• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

I'm still addicted to leveling on new servers and seeing how much gold I can make at low levels. Currently 41 with about 2k. The server I rolled on has a shitty AH and I can put up Copper Bar stacks for around 100g and they sell. Not to mention Darkmoon Island fishing hemorrhages gold. Only bad thing is glyphs are around 200-400g.
How are you making gold with fishing?

MedIC86

Can anyone help me with finding an addon?
I've seen this movie (cant find it back) were you would see a action bar mod (i think?) that looks a bit like how guitar hero works. The button slide along (i think in what order you have to press them?) anyway it looked really cool but i couldnt find it in the description or anything.

Thanks

Can anyone help me with finding an addon?
I've seen this movie (cant find it back) were you would see a action bar mod (i think?) that looks a bit like how guitar hero works. The button slide along (i think in what order you have to press them?) anyway it looked really cool but i couldnt find it in the description or anything.

Thanks

Should be ForteXorcist, though there are other ones out there with similar functionality. ForteXorcist was originally tailored for Warlocks, and there are other ones that are more geared towards other classes.

Touch

I want to make a big sword alt. Don't know what to make though. All three of the classes interest me but not too sure what the funnest one to play end game wise. Anyone play a big sword class and want to sell me on it?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I want to make a big sword alt. Don't know what to make though. All three of the classes interest me but not too sure what the funnest one to play end game wise. Anyone play a big sword class and want to sell me on it?

Depends if you want to deal with rage or mana/holy power or runes/runic power. Otherwise the differences arent that big, you have unique stuff like the warrior's Charge or the DK's Death Grip or the paladin's bubble, but other than that, you pretty much stay close and hit stuff with your big ass weapon and rotate your damaging attacks no matter the class. Oh, and warriors can dual wield those if you think that sounds cool.

Warriors are the best for mobility, paladins for survivability and death knights... well i dont have much experience with them.

Touch

Depends if you want to deal with rage or mana/holy power or runes/runic power. Otherwise the differences arent that big, you have unique stuff like the warrior's Charge or the DK's Death Grip or the paladin's bubble, but other than that, you pretty much stay close and hit stuff with your big ass weapon and rotate your damaging attacks no matter the class. Oh, and warriors can dual wield those if you think that sounds cool.

Warriors are the best for mobility, paladins for survivability and death knights... well i dont have much experience with them.
I do have a level 60 Frost DK I could play. It's just a pain to deal with these resource types coming from an energy/combo point based class. Though I assume I might as well level the DK since it would be the easiest. I want to learn to like other classes :lol

I just want to swing a big sword around, to be honest.

Bisnic

I do have a level 60 Frost DK I could play. It's just a pain to deal with these resource types coming from an energy/combo point based class. Though I assume I might as well level the DK since it would be the easiest. I want to learn to like other classes :lol

Well, warriors are all about brute force and bleeding with 2h weapon(s), nothing else. No holy or undead spells like paladins and death knights, no need to manage 2 different type of resources either, so that might be more for you.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if you play as a fury warrior you can utilize the Titan's Grip talent (will be converted to a passive ability in Mists of Pandaria) to wield two two-handed weapons at once. If you are just into showing off some big weapons, you could purchase two copies of Grand Marshal's Claymore very cheap and run around. Unfortunately, as far as I know, you cannot transmogrify that item so it's not viable for any end-game raids or dungeons. Though there are plenty of other big swords you can transmogrify, I think the largest in-game sword is Armageddon.

Also, in Mists of Pandaria Fury-warriors will be able to use Bladestorm, so if you have two weapons equipped you'll look kinda cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbjDl4TWKsE

Ultratech

Rösti;39508984 said:
Well, if you play as a fury warrior you can utilize the Titan's Grip talent (will be converted to a passive ability in Mists of Pandaria) to wield two two-handed weapons at once. If you are just into showing off some big weapons, you could purchase two copies of Grand Marshal's Claymore very cheap and run around. Unfortunately, as far as I know, you cannot transmogrify that item so it's not viable for any end-game raids or dungeons. Though there are plenty of other big swords you can transmogrify, I think the largest in-game sword is Armageddon.

Also, in Mists of Pandaria Fury-warriors will be able to use Bladestorm, so if you have two weapons equipped you'll look kinda cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbjDl4TWKsE

Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood is pretty big too, just slightly smaller than Armageddon. Plus it looks awesome.
Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds is just about as big as well.

scoobs

Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood is pretty big too, just slightly smaller than Armageddon. Plus it looks awesome.
Armageddons drop rate is extremely low right? Im farming all the cool xmog 2handers. Armagesson is definitely the coolest looking. The grind to ZinRok will be agonizing

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Armageddons drop rate is extremely low right? Im farming all the cool xmog 2handers. Armagesson is definitely the coolest looking. The grind to ZinRok will be agonizing
Wowhead has Armageddon's drop rate at 0.8%, and it only drops in Naxxramas 25-man version.

MedIC86

Rösti;39510516 said:
Wowhead has Armageddon's drop rate at 0.8%, and it only drops in Naxxramas 25-man version.

We had it drop last night. So gogo!

pff this game has become pretty easy nowadays (been playing hardcore vanilla, and off and on since TBC).

I dinged with paladin 85 sunday (prot). And now i have 383 gear lvl (i know its not the best),but i mean just a few days....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone have experience going on a date with someone you've met from WoW and wants to share that experience with me :3?

Bisnic

Yeah, i love my Ashkandi, got it on my 1st BWL run on top of that. I just wish it was my warrior who had it for dual wielding that badass sword. :( My guild is dead right now, so its not like i can run it and i think the 1st boss cant be soloed.

wow2012-07-0416-28-01d7kn5.png

I just hope that we can deactivate enchant glows someday, it ruins it a little.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Anyone have experience going on a date with someone you've met from WoW and wants to share that experience with me :3?

Yes, I'm very experienced in this.

Make sure that WoW isn't the only thing you talk about. Hopefully you guys have other shared interests, or senses of humor. While meeting because you played WoW together is great, that shouldn't be the foundation of a possible relationship because than it becomes dependent on that.

Darkmoon faire fishing pools drops crates with Heavy Savage Leather, Cata ores and herbs.
Ah thanks.
Yeah, i love my Ashkandi, got it on my 1st BWL run on top of that. I just wish it was my warrior who had it for dual wielding that badass sword. :( My guild is dead right now, so its not like i can run it and i think the 1st boss cant be soloed.

That sword brings back memories from vanilla when the first one dropped for our guild. Warrior won it and went into BG's and he steamrolled everything in his path. That was back when a lock with good gear could put a few dots (literally like 3) on someone and watch their health tick away to zero.

scoobs

We had it drop last night. So gogo!

pff this game has become pretty easy nowadays (been playing hardcore vanilla, and off and on since TBC).

I dinged with paladin 85 sunday (prot). And now i have 383 gear lvl (i know its not the best),but i mean just a few days....

drop in 25 man or 10man? I doubt i could solo 25 man, but maybe

Ashkandi apparently doesnt exist my versions of bwl. Never seen it drop. I got untamed blade on my 2nd try.

Does race matter and are you horde or alliance? If you're going purely for size, might as well play Tauren. Personally, I like small guys wielding the big weapons. Gnome or Goblin warrior. As far as what class to play, I don't think anything is more enjoyable to level than a Paladin (end game comes down to personal preference), but you do miss out on dual-wielding (DK/Warrior) and goblins/gnomes can't be Paladins :(

I have an 85 Orc Warrior and a 70 (ish) Tauren Warrior. Both have great aesthetics, though I think that (obviously) Tauren feel more fun as tanks just because you're the huge guy protecting other people, and Orcs make better DPS. Same thing goes for DKs.

Fjordson

Fuck man. I forgot how much fun healing is. Haven't done it in like 6 years. I'm dominating these low level BG's and getting instance queues super quickly (playing a disc. priest)

mileS

Enchants make almost all the weapons look stupid. landslide to power torrent and most of all +130 agility on my hunter. Thankfully thats one good thing about losing stat sticks in MoP. Unless they make the new scopes do something cosmetic. Lets hope they don't.

