• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

scoobs

Hmmm, I might have saved myself 40 dollars. Unless that model is only for the CE, I might just pass on it.

its a CE only item, so... unless you're basing your purchase of the entire expansion on a collectors edition item, i think you'll be okay

Eh, mount looks ok. Not sure what the hell to think about the pet:

4C2F2F7B19B9F3691020B6591C679D7F.jpg

It's kinda cute but something seems off about it too.

I like the mount. He's like an even more pimped out Winged Guardian.

RPGCrazied

Going regular this year. The CE is the same ol same ol. Sure, its nice, but after 3 CE's I think I can just save some money this year.

Mount is alright. I probably wouldn't use it much over say, my Zulian Tiger, but he looks pretty cool.

The pet is seriously pretty much a perky pug with a retextured face - it's not really special or cool to me. Bleh. Don't really care for it at all. It doesn't really scream "This is MoP!" like the past CE mounts have with their respective expansions.

Depends on what the other perks are before I'd commit to the CE this time, as I could definitely pass on those two things.

Fjordson

Think I'm pretty set on leveling a druid as a new main for MoP. Feel like something new and its a class I've literally never played for more than a few hours, despite playing this game on and off for 8 years now.

Though I'll probably transfer off my server (Sargeras) before Mists is out. Living in a different time zone now compared to when I joined the server and the Alliance:Horde ratio is totally fucked (like 4.5 to 1).

Emergenzy

Neo Member
Hey everyone. I haven't played WoW for a while and I think i'm going to try to get back into it. I am an 85 Holy Pally with no end game content experience. If anyone would like to help me gear and learn arenas and raids hit me up and i'll give you my real id. I also enjoy leveling toons if anyone wants somebody to level with.

I'll be getting the CE again because... well, I have them all so far and I love the art book and soundtrack. The "making of" videos are a good time too. It'll be interesting to see if they change it up at all besides adding the mount.

scoobs

I'll be getting the CE again because... well, I have them all so far and I love the art book and soundtrack. The "making of" videos are a good time too. It'll be interesting to see if they change it up at all besides adding the mount.

Blizzard never disappoints with CE's. The D3 one was fantastic I thought. Will prob be buying this CE, I'm a sucker for mounts.. i have like 95 or something

Rokam

Yeah they're around that price. I just hope they won't use this as an excuse to jack up the price because there's a mount included.

I prefer the guys from Legendary's theory... free MoP, free MoP with annual pass, or MoP being a reduced price expansion. I'm a cheap bastard.

qwerty2k

Thanks for the mod suggestions guys, is auctioneer still the best auction house mod? Also which is the best quest helper addon?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah shouldn't need a quest addon now.

BTW, 5.0.1 testing soon on PTR. Great sign.
Finally. Shame my game time expires this Thursday, and I haven't got much money to buy a new Pre-paid Game Time Card. Not that you need such to play on the PTR servers (unless they have changed it), but it's always nice to discuss the content on retail servers as well.

While testing 5.0.1, players will not be able to access zones or content that is a part of the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
I wonder how that will work. Will the zones be implemented as in the pre-Cataclysm patch where you would receive the "No Man's Land" debuff if trying to enter, or will the instance be completely blocked off? I guess since we are dealing with an entirely new continent, the former option is the more likely one.

But new talents should be in anyway, that'd be groovy.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4878358165

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rösti;39473168 said:
I wonder how that will work. Will the zones be implemented as in the pre-Cataclysm patch where you would receive the "No Man's Land" debuff if trying to enter, or will the instance be completely blocked off? I guess since we are dealing with an entirely new continent, the former option is the more likely one.

Pandaria is a more "Traditional" expansion landmass than the Cataclysm additions. It's an entirely separate continent that you have to be transported to via portal/zeppelin/whatever, just like Northrend, so you are just unable to use those methods if you are not expansion flagged.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm curious to see what MoP pre-event will be. Since there is no dragon, elemental, undead or demon big invasion this time...

Maybe it will have something to do with Theramore? Or maybe a simple "Alliance NPC soldiers are attacking Orgrimmar/Horde soldiers are attacking Stormwind, go help!"

Rokam

I'm curious to see what MoP pre-event will be. Since there is no dragon, elemental, undead or demon big invasion this time...

Maybe it will have something to do with Theramore? Or maybe a simple "Alliance NPC soldiers are attacking Orgrimmar/Horde soldier are attacking Stormwind, go help!"

It's the Theramore scenario.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yay!

Though reading what Rosti linked, seems beta accounts get on the PTR?? That seems counter-intuitive considering how many people are on the beta.

You mis-read it. Beta accounts cannot access the ptr.

so ive been out of WoW mentally since Lich King came out (Fallout 3 just consumed my interest, and I fell out of love with WoW then), and physically since Cataclysm. I resubbed and its a trip seeing how much different the ui is, and gryphon points everywhere. Was is the consensus on MoP? I have a few alliance characters on Area 52, but my old guild Bellicus of Divinus / Iconian Knights looks to have imploded, and it seems there is hardly any alliance on there, are there on guilds on horde side Area 52? I'm super casual, but after Diablo 3 became a steaming pile, I need to find someone else for my character development game.

Rokam

Oops, I forgot a word.

It's to get new people testing for the most part. Not to mention a good way to draw back those who quit the game.

So looks like a mid to late September release date pretty much guaranteed. A few weeks after GW2 releases to pick back up anyone that gets bored with it.

I prefer the guys from Legendary's theory... free MoP, free MoP with annual pass, or MoP being a reduced price expansion. I'm a cheap bastard.
I can see a reduced price working but I don't see Blizzard giving this expansion out for free to current annual pass subscribers. I think that would cause a huge uproar from those who didn't sign up since it wasn't part of the original deal.

It's supposed to be attacked and destroyed (or at least radically changed) by the Horde. Jaina ends up going off the deep end somehow (we don't know exactly what's going to happen here, but it's clear there's a personality shift - her model also changes.)

Man, I was hoping that sea monster finally got to destroy the place :p

Rokam

I can see a reduced price working but I don't see Blizzard giving this expansion out for free to current annual pass subscribers. I think that would cause a huge uproar from those who didn't sign up since it wasn't part of the original deal.

Oh I meant for renewing your annual pass not on the current one. Since the first annual passes will be finishing up in October. Renew for a year early and get MoP, and maybe SC2+HoS.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I re-read that Blue post and something on reddit and it makes more sense...

You can log onto the PTR if you have the beta on your Battle.Net account, but you can't log on if the license has the MOP Beta.

This limitation is on each World of Warcraft license, and is not Battle.net account-based.

You know when you log on you may have WoW 1 / 2 / 3 etc? Example, my WoW3 is for the beta, it means that I can't log on the PTR with that, but I could use WoW1.

scoobs

so i was doing bwl with some friends and we left during phase 1 for a rbg, now he won't despawn and the gate is locked... any remedy or do i have to wait til tomorrow?

Fjordson

Oh man, pretty sure I'm just going to re-up my subscription now instead of waiting until Mists. I forgot how good they've made quests now...and how fun it is to level up in BG's...and that I have all this sweet BoA gear so I can heal the shit out of instances. Damn. The hooks are already sinking in.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Oh man, pretty sure I'm just going to re-up my subscription now instead of waiting until Mists. I forgot how good they've made quests now...and how fun it is to level up in BG's...and that I have all this sweet BoA gear so I can heal the shit out of instances. Damn. The hooks are already sinking in.

Unless you have friends to play with, it's gonna suck in a month.

Dresden

I'm probably going to resub for a month after this SoR thing runs out just so I can get my new mage up to speed. Then I'll quit until MOP.

Sarcasm

Need a rez? If so PM me =)

It'd be nice to go to a higher population server like some of you have been doing. I play mainly alliance, so I'd probably try and go to Frostmourne if I ever transferred somewhere else. Anyone on gaf have experience there? Thunderlord is so dead. Just under 10,000 characters. Bleah.

Rokam

I'm still addicted to leveling on new servers and seeing how much gold I can make at low levels. Currently 41 with about 2k. The server I rolled on has a shitty AH and I can put up Copper Bar stacks for around 100g and they sell. Not to mention Darkmoon Island fishing hemorrhages gold. Only bad thing is glyphs are around 200-400g.

Top Bottom