• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Sarcasm

Kinda just want to finish some stuff up. Before in WoW I never really did much questing, it was hit up til I hit max level than dungeon grind.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Blizzard really needs to release some info now.

It's a new year for christ sake.

GIEF ME!

Given that MMO-Champ has been posting reminders of new features the past week or so, I think it's been hinted that they'll be announcing and talking about new things soon.

TheYanger

Heroic Ultrax is really kind of pathetic on 10 man... maybe it was a higher dps check like the first week or something.

It wasn't. It's the usual 10 man issues. Any dps check on 25 is basically neutered on 10 unless your comp is awful.

25 man requires about 6,000 more dps per person on average or something. You need less than 34k in 10, and over 40 in 25 man. (That's if you count the tanks as one, which isn't entirely accurate but for these kinds of purposes I find it works well enough).

EDIT: Not to take anything away :) wasn't the point. Grats on a kill on a fun boss (at least to me! fun to dps).

It's fine, it's already pretty underwhelming. My raid did 12 attempts to figure out the fight while I was gone. I'm their only bloodlust and they had replaced me with an offspec heal shadow priest doing 24k dps for that raid. Yesterday I was back and we killed it in 3 attempts. Ridiculous for a heroic fight. But it is a fun fight to dps at least.

strafer

Mage Solo Sarth 3D

hwGYd.jpg

aristotle

I barely understand what most people in here post about. Yay noob!

Anyways, I'm having a blast playing all the quest stuff. I'm still fairly low lvl though (sub-30 as of right now). I'm having fun with my Worgen hunter.

Apparently I entered a 5-man dungeon (without any warning). I thought it was just a regular quest. Suffice it to say I died constantly to a single enemy. Also trying to take on an elite (different quest) when I'm only lvl 26 is a bad idea. Stupid Shady Nook bear. I really should read the quest stuff from the NPCs more.

Overall I'm enjoying it. Joined a guild too, although we're all low level right now and all in different locations. We've helped each other quite a bit so far with info and whatnot. I can see why there are so many stereotypes for this addicting game now.

strafer

Anyways, I'm having a blast playing all the quest stuff. I'm still fairly low lvl though (sub-30 as of right now). I'm having fun with my Worgen hunter.

Apparently I entered a 5-man dungeon (without any warning). I thought it was just a regular quest. Suffice it to say I died constantly to a single enemy. Also trying to take on an elite (different quest) when I'm only lvl 26 is a bad idea. Stupid Shady Nook bear. I really should read the quest stuff from the NPCs more.

Overall I'm enjoying it. Joined a guild too, although we're all low level right now and all in different locations. We've helped each other quite a bit so far with info and whatnot. I can see why there are so many stereotypes for this addicting game now.

Welcome to WoW!

Wish a was a n00b. Good times.

aristotle

Welcome to WoW!

Wish a was a n00b. Good times.

We all wish we were wow noobs again. The first months of a MMO are always the best with so many huge and unknown worlds.

Hah. I'd much rather know what I'm doing right now. I'm basically just playing it like a typical RPG.

What am I doing wrong?

My Character: Corgi the Worgen Hunter

Just keep leveling and getting more equipment that does + Agility and Stamina right? I'm not sure what is the best way to proceed. Any help would be appreciated :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hah. I'd much rather know what I'm doing right now. I'm basically just playing it like a typical RPG.

What am I doing wrong?

Just keep leveling and getting more equipment that does + Agility and Stamina right? I'm not sure what is the best way to proceed. Any help would be appreciated :)

Yes, just dont do the same thing as the sister of my friend who still wear intellect and strength items with her lvl 84 hunter. Sigh.

Agility, Crit, Hit, Haste and later Mastery are your friends.

I started a Worgan rogue alt to play with my wife, who is also a worgan rogue. This is my first real alt in about 4 years. I went ahead and decked him out in full heirloom gear/weapons and enchanted both daggers with crusader. Holy shitballs do I level fast. With all the gear and guild exp bonuses, I'm getting 40-50% more exp for every kill and quest I complete. I outlevel my wife pretty fast when we play together, but that allows her to play her character solo when I'm not around.

I'm level 17 and I still 1-shot everything. I dueled a 23 hunter and destroyed him. I kind of love being so overpowered. I suggest everyone give it a try. I'm going to work on a complete caster set next in hopes of leveling a mage then lock.

Number45

Yay, finally won a couple of items in LFR! I'm not too into this gearing lark (and have no intention of progressing to normal/heroics) so I've been finding it hard to motivate myself to LFR too much.

oneils

It is crazy, huh? I played for 2 days once, about 5 years ago, on a 10 or 15 day trial. Didn't go back because I didn't want to pay for a subscription.

Just started up with the Starter Edition and I'm actually having lots of fun. I finally know why the game is so popular. Blizzard did catch lightning in a bottle.

What am I doing wrong?

I look at your top hat and conclude that you're playing the game the right way.

Stats don't really even matter til like level 50. I'm pretty sure one of my lowbies is still running around wearing no pants at level 35.

Bisnic

Stats don't really even matter til like level 50. I'm pretty sure one of my lowbies is still running around wearing no pants at level 35.

I would understand if you said helm, shoulders or rings, but pants?

Is such a thing even possible?

Definitely have gone without a helm until something like 50.

Have also gone ridiculously long periods of time without upgrading a slot while leveling. I think I had something like a level 35 neck still at 78 or so.

It's easier to miss slots if you do a lot of dungeons or PvP.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
If you have heirlooms, non heirloom slots don't matter.

But leveling up with no heirlooms with gear with the wrong specs is quite slow.

mackattk

So I logged in today, noticed someone in trade selling game time.. I asked him how much, 10k per month.... needless to say, I signed up for the annual subscription, and dont have to pay a dime to play diablo 3 or world of warcraft until january 2013. Looks like my gold making skills have finally paid off. Hell yeah.

So I logged in today, noticed someone in trade selling game time.. I asked him how much, 10k per month.... needless to say, I signed up for the annual subscription, and dont have to pay a dime to play diablo 3 or world of warcraft until january 2013. Looks like my gold making skills have finally paid off. Hell yeah.

I would do this if there was a legit, endorsed way to do so. I could average about 10k in a two-week period relatively easy, without moving anything big. If I kept up that pace, I could pay for my game time and still be net positive in income.

It would certainly make the game of gold-making more fun, with a bit of actual risk involved (make enough gold or have to pay with actual money.)

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Are you saying you bought a years worth from him? Sorry, I guarantee you they were paid fraudulently and will be removed from your account within 24 hours. I'm not joking at all. Very common scam.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456725944

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Meh, I've been buying game time on tich and darkspear for over a year with gold now. Only scammed 1 time and the dumbass gm actually refunded my gold lol.

It's not impossible to find a legit person, as there is obvious interest with those pets, but there have been a lot of threads about this scam, with responses from blues, and with no refunds. Their official policy is "too bad".

Random trade chat person spamming doesn't bode well. A legit person wouldn't want to risk their account since its against the TOS.

mackattk

It's not impossible to find a legit person, as there is obvious interest with those pets, but there have been a lot of threads about this scam, with responses from blues, and with no refunds. Their official policy is "too bad".

Random trade chat person spamming doesn't bode well. A legit person wouldn't want to risk their account since its against the TOS.

I should have known it was too good to be true.. I guess ill just have to wait and see what happens. Ill be pissed if i lost 78,000 gold.

EDIT: well it looks like they took it off already. Should have known better. You live you learn, I guess. Well at least when someone gets over a certain amount of gold, any more is pretty much worthless.

Ill just have to laugh about it in the morning.

mackattk

Yeah that's what it means. I'm not too all mad about it, I should have known better. But gold isn't worth as much now as it was before, and I took a chance to save 150+ cash and it didn't pay off. Was worth a shot anyway. And since school started back up it might be the kick in the face to not play this game much. So it kind of works out.

Bisnic

I'm glad the Raid Finder isnt going to be touched by the "aspect buff" they're going to do soon. It's already easy enough as it is...even if wipes still happen sometimes.

I'm glad the Raid Finder isnt going to be touched by the "aspect buff" they're going to do soon. It's already easy enough as it is...even if wipes still happen sometimes.

The only spot i have seen wipes happen is on the ship. Some of the fights i wonder if it's even possible to wipe unless the group just does something monumentally stupid. I've seen some terrible DPS/healers/tanks in LFR and we seem to do the fights easy anyway.

Actually the funny thing is besides the ship the spot i have seen the most wipes on is the coloured blob mobs (tanks seems to like pulling as many as possible whether the healers can handle it or not).

Bisnic

The only spot i have seen wipes happen is on the ship. Some of the fights i wonder if it's even possible to wipe unless the group just does something monumentally stupid. I've seen some terrible DPS/healers/tanks in LFR and we seem to do the fights easy anyway.

Actually the funny thing is besides the ship the spot i have seen the most wipes on is the coloured blob mobs (tanks seems to like pulling as many as possible whether the healers can handle it or not).

I've seens wipes on Ultraxion, the ship, Madness of Deathwing and once on the trash before Ultraxion because no one brought the dragons to ground and the purple flames were all over the place. All the bosses of Siege of Wyrmrest Temple and Spine of Deathwing(where even if the retard DPS destroy 2 corruptions is not an issue) are ridiculously easy, i wish they would make it more difficult just so it wouldnt be so fucking boring.

But the best wipe was in Morchok...where 3 of the 6 healers were in DPS spec, from the same server, and they all pulled the adds outside the main path that you shouldn't even be able to accidently aggro since they're so far away.

I've seens wipes on Ultraxion, the ship, Madness of Deathwing and once on the trash before Ultraxion because no one brought the dragons to ground and the purple flames were all over the place.

One thing that is always weird there is that i always top the DPS against those dragons even though i'm melee. I would have though it was much more suited to ranged. Now that you mention it i'm not surprised that groups wipe on ultraxion or madness of deathwing.

All the bosses of Siege of Wyrmrest Temple and Spine of Deathwing(where even if the retard DPS destroy 2 corruptions is not an issue) are ridiculously easy, i wish they would make it more difficult just so it wouldnt be so fucking boring.

Lol that happens every damn time no matter how many times you say not too. For me so far it has always been a tunnel vision mage who doesn't seem to ever look at what the group is saying.

Also the low difficulty is compounded by the boring setting and the fact that it is so straight forward (even moreso than a regular heroic). It doesn't even feel like a raid.

But the best wipe was in Morchok...where 3 of the 6 healers were in DPS spec, from the same server, and they all pulled the adds outside the main path that you shouldn't even be able to accidently aggro since they're so far away.

:/ i didn't know that was possible and i have to say that tops anything i've seen (and i've seen some dumb shit in LFR).

Bisnic

Where are you guys reading this information on the upcoming expansion and stuff? Like aspect buff whats that?

MMOChampion is your friend for WoW news. The Aspects buff is just a way to buff players for the normal and heroic difficulty of Dragon Soul.

strafer

I don't really know why people are complaining about the 'Aspect Buffs', if you don't like it then don't use it, simple as that, same goes for ICC, people were complaining.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I don't really know why people are complaining about the 'Aspect Buffs', if you don't like it then don't use it, simple as that, same goes for ICC, people were complaining.

And yet, people won't turn it off.

It's hilarious that guilds want a challenge, but a lot of them won't be able to do the boss for a long ass time.

I'll use the example of my last guild. My GM ranted and raved on her blog about the FL nerfs and how she might be done with the game if Blizzard keeps doing this. I told her, that no matter what we were a H 6/7 guild, whether the nerfs were there or not, that's as far as we'd get. So instead of taking 12 weeks to get there, it took us 8 or something. This is the same thing. Guilds aren't going to magically go from 7/8 Regular to 8/8 Heroic. Guilds that are at the point where they can feasibly kill Deathwing are still going to kill him. Guilds that are going to falter and not get passed Spine are still going to get stuck at Spine. It's like H LK, even with the 30% buff my prior guild was still an 11/12 guild it wasn't feasible that we'd ever kill LK.

strafer

And yet, people won't turn it off.

It's hilarious that guilds want a challenge, but a lot of them won't be able to do the boss for a long ass time.

I'll use the example of my last guild. My GM ranted and raved on her blog about the FL nerfs and how she might be done with the game if Blizzard keeps doing this. I told her, that no matter what we were a H 6/7 guild, whether the nerfs were there or not, that's as far as we'd get. So instead of taking 12 weeks to get there, it took us 8 or something. This is the same thing. Guilds aren't going to magically go from 7/8 Regular to 8/8 Heroic. Guilds that are at the point where they can feasibly kill Deathwing are still going to kill him. Guilds that are going to falter and not get passed Spine are still going to get stuck at Spine. It's like H LK, even with the 30% buff my prior guild was still an 11/12 guild it wasn't feasible that we'd ever kill LK.

People are still failing at LK, at 85, with the buff and with LFR gear. Sigh.

We started a Heroic LK 25 man pug run, for transmog / title and when we got to LK everything fell apart.

We explained tacts.

4 minutes in = wipe

We all yelled; Don't stand in the black stuff and yet people stood in it.

What people needs to understand is that LK on 85 is still freaking tough and it's more about brain that DPS, but since it was a PUG I didn't expect miracles.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
People are still failing at LK, at 85, with the buff and with LFR gear. Sigh.

We started a Heroic LK 25 man pug run, for transmog / title and when we got to LK everything fell apart.

We explained tacts.

4 minutes in = wipe

We all yelled; Don't stand in the black stuff and yet people stood in it.

What people needs to understand is that LK on 85 is still freaking tough and it's more about brain that DPS, but since it was a PUG I didn't expect miracles.
Is people in LFR gear supposed to mean something? They could wipe in the troll dungeons if they are bad.

Anyways, it can take more than one attempt to learn something you've never done.

If you yelled after the first attempt, lol.

Progressive nerfing of content isn't really a problem, but with Firelands they rolled it out far too early. It seems early for Dragon Soul as well especially as it's the last major raid this expansion (well, hopefully not), but we should be on Spine before it hits so I guess it's not that the timing is too hasty but that the raid is too easy/short.

I was hoping that the existence of LFR would make them less hasty to nerf real content because "casuals want to experience it", but apparently not.

aristotle

Wow you're a great help!
Note: That was internet sarcasm.

But really, why isn't the OP updated at all? Other OTs do it. It saves alot of questions for newcomers and can be a good resource to disseminate new information about the game.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wow you're a great help!
Note: That was internet sarcasm.

If you think this isn't a great help you're stupid.

There's no way anyone could compile the information at these websites in a OP. SWTOR resource sites are very limited right now.

People are always willing to answer questions and have in this thread.

Those website's uses are self explanitory and I suggest you click them in that order.

Top Bottom