• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bisnic said:
I'd rather they make ZG into a cool and useful lvling zone than an abandoned raid that people only do in hope of 2 mounts dropping at 1% chance once a week.

They could leave ZG as is and make a new leveling area right next to it. They didn't have to take it out of the game. Just like they didn't have to take Naxxrammas60 out of the game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
mclem said:
We're really struggling in raids. I *think* it's the healing, while I'm shaky as a tank I believe I've got the basic stuff locked down now, but all of us tanks are getting squashed very quickly. Hopefully the weekend will give people a chance to actually get to grips with their class, I think people were forced into raiding a bit too quickly.

Anyone able to give some guidelines as to what I should be looking for in the logs for the various healers to show they're either doing the right thing or something very wrong? I'm suspicious about the fact that our pally healers aren't really using Divine Light yet.
FoL doesn't heal for much less than Divine Light at 80, and you can't afford to cast Divine Light at 80 given you die in 2 hits.

Bisnic said:
Unless all you want to do is heal instances from 70 to 80, i dont see why you would think Holy is better than Ret. :lol
No..

That isn't true. Holy does some damn good dps now.. and its hard to run out of mana even..

Exorcism spam 1.5 sec cast.. and then holy shock.

I was pulling more DPS then a Ret Pally in some dungeon groups yesterday.

Sciz

3p4VX.jpg

All the trash that used to be in the room is gone now. New daily farm gooooooooo

God I love Feral Swiftness, makes these painfully slow running sections so much better + the added 4% dodge makes killing 4 mobs at a time even better :lol

Infinity

TurtleSnatcher said:
No..

That isn't true. Holy does some damn good dps now.. and its hard to run out of mana even..

This is exactly what I was curious about. With the changes, Holy appears to be a viable leveling spec.

With the lowered cost of dual-spec'ing this would be an easy comparison.

Lain

Sai-kun said:
Yay, Anzu doesn't require a moonstone to summon :D
Sciz said:
Wait, what? Elaborate.
Sai-kun said:
He's literally just chilling out in the middle of the room. :lol
Bisnic said:
So any class can fight him? You don't need a druid anymore?
Sai-kun said:

I'm glad I checked this thread, such a great info. Went and killed him, took me so long though, with these changes my DPS as Holy Paladin has gone into the ground.
Well, no mount, but now I can add him to the rotation with ZG for a second tiger and a raptor.

TurtleSnatcher said:
No..

I'm curious about this. Before the patch, I could do "nice" DPS as Holy with judgement, exo spam, holy shock, consacration and SoTR, and thanks to judgement and seal my mana usage wouldn't be too bad. Now using exorcism drains me quick, judgement doesn't do all that much, Crusader Strike too and consacration is on such a long CD that I find it kinda useless, so even 20k mobs in heroic Setthek were taking me too long compared to the past.
How do you sustain exo spam? I mean, what glyphs/talents did you pick?

Rapstah

What would happen if I bought approx. 50 ilvl 270 pvp shields for 70 honor each, logged out of my character, logged back in when they raise the price of them and turn them all back in?

Evlar

Banned
Rapstah said:
What would happen if I bought approx. 50 ilvl 270 pvp shields for 70 honor each, logged out of my character, logged back in when they raise the price of them and turn them all back in?
You'd lose the honor and get a 72-hour suspension.

So I finally am able to log back into my Goblin Shaman and finished the Lost Isles which is really really awesome. Up to level 21 at the moment and Azshara is pretty damn good so far.

Hell yeah, Gob Squad!

gnGQg.jpg

EDIT: Holy shit. I was just fighting a Night Elf NPC for the last Azshara quest and he has a Street Fighter reference that he does. It's fucking awesome.

Hado.....

KEN!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sciz said:
http://imgur.com/3p4VX.jpg

All the trash that used to be in the room is gone now. New daily farm gooooooooo
Damn. Now I'm tempted to go through with it. Was trying to avoid it since every god damn Druid has one, but Anzu will go nicely with my Cenarion Hippogryph.

Flib

No, Kezan gets destroyed, so I presume the Undermine goes with it (unless it's coming back later as a raid or something). There is a section above the undermine, it's the beginning of the Goblin starting area.

It's possible they may add more areas to the seas during Cataclysm, seeing as the Maelstrom has it's own continent map now.

Rokam

It looks like Anzu will only be there if you've killed him before. Wasn't there on my warrior, but was there on my druid.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Quick 15mb update and the game won't be validated. Seems to be happening to a lot of people. You have all been warned until they hotfix it~

Lumine

I don't really care that much for the armour sets (most of them are just average/mediocre) but that Hunter one is hilariously bad. They should've just gone for a Murloc look or something. :lol

Alex

It's like Hunter T2 mutated, that really is the worst.

The Shaman one is just bland.

The rest so far I like ok, Priest would be really good if they'd just shrink the pads. DK wins so far, IMO.

McNei1y

was there some patch update after 4.0.1 today? I just had to download something and then when I tried to log in after it restarted it says "Unable to verify game version".

WTF.

Lumine

Pally and Hunter pics are up on mmochampion. Hunter doesn't look as bad on there and pally one is surprisingly decent, though not very good. I think mage probably the best one.

Alex

The Hunter set looks better in the less crazy color scheme on MMOChampion, but that helmet is still the worst :lol Well, it or Hunter T2.I've always thought Hunter T2 was just the worst looking armor. Although I did see an Orc Warlock in a mooncloth robe once.

I like the Paladin armor. I want to see the effect MMOC says it has.

It's not up to snuff with T5/T6, but it's probably the best stuff we've gotten since then, IMO.

Flib

I like the helmet but hate everything else.

It will probably look cool on a troll, instead of a lobotomized human.

edit: oh shit, the shoulders are eggs with larvae inside...I assume they will wriggle. Lol.

yacobod

Banned
man the hunter set is fucking horrid, out of my 3 80s, the dk has the best set, i guess the warrior set is ok, but hunter is the worst tier in the game eva

Kintaco

DeathNote said:
Dislike every sigle tier set. horrid. October fools? Gear on their next mmo better look amazing.
I wouldn't go this far, some are decent, but they are clearly insane in the armor design department in Blizzard. I'm amazed some of these ugly ass armor sets have gotten fairly positive reactions.

J-Rzez

Holy shit at hunter T11... That's easily the worst looking tier set in years lol! That paladin set is disgusting as well. Easily the worst art I've ever seen from Blizzard for Tier sets, it's insulting, elementary, and laughable at the same time. Blizzard royally failed with this stuff. Not a great start to this expansion for sure. The DK and War sets are "passable" if you hide the helms.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I think Hunter tier 11 will look neat on a goblin, reminds me a bit of Squig Herder from Warhammer.

PatzCU

I actually kind of like the Hunter set. Like it or not, its definitely one of the most unique sets to date. The paladin set is pretty awful =( What the fuck is Bliz thinking on these tier sets? Who gives the green light on these?

In an effort to make sense of this. What raid dungeon is this supposed to be for? It looks like the theme is elements and rocks?

Alex

markot said:
Why did blizz add the hotfixed 80 stuff to the beta >.<? Shouldnt they be balancing for 85?

Most of that stuff very much applies to beta too. Casters too high, lots of melee too low.

First raid test started today with the Tol'barad boss, couple of bosses from the new raids going up on the 17th so the downpour of tweaks will keep rolling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom