• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

speedpop said:
Mage T11 looks pretty flashy.

Yeah that looks pretty good, reminds me of Marrowgar, prolly the skull on blue flame.

Priest looks :lol, someone needs to get whoever designed tier 5 / 6 Priest gear back on board ASAP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
I don't doubt this. I also don't doubt places like MMO-Champ neither. As after I signed up there to support them for their hardwork, said email address, different than my gaming account got flooded with Phishing Spam mail. Hell, I wouldn't doubt Blizzard's data bases get hacked for info as well, or they have employees selling account info even. The amount of hacking is insane, plus some people are really well protected and get hacked even.
According to that argument, anything associated with the game could get you hacked. It's probably true, but I don't think it's MMO-C's fault.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PhoenixDark said:
Been reforging dodge for mastery and expertise. I was expertise capped before the patch but it wound up being dropped to 16 for some reason; I'm back to 26 now after reforging.

I'm very interested in seeing how Hold The Line plays out
http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/84621/

Should make parry more desirable, so I'm not going to reforge any of it.

On the threat side of things I did VoA10 today. On Toravon I opened with my Charge/Heroic Throw/Shield Block macro, did Shield Slam, and started Devastating as I pulled the boss to the back wall. Within seconds I saw my threat being overrun by a Fury warrior; quickly taunted. Then I noticed the mage (didn't check what spec) blasting up the threat meter as well. I didn't lose threat but it was definitely not fun seeing my threat lower than it was pre-patch. I only use Heroic Strike when I have a shit ton of threat.

speaking of which...I'm also noticing very weird threat starvation moments at the beginning of pulls in heroics.
Because the talents that gave you the expertise are gone, i.e. Strength of Arms, etc.

Alex

I haven't had any dc's either.

The official forums are the last place you want to view because everyone blows things into something bigger than it should be

Putting it a bit mildly, I only went on for a minute and the first thing I saw was a gigantic, threatening temper tantrum because of the new guild interface being it's own thing

What the fuck is wrong with people?

CassSept

Well, that may be some addon. But it's too late and I'm too tired to do anything with it now, I'll check everything tomorrow and hopefully get into some any random raid.

It'll feel so good playing muti without that goddamn Hunger for Blood.

speedpop said:
Mage T11 looks pretty flashy.

The official forums are the last place you want to view because everyone blows things into something bigger than it should be. Warriors are the most played class for a reason and I doubt Blizzard will let it slide for too long where they don't get fixes - or everyone just needs to sit down and wait for Cataclysm before weeping.

I'm aware that the official forums like to blow little problems into big ones but this time I'm pretty sure they're right. I feel like I'm pulling only half the dps I used to on the training dummy - but the true test will be when I do a 25 man.

Kintaco

My heals as a Holy Pally went way down, I use to get about 15k on my Holy Light, I know they lowered the amount healed for Holy Light, but none of my heals even come close to that anymore. I'm getting about 5k on my Holy Light now, 3.2k on my Flash of Light, 3.2k Holy Shock, 6.8k Word of Glory. I don't know if this drop is normal or not, do I need to maybe reforge my gear? Should I be getting Mastery in my gear?

So I'm way lost as far as the new Pally skills are concerned. I used to know every facet of being a good Protection Pally, and I even have healer gear so I could be a decent off healer in a party.

I might be just missing something, but I remember casting individual blessings on each party member depending on their class/role. For example: I might give a Rogue the Might blessing to increase their attack power, while giving a Priest the Wisdom Blessing so he could regen his mana faster. I also remember a blessing that reduced threat levels, which would make it easier for me to hold Aggro along with Righteous Fury.

But all I see now is Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might, both of which are cast on all party members. Is it still possible to target individual members to have a variety of blessings among your party?

Also, now there are apparently "Hand" skills in addition to "Seals" and "Blessings." Also "Holy Power" seems to be a new Pally resource mechanic required for some skills that I'm unaware of. I'm sure that a lot of these changes have been in effect for a while as I haven't played for about 2 years, but is there a guide that would help me transition to these new skills or something? I feel lost, lol.

Also are Prot Pally's good with this new patch or should I spec something else?

Kintaco said:
My heals as a Holy Pally went way down, I use to get about 15k on my Holy Light, I know they lowered the amount healed for Holy Light, but none of my heals even come close to that anymore. I'm getting about 5k on my Holy Light now, 3.2k on my Flash of Light, 3.2k Holy Shock, 6.8k Word of Glory. I don't know if this drop is normal or not, do I need to maybe reforge my gear? Should I be getting Mastery in my gear?

Your FoL should be healing for more than Holy Light.

Divine Light is the big heal now, whats that hitting for?

notworksafe

Prots are quite good this patch. As far as blessings, there's only two now. And you can only cast them on the whole party/raid at once. Might gives AP and MP5. Kings gives 5% bonus to Str, Stam, Agi, and Int and 64 of every magic resistance. At least they don't use reagents, right? :lol

Holy Power is a new resource that is gained from (in Prot) using Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous. You spend it on Word of Glory (an instant heal) or Shield of the Righteous (our new big time damage spell). The more Holy Power you have (up to 3) the more your spell heals/hits.

Seals are buffs you give yourself that give you a bonus, and give a bonus to your Judgement.

Seal of Truth is the new Corruption/Vengeance. It's great for tanking.
Seal of Righteousness is the same as always, but Rets can talent it into cleaving like Seal of Command.
Seal of Insight is for Holy (mostly) and it gives hp/mana back.
Seal of Justice is for PvP and slows targets.

Hands are old blessings turned into instant cast spells for single target use. Can be cast on anyone.

Hand of Freedom removes movement restrictions like snares or such.
Hand of Protection is like a super shield. Stops people from getting hurt, but doesn't let them attack.
Hand of Reckoning is a taunt
Hand of Sacrifice transfers 30% of the damage someone else is taking on to you
Hand of Salvation reduces the threat of the target

Here's what I did as far as spec/glyphs: http://wowtal.com/#k=-eXhKG4.a5o.paladin.Rh213u

For Single Target rotation I do:
Avenger's Shield to pull
Judgement to start getting mana back
Crusader Strike to start getting Holy Power
Holy Wrath for a little extra damage
Shield of the Righteous at 3 Holy Power...it hits like a truck. 12-15k crits for me!
And of course Hammer of Wrath when the mob's health is low

I also mix in a Avenger's Shield when Grand Crusader procs, because it's awesome.

For AoE, just swap in Hammer of the Righteous and Consecration for CS/HW.

Sometimes it's worthwhile to use Word of Glory (in lieu of SotR) for the shield from Guarded by the Light, but it generates zero threat so don't make it a habit.

LowParry

Holy fuck, late on see that mage tier 11. Damn that's awesome looking. Too bad you Locks don't get something cool! Mwahaha!

VaLiancY

Damn. They changed the Tree of Life model. I like the old one more, that dance will be remembered forever.

Edit - You can have the old form via minor glyph. It's all good now.

Angry Grimace

MisterAnderson said:
So I'm way lost as far as the new Pally skills are concerned. I used to know every facet of being a good Protection Pally, and I even have healer gear so I could be a decent off healer in a party.

I might be just missing something, but I remember casting individual blessings on each party member depending on their class/role. For example: I might give a Rogue the Might blessing to increase their attack power, while giving a Priest the Wisdom Blessing so he could regen his mana faster. I also remember a blessing that reduced threat levels, which would make it easier for me to hold Aggro along with Righteous Fury.

But all I see now is Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might, both of which are cast on all party members. Is it still possible to target individual members to have a variety of blessings among your party?

Also, now there are apparently "Hand" skills in addition to "Seals" and "Blessings." Also "Holy Power" seems to be a new Pally resource mechanic required for some skills that I'm unaware of. I'm sure that a lot of these changes have been in effect for a while as I haven't played for about 2 years, but is there a guide that would help me transition to these new skills or something? I feel lost, lol.

Also are Prot Pally's good with this new patch or should I spec something else?
You're real old school. Blessing of Salvation was removed about 2 years ago :lol Hand skills are what the old Blessings used to be but they don't overwrite Blessings; the idea is that Hands are short term reactive skills and Blessings are long term raid buffs.

I'm thrown off by Heal being reintegrated for Holy Priests. I wish I could just use Flash Heal with Chakra. Seems the only reason to use Heal is in relation to that.

Kintaco

MattPeters said:
Your FoL should be healing for more than Holy Light.

Divine Light is the big heal now, whats that hitting for?
Ahh ok, Divine Light healed for about 12k. Maybe I was looking at the numbers wrong, since I'm testing by healing myself and I'm getting my Protector of the Innocent proc. My FoL is healing for 7.5k and HL 4.4k. That seems more in line with what it should be.

So is spamming FoL viable? I don't raid mainly just doing Heroics.

Angry Grimace

JPBrowncoat said:
I'm thrown off by Heal being reintegrated for Holy Priests. I wish I could just use Flash Heal with Chakra. Seems the only reason to use Heal is in relation to that.
It's because the mana penalty isn't noticable at high gear levels while you are level 80. When Flash Heal costs 5000 mana to cast, you'll notice why you'd want to use Heal.

Angry Grimace said:
It's because the mana penalty isn't noticable at high gear levels while you are level 80. When Flash Heal costs 5000 mana to cast, you'll notice why you'd want to use Heal.
Ya but now I feel like flash heal and greater heal are useless. :lol Also the Serendipity talent. I haven't actually gone into a dungeon or raid to try them. Just setting up Vuhdo.

I like the Chakra stuff though.

Alex

Kintaco said:

My Paladin is in like, crusty old Naxx gear, I never used it much, and my Flash of Light pulls in 9k non-crit and Holy Shock is 5.5kish, so yeah, your numbers seem odd.

They changed the model, by the by:

Flash of Light = Expensive, potent, fast
Holy Light = Efficient, weak, slow
Divine Light = Moderately expensive, potent, slow

It won't matter as much at the moment, because the regen is still high and the new scaling doesn't really start to hurt until 83. Basically do what feels best to you for now.

Once you hit 83-85ish though, Flash of Light (7000 mana at cap) is for emergencies only and Divine Light is somewhat rare. You'll play a lot with the cheaper spells, ala procs with Holy Shock and Word of Glory. Every healer using their efficient heal as an auto attack of sorts now for PvE. Paladins have solid AoE healing now too under the new model and VERY nice burst healing with things like the Guardian of Ancient Kings at 85.

Overhealing is really, really toned down, mana is very tight, and you just can't afford to top people off. The healers can no longer carry a bad group, so the changes are going to really wreck a lot of newcomers.

Thanks for the Pally skill rundown. I'm guessing they totally did away with the Judgement effects? Like...casting certain Seals at targets would give different effects depending on the Seal. Like you could mark certain targets to give health to you and your party members when striking it, or mana, etc.

notworksafe

MisterAnderson said:
Thanks for the Pally skill rundown. I'm guessing they totally did away with the Judgement effects? Like...casting certain Seals at targets would give different effects depending on the Seal. Like you could mark certain targets to give health to you and your party members when striking it, or mana, etc.
Well the self mana regen is built into Prot now. Seal of Insight replaces Judgement of Light (HP) and Judgement of Wisdom (Mana) but it's only for yourself. Seal of Justice replaces Judgement of Justice.

Kintaco said:
Ahh ok, Divine Light healed for about 12k. Maybe I was looking at the numbers wrong, since I'm testing by healing myself and I'm getting my Protector of the Innocent proc. My FoL is healing for 7.5k and HL 4.4k. That seems more in line with what it should be.

So is spamming FoL viable? I don't raid mainly just doing Heroics.

I dont see why you couldnt. I was spamming everything last night in heroics with my friends as we all tested out classes. Now, Im in ICC gear with a mana pool over 40k, so results may vary.

Light of Dawn bugs me, the graphic shoots off to the left on my Belf. Not sure if its just a bug or what.

Alright that makes sense. Another question... (sorry lol). I have no idea what glyphs are, but they seem to be pretty major. How do you get them and how do they work exactly?

notworksafe

MisterAnderson said:
Alright that makes sense. Another question... (sorry lol). I have no idea what glyphs are, but they seem to be pretty major. How do you get them and how do they work exactly?
Glyphs are like talents for your spells. They are crafted by Scribes and are now learned like spells. You buy them on the Auction House of have a Scribe craft them. Once learned you can switch them out at will. All you need is Vanishing Dust, sold by Inscription Vendors (5 for 40s or 32s at Exalted rank)

There are 3 ranks of glyphs.

Prime glyphs will typically provide direct increases to damage or healing throughput.
Major glyphs will typically augment spells and abilities to offer additional utility.
Minor glyphs will typically provide players with additional convenience or cosmetic changes.\

Here's a list of all the glyphs available and what they do, broken down by class.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asses-pages-WoWTal-Glyph-Preview#glyphpreview

In the spec I linked before, I have my glyphs listed. You don't have to use those, they are just the best for how I play.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Ugh, looks like I'll be skipping T11 priest gear. That stuff is horrendous. Oh how I wish Blizzard put in some sort of costume system a la LotRO so we could get the stats without looking absolutely horrible. >:-(

PatzCU

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOL @ Priest T11

With that said, I'm having a hard time rearranging my Holy Paladin hotkeys. I feel like I should put my Holy Light where my Flash of Light is, Divine Light where my Holy Light was, and I just don't know where to put Flash of Light. I'm not used to having more than 3 abilities!

Loving the changes though. The Daybreak procs are fun. The 'cone of cold' heal is fun. Pally healing actually feels dynamic now. Also I am unkillable at the moment with the self healing talent.

notworksafe

Just a quick question. I am thinking about rolling a Druid to have some Moonkin fun. Would the Cloth Heirlooms and caster staff be fine for that? I haven't ever taken a Druid past 10, so I'm mostly ignorant on them.

EDIT: Bah. The name I was is taken, but the character isn't on the Armory. GM petition time! :D

Tamanon said:
Oh man, leveling a paladin is so much more fun now, never mind after you get Word of Glory/Templar's Verdict.
You aren't kidding. Started one up last night just for fun and with 2 heirlooms (chest, 2h weapon) I was level 12 in like 2 hours. Levels 10-20 are an absolute blast as a ret pally.

notworksafe said:
. All you need is Vanishing Dust, sold by Inscription Vendors (5 for 40s or 32s at Exalted rank)

Damn I payed 3g on the AH :lol that will teach me! saying that If I sell the only 30stam gems on the ah for 350G tonight ill be laughing :lol

Rokam

Anyone getting strange buffs in random instances? I got some 30 minute long buff that makes my poisons proc 500 nature damage. That's all well and good, except I'm a ret pally.:lol

So I'm starting to feel more comfortable now. I just need to go out and download the appropriate UI stuff. What are the popular mods to use? Should I just go to wow.curse.com and look for the ones with good ratings/high downloads, or does WoW GAF recommend any?

And does any Prot Pally's have a good hotkey setup for their skills that they'd like to share?

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So are these tremors (I noticed them both in Horde and Alliance areas) a lead up to some event. It's a little weird at first, but I like the idea that something big is on the horizon.

My guess is it's setting the tone for the impending Cataclysm to hit Azeroth. The entire world is going to get rocked by a global event transforming the landscape in disaster in the expansion.

MisterAnderson said:
My guess is it's setting the tone for the impending Cataclysm to hit Azeroth. The entire world is going to get rocked by a global event transforming the landscape in disaster in the expansion.

Same, I have to admit it's pretty cool. Sure beats some random text based message.

Lolligag

Sigh, I've been having problems with this patch since the start. Reinstalled WoW and now I can't get past "Retrieving character list".

Lolligag

MisterAnderson said:
So I'm starting to feel more comfortable now. I just need to go out and download the appropriate UI stuff. What are the popular mods to use? Should I just go to wow.curse.com and look for the ones with good ratings/high downloads, or does WoW GAF recommend any?

And does any Prot Pally's have a good hotkey setup for their skills that they'd like to share?
I love using this site for finding new mods. http://www.vranx.com/

For basic mods, everyone uses:
Bartenders4 for buttons.
Quartz for casting bars.
Unitframes vary between ShadowedUF, Pitbull and xperl.

If you know the types of mods you want, yeah just look at Curse and check out the highest rated one for the categories. Make sure they're up to date.

markot

Banned
It would be nice to actually see Auberdine or crap get destroyed, and have events tied to it, rather then Auberdine 'Patch 4.03' Noberdine!

lordmrw

Tamanon said:
Oh man, leveling a paladin is so much more fun now, never mind after you get Word of Glory/Templar's Verdict.

i remember the pain of leveling my paladin. Those first twenty levels were terrible. You were basically a magic caveman. Club the enemy to death, and every 10 seconds you could hit them with.........a magic club. Its a testament to how awesome the class is that I stuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom