• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Miletius

Apparently there's an exploit going around LFR where you can trade pieces of gear to people who normally wouldn't be eligible for loot off of said LFR boss. Kind of amazed that Blizzard didn't catch this -- it seems like such an obvious thing to check.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So a new dungeon patch is out and ive got another month to see whats up. My main is a DK and ive been Frost since the big revamp long ago. i did a couple matches and Frost is still squishy with relatively low damage compared to other DPS classes. Then i decided to give Blood a shot because its AB weekend and survivability wins games. Holy hell. The changes to Blood in 4.3 makes the spec not only the most survivable out of the three, but very likely the highest DPS in a Battleground. ive had 55k Death Strike crits when my Vengeance stacks up. i went top damage with 0 deaths several times so far today.

yanhero

Apparently there's an exploit going around LFR where you can trade pieces of gear to people who normally wouldn't be eligible for loot off of said LFR boss. Kind of amazed that Blizzard didn't catch this -- it seems like such an obvious thing to check.

You cannot trade loot to people who are ineligible, that is obvious, and Blizzard did check that. The actual exploit is more complex, and it is understandable that Blizzard missed it, you can read about it here.

And IMO, it is also very obviously an exploit, the players who used it probably should be banned. In my view, the race was already ruined when those players decided to use this exploit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't get how it could have an impact on the progress race since LFR gear is marginally better than Hour of Twilight gear.

Miletius

You cannot trade loot to people who are ineligible, that is obvious, and Blizzard did check that. The actual exploit is more complex, and it is understandable that Blizzard missed it, you can read about it here.

And IMO, it is also very obviously an exploit, the players who used it probably should be banned. In my view, the race was already ruined when those players decided to use this exploit.

Thanks for the clarification. The way it's explained in the guide is more complex.

Clearly it's an exploit but I'm not sure if it'll really effect the "race" in any way provided the items in question are removed. LFR items aren't generally better than Heroic Fireland items but the set bonuses and certain trinkets are really good. Still though, since this is the first week and heroic mode is unavailable I don't really see the big deal.

Realistically every guild that wants to be in competition will clear normal this week, and could have cleared it without the small boosts the gear would give them. So remove their items, maybe suspend them until Tuesday, no harm no foul.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That doesnt even make sense. You loved 4.1 and think the troll were so bad that you skipped 4.2? When the troll instances were introduced in 4.1?
4.0 (or was it 4.1) as in BoT, BWD, To4W and every single heroic that came on Cata-launch day. The troll-and-Firelands-shit that plagued WoW made me quit. But with 4.3, I'm back and I'm loving it.

Something tells me that you already knew what I was trying to point out and that you're just trying to troll me :/

Magnus

I thought you guys were exaggerating about how awful the end-cinematic was. Wow. Just fucking terrible.

It's criminal enough that they're essentially using the in-game engine and not going full-blown CG, but man, what a non-event.

The Wrathgate and Wrath ending were also terrible, but it was funny to see so many WoW players lose their shit over them. It was like they'd never played a single-player RPG in their lives.

idlewild_

I don't get how it could have an impact on the progress race since LFR gear is marginally better than Hour of Twilight gear.

the set bonuses and trinkets are way way way better than HoT gear. Some of them shit all over HC Firelands gear. You'd easily drop 4pc heroic T12 for 2pc LFR as a hunter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reset their levels to 1

the set bonuses and trinkets are way way way better than HoT gear. Some of them shit all over HC Firelands gear. You'd easily drop 4pc heroic T12 for 2pc LFR as a hunter.

I will give you that the trinket I pulled from LFR fucking shits all over anything I've had in Cataclysm so far.

Alex

Damn I love being able to use leveling weapons

Untitled.png

They seem to have all the class and style. Raid weapons are just so gaudy, to me. I transmogged into two of these on my Frost DK, looks neat!

DEO3

Welp, broke my ankle after 20 years of skateboarding finally caught up with me. I thought I'd never play this game again, but with a recovery time of 3-4 months, I suddenly find myself with a lot of free time, with nothing to do and no one to talk to during the day when my wife is at work and my son at daycare.

I resubbbed Sunday and it would seem the timing couldn't have been better. I last played in February when my guild was clearing BWD, BoT, and TotFW, so I was a tier behind in gear, but in these past six days I've already closed the gap due to the new 5-mans as well as i378 gear being available for JPs.

Plus, now I can finally fight in the gear that I've been wearing around town since BC:

TheYanger

Good thing blizz added the gear vendor for DKs to get their starting gear back for trans >.<!

I'd been holding onto both sets for years, alas was hoping to be cooler. oh well, I went with evil scourge paladin pirate. Cape is red/purple with a skull on it, from naxx.
8ajc5.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Well. I got that mount to remind me of my huge mistake for locking into a year sub. Anyways, any new quests to do for 4.3?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Finally get to play for real this upcoming Sunday,Monday, maybe Tuesday.

The only thing I could transmorg was an alt priest into full tier 1 and benediction just to test it out. Haven't completed my set for my main.

Tested out LFR. Downed the first boss on the first attempt. Huge feat compared to the last time I tried it on the PTR. Didn't do the PTR much. Always wound up getting a random boss and failing.

Alex

Really like your setup, DEO3, like some sort of Tempest Paladin thing. Looks cool.

ajXXB.jpg

I'm just happy to match and look the theme of my class, I actually don't plan on going too crazy with transmog beyond this, at least for my DK.

Oof, I've been gone since the start of 4.2 so I'm grinding my ilvls up, almost enough to start raid finder.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I feel like the current system for LFR needs reworked badly. It would be all fine and dandy if it was normal difficulty, but in it's current state it is not worth the 7-day lockout. The gear is terribly nerfed, the raid is too damn easy to justify running for practice, and there is a shitty reward for running it without loot.

They need to reduce the lockout, bump the difficulty, or give us some form of currency besides a measly handful of gold.

This shit had such great potential, but I feel like we essentially have ourselves a 25-man heroic dungeon with a god damn 7-day lockout.

mik83kuu

Banned
So I think in a week or so I might get back in this bitch and since I haven't played properly since Wrath and some level 85 normal dungeons I'm just going to create a brand new account and start over.

Anything special I should know about? Once I hit 85, is the gearing up part a strugle or a breeze? I'll do PvE and PvP.

PS. What's the best way to avoid WoW all together? I've been clear for almost a year now God damnit!

Miletius

Here's my duder. I really like the olive green coloring on the S1 Glad set. Magus blade is also really nice because it has it's own graphic effect, thus overriding Power Torrent. The cloak is from BT, there are several bosses that drop the same pattern but mine is specifically from Teron Gorefiend.

4gqU2.jpg

Angry Grimace

Really like your setup, DEO3, like some sort of Tempest Paladin thing. Looks cool.

ajXXB.jpg

I'm just happy to match and look the theme of my class, I actually don't plan on going too crazy with transmog beyond this, at least for my DK.

Oof, I've been gone since the start of 4.2 so I'm grinding my ilvls up, almost enough to start raid finder.

This is pretty close to being slutplate :lol

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Darkmoon Faire seems an okay-ish distraction, but it's going to take a bloody long time to get anything given how slowly we can accumulate tickets relative to the cost of items. XD

Finally got my mage to the point where I have no use for JP anymore. Now I need to find a nicer staff for her. That Stalk of Corruption is an ugly, ugly thing. Apostle of Argus, and Staff of Infinite Mysteries are front runners for transmogging. Not sure what else I may go for. Possibly the Tirisfal Regalia look alike set.

YakiSOBA

Downed Ultraxion or wtv his name is today, I think it'll be a while before we are 8/8 though.

Question for mages, I switched to fire spec today and my dps is SHIT. It's like... 14k DPS?

I don't think I'm doing things right, but I'm following the guides I see online pretty directly.

I got combustion helper, make sure living bomb and critical mass debuff are always on target, and pretty much spam fireball until fireblast or pyroblast procs, then I cast that. I combust when I have at least 2 fresh dots on (usually after a pyro I'll reload a living bomb), or if I get lucky and have all 3 (pyro dot, living bomb dot, and ignite dot).

I have all the proper glyphs and I'm using molten armor. Here's a link to my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dreadmaul/Daario/simple

I'm thinking it's my enchants/gem at this point? Any help is appreciated :)

bunbun777

Does anyone know if there is a minimum profession level to start the +5 quests in DF? I thought there was not one but my War alt can not get cooking or fishing atm-- levels are 15 and 70 respectively. Gonna try to see if they show up for my main...

-edit-- blue post just answered and it is minimum level 75 in a profession to get the quest. Also stated that starting last night the most tickets you can get for the week would be 140 tickets.

Sethos

Banned
Quick question,

I know this may sound crazy. I have my account with a shedload of 85s and various other characters, plenty of gear, gold etc. but I don't really have a 'main' so to speak and I just get this kid-in-a-candy-store effect where I don't know what I want, what do I want to play and focus on.

So I thought about deleting everything and just have one character on this account like the ole' days but as my friend pointed out, always stupid to delete characters.

So I thought about creating a brand spanking new account on the side or use one of my others associated to my Battle.net account.

tl;dr Can you transfer heirlooms from different accounts while they are under the same B.net account ( Obviously still on the same realm ) and what about mounts and stuff you've purchased, will they still end up in your mailbox when you create the char despite being on another account?

aktham

Quick question,

I know this may sound crazy. I have my account with a shedload of 85s and various other characters, plenty of gear, gold etc. but I don't really have a 'main' so to speak and I just get this kid-in-a-candy-store effect where I don't know what I want, what do I want to play and focus on.

So I thought about deleting everything and just have one character on this account like the ole' days but as my friend pointed out, always stupid to delete characters.

So I thought about creating a brand spanking new account on the side or use one of my others associated to my Battle.net account.

tl;dr Can you transfer heirlooms from different accounts while they are under the same B.net account ( Obviously still on the same realm ) and what about mounts and stuff you've purchased, will they still end up in your mailbox when you create the char despite being on another account?

Yeah anything that's account bound would be there. You can mail heirlooms to your other WoW account within the same battlenet account. You get all the bonuses pets/mounts in the mail box as soon as you create the toon.

Don't delete your characters. It's a huge time investment. Make them profession toons/farmers/PvP or something.

Sethos

Banned
Don't delete your characters. It's a huge time investment. Make them profession toons/farmers/PvP or something.

As I said, new account but I can't character juggle, my gaming OCD doesn't allow me. Just having the characters makes my brain explode, "But I could play that character, oh it's so much better, need to gear him up" etc. need a clean slate.

But I appreciate the answer sir, will look into going fresh with one of my abandoned accounts

Xtyle

Hmm, anyone can help with this crash issue I am getting?

When I am in a 5 man or raid dungeon (only notice it in 4.3 ones thus far), my screen would go black randomly, and then the computer seems to try to resume back to wow...somtimes seconds, sometimes it just can't...but if it gets in wow again, it is almost frozen and then it would go to black screen, and keeps this cycle...but mostly, it would just crash there and I have to restart my PC. I tried control+ alt delete out of wow and restart it but the game has the freezing problem or graphics glitches. so I always have to restart my PC.

Sethos

Banned
Hmm, anyone can help with this crash issue I am getting?

When I am in a 5 man or raid dungeon (only notice it in 4.3 ones thus far), my screen would go black randomly, and then the computer seems to try to resume back to wow...somtimes seconds, sometimes it just can't...but if it gets in wow again, it is almost frozen and then it would go to black screen, and keeps this cycle...but mostly, it would just crash there and I have to restart my PC. I tried control+ alt delete out of wow and restart it but the game has the freezing problem or graphics glitches. so I always have to restart my PC.

You running Nvidia?

Top Bottom