• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

will52 said:
Got my Black War Bear last night. Pretty happy about that. The raid was in bad shape at a few points and people were disconnecting constantly.

I have a feeling that maintenance will be long on Tuesday. BG's have been very broken, among other things.
How did you do Wrynn/Thrall with all those other faction leaders surrounding him?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So what's the best leveling spec for Paladin, Mage and Warrior with all the changes?

Alex

Retribution, Frost, and I don't know! I've heard lots of good things for Protection and it'd get you fast dungeon finder queues.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Anywhere to read up on actual specs? I checked EJ but could only find end-game build, been out since May last year and the game feels so different, not to mention the gear I had was pretty awesome at the time seems to be complete shit now :lol

Alex

Talents are pretty clear cut now between throughput, leveling, utility, pvp, etc. They cleaned it up a lot.

It's pretty easy to handcraft your own specs now, IMO, I wouldn't worry quite too much about it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, comparing Garrosh high res model to Thrall super low res model in Orgrimmar. (They're both next to each other now)... is quite a big shock.

Bisnic

Anyone know if the Alliance leaders in SW actually talk to each others?

I've seen Thrall, Garrosh, Voljin & Eitrigg talked to each other sooner, so i'd assume its the same with Alliance. But i've been waiting for ~10 mins and still nothing.

Kinda suck how there is 3 Horde leaders missing in Orgrimmar, while all the Alliance ones are in SW.

edit : nvm they've start talking.

Retro said:
I noticed that obnoxious crown too.

What is it about Blizzard that even when they put together something that's otherwise great, they always manage to sneak something that just completely dork-ifies their designs?
So true. And what is with the joker'esque grin? Is there anything about a DK that says happy face? umm absolutely nothing. Now that you said Burger King crown, that's all I'm ever going to see when looking at it:lol

I just don't understand Blizzard's resistance to traditional looking armor. I i know i've griped about it before. I thought the paladin T10 was such a great look, and no obnoxious additions. Blizz is incapable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Deputy Moonman said:
So true. And what is with the joker'esque grin? Is there anything about a DK that says happy face? umm absolutely nothing. Now that you said Burger King crown, that's all I'm ever going to see when looking at it:lol

I just don't understand Blizzard's resistance to traditional looking armor. I i know i've griped about it before. I thought the paladin T10 was such a great look, and no obnoxious additions. Blizz is incapable.
I especially loved the dress.

Sykotik

I knew the DK helm looked familiar to me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, then it hit me;

25kj0wg.jpg

Lumine

Deputy Moonman said:

A human skull naturely has a grin though. :p

I think Blizzard's art department is just trying to throw in as much detail as they can on relatively simple models while trying to look better and stronger than older previous armour sets. They should try to upgrade the player models somewhat more so they can use more uniform and down-to-earth-like armour sets, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon. :p

Retro said:
I think the crown is kind of silly looking, even though it's carrying the theme from the shoulders (which don't look that bad).

I get that they are trying to make a reference to the Lich King, but it looks like one of those cardboard Burger King crowns you'd get as a kid.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't stand out so much. The color could be more subdued, maybe even like an Iron Crown.

9k5yr4.jpg

hmmm.... clipped the points off the crown, added a single 'gem', darkened the whole thing from that obnoxious gold to a more subdued grey/brown.

Looks better to me.

lol, burger king crown.:D Great saying mate.

Personally I was thinking about the main dude in Dantes inferno. He has a reversed ugly looking helmet/jesus hat made from pointy straws.

Infinity

Just resubbed. Playing my 71 Ret Pally and it took some practice and reading to get used to the changes. Finishing moves and instant Exorcism add excellent burst damage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Let's hope Blizzard can get on making generic plate/cloth, etc. designs instead of just stealing non-set pieces from a specific Tier set.

Anyone else's sound really buggy? like the sounds lags sometimes or it wont play atall other than ambiance or even when I did the nexus earlier all sound died apart from a funny screeching noise, that and the Ui sometimes bugging out are rather annoying bugs ;/

Alex

No real bugs like that outside of a few dc's on and the day after patch day. Win 7 64 using 5.1 thru HDMI for sound.

vilmer_

Johnlenham said:
Anyone else's sound really buggy? like the sounds lags sometimes or it wont play atall other than ambiance or even when I did the nexus earlier all sound died apart from a funny screeching noise, that and the Ui sometimes bugging out are rather annoying bugs ;/

Funny, a friend of mine was complaining of the same issues with the sound earlier. He couldn't hear certain things, just ambience. He re-logged and it went away :/

Angry Grimace said:
I especially loved the dress.
It's no more a dress than the robes casters continually get stuck with.

Even still, I think there is a pretty big difference between this:
hello_kitty_dress.jpg

...and the following :D . I guess I've always assumed there is regular leg armor underneath, but overall, it works (like a highland look or something). Maybe different, but not obnoxious or over the top. And it's a throwback to paladin T2, anyway.
big-pa2.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I've thought and done everything i can but i still can't get the game to log into a game server.

This is such bullshit. Maybe it's a sign i shouldn't play the game anymore, it's certainly feeling that way. Type in my email and password, it says connected, pauses, then success and it's pauses for a while after that. Clearly it's timing out. When it times out it brings up the realm selection screen, pick any realm on the list and it pauses at logging into game server and after it times out you are back to the realm select screen.

The game doesn't seem to create my user account either in the wtf folder.

Anyone have any ideas?

markot

Banned
Got any programs running that might be interferring with it? Peerblocker?

Ummm.... might want to free up ports in your router too if you need to do that >.<

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:
Got any programs running that might be interferring with it? Peerblocker?

Ummm.... might want to free up ports in your router too if you need to do that >.<

Na nothing that would block it. This is a fresh install of windows with everything updated. I've port forwarded every port they suggest and tried it with none of them enabled. Neither works.

Looks like a few people who are having the same issue and have for days since the patch. No response from blizzard yet which is a shame.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Flib said:
Certain ISPs have been having a problem connecting people, could be that.

Nothing on the local aussie broadband forums about it. Going by some posts on the WoW forums though it looks like the game now switches ports at load screens, which is why you need so many of the bastards open. But they are all open so i have no idea.

Might just stick to playing TF2 :lol

Lolligag

Try removing all the ports that you opened for WoW, if you opened any at all.

That was the solution to my problem.... Pretty stupid.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
gonna patch and see what happens

Deputy Moonman said:
It's no more a dress than the robes casters continually get stuck with.

Even still, I think there is a pretty big difference between this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/awecelia/hello_kitty_dress.jpg

...and the following :D . I guess I've always assumed there is regular leg armor underneath, but overall, it works (like a highland look or something). Maybe different, but not obnoxious or over the top. And it's a throwback to paladin T2, anyway.
http://www.worldofraids.com/images/news/icecrown/big-pa2.jpg
Still looks like a dress. Just thin like a cocktail dress. The kilt look comes to the knees. Robes look like dresses too since they don't have loose long sleeves. Skin tight spandex legs aren't any better tho.

DeathNote said:
Still looks like a dress. Just thin like a cocktail dress. The kilt look comes to the knees. Robes look like dresses too since they don't have loose long sleeves. Skin tight spandex legs aren't any better tho.
Yeah. I dont know why, but the look has never bothered me. It's either because my main is a caster, so my toon has been wearing dress like outfits since day 1, or because paladins use magic to tank, so it makes sense to me that they might have some kind of plate dress lol

But I do think it's nice to give the tanking classes different looks to set them apart. here is the real question though... dress or crystals? :lol

Maybe blizzard was going for a samurai look
Adult-Samurai-Costume.jpg

nataku

One thing I hate about patches is getting all my addons to work properly again. It's even worse when I find out some aren't even updated any more, like CowTip. :(

Maybe I should just switch to the default UI...

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
Let's hope Blizzard can get on making generic plate/cloth, etc. designs instead of just stealing non-set pieces from a specific Tier set.

Naw, they're just going to gank one of the models, as you can see now three colors and with the way raiding has changed, you'll have Normal, Hard Mode, and then non-set-set.

Even though they have to technically make less gear, that's not going to stop them from cutting corners and recycling the hell out of stuff.

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
Nothing on the local aussie broadband forums about it. Going by some posts on the WoW forums though it looks like the game now switches ports at load screens, which is why you need so many of the bastards open. But they are all open so i have no idea.

Might just stick to playing TF2 :lol

Did you try running as admin?!???!

I cant think of anything else >.>

Oh, try playing windowed if you are not, or play fullscreen if you are windowed. In beta it screwed me up once and I had to change it... Also disable all effects set it to low and disable sound >.<

Bisnic

Is it just me or is Gearscore a bit broken for some of your characters? On like half my characters, it completely hides my character attributes window. It's empty. =/

Sober

Bisnic said:
Is it just me or is Gearscore a bit broken for some of your characters? On like half my characters, it completely hides my character attributes window. It's empty. =/
Dunno if anyone noticed, but in the expanded character sheet, under "General", there is HEALTH, MANA, and after that is ITEM LEVEL, which gives you the average itemlevel of all your gear. Not as precise as GS/Wowheroes that probably weigh certain slots over others (like the shitty bracer slot), but it's still nice to have.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:
Did you try running as admin?!???!

I cant think of anything else >.>

Oh, try playing windowed if you are not, or play fullscreen if you are windowed. In beta it screwed me up once and I had to change it... Also disable all effects set it to low and disable sound >.<

yea i've done everything i can think of. I'm going to try a web install tonight and see what the hell happens with that. Chances are it won't solve it since it seems to be a widespread issue.

Lolligag

evlcookie said:
yea i've done everything i can think of. I'm going to try a web install tonight and see what the hell happens with that. Chances are it won't solve it since it seems to be a widespread issue.
I've had the SAME exact problem look at what you ignored...

Lolligag said:
Try removing all the ports that you opened for WoW, if you opened any at all.

That was the solution to my problem.... Pretty stupid.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Lolligag said:
I've had the SAME exact problem look at what you ignored...

I didn't ignore it. I've done that. I've had only 1 specific port open at a time, all of them, none of them, a combination of them etc. It still isn't fixed.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
-Downloaded the patch for live and didn't have any login problems.

-Just killed Anzu without ever killing him before. Had to farm some lower city rep on the DK actually. So, that warrior up there was bugged. The drop rate is only 1.6%?

Lain

Johnlenham said:

My sound does the same, especially when I have 2 clients on at the same time. It's really annoying. I even had the sounds effects de-synced the other day, with everything playing 20 seconds after, then I closed the second client and all the sounds played in fast forward until it re-synced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom