• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evlar

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Dear lord. The Death Knight PvP set makes me want to level up a DK.
Holy shit, that's nice! :lol Priest PvP is as boring as ever. More than made up for by the Tier 11, which looks fantastic on a Dwarf.

I kinda like the new ToL forms but they are a bit masculine. I hope there is a female form too.

Eh, either way at least now I'm not stuck into for healing 24/7! :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i really wish female armor was sexier and male armor didn't look like spandex jumpsuit with no texture

why can't anything from the chest to the knees be raised?

McNei1y

Any alliance on Mannoroth want to help a rerolled noob with moneys :lol

I'm going Arms as a warrior to get MS and stuff. This could be fun.

Dunlop

I am fucking loving the changes to the Holy priest. Especially after forming a 10 man guild. The versatility is awesome, I will however need a mouse with many more buttons...

I only played with disc for a few minutes, power word barrier is cool but it reminded me of my Defender in CoH :D There wasn't a whole lot of posting about disc specs so I will give it more of a whirl next week.

I must be doing something wrong. Well, besides the stuff that's out of my hands like losing about 300 to 400 spellpower. My demo lock just felt so weak in instances last night. I used to top meters with ease, especially on bosses.

In my first group, the paladin and I were talking about our decline in performance where the mage was like, "My DPS has doubled!". My shadowbolts used to crit for 10k and my soul fires for 14k! Now they crit for 7.5k and 10.5k respectively. I feel particularly weak but I may be doing something wrong. I'm going to have to figure out the sweet spot again. Or go affliction and see how that goes.

I do feel like my felguard hits WAY harder though. Too bad he stinks as a tank now. But I guess when you kill stuff that fast, you don't need a taunt. His name changed too. I petitioned to get it back. Yes, I'm serious. :D

All in all, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I'll have more fun affliction. It's kind sad though, considering I've been demo for so long. I loved that spec to death. Maybe it'll come around at 85 though.

Oh, and another disappointment... Ret Paladins are boring now? Of course they are, because I was going to level one through the new 1-60 content. Dammit. Well, considering I have approximately 10 minutes invested into my new Pally, at least it won't feel like a huge change for me. Maybe I'll still like it just because I have no idea what it was like before.

Oh well. Looks like I need to go look up some tips on being a demo lock. There has to be something I'm missing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dunlop said:
I am fucking loving the changes to the Holy priest. Especially after forming a 10 man guild. The versatility is awesome, I will however need a mouse with many more buttons...

I only played with disc for a few minutes, power word barrier is cool but it reminded me of my Defender in CoH :D There wasn't a whole lot of posting about disc specs so I will give it more of a whirl next week.
this might have too many and i don't know how good it is http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/08/19/razr-announces-the-naga-mmo-mouse/

Confused101 said:
I must be doing something wrong. Well, besides the stuff that's out of my hands like losing about 300 to 400 spellpower. My demo lock just felt so weak in instances last night. I used to top meters with ease, especially on bosses.

In my first group, the paladin and I were talking about our decline in performance where the mage was like, "My DPS has doubled!". My shadowbolts used to crit for 10k and my soul fires for 14k! Now they crit for 7.5k and 10.5k respectively. I feel particularly weak but I may be doing something wrong. I'm going to have to figure out the sweet spot again. Or go affliction and see how that goes.

I do feel like my felguard hits WAY harder though. Too bad he stinks as a tank now. But I guess when you kill stuff that fast, you don't need a taunt. His name changed too. I petitioned to get it back. Yes, I'm serious. :D

All in all, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I'll have more fun affliction. It's kind sad though, considering I've been demo for so long. I loved that spec to death. Maybe it'll come around at 85 though.

Oh, and another disappointment... Ret Paladins are boring now? Of course they are, because I was going to level one through the new 1-60 content. Dammit. Well, considering I have approximately 10 minutes invested into my new Pally, at least it won't feel like a huge change for me. Maybe I'll still like it just because I have no idea what it was like before.

Oh well. Looks like I need to go look up some tips on being a demo lock. There has to be something I'm missing.

How can ret paladins get any more boring than facerollingly easy?

Magnus

At any point in the last five years, I'd be poopsockin' it today and tomorrow with a patch this big, but alas, school doesn't afford such luxuries anymore.

Just confirm what I'm reading if you can:

Holy priest (my spec of choice for years) in PvE is fun times? Chakra is exciting? Yay?! I mean, I already loved Holy, but new fun tools and versatility is awesome.

Manus

Confused101 said:

Did you try using some of the new spells we got? I noticed I was hitting just slightly less harder than I normally was. I'm a little upset that we lose our SP from Spirit buff from Fel Armor.

Sciz

Acidote said:
Thanks ezekial, but any impressions on lvl 80 enh shamans? =)
We're fine.

-Indoor ghost wolf
-Infinite mana
-Better self healing
-Indoor ghost wolf
-Lightning shield gets refreshed every ten minutes
-Better itemization
-Indoor ghost wolf
-Much less chaotic "rotation"
-Fully stacked lava lash crits for about 20k
-Seriously, indoor ghost wolf

Evlar

Banned
How great is it that we don't need reagents for raidwide buffs anymore? Soo great.

Hell, priests don't even need separate spells anymore.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Evlar said:
How great is it that we don't need reagents for raidwide buffs anymore? Soo great.

Hell, priests don't even need separate spells anymore.

I'm gonna miss Divine Spirit on my priest though. :(

Also, fuck yeah Shadow Resistance buff is 1 hour now, no more 20 mins bullshit.

I've been out of the loop for about 2 years. Only own Burning Crusade, but downloading the 10 day Wrath trial now. I have Alliance characters on the Deathwing server and Horde characters on Archimonde, if anyone is on either let me know and I'd be happy to play with you to relearn the ropes and see what I've missed.

J-Rzez

VaLiancY said:
http://cata.wowhead.com/blog=170693#.

:lol My favorite has to be the Priest T11 with the holy water shoulders.

All of them, outside of the War PVP set and the "ok but bland DK" pvp set, look like shit. Probably the lowest quality of art I've seen to date from "higher end armors". Blizzard's artists are really running out of ideas over there.

Tank threat, especially on AoE pulls is something you have to watch now. You can't go all out on AoE anymore without pulling hate that's for sure, even if you give them a full 5sec to get hate. This was our Paladin and War tanks in ICC last night. The fights in there are a joke though, I was consistently pulling 13-14k dps on boss fights, keep in mind, in basically 10man gear. Our Mage was right behind me, and to our surprise, our Ele Shaman was just 1k dps behind the Mage.

I didn't mind ICC much last night, surprisingly, but I guess that was due to the new trees, new rotations, and not setting foot in there for over half a year lol.

Blizzard better not touch Unholy DK's priority rotation, rune regen, or RP regen rate though. Yes it's ultra-fast compared to old, but it's fun. I see so many people complaining how hard it is to play Unholy now, let them all go to training wheels frost for all I care.

VaLiancY

Sciz said:
We're fine.

-Indoor ghost wolf
-Infinite mana
-Better self healing
-Indoor ghost wolf
-Better itemization
-Indoor ghost wolf

Did Ghost wolf get buffed? I loved that talent.

Dunlop

Flib said:
or just grab vuhdo (because it's awesome).

this, I tried grid + clique at one point but I have become so accustom to using my mousewheel to cast that it is not an option anymore.

So happy that Vuhdo already had an update by the time the game was online

Sciz said:
We're fine.

-Indoor ghost wolf
-Infinite mana
-Better self healing
-Indoor ghost wolf
-Better itemization
-Indoor ghost wolf

The infinite mana has been quite a blessing. But what's this 10 minute lightning shield you mention? I kept having to refresh it last night like normal. Also, what is a "fully stacked" Lava Lash?

J-Rzez

Another annoying bug is "projected textures" now. Sometimes they just don't show up. I have everything cranked up and many times you'll be standing in the fire and only know it by watching your life bar plummet or seeing a debuff go up on you.

Outdoor Miner said:
The T11 sets are laughably bad. Less is more, Bliz.

Yes, they are insulting to look at. Boring, mish-mash hack jobs for something that's supposed to be "special".

Atomski

davepoobond said:
im very disappointed in what they did to hunters. it frustrates me.

I actually like it. I havent ran anything on my hunter yet but from shooting a dummy I thought it worked fine. Made me seriously think about switching my main.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Did you try using some of the new spells we got? I noticed I was hitting just slightly less harder than I normally was. I'm a little upset that we lose our SP from Spirit buff from Fel Armor.
I was hitting significantly less hard with the new demo spec. My best example would be the shadowbolt. It used to hit regularly for 5k non-crit. Now it hits for 3.5k. This has to be due to losing our SP bonus from Fel Armor and losing some SP boosting buffs that I would get from just having a demon out.

I used Hand of Gul'dan which wrecked some mobs outside of the instances but it didn't seem too effective against bosses. What else did we really get for demo? Soulburn for instant Soul Fire here and there? Like I said before, I might be missing something. I might be ignoring some mechanic that plays into our favor. I'll have to mess around some more.

I didn't get to mess around with affliction so much, but from the feedback on the forums, chain dot'ing and drain tanking are a thing of the past. Many afflictions locks were quite disappointed.

Oh, and one last note about the news armors revealed. Ahem, WHY DO MAGES GET A WARLOCK SET? That is all. :D

Sciz

funkmastergeneral said:
The infinite mana has been quite a blessing. But what's this 10 minute lightning shield you mention? I kept having to refresh it last night like normal. Also, what is a "fully stacked" Lava Lash?
Glyph of lightning shield keeps its charges from dropping below 3. Since it only stacks to 3 for us now anyway, it's a godsend. There's enough dead space in the rotation now that you could probably skip it for bosses, but not having to think about it at all is too good to pass up.

By fully stacked, I mean the full five stacks of searing flames from searing totem (which is actually pretty awesome in its own right now). The extra 100% damage is a big jump to begin with, and on a crit it's by far and away our strongest hit now. Saw 22k in Halls of Lightning just a bit ago.

Sciz said:
Glyph of lightning shield keeps its charges from dropping below 3. Since it only stacks to 3 for us now anyway, it's a godsend. There's enough dead space in the rotation now that you could probably skip it for bosses, but not having to think about it at all is too good to pass up.

By fully stacked, I mean the full five stacks of searing flames from searing totem (which is actually pretty awesome in its own right now). The extra 100% damage is a big jump to begin with, and on a crit it's by far and away our strongest hit now. Saw 22k in Halls of Lightning just a bit ago.

Oh, I was not aware of the searing totem change, I haven't really been keeping up with the news the last few months. So searing totem is better single target dps than magma totem now?

Evlar

Banned
McNei1y said:
Is Directx 11 needed?
No. It'll run on DX9 or 10. In fact, support for DirectX 11 was just patched in with 4.0.1 and still requires fiddling with client settings to get it to run. It's "experimental".

Flib

Johnlenham said:
Fuck missed out again :/

Still have two more chances! just log in around 11:30 est over the next few days (they went up around 11:40 today) and refresh the page until it says they're up...then there will be a button which won't work. Just keep pushing it and you'll get a key eventually.

Sciz

funkmastergeneral said:
Oh, I was not aware of the searing totem change, I haven't really been keeping up with the news the last few months. So searing totem is better single target dps than magma totem now?
Better by quite a bit, even without the talents to buff it and lava lash. You also can't use fire nova with searing totem now, so magma totem is the definitive aoe dps totem.

Flib

HarryDemeanor said:
Damn, beta character copy isn't working and it looks like battle.net just went down with it.

It was really fast to copy characters for me roommate, so once they come back up it should be near instantaneous to get in.

J-Rzez

For my fellow Unholy DK's, since I'm bored on lunch break, here was my damage breakdown since the changes:

1. Deathcoil 18%
2. Scourge Strike (Phy) 15%
3. Melee 15%
4. Ghoul 13%
5. Blood Plague 9.6%
6. Scourge Strike (Shadow) 9.3%
7. Frost Fever 8.1%
8. Festering Strike 8.1%

Interesting if you played Unholy before I guess, seeing how damage was reworked.

Dunlop said:
this, I tried grid + clique at one point but I have become so accustom to using my mousewheel to cast that it is not an option anymore.

So happy that Vuhdo already had an update by the time the game was online

Yeah just got through watching some Vuhdo setup vids on YouTube and I'm switching over.

Evlar

Banned
Another interesting note for Disc: Absorption logging is finally working in the 4.0.1 client, and the latest Recount reports it natively.

Sciz said:
Better by quite a bit, even without the talents to buff it and lava lash. You also can't use fire nova with searing totem now, so magma totem is the definitive aoe dps totem.

Have you had any issues with your searing totem not attacking enemies? Just jumped online to try out the new rotation and I'm getting 0 damage from my searing totem.

Mannnn spent the last hour patching/updating and its only at 31% :( if I new it would take this long id have started it up earlier! ah well.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
First, Is it worth getting a [Reforged Truesilver Champion] over [Bloodied Arcanite Reapered] for warrior PVP?

Second, I'm hearing bad things about fury. At 69, is it worth getting a second one of either for PVP and PVE?

And third, is it worth getting a [Battleworn Thrash Blade] over [Venerable Mass of McGowan] for prot PVP? Is Prot PVP from 1-80 even viable?

Sciz

funkmastergeneral said:
Have you had any issues with your searing totem not attacking enemies? Just jumped online to try out the new rotation and I'm getting 0 damage from my searing totem.
It's incredibly finicky about attacking target dummies for some reason. It does pretty well about picking targets in live combat though, so I've taken to beating up Icecrown elites and Fel Reavers.

Macattk15

Flib said:
Still have two more chances! just log in around 11:30 est over the next few days (they went up around 11:40 today) and refresh the page until it says they're up...then there will be a button which won't work. Just keep pushing it and you'll get a key eventually.

11:30am EST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom