• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

mileS

Yea its my bad. Guess it just proves that i've been away from pvp on my hunter for THAT long. But thx for bringing up talents anyway, I'd like to try a Marks pvp build again soon instead of the BM build i've been going with off and on.

Sarcasm

My god just had the best battle ever..and in fully PvE gear LOL.

So I was like SCREW it..go in my PvE gear and in my bear spec I use for heroics. Sure I couldn't kill anyone but I could last I died once haha! But I was sure to be the biggest pain in the rear. I kept always near flags and just spammed healers. If they started to try to cap I would just do my aoes like thrash lol.

I got 3 kills some how.

Also we won with by 50 points.

My god just had the best battle ever..and in fully PvE gear LOL.

So I was like SCREW it..go in my PvE gear and in my bear spec I use for heroics. Sure I couldn't kill anyone but I could last I died once haha! But I was sure to be the biggest pain in the rear. I kept always near flags and just spammed healers. If they started to try to cap I would just do my aoes like thrash lol.

I got 3 kills some how.

Also we won with by 50 points.

Feral druids are extremely versatile in BGs. Cat form has stealth and does great burst dmg while bear form does excellent AE and has good survivability. Combine both forms and some casting, and you can CC a person pretty much non stop. I was in a WSG the other day where there was a DK that was just unstoppable. After he handed me my ass 2-3 times in a row, I changed tactics. I seperated him from the group and chain CCed him with Pounce, Maim, Root, Cyclone, Feral Charge, and Bash. I never let him touch me. I made it my personal mission to shut him down. It worked. He quit the BG and we won 2/3. I do the same thing when a healer can self heal through the dmg of 5 people. Forget killing him, just shut him down until his friends are all dead.

When I've tried to PvP as a healer, I felt so useless unless I was surrounded by a group of people. As a feral, I've grown used to being able to be 100% independent if the situation calls for it. I can defend against superior numbers, stealth and take flags, run the flag, and I am pretty confident against the majority of classes in a 1v1 situation. I hate mages because they can CC me and DKs because they take forever to kill. I have a great chance against either one of those if I get the jump.

Sarcasm

Feral druids are extremely versatile in BGs. Cat form has stealth and does great burst dmg while bear form does excellent AE and has good survivability. Combine both forms and some casting, and you can CC a person pretty much non stop. I was in a WSG the other day where there was a DK that was just unstoppable. After he handed me my ass 2-3 times in a row, I changed tactics. I seperated him from the group and chain CCed him with Pounce, Maim, Root, Cyclone, Feral Charge, and Bash. I never let him touch me. I made it my personal mission to shut him down. It worked. He quit the BG and we won 2/3. I do the same thing when a healer can self heal through the dmg of 5 people. Forget killing him, just shut him down until his friends are all dead.

When I've tried to PvP as a healer, I felt so useless unless I was surrounded by a group of people. As a feral, I've grown used to being able to be 100% independent if the situation calls for it. I can defend against superior numbers, stealth and take flags, run the flag, and I am pretty confident against the majority of classes in a 1v1 situation. I hate mages because they can CC me and DKs because they take forever to kill. I have a great chance against either one of those if I get the jump.

Mind linking your character? I just want to see. I also have 18xx points..get trinket or piece of gear? hummm

Mind linking your character? I just want to see. I also have 18xx points..get trinket or piece of gear? hummm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Fairweather/simple

Keep in mind that I'm purely casual. I only do BGs and Heroics really. I dominate Heroics when I tank because they are so easy, and I do very well in random BGs. I may try LFR later this week for the first time. I always use cat spec for BGs. I also always drink a flask. Either +300 AGI or 450 HPs.

Sarcasm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Fairweather/simple

Keep in mind that I'm purely casual. I only do BGs and Heroics really. I dominate Heroics when I tank because they are so easy, and I do very well in random BGs. I may try LFR later this week for the first time. I always use cat spec for BGs. I also always drink a flask. Either +300 AGI or 450 HPs.

We. Are. The. Same.

=)

Casual4life

What is your setup for cat? I been just doing my PvE bear spec lol.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Yachen/simple me

Trickster

How hard is the dungeon finder difficulty of the Dragon Soul raid ? Do I need to read tactics beforehand as a tank or is it free epics like the 3 new dungeons?

How hard is the dungeon finder difficulty of the Dragon Soul raid ? Do I need to read tactics beforehand as a tank or is it free epics like the 3 new dungeons?

Go in as dps at least once, please please a couple times. I hate it when I get into LFR and the tank is like "never been here tell me what I need to know." It's not hard at all. LFR is a 5 man dungeon with 25 people in it. The only person that needs to know the encounters is the tank.

Just popped back into the game tonight for the first time in over a year to see some friends. The days of me having a unique mount (Alar) apparently are over. Tons of neat new (to me anyway) mounts in Stormwind.

Brykon

Neo Member
Just popped back into the game tonight for the first time in over a year to see some friends. The days of me having a unique mount (Alar) apparently are over. Tons of neat new (to me anyway) mounts in Stormwind.

Al'ar will always be a rare, unique mount. And if they change it to be something easier than it should be, you've got a FoS achievement date to back it up. Al'ar still dominates every current flying mount with the exception of Mimirons Head. A lot of people love the new Pve drake achievement mounts, but I'm not a fan, as well as I've always liked the super rare drop mounts that anyone can get in reality, but it's just going to be extremely hard and rare to get. (much like Al'ar.)

Number45

As has been said, go in as DPS to get an idea of it - it's easy as hell to lose yourself in a sea of DPS but not so easy for the tank. Tankspot and Learn2Raid YT channels have the tactics in video format and are worth a watch too.

Chris R

Just finished Hyjal, it was a pretty good zone. It did start to drag a bit at the end, but then Cenariusshowed up. The Rag fight was cool to.

I'm skipping Vashj'ir (underwater segments of games ALWAYS SUCK) and off to Deepholm. Flew around last night to fill in my map and liked the zone's design (almost like an underground Un'goro).

Alchemy

I'm skipping Vashj'ir.

Always the correct choice. It only sucks if you're a hunter trying to get tame Ghostcrawler, had to quest enough to get the damn mount. On the plus side no one ever camps Ghostcrawler so I was able to snag it pretty quickly.

Chris R

Always the correct choice. It only sucks if you're a hunter trying to get tame Ghostcrawler, had to quest enough to get the damn mount. On the plus side no one ever camps Ghostcrawler so I was able to snag it pretty quickly.

I made the mistake of heading there first thinking it was the only zone that fresh 80s could do. Spent way too much time there doing way too little. Terrible zone :(

Fire

* Fireball damage has been reduced by 6.3%
* Pyroblast damage has been reduced by 6.2%

I'm actually kind of happy about this as it probably means back to Arcane. The biggest downside of that is that I have to start bugging my raid about Sindra again. But I think Blizzard is going about balancing fire incorrectly.

In post-ICC Wrath, raiding Fire mages were topped out at around 80% crit during encounters and the base damage on spells was such that these high levels of crit caused fire to be a good PVE spec, but not overpowering other classes by huge margins. I don't recall any complaints about PVP fire back then either, but perhaps only because frost was so strong.

My theory is that they should reduce base damages and push crit higher for fire. Higher crit% means more consistent damage. Right now they're probably balancing base damages around 40% crit since that's around what most high end raiders have, but the fights where you're 5-10% crit above that pushes you over other classes. When you're running with 80% crit instead of 40%, there's a lot less room for sway in DPS based on crit lottery... as a bonus the class is more dynamic to play.

I bring up Wrath only to suggest that they can balance Fire around high crit percentages, but this was in a pre-mastery, pre-cauterize world so my theories may be totally invalidated here.

We. Are. The. Same.

=)

Casual4life

What is your setup for cat? I been just doing my PvE bear spec lol.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Yachen/simple me

You can click on the tab in the link to see the other spec. I'll be adding some more season 11 PvP gear tonight. I'm unsure if I should get a helm, pants, or a couple of rings. I already have the set bonus, so it's all about how many raw stats I can get (stam, agi, ac). I may get a belt and necklace or cloak + other combo.

Brykon

Neo Member
(For people who already saw this post) My stream was too laggy for viewing. Never had lag before, going to try and fix it for tomorrow's arenas. Sorry about the inconvenience! The one day it lags -_-.

Al'ar will always be a rare, unique mount. And if they change it to be something easier than it should be, you've got a FoS achievement date to back it up. Al'ar still dominates every current flying mount with the exception of Mimirons Head. A lot of people love the new Pve drake achievement mounts, but I'm not a fan, as well as I've always liked the super rare drop mounts that anyone can get in reality, but it's just going to be extremely hard and rare to get. (much like Al'ar.)

I saw a mount that looked similar to my Alar but a slightly different color. Where does that one come from?

aristotle

Been plugging away. Still having fun so far. I have about 4 days of play time. I think I'm doing pretty decent level-wise.

Corgi Worgen Hunter

The new update broke several of my addons, and at least one of them isn't updated anymore. Is it easy to update the addons yourself? I'm specifically talking about tekKompare.

Been plugging away. Still having fun so far. I have about 4 days of play time. I think I'm doing pretty decent level-wise.

Corgi Worgen Hunter

The new update broke several of my addons, and at least one of them isn't updated anymore. Is it easy to update the addons yourself? I'm specifically talking about tekKompare.

I use the Curse gaming client to update my addons. I always hated the search for updates.

I decided to get a cloak + bracers for my weekly tier 11 upgrade. It's amazing how close in stats all of the affordable upgrades are. This combo won because it also gave me the best AC upgrade as well as other stats. Next week I'll get the helm, then pants, then 2 rings, then belt/relic, then boots, then neck. That's 6 weeks of upgrades planned out. I already have the shoulders, 2 handed staff, bracers, and cloak. I still have to do Lunar festival too. Oh yeah, Love is in the Air is right around the corner too. Shit, so is Darkmoon...

Number45

Corgi Worgen Hunter

Does tekkompare give you anything over and above what's pre-built into the UI now? I used to use it because the functionality didn't exist in the game, but it's in there now.

But yeah, check out the Curse client.

aristotle

Does tekkompare give you anything over and above what's pre-built into the UI now? I used to use it because the functionality didn't exist in the game, but it's in there now.

But yeah, check out the Curse client.

I should check out curse. I didn't want to have to have an extra process running if I could help it though.

I use tekKompare because it shows me the compare stats on mouseover. As far as I noticed, that didn't happen without an addon. I could be wrong though.

Number45

I should check out curse. I didn't want to have to have an extra process running if I could help it though.

I use tekKompare because it shows me the compare stats on mouseover. As far as I noticed, that didn't happen without an addon. I could be wrong though.

You don't need to have it up at all times, I usually start it up to check for updates then close it down. Make sure you check the option to stop it staying running in the options.

If you hold ctrl (I think it's ctrl anyway, might be shift) on mouseover you'll get what you're looking for I believe.

Raiden

Banned
Hi guys. I have not played WOW in almost a year(since last febr/march). I wonder how much has changed? I remember getting tired of those dungeons, are there lots of new ones? Also is it easy to get decently geared so i can play with the big boys? Or am i going to struggle with my crappy lv 85 gear?

Thanks!

johnsmith

remember me
Hi guys. I have not played WOW in almost a year(since last febr/march). I wonder how much has changed? I remember getting tired of those dungeons, are there lots of new ones? Also is it easy to get decently geared so i can play with the big boys? Or am i going to struggle with my crappy lv 85 gear?

Thanks!

It hasn't been hard to get geared in WoW for years, and it's never been easier than now.

3 new heroic only 85 dungeons that drop level 378 epics, 2 troll heroics repurposed from old raids (zulaman and zulgurub), and 2 new raids, firelands and dragon soul. Dragon Soul has a LFR mode where you can get grouped up through a queue. It's a faceroll, and offers ilvl 384 epics.

aristotle

You don't need to have it up at all times, I usually start it up to check for updates then close it down. Make sure you check the option to stop it staying running in the options.

If you hold ctrl (I think it's ctrl anyway, might be shift) on mouseover you'll get what you're looking for I believe.

hold shift and hover over the item, it will show you what you're wearing and give you a comparison.

Derp @ me. Thanks. I never knew the shortcut. I bought the digital version of everything and never looked at any sort of manual. Hell I actually learn some things from the load screens.

tekKompare was good though because it was always running. I didn't have to click anything to see the stats. It was really helpful on quest items. Let me figure out which one I as going to take before I even started the quest. Helped me decide if the quest was even worth it too.

Magnus

Vashj'ir was the first underwater area in any game that I've enjoyed...ever! lol

It might have been the high of the Cataclysm launch day/week, but it was an exciting zone, and the controls were great, especially once you nabbed a seahorse mount. I dunno. Worked for me.

Alchemy

Fixed my streams lag! www.twitch.tv/brykon Streaming gladiator hunter PHD atm with Reinhart! Come check it out if you guys wanna watch.

Watching while at work... you're distracting me damn it! With your arena experience, what do you think of Arms vs Fury Warriors in PvP? One of my goals to PvP it up with one of the classes I haven't gotten to 85 yet, and I was hoping to go Fury Warrior for badassery with Titans Grip, but I hear Throwdown and other Arms stuff ends up trumping Fury pretty badly.

Vashj'ir was the first underwater area in any game that I've enjoyed...ever! lol

It might have been the high of the Cataclysm launch day/week, but it was an exciting zone, and the controls were great, especially once you nabbed a seahorse mount. I dunno. Worked for me.

It was especially fun on my druid with sea form. Having said the zone was way too long and got very stale towards the end so i didn't end up finishing it.

Brykon

Neo Member
Watching while at work... you're distracting me damn it! With your arena experience, what do you think of Arms vs Fury Warriors in PvP? One of my goals to PvP it up with one of the classes I haven't gotten to 85 yet, and I was hoping to go Fury Warrior for badassery with Titans Grip, but I hear Throwdown and other Arms stuff ends up trumping Fury pretty badly.

Yeah, arms is better. If you're going to just BG, and fuck around, I'd suggest going whatever you want more (sounding fury,) mainly because BG's don't really have much of an effect on yourself, and it's all just fun. Fury warriors's aren't currently viable in arena situations.

My 10 man netted me my stage 2 daggers tonight! This is been the main source of my not playing on Area 52 in the last few weeks. VANCLEEF, BESTCLEEF

I don't have the enchanted yet because I'm waiting on my raid leader to get me some mats for two Landslides. Yipes.

Magnus

Grats Keebs!

I just dinged 85 on my alt. That capping ding always manages to give me a special tingle, in any expansion, on any number of characters, main or alts. It's fun.

I dicked around with my Druid on Suramar the other week. I found it to be a little hard to get started and excited because she had about 2 gold total on her and the gear was all very very wrong. I couldn't even properly quest cause I was in this weird amalgamation of int and agi gear and my bags were mysteriously empty. I was spinnin' wheels so I just logged off after a few failed killing attempts.

Magnus

I dicked around with my Druid on Suramar the other week. I found it to be a little hard to get started and excited because she had about 2 gold total on her and the gear was all very very wrong. I couldn't even properly quest cause I was in this weird amalgamation of int and agi gear and my bags were mysteriously empty. I was spinnin' wheels so I just logged off after a few failed killing attempts.

I know the exact feeling you're trying to describe, haha.

Mairu

Finished DS H 25 today.

Madness was extremely disappointing, and it wasn't going to be any different without the 5% nerf. It's kind of sad that they decided to nerf spine during the same week that the 5% raidwide nerf started, since it was the only fight previously that was actually really difficult on all the members in the raid.

Oh well, time to enjoy 1 day clears until MoP ;|

Alchemy

Yeah, arms is better. If you're going to just BG, and fuck around, I'd suggest going whatever you want more (sounding fury,) mainly because BG's don't really have much of an effect on yourself, and it's all just fun. Fury warriors's aren't currently viable in arena situations.

I was thinking of at least giving arenas a shot if I could find anyone to play with, even pick ups. Is the major issue with Fury just a lack of burst and utility compared to Arms?

Ret paladin bug was pretty funny. We were doing FL last night. "Wait, why is Baelroc at 75% health already? Wait, why is our 2nd tank doing 100k dps as ret?"

Top Bottom