But really this is an option people have been asking for a long time now.

Westlo

Fuck man. I forgot how much fun healing is. Haven't done it in like 6 years. I'm dominating these low level BG's and getting instance queues super quickly (playing a disc. priest)

I did 3 instant runs @ level 60 on my priest that I leveled up using RAF back in 2009... the instances are seriously way too easy now lol.. like renew and shield are the only things I use most of the time.. last boss of ramparts I don't even heal on, i just dps...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes, I'm very experienced in this.

Make sure that WoW isn't the only thing you talk about. Hopefully you guys have other shared interests, or senses of humor. While meeting because you played WoW together is great, that shouldn't be the foundation of a possible relationship because than it becomes dependent on that.
Hey man, thanks for the tips!

Don't worry, it's just friendship, no relationship (joking with the whole date-thing!) :3 On a special note, she comes from Canada while I'm from Sweden... that oughta make it interesting!

edit: Anyone else wants to share their stories? I'd appreciate any tips whatsoever!

Enchants make almost all the weapons look stupid. landslide to power torrent and most of all +130 agility on my hunter. Thankfully thats one good thing about losing stat sticks in MoP. Unless they make the new scopes do something cosmetic. Lets hope they don't.

But really this is an option people have been asking for a long time now.
I'm so glad you said this. power torrent is so obnoxious that you can't even see what the weapon looks like that it is on. I'm using the kris of unspoken names on my lock and there just isn't any point in using transmog on caster 1 handed weapons.

Fjordson

Man, was watching my friend mess around a bit on the Mists beta earlier. It looks like a lot of fun. Some cool sounding lore, looks great, fantastic music. And a lot of the features/changes they're bringing in seem good. I honestly think this expansion continues to sound pretty damn good (and I'm someone who was a little put off immediately following MoP's announcement).

Don't worry, it's just friendship, no relationship (joking with the whole date-thing!) :3 On a special note, she comes from Canada while I'm from Sweden... that oughta make it interesting!

edit: Anyone else wants to share their stories? I'd appreciate any tips whatsoever!
I have a group of friends in Montreal who I met in WoW back when the game first came out that I've gone to visit a bunch over the years. It's been great every time.

Not sure I have any useful tips, though. Group of dudes, lots of shared interests, so it wasn't too weird to transition to hanging out in real life. Lots of football and car talk :lol

I did 3 instant runs @ level 60 on my priest that I leveled up using RAF back in 2009... the instances are seriously way too easy now lol.. like renew and shield are the only things I use most of the time.. last boss of ramparts I don't even heal on, i just dps...
Haha, yeah, it's not extremely hard. Healing is a nice change of pace, though. And whenever I need to spice things up I just jump into a few battlegrounds. Love PvP healing.

scoobs

MoP looks like it has about twice the content that Cata did when it launched. That alone makes me excited. Challenge modes seem like an awesome way to keep people coming back

My only gripe with MoP is that they are keeping horde and alliance hubs separate. I much prefer the massive gathering of players in Shattrath and Dalaran as opposed to being stuck in Stormwind while horde are in Orgrimmar. SW just doesn't work as a hub. It would be like making Undercity the horde's main area instead of Org. There is absolutely no space to do anything. And I miss Ironforge anyway - way more open and easier to navigate.

Also, having an expansion with all the new zones spread all over Azeroth was just a bad idea in general and I hope Blizzard never makes that mistake again. We've seen the redone lower level zones, yada yada, please dont make me traverse them again after playing wow for almost 10 years.

TheYanger

What Entropia said is REALLY the key - Talking about wow is fine, you guys met in wow that seems natural, but ideally you know already that you guys are compatible outside of it as well (IE: share similar humor, tv, movies, whatever you enjoy, politics idk). If that's the case, it's really no different than any other person you may date, you already know them so that's a HUGE advantage!

It's different, but you're already friends, you'll be good to go :)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Are they ever going to add more raids to LFR?
Well, the Mists of Pandaria raids Heart of Fear, Mogu'shan Vaults and Terrace of Endless Spring will be added to the Raid Finder. As for older raids I don't know, nothing certain has been said by Blizzard about that sort of thing. But it would certainly be nice to have for example Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (unchanged of course) in the Raid Finder. Oh, the days of 40-man raids...

Bisnic

Rösti;39532127 said:
Well, the Mists of Pandaria raids Heart of Fear, Mogu'shan Vaults and Terrace of Endless Spring will be added to the Raid Finder. As for older raids I don't know, nothing certain has been said by Blizzard about that sort of thing. But it would certainly be nice to have for example Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (unchanged of course) in the Raid Finder. Oh, the days of 40-man raids...

If they ever bother to add old raids in the Raid Finder, they wont ask for 25-40 people since they're not as hard as back then. Probably only ask for 5 people or something.

I am a little concerned about the new talent point system in MoP. Without actually playing it myself, right now it looks like specs are being watered down with the new joined talent pool.

I just looked at the mage and priest talents - hopefully there aren't too many changes because I love the play style of my arcane mage and my shadow priest. Do you guys think it's an unnecessary change or is the new system an actual improvement?

Ultratech

Rösti;39532127 said:
As for older raids I don't know, nothing certain has been said by Blizzard about that sort of thing. But it would certainly be nice to have for example Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (unchanged of course) in the Raid Finder. Oh, the days of 40-man raids...

Could've sworn they mentioned something about it...but I don't know.

But it'd be pretty awesome to do the old raids in Raid Finder. (Then again, assuming mechanics are unchanged, people would have to know some of the fights...)

Draxal

So reading blue posts it seems that the ICC/DS debuff on bosses might be used in the future raids upcoming. I think Draztal might be my new favorite blue poster.

MoP looks like it has about twice the content that Cata did when it launched. That alone makes me excited. Challenge modes seem like an awesome way to keep people coming back

Ya, they actually seemed well thought out unlike Cata's big disaster (archaelogy). It makes me kinda peeved though, if they introduced pet battles now, there would be something different and still have plenty of stuff left over for MoP proper.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rösti;39510516 said:

That's because Wowhead is wrong. It's not rare at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rösti;39537510 said:
Good to know. I rarely venture to Naxxramas myself, so I didn't know this. And I haven't seen anyone on my server (EU-Nordrassil) wielding it.

It says .08 because it's stupid and calculating the drops off of Gluth, the dog boss that drops everything in Naxxramas. Generally speaking, items in loot tables don't have higher or lower drop rates than other items unless they are special (e.g. Ashes of Al'ar).

Rösti;39537510 said:
Good to know. I rarely venture to Naxxramas myself, so I didn't know this. And I haven't seen anyone on my server (EU-Nordrassil) wielding it.

That's because it looks kinda stupid and clips through the ground (I would know, still having mine - one of my first big weapon upgrades ever.)

Then I got an Inevitable Defeat and life was awesome (for a DK Tank - dat Armor from Agility). That baby lasted me well into Ulduar until I got a Worldcarver (which was another awesome weapon.) Took a long time for Worldcarvers to drop though. Another DK tank got the first one, and it took weeks before a second one ever dropped.

Could've sworn they mentioned something about it...but I don't know.

But it'd be pretty awesome to do the old raids in Raid Finder. (Then again, assuming mechanics are unchanged, people would have to know some of the fights...)
I recall reading a blue post somewhere saying that they were considering the possibility of adding older raids to LFR in the future. I have no source or proof to back up that claim, though. Assuming they kept they same difficulty and achievements were possible to do, I would love to be able to Ulduar, Nax, and many of the other Cata and BC raids in LFR. And BH has been out for so long they might as well add it to the queue too without it mattering whether Horde or Alliance has control. Seems kind of silly to have that awesome feature in the game and then limit it to only the most current raid instance.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Don't take my WoW playing Canadians dammit >:|!!!

(All of my WoW-Related dating stories are disastrous.)

Top Bottom