• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flib

notworksafe said:
Oooh! Are pics possible?

Yep, give me a few minutes...Though you have to see it in motion to grasp the full effect, since the air textures on the buildings are all moving and it's gorgeous.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Flib said:
Unfortunately, they haven't, and it really sucks since they put so much care into the old world otherwise.

Vortex Pinnacle does have the most gorgeous skybox in the game though.

Well, that's disappointing. Maybe they'll update it in a later patch.. who knows. Or maybe a surprise for the live servers on launch day(i'm being too optimistic am i?).

Flib

Flying to the Vortex Pinnacle:

WoWScrnShot_101810_201517.jpg

Inside (enjoy my troll druid forms):

WoWScrnShot_101810_201628.jpg

WoWScrnShot_101810_201638.jpg

WoWScrnShot_101810_201647.jpg

WoWScrnShot_101810_201650.jpg

It's even more gorgeous at night (all the lighting changes). Note that the clouds on the columns move, it's just stunning in motion. The reason I'm floating is that when you fall off the platforms, the wind catches you and eventually throws you back up. The mobs do knockback, so it's fun when you're the tank and get blown off.

Bisnic

Another question, did they touch the early Draenei & Blood elves quests at all? I suppose not since they are alright compared to the older ones.

Also, is there still a loading screen between Ghostlands & EPL and Azuremyst Isle & Darkshore?

And is Exodar's FP finally connected to the rest of Kalimdor?

Ok I have a fun one on Live.

When I start out, I have 45-60fps with most things on High. Then, usually when I zone out of an instance, suddenly I have like 8-10fps.

But get this, a ReloadUI fixes everything.

Ideas? I do use some addons but by no means tons of them.

notworksafe

I used to have that exact problem, but I ran a fully custom UI.

If you mouse over the computer icon on your WoW menu bar, it will show how much memory your addons are using (also other neat things like background downloader progress and FPS). Could be worthwhile to see if going into/leaving an instance increases memory usage for some reason. That was my problem.

notworksafe said:
I used to have that exact problem, but I ran a fully custom UI.

If you mouse over the computer icon on your WoW menu bar, it will show how much memory your addons are using. Could be worthwhile to see if going into/leaving an instance increases memory usage for some reason. That was my problem.

I'll check that whey go in next. Thanks.

It does load the boss mods add-on these it makes sense.

Flib

Bisnic said:
Another question, did they touch the early Draenei & Blood elves quests at all? I suppose not since they are alright compared to the older ones.

Also, is there still a loading screen between Ghostlands & EPL and Azuremyst Isle & Darkshore?

And is Exodar's FP finally connected to the rest of Kalimdor?
No to everything. Quests aren't updated, can't get there without getting instanced. You actually can't even fly on your mount in any of those areas.

I guess since they're instanced, that's why they made those decisions, but it's a bit lame.

notworksafe

krypt0nian said:
I'll check that whey go in next. Thanks.

It does load the boss mods add-on these it makes sense.
Yep! That would do it. I usually turn the 5 man version of the mods off since 5s are so easy-mode now. Saves the extra load time when zoning in.

Flib said:
No to everything. Quests aren't updated, can't get there without getting instanced. You actually can't even fly on your mount in any of those areas.

I guess since they're instanced, that's why they made those decisions, but it's a bit lame.
WHAT!? Damn that's lame. But I guess if the old zones are made better I won't be bothering with Ghostlands/Bloodmyst. It'll be a nice change from taking any alt I make there at level 15.

Bisnic

Lol this is stupid, they update everything, you can fly everywhere in the game except a few lvl 1-20 zones for blood elves & draeneis. And i assume, Isle of Queldanas too(not that this one matter anyway, no one goes there unless they want the Sunwell achievement.)

I guess i know where my future blood elves & draeneis will lvl.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:
Healing rain doesnt do much healing >.< But I guess chain heal makes up for it...

I dunno. It was from his perspective and numbers were flying all over the place. I figured it was all him doing that and there were 2 pallies on top of the meters by a good amount.

I fixed my WoW too markot. Unplugged my modem for a few minutes and plugged it back in, WoW started working. Nfi why :lol

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
I dunno. It was from his perspective and numbers were flying all over the place. I figured it was all him doing that and there were 2 pallies on top of the meters by a good amount.

I fixed my WoW too markot. Unplugged my modem for a few minutes and plugged it back in, WoW started working. Nfi why :lol
lol, weird.

But yea, pallies are pretty op healing wise in beta.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
SnakeswithLasers said:
Any good sites with guides to the heroics? Getting back into the game is tough since I don't remember shit...
The best thing to do is just say in party chat that you haven't played the game in a while and you forget the mechanics of certain things. The tank or healer will usually pipe up and say how it goes.

speedpop said:
The best thing to do is just say in party chat that you haven't played the game in a while and you forget the mechanics of certain things. The tank or healer will usually pipe up and say how it goes.

That's what I did after returning from 18 months out. I did later ask on some healer forums for some tips since I had never healed before then.

Alex

Healing rain is quite good, in part due to the earthliving procs it slams around, it is situational though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Flib said:

They aren't instanced, they are just on the same server as Outland, I believe.

Lain

DeathNote said:
I had it at 1050 with only 1 freeze every hour last month. This week it's unplayable at 800x600.

Stupid question, but did you try to update your graphic card drivers? The game was running like shit for me too after the patch, constantly giving me little freezes for half a second every 10 seconds. Updated the graphic card driver today and now it runs flawlessly, I was even able to turn a couple setting like the new water effect up (but loading a second client now really makes it unplayable :lol).
I still have sound glitches, those didn't go away updating the sound card drivers, but anyways, it's worth giving it a try if you didn't.

Ashodin

I did the horseman earlier today (as previously posted) but I forgot to mention that I did it as Holy. The funny part, is I was #2 dps using exorcism spam and holy shock craziness, lolshockadin!

speedpop said:
It's a problem when YOU'RE the tank though... People don't seem to have a lot of patience in wow... :lol

Duki

Banned
man, what's the worst that can happen? someone on the internet is going to yell at you? just tell them to be patient, and if they're cunts about it they're cunts about it. no skin off your back.

Duki said:
man, what's the worst that can happen? someone on the internet is going to yell at you? just tell them to be patient, and if they're cunts about it they're cunts about it. no skin off your back.
lol, no I'm not worried about it. I just don't like having no idea what I'm doing. Got kicked from a party earlier because I didn't know how to do the joust instance. I'd never done it! How was I supposed to know? :lol

Man the warrior class keeps getting better and better. Got to 22 today and did some of my first dungeon runs. Being the center of attention is certainly boosting my ego. Another nice thing is that the random finder is instantaneous and Wailing Caverns is blocked because I did not discover it yet (Thank God).

Some of the flaws are starting to peak through though. Rage starvation and getting in melee range. Hopefully when I get enrage and intervene it makes it easier. Also when did Blizzard decide to hand out nice blue items for random dungeons? Some pretty nice stuff so far. WTB plus to hit though. I miss my swings too much. And I've come to the realization today that leveling at the lower levels has become extremely easy. Now at 10 you are basically getting the 31 point talent points that would come at 40. I mean mortal strike and then a victory rush and the mob is dead. I can just imagine rogues with mutilate and locks with fel guard.

Swag

SnakeswithLasers said:
lol, no I'm not worried about it. I just don't like having no idea what I'm doing. Got kicked from a party earlier because I didn't know how to do the joust instance. I'd never done it! How was I supposed to know? :lol

It's just at that point in the expansion where everyone knows these things and people are just trying to clear it for the xxxth time.

If you absolutely can't take the berating and jokes wowwiki.com

Dr. Pangloss said:
Man the warrior class keeps getting better and better. Got to 22 today and did some of my first dungeon runs. Being the center of attention is certainly boosting my ego. Another nice thing is that the random finder is instantaneous and Wailing Caverns is blocked because I did not discover it yet (Thank God).

WTF When did this change take effect

Sebulon3k said:
WTF When did this change take effect

I have no idea. Its just xed out when I look at specific dungeons I can go to and that is the reason listed. Everything else: RFC, DM, SFK, BFD and stockades is available. And I have not been to the eastern kingdoms yet. But I won't complain because WC is the worse instance in that it is long and everything is not laid out in a path. Not worth it especially for a mail wearer.

Edit: Some more background if you are interested. Started a troll warrior this weekend. Got to 18 for sunder armor. Respec to Defense and looked at the dungeon finder. WC only one blacken out like how Halls of Reflection is blacken if you have not done Pits of Saron. Que for dungeons and never went to WC in about 5-7 ques. This is on live and I have never been in beta.

Swag

Dr. Pangloss said:
I have no idea. Its just xed out when I look at specific dungeons I can go to and that is the reason listed. Everything else: RFC, DM, SFK, BFD and stockades is available. And I have not been to the eastern kingdoms yet. But I won't complain because WC is the worse instance in that it is long and everything is not laid out in a path. Not worth it especially for a mail wearer.

I was worried for a second that I'd actually have to run to all the Cata dungeons before I could queue for them, fuck that shit.

Sai-kun

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
I was worried for a second that I'd actually have to run to all the Cata dungeons before I could queue for them, fuck that shit.

You will. They said a loooong time ago that they want people to discover the location of the instances, and then once they've been discovered, you can queue for them like we do now.

Swag

notworksafe said:
You will.

The Agony, well I'm sure the new world won't be as bad as the old world was for dungeon locations.

I'm thinking of discovering places like Maraudon / Uldaman.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sebulon3k said:
The Agony, well I'm sure the new world won't be as bad as the old world was for dungeon locations.

I'm thinking of discovering places like Maraudon / Uldaman.
The horror of when you used to have to ACTUALLY walk there every time you used to do the dungeon.

Why, back in my day, we even had to keep our mounts in our bags.

*grumble*

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
The horror of when you used to have to ACTUALLY walk there every time you used to do the dungeon.

*grumble*

Those days have been wiped from my mind, never to be remembered.

Narag

Angry Grimace said:

I'd forgotten about that. It feels weird being an old hand at WoW now even though I started towards the end of TBC.

notworksafe

Ugh, when I look back on stuff that WoW used to do I'm so much happier with the changes. Like when bosses just directly dropped tier gear that only one class could use.

It was totally awesome getting all those Shaman drops while playing as Alliance. :|

Also just playing as a Paladin in Vanilla. What a joke the class was back then. Another reason I can't stand the bitching of the current Paladin player base. I mean, come on! Blessing of Kings used to be a Ret 31-point talent! Are you kidding me? Consecration was a Holy talent! Prot Paladin was so shit it might as well have not existed (just thinking about the old Blessing of Sanctuary makes me sad). Same for Ret other than leveling, really. Horrendous...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So my RP realm has decided.

Bob Hellscream is Garrosh's uncle and much more powerful than him (who is also a pedo). Vol'jin should be Warchief, though if a vote was decided by the general populace of the Horde, it would be won by Mankrik with Gamon as his vice-Warchief.

Tacitus_

speedpop said:
So my RP realm has decided.

Bob Hellscream is Garrosh's uncle and much more powerful than him (who is also a pedo). Vol'jin should be Warchief, though if a vote was decided by the general populace of the Horde, it would be won by Mankrik with Gamon as his vice-Warchief.

And this is why democracy doesn't work.

Duki

Banned
notworksafe said:
Ugh, when I look back on stuff that WoW used to do I'm so much happier with the changes. Like when bosses just directly dropped tier gear that only one class could use.

It was totally awesome getting all those Shaman drops while playing as Alliance. :|

Also just playing as a Paladin in Vanilla. What a joke the class was back then. Another reason I can't stand the bitching of the current Paladin player base. I mean, come on! Blessing of Kings used to be a Ret 31-point talent! Are you kidding me? Consecration was a Holy talent! Prot Paladin was so shit it might as well have not existed (just thinking about the old Blessing of Sanctuary makes me sad). Same for Ret other than leveling, really. Horrendous...
haha, you sound like you've been abused by your spouse.

'he's a great guy now, he doesn't hit me nearly as much anymore'

mclem

SnakeswithLasers said:
Oh awesome! I'll queue up for Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection and Trial of Champions then? I'd rather not deal with the dickhole gearscore guys, so knowing these are mostly populated by new 80s will be nice, especially since I'm a bit better geared than that, so I won't feel weak.

Just a quick extra warning: Halls of Reflection is tough, and Trial of the Champion starts with some jousting that it'd pay to practice at the tournament itself before you attempt it. Forge and Pit are probably the safest if you want to start running immediately, but ToC is easier than both those once you've got the jousting out of the way.

Jousting isn't hard, but it's not really something you want to dive into blind.

mclem

krypt0nian said:
Ok I have a fun one on Live.

When I start out, I have 45-60fps with most things on High. Then, usually when I zone out of an instance, suddenly I have like 8-10fps.

But get this, a ReloadUI fixes everything.

Ideas? I do use some addons but by no means tons of them.

That sounds like the issue I was having with early versions of Holy Trinity, which were drowning in LUA errors and seriously slowing the game down.

I diagnosed it by using the new 'latency tooltip' by mousing over the computer icon, except it now goes into much more detail, including breaking down the top memory usage of addons. Probably worth taking a quick look at that when you're done to see if one's using a stupid amount of RAM.

mclem

notworksafe said:
Prot Paladin was so shit it might as well have not existed (just thinking about the old Blessing of Sanctuary makes me sad).

I tanked as prot in Vanilla. I don't think I ever tanked a boss (beyond Razorscale for a few seconds while the real tanks got in), but I did plenty of adds on fights like Garr and Executus.

It was... servicable. Just.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom