• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Rokam said:
It looks like Anzu will only be there if you've killed him before. Wasn't there on my warrior, but was there on my druid.

Slightly dumb question, but just in case: Are you sure your warrior was in the heroic? A guildie got caught out by that.

Rokam

mclem said:
Slightly dumb question, but just in case: Are you sure your warrior was in the heroic? A guildie got caught out by that.

Not a dumb question, I double checked and still not there. Perhaps I'm just bugged, I'll check on my pally once I get the rep.

paladin_tier11.jpg

Paladin T11

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:
Delete that wtf folder

It's been a year since i have played. I forgot about that troubleshooting option. Will try :D

Edit: Nup. I think it's screwed after that 15mb update. Launcher also wants to apply some non critical updates even though it looks to be all done.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
mclem said:

I just did heroic Sethekk Halls on my warrior that never fought Anzu before. And he was there.

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
It's been a year since i have played. I forgot about that troubleshooting option. Will try :D

Edit: Nup. I think it's screwed after that 15mb update. Launcher also wants to apply some non critical updates even though it looks to be all done.
Have you downloaded the whole game or is it streaming still?

fugimax

What rotation/priorities are 2H frost DKs using now? I mean, practically, not the theory bullshit.

I reforged my gear to max hit/expertise and threw the rest into mastery. Having a hard time getting back into it. I used to just slam out the rotation, but i'm sooooo rusty and things have changed so much in the last year since I last played.

Garryk

Game just crashed for me and now the launcher won't start. Anybody else having this issue?

EDIT: Rage of the Wookiees was the beginning of the end for SWG.

Garryk said:
Game just crashed for me and now the launcher won't start. Anybody else having this issue?

EDIT: Rage of the Wookiees was the beginning of the end for SWG.
im having this issue =[

Says i have no internet connection

PatzCU

Retro said:
/sigh...

Who the hell decided that Paladin = Crystals? It's getting old.

It really is getting old. T2 and T6 were both incredible Paladin sets. Most of the rest are either crystals or power ranger type stuff. Uggggggh, such great potential, always ruined. We need more sets like Priest T6 too, so awesome.

Maybe all of T6 was awesome?

Alex

I got a new PC and a new TV while I was unsubbed from WoW for that year and half or so and man, I've just got to say, it is really amazing what this old engine was able to do with BC and LK world zones. Going through Terokkar on 1080p ultra, this shit looks better than the environments in many of the MMOs coming out now.

Now if they'd just update those old races, I'm still taken aback that this hasn't been done. They're so out of place with all the new stuff having more geometry and wildly better texturing.

Finally got to raid with my new guild; second time running with them due to my work schedule. Started on Sindragosa and wow, being on the second string raid team sucks. I killed Sindragosa last month for the first time, after months of fails. So I feel like I'm a grizzled veteran of the fight.

Got her to 18% on the first try, and never got close to that again. Hour and a half of people getting ice blocked, getting disconnected, people not running out of Sindy's aoe, etc. I had to OT and watched as the MT kept awkwardly pulling the boss after the air phase, resulting in people getting tail swiped as he positioned it.

The only fun part of the night was doing 15k on the whelp trash in Sindy's room. Blood and Thunder is pretty fun :lol

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
"Tip: Don't stand in the fire!

...If we fix our projected textures and effects and you can see them again".
Turn off "Emphasize your spell effects" In Interface>Display (I think it's display). ATM all it seems to do is turn down effects that aren't yours, which leads to issues. When I turned that off everything worked much better.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why does the blizzard downloader suck. And why no mirrors for the tools update. It's the only thing stopping me from actually updating the damn game.

PhoenixDark said:
Finally got to raid with my new guild; second time running with them due to my work schedule. Started on Sindragosa and wow, being on the second string raid team sucks. I killed Sindragosa last month for the first time, after months of fails. So I feel like I'm a grizzled veteran of the fight.

Got her to 18% on the first try, and never got close to that again. Hour and a half of people getting ice blocked, getting disconnected, people not running out of Sindy's aoe, etc. I had to OT and watched as the MT kept awkwardly pulling the boss after the air phase, resulting in people getting tail swiped as he positioned it.

The only fun part of the night was doing 15k on the whelp trash in Sindy's room. Blood and Thunder is pretty fun :lol

That fight is the worst as a tank because there is basically nothing you can do to save it from getting ruined by morons!
As a DK I dont run from the AoE,I just save Spell shield and it drops it from 23k to 4k and positioning we have the OT stand inline with the stairs and me alittle further ahead but at 90 degrees so when she lands, he runs-taunts and bring her to the staircase, I taunt back and she wings round to the proper angel ncie and painless :D

Wiped on 2% and I fuckign raged so hard after two days of wiping I didn't login to see the 3rd.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Turn off "Emphasize your spell effects" In Interface>Display (I think it's display). ATM all it seems to do is turn down effects that aren't yours, which leads to issues. When I turned that off everything worked much better.

I have it off, but I notice that it still doesn't fix it all the time on "uneven" ground, and where there's stuff laying around on the ground as well sometimes. Odd bug indeed.

Rapstah

Two more bugs I've experienced in the last hour:
  • When Arthas stops outside the Town Hall in CoT: CoS, he will ALWAYS bug after you talk with him and stand still for 30 seconds before teleporting to his next way point.
  • Every single Frost Wyrm NPC in Icecrown suddenly decided to go kolibri on me and started playing back their animations at at least three times their intended speed.

itxaka

Defeatist
So I logged in and I can't see nobody....

Grouped with someone and it said that he was on a different "phase"

Anyone knows what is going on? I can't see players nor npcs.

EDIT: Awesome. If I kill myself I don't need to walk to my body, I get resurrected 25 seconds like in battlegrounds.....like if I was still on a BG...

Retro

PatzCU said:
It really is getting old. T2 and T6 were both incredible Paladin sets. Most of the rest are either crystals or power ranger type stuff. Uggggggh, such great potential, always ruined. We need more sets like Priest T6 too, so awesome.

Maybe all of T6 was awesome?

I still think Tier 2 is the best set Paladins have had. Tier 6 isn't that bad looking, especially when you place it in the context of Outland (it has a certain Outland 'look' to it).

Everything else has been garbage, though the White version of Tier 9 wasn't too bad (if you turned off the helm, of course)... the class has had much worse.

Still waiting for them to realize that just a traditional metallic Plate Armor with White accents would be a welcome change from... THAT.

manofmandango said:
They actually look like stone feathers to me.

Nah, they'd be more uniform if they were feathers. Look at the helm (especially the side view) and the shoulders, there's the usual 'smaller floating crystals' thing going on. They're crystals.

I think we can safely blame this on the Spacegoats.

CAW said:
Anyone else getting frustrated of the WSG flag bug? I've been quite patient about it as I can normally just alt+tab out of my crashed/frozen game and then re-connect into the BG until this morning when I guess some impatient bastard must have reported me. So I returned in Org with a deserter debuff....

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27303223084&postId=272830462525&sid=1#0
Theres one for rezzing thats pissing me off, you die and then you don't revive, I spent like a minute and a half trying to revive at one point

Bgs on my druid are so much fun, lower levels you don't feel like your going to get raped like if I go on my DK and two people come at em I know im dead but on my druid I cna think "Oh I might be able to take em"

Also Dungeon finder is madness with xp buff/herilooms, I went to one dungeon at 22 fresh 22, came out almost 23 :lol

Retro

Outdoor Miner said:
DK T11 is great except for the Burger King helm. DK's should prepare for a flurry of "Can I has cheeseburger" tells once they wear that bad boy.

I noticed that obnoxious crown too.

What is it about Blizzard that even when they put together something that's otherwise great, they always manage to sneak something that just completely dork-ifies their designs?

Retro

HixxSAFC said:
I think the helm is great. It would look terrible without the whole set though.

I think the crown is kind of silly looking, even though it's carrying the theme from the shoulders (which don't look that bad).

I get that they are trying to make a reference to the Lich King, but it looks like one of those cardboard Burger King crowns you'd get as a kid.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't stand out so much. The color could be more subdued, maybe even like an Iron Crown.

9k5yr4.jpg

hmmm.... clipped the points off the crown, added a single 'gem', darkened the whole thing from that obnoxious gold to a more subdued grey/brown.

Looks better to me.

idlewild_

the hunter set it pretty sweet, i'll have my helm active on my hunter for the first time since...vanilla or something :lol

also that dk set looks pretty badass imho, especially the orange one

Willectro

Banned
Got my Black War Bear last night. Pretty happy about that. The raid was in bad shape at a few points and people were disconnecting constantly.

I have a feeling that maintenance will be long on Tuesday. BG's have been very broken, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom