feels weird now. Its not bad but slightly annoying. That rend talent seems messed up. Like if I charge in and rend and try to thunderclap by the time my global cooldown is up all the mobs are running for dps. :/ I miss damage shield now.

Anyways everyone seems to be crying about nerfs.. its kinda funny.

Angry Grimace

CcrooK said:
Huh, did they bork mage glyphs? I'm seeing minor in majors. Primes into majors. Or whatever. wtf.
Fireball, Frostbolt and Molten Armor always have been majors on the PTR. Either MMO-C is wrong (I don't think so), or Blizzard isn't paying attention. Given the buggy state of 4.0.1 before it went live, I'm going to pick the latter; those are obviously supposed to be Prime Glyphs.

Alex

The tanking is built for Cata, but is getting some of the restrictions unike healing where they wont crop up until later on.

Tanking is just a bit more sensitive now, but under current content people prob just wont tolerate that.

Anything melee DPS, sans maybe DK I havent followed melee enough, I know needs numbers passes . I think those will happen soon coz they surely will not leave the gulf there is atm between melee and ranged for much longer during the raid testing.

Aurarian

Atomski said:
Tanking on my warrior feels weird now. Its not bad but slightly annoying. That rend talent seems messed up. Like if I charge in and rend and try to thunderclap by the time my global cooldown is up all the mobs are running for dps. :/ I miss damage shield now.

It's pretty crappy imo. I'm missing globals due to this weird ass latency shit they put in and as you say by the time I rend and tc they're already flying to dps.

Atomski

Aurarian said:
It's pretty crappy imo. I'm missing globals due to this weird ass latency shit they put in and as you say by the time I rend and tc they're already flying to dps.

Pretty sure I am going to spec out of it now. Seems completely worthless.

Atomski said:

The best way to use it is to charge in and TC, get your devastates up while TC is on CD then use Rend. After that drop TC again. If you charge in and Rend first you're gonna have problems.

Overall I'm not much of a fan of the talent. I haven't seen it produce much meaningful threat in the beta; still downloading the patch. Still playing around with it though. Shield Slam has been buffed so much it gives you some time to play around. So do you want to use the time Shield Slam's initial threat gives you to tab/Devastate the other 2-3 mobs, or Rend one and TC, then start the Devastating?

Aurarian

I don't have enough time to do all that in randoms because of DEEPS attacking every mob except the one I'm attacking. Single target isn't bad, but aoe is kinda weird. Maybe it's just something we will have to get used to, but BnT is pretty useless. I didn't see a difference between having it up and not. Maybe switch the points to cruelty or War Academy.

J-Rzez

Alex said:
DKs are SoOoOoOOooOOO much better to play now, IMO. Unholy had some really smart things done to it, really great polish.

Yes they are, the changes they've made throughout the beta were great. It's really fast to play now, which I think is probably going to expose players "skill" more now than before, which these changes were supposed to fix lol.

Damage is good, it's fast with enough buttons to hit to keep you interested, two proc watches. They tuned the runes well from when I played the first day of the PTR, so that's good. Rarely do you get GCD-rune locked now at least for a longer period of time than 2 seconds, partially due to the RP you generate. Festering strike is nice.

PVP wise they stand on their own well too, surprisingly. You can take a couple nukes from a caster to get into their face, the talents and glyphs give you some time to try and catch up to them if they evade your DG or Chains, and once you get up to them, Festering Strike is finally a heavy hitting melee ability that was sorely needed to help out burst to finish someone off. Even Scourge Strike does a decent amount of damage in PVP at times.

Angry Grimace

Aurarian said:
I don't have enough time to do all that in randoms because of DEEPS attacking every mob except the one I'm attacking. Single target isn't bad, but aoe is kinda weird. Maybe it's just something we will have to get used to, but BnT is pretty useless. I didn't see a difference between having it up and not. Maybe switch the points to cruelty or War Academy.
Learn to mark. Seriously. They'll groan when you do it, but if Mobs A, B and C are marked, they can't complain when they die to anything but A.

notworksafe

mclem said:
Current mathing suggests that AS is quite low priority even with Grand Crusader procs; most other abilities are still better threat. It's looking like AS should be subbed in in place of Holy Wrath if everything else is on cooldown (CS-J-CS-(AS/HW)-CS-SotR)

But things are still a bit up in the air, and there's no denying that Grand Crusader procs are *fun* :)
Hell yes they are! Plus I'm noticing downtime on both Prot and Ret...lame. I thought the point of this patch was to remove that. Much, much more on Ret than Prot however.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Hell yes they are! Plus I'm noticing downtime on both Prot and Ret...lame. I thought the point of this patch was to remove that. Much, much more on Ret than Prot however.
I thought the point was to INCREASE downtime (i.e. Blizzard wants DKs to stand around auto attacking more for various reasons)

krypt0nian said:
Wonder if Grid is going to update or if I should switch to something else.

Is Bartender up and running?

Bartender is working - the only issue for me with it at the moment is that the button lock doesn't work. When you have it toggled on, the buttons don't actually lock. Not a huge issue though. For the most part, it's working well enough.

And yeah, grid needs an update bad. It's completely broken right now, and I can't really heal on my shaman until it gets fixed.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Oh really, I thought we were supposed to get more to do. Either way, Ret is boring and I'm strongly considering Holy.
Blizzard's belief is that specs that benefit from pressing a button every GCD are a) too hard, b) not "reactive" enough (on what metric this is based, I don't know) and c) are too subject to latency requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom