• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Bisnic said:
Anyone know if the Alliance leaders in SW actually talk to each others?

I've seen Thrall, Garrosh, Voljin & Eitrigg talked to each other sooner, so i'd assume its the same with Alliance. But i've been waiting for ~10 mins and still nothing.

Kinda suck how there is 3 Horde leaders missing in Orgrimmar, while all the Alliance ones are in SW.

edit : nvm they've start talking.
Probably has something to do with the Horde getting a chance to see Cairne vs Garrosh duel later on, unless they show that in a cinematic...

I find it quite ironic that when details of Cataclysm and land takeovers were first leaked, a lot of Alliance players were pissed off that certain "strongholds" would be lost to the Horde. Rocking up at the Stormwind Keep just now and watching all the racial leaders and Pacifist Proudmoore talk amongst themselves showed just how aligned and together the Alliance is atm in terms of lore compared to the Horde (Undercity coup, Sylvanas becoming the next Lich King in methods only, inevitable death of Cairne, people crying tears over the next Warchief being a meathead, etc). I'm just glad to get some war back into this franchise. It only took them 6 years.

Xiaoki

speedpop said:
I'm just glad to get some war back into this franchise. It only took them 6 years.
Yeah, they're putting the "war" back into Warcraft at a time when the world is on the verge of total destruction because of Deathwing and the Old Gods.

But hey, at least when Azeroth is destroyed and all life is extinct the Horde can say they were in control of Warsong Gulch. Bragging rights forever! Whoooo!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
working together is more epic to me. select individuals from both factions that know what the greater good is. which is why i await the day to defect.

Yaweee

What world events are currently active, exactly? I'm under the impression that things are going to become available in phases, so I'd rather subscribe again at the perfect time to see as many of the events as possible.

Is Gnomer/Echo still available?
Twilight Cult in the towns?
Elemental Invasion?
All of the new special bosses in the old dungeons?

Flib

Yaweee said:
What world events are currently active, exactly? I'm under the impression that things are going to become available in phases, so I'd rather subscribe again at the perfect time to see as many of the events as possible.

Is Gnomer/Echo still available?
Twilight Cult in the towns?
Elemental Invasion?
All of the new special bosses in the old dungeons?
None of that is currently available, but will be over the next few weeks (apart from reclaiming the echo isles/gnomer)

Yaweee

Flib said:
None of that is currently available, but will be over the next few weeks (apart from reclaiming the echo isles/gnomer)

Thanks. Look like I'll just try to resub a few days before 4.0.3 then.

Willectro

Banned
Rapstah said:
How did you do Wrynn/Thrall with all those other faction leaders surrounding him?

Thrall wasn't too difficult with a 40 man group. Have a few tanks lead, lots of heals, and AOE/Warlocks(Dots and summons) are good to have also. The actual fights aren't too bad. The difficult part is organizing 40 people. And approach is everything (ie. Back entrance to Org, etc.). You don't want to screw around near the cities waiting on people to arrive etc. We hit org first and by time we got to TB we had about 50 lvl 80's waiting for us on top of the elites. So we wiped at TB so we quickly headed to Silvermoon and then Undercity. This was a pug, I'm not in a large guild or anything. So this is definately doable. Vent is good to have also, just boot people who dont join. Overall it was a cool experience.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Been playing my Paladin and it's been pretty awesome, went from 62 to 66 in a day or two. Loving one shotting mobs with Art of War :lol

notworksafe

Dina said:
What websites, apart from MMO-C, do you guys follow for WoW news?
None, really. There's WoW Insider, but they just repost the same news along with insipid and often factually inaccurate articles.

Won

Just healed for the first time since Molten Core with my priest. Very interesting. That's a lot of buttons to keep around!

J-Rzez said:
Wonder what this "reveal" trailer is going to end up looking like today. CGI or all in game.

Official site talks about "first look at cinematic footage". So all CG, I guess.

will52 said:
Thrall wasn't too difficult with a 40 man group. Have a few tanks lead, lots of heals, and AOE/Warlocks(Dots and summons) are good to have also. The actual fights aren't too bad. The difficult part is organizing 40 people. And approach is everything (ie. Back entrance to Org, etc.). You don't want to screw around near the cities waiting on people to arrive etc. We hit org first and by time we got to TB we had about 50 lvl 80's waiting for us on top of the elites. So we wiped at TB so we quickly headed to Silvermoon and then Undercity. This was a pug, I'm not in a large guild or anything. So this is definately doable. Vent is good to have also, just boot people who dont join. Overall it was a cool experience.
Did mine in a pug and it was mental :lol I remember getting to the last one for us (Blood elf guy) and Dcing on the pull/game crashing and swearing at the TV SO loud! manage dot get back on after he had died, was swearing and cursing in rage then realized i had mail and was dancing about lol

Have to say Mangle is mental even as a 26 druid. Was in Ab, snuk up on a hunter 3 levels above me and one shotted him :lol needless to say I was destroying people with it. Shame alliance fucking suck at PvP on my server, god If only faction swap wasn't so expensive id have all 3 chars off to Horde :/

moojito

Johnlenham said:
Did mine in a pug and it was mental :lol I remember getting to the last one for us (Blood elf guy) and Dcing on the pull/game crashing and swearing at the TV SO loud! manage dot get back on after he had died, was swearing and cursing in rage then realized i had mail and was dancing about lol

Have to say Mangle is mental even as a 26 druid. Was in Ab, snuk up on a hunter 3 levels above me and one shotted him :lol needless to say I was destroying people with it. Shame alliance fucking suck at PvP on my server, god If only faction swap wasn't so expensive id have all 3 chars off to Horde :/

I hear that. I have like 5 alliance toons on a server with dead alliance side, thriving horde side and of course, my 9 horde are on a server exactly the opposite.

So I have a slight worry, startin playing my Ele Shaman again (a bit more fun now.) With many creatures in Cataclysm being fire based.......wtf are Ele shamans suppose to do when we can't use FS+LB?

This totally reminds me of SSC in BC when some creatures (and bosses) were immune to nature.

Alex

Annnddd Paladin raid healing is completely stupid overpowered in Cataclysm raiding at the moment and will need to be nerfed. Continue to flood those forums with temper tantrums about how broken you are because you cant slam your palm on your Holy Light keybinds and win anymore, Paladins.

Rule 1 of game design: If you have a Paladin class in your game, NEVER listen to a word it 's player base says.

Swag

Alex said:
Annnddd Paladin raid healing is completely stupid overpowered in Cataclysm raiding at the moment and will need to be nerfed. Continue to flood those forums with temper tantrums about how broken you are because you cant slam your palm on your Holy Light keybinds and win anymore, Paladins.

So people are complaining about overpowered raid healing? I don't get it

Alex

Paladins are non-exaggeratively crying and whining up the entirety of the healing board because they feel they're underpowered on live. This is because they went from being able to slam their fist on a row of Holy Light hotkeys and autowin to having to actually manage a legitimate healing model.

To some credit, they parse slightly, yes slightly, below other healers who abuse the current clash of design from WOTLK and Cataclysm, but they have no issue managing current content. It's just healing meter vanity, which is what WOTLK in general brought healing; sniping and crying.

Fast forward to raid testing in Cata, Paladins are curb stomping other healers by a factor of two to one in real content before you even count in their personal procs like PotI. And hey, look their AoE is working fantastic next to the retuned CoH and WG, etc.

It'll be tuned, but this is why you don't cry like a bitch at the drop of a hat over something like this.

Alex said:

Rule 1 of game design: If you have a Paladin class in your game, NEVER listen to a word it 's player base says.
you_mad.jpg

I dont have a pally nor do I care much about raid healing but its appropriate :lol

Alex

The game community just drives me bonkers sometimes. Half of my time is probably split between Priest and Paladin, so it's not like I'm out to get them, it's just aggravating going to read something and every single response is a crying person.

It's what I get for reading those forums, i guess. But it's hard to not want to take a moment and watch the car crash when looking at blue posts.

notworksafe

As someone who mains a Paladin, fuck Paladin players. They are some of the whiniest players for being Blizzard's favorite class.

All three specs are good at their job right now (too good some would say) but if you asked most of the players, you'd hear nothing but complains because they have to hit more than 3-4 buttons to do their job.

Also the trailer is damn good looking. Although I'm in the minority, I like it more than Wrath's. Just thought there was more going on. Wrath was just a lot of shots of Arthas with a better song in the background.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alex said:
It was already hotfixed anyway, I believe.
It doesn't seem to have been, it doesn't work on mine.

Plus, it can't be "hotfixed."

Ujumqin said:
This can't be hotfixed, so a client side fix would have to be used for this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I haven't seen anyone in the official thread say it works for them either, so this addon is really nice for now.

Alex

That's not what someone told me!

THAT PERSON IS A LIAR.

Seriously, that sucks, thanks for the link in that case.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Even after an install from the battle.net site, i still get stuck on the realm list.

Ah well. Will have to really wait it out and see if blizzard actually responds to the 25 page support thread or issues a fix.

And that intro was pretty damn cool :D

moojito

See, they make deathwing out to be a huge badass and it's all very impressive. In a few months' time, though, a gnome with a tiny sword and shield is going to run up to him and start chipping away at his toenail while deathwing stands there occasionally swiping an arm and doing some kind of breath attack.

Swag

moojito said:
See, they make deathwing out to be a huge badass and it's all very impressive. In a few months' time, though, a gnome with a tiny sword and shield is going to run up to him and start chipping away at his toenail while deathwing stands there occasionally swiping an arm and doing some kind of breath attack.

I'm expecting that fight to happen mostly with Deathwing in his human form, with something similar to Frostmourne room happening where he goes dragon but we fight him on dragons or something, see: Malygos Phase 3.

He's too big for normal raid mechanics imo :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sebulon3k said:
I'm expecting that fight to happen mostly with Deathwing in his human form, with something similar to Frostmourne room happening where he goes dragon but we fight him on dragons or something, see: Malygos Phase 3.

He's too big for normal raid mechanics imo :lol
There's been plenty of "big" bosses. My guess is, he won't scale past the size that the other aspects are for that fight. He's not theoretically bigger than Malygos or Alexstrasa.

I don't think Arthas was really 12 feet tall either.

Has xperl been updated or is there something similar thats worth using? the Ui is abit bonkers atm and well I just like Xperl alot more than standard ui :lol

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Johnlenham said:
Has xperl been updated or is there something similar thats worth using? the Ui is abit bonkers atm and well I just like Xperl alot more than standard ui :lol
xperl has updated like 3 times just today. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom