• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

The new RAF mount still looks better than the rocket (not into the zany engineering stuff so much) and the Zebra ever did to me.

Not likely that I'll ever get it anyway.

The reason they do armor is because they've trained players that Armor > No Armor, starting as early as the Gladiator Netherwings in BC. Armor means more prestige nearly every time.
Ah this is a very good point that I hadn't even considered. It makes sense.
Armor on mounts is awesome.
I should have clarified that not all armor is bad. I love the dreadsteed and I think the bear mounts look really good. There are various examples of good armor and bad armor, but sometimes I wish Blizzard would let the beauty of the actual mount do more talking instead of covering it up.

Some mounts I would like to see with less armor include the mammoth, elekk, and wolf mounts. I saw that once upon a time the wolf mounts didn't have armor. That must have been what CarbonatedFalcon was talking about in vanilla.

And completely unrelated, I'm dying to have a flying camel. Blizzard, make it so!!!!!!!

EDIT: Or better yet, a flying camel in flames! :D

Yeah, it was a pug. he changed the loot rules the minute it dropped so he got it.

Hate when people do that.
I didn't know that loot rules could be changed after loot has already fallen. What is Blizzard's stance on this? I wonder if he can be reported. Would be nice to see him get banned or something. Stuff like this is rampant in wow it seems.

TheYanger

You can't change it after, but you can change it just before. If he'd stated the loot rules in chat, you can petition and get him suspended/the loot taken away.

I hope the loot rules were stated so you can get it taken away.

Gear up a DK or whatever other class than can solo it and solo it.

But I guess that doesn't change the appeal of pugging it on as many alts as you can if Ashes is going to be account wide tho....

Ultratech

I should have clarified that not all armor is bad. I love the dreadsteed and I think the bear mounts look really good. There are various examples of good armor and bad armor, but sometimes I wish Blizzard would let the beauty of the actual mount do more talking instead of covering it up.

Some mounts I would like to see with less armor include the mammoth, elekk, and wolf mounts. I saw that once upon a time the wolf mounts didn't have armor. That must have been what CarbonatedFalcon was talking about in vanilla.

And completely unrelated, I'm dying to have a flying camel. Blizzard, make it so!!!!!!!

EDIT: Or better yet, a flying camel in flames! :D

Yeah, some armored mounts do look pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind having like a Worm mount sorta like the Northrend worms. There'd be something just kinda funny about riding around on a big-ass worm.

As for the unarmored wolves, maybe he was talking about this? Since WAY back in the day, most epic ground mounts didn't have armor up until like 1.6.
101200.jpg

Yeah, some armored mounts do look pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind having like a Worm mount sorta like the Northrend worms. There'd be something just kinda funny about riding around on a big-ass worm.

As for the unarmored wolves, maybe he was talking about this?
Haha yes!

And that wolf mount looks pretty good. The armor on those look alright, but it would be nice to have both options for all the mounts.
images

Yeah, I'm thinking you're either lying or just did mining to get to 85.

It was a couple years ago so the memories are a bit hazy. If you guys think it's possible to get Friendly just from questing 80-85, then I must have joined the guild somewhere in the middle. The point stands that guild exp comes way too slowly and they should have made those heirlooms available from justice points like the rest of them.

I've been using the Darkmoon Faire on my alts to beef up my heirloom supplies.

I've now got a caster set, agi leather set with mace +dagger(useful for hunters and shammies also), and a tank plate set with an extra reaver. I think I'm set for now.
DF has heirlooms? Are they the same existing ones or completely different ones? Damn, I wish I could look at WoW sites from work.

MOP Cinematic today. :D
I heard it was Aug 16 or 17 during Gamescom.

The new RAF mount still looks better than the rocket (not into the zany engineering stuff so much) and the Zebra ever did to me.

Not likely that I'll ever get it anyway.
Is the new one also a two-seater? I am about to get a rocket (thanks fiancee), but this thing looks way cooler :|

theta11

You can't change it after, but you can change it just before. If he'd stated the loot rules in chat, you can petition and get him suspended/the loot taken away.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can have a GM deal with ninjas. Wow customer support is pretty decent although it can be slow to respond sometimes. Report the guy thought, nothing to lose at this point.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can have a GM deal with ninjas. Wow customer support is pretty decent although it can be slow to respond sometimes. Report the guy thought, nothing to lose at this point.

Can you guys explain what this "ninja" thing means? I don't ever raid, but if I did, I'd Need that mount. Is that a bad thing?

Speaking of, the other day I got bitched at for Needing an item with spirit. I'm a mage and it was a huge intellect upgrade for me but they said mages shouldn't roll on spirit items. I've been playing on and off for 5 years and still don't fully understand some of the systems in this game. The shammy won the roll and I would have traded it to him anyway so it wasn't a big deal, but they made me feel like an asshole.

Tamanon

Banned
It was a couple years ago so the memories are a bit hazy. If you guys think it's possible to get Friendly just from questing 80-85, then I must have joined the guild somewhere in the middle. The point stands that guild exp comes way too slowly and they should have made those heirlooms available from justice points like the rest of them.

DF has heirlooms? Are they the same existing ones or completely different ones? Damn, I wish I could look at WoW sites from work.

I heard it was Aug 16 or 17 during Gamescom.

Is the new one also a two-seater? I am about to get a rocket (thanks fiancee), but this thing looks way cooler :|

The Faire has heirlooms starting at 110 tickets each, all the justice points ones.

(This post was a bit late as GAF died right as I hit submit the first time.)

I don't think it sits two, no.

Can you guys explain what this "ninja" thing means? I don't ever raid, but if I did, I'd Need that mount. Is that a bad thing?

Speaking of, the other day I got bitched at for Needing an item with spirit. I'm a mage and it was a huge intellect upgrade for me but they said mages shouldn't roll on spirit items. I've been playing on and off for 5 years and still don't fully understand some of the systems in this game. The shammy won the roll and I would have traded it to him anyway so it wasn't a big deal, but they made me feel like an asshole.

Well "ninja" is a phrase that can be used in a couple situations, but with this Ashes - The raid leader changed the loot rules from what I presume were just regular group loot to master looter at the last second, and then gave himself the mount, stealing it from everyone else. At other times people will say you've ninja'd something in say a 5-man if you roll need on offspec stuff when someone else clearly needs it and/or you don't ask permission of the group. Can also reference needing on BoE gear that you don't need, though that's not much of a problem now since it becomes soulbound. When you could sell it or do whatever after needing, then yeah, it was an issue depending on how other people reacted (whether they tend to need or greed on these things.)

And as for rolling on a spirit item as a mage - yes, if it was an upgrade, then by all means, you aren't at fault. However, mages and warlocks typically don't want items with spirit as they're not as good for them as they are for other classes. Spirit items will typically go to a healer first, and then are more important for hybrid casters who have a talent that will turn spirit into hit. They benefit from the spirit twice over, gaining the regen and the hit chance.

I'm above 2500 ebon whelp kills now and still no dark whelpling drop. But something better dropped for me on a quick pass through TB :) Finally got the fox kit to drop. I'm so used to it not dropping that I wasn't even watching the computer screen while mindlessly killing foxes. Didn't hear anything go into my bag from auto-looting, so I looked back at the screen and there it was waiting for me to accept the bind on pickup message.

Also, I'm really getting into this transmogrification thing. link I've updated a couple of items (feet and off-hand). Embroidered Spellpyre Boots have to be the niftiest looking cloth feet in the game. Went into blood furnace for them and was fortunate that they dropped on the first run off that floating squid looking boss. I just need to decide on a helm... Nothing really matches unless I stick with the nemesis helm, but I dont' want to use that. Currently, I'm using the voidheart helm. I would love to use Crown of the Twilight Queen , but it would require a group to run it with me.

Ultratech

Also, I'm really getting into this transmogrification thing. link I've updated a couple of items (feet and off-hand). Embroidered Spellpyre Boots have to be the niftiest looking cloth feet in the game. Went into blood furnace for them and was fortunate that they dropped on the first run off that floating squid looking boss. I just need to decide on a helm... Nothing really matches unless I stick with the nemesis helm, but I dont' want to use that. Currently, I'm using the voidheart helm. I would love to use Crown of the Twilight Queen , but it would require a group to run it with me.

Could get Vengeful Gladiator's Dreadweave Helm (or Felweave). Color matches and despite how goofy the helm looks, you get wings when you jump!

Been camping the vendor Qiff in Netherstorm for a khorium power core. Apparently it's on a three hour respawn but I am starting to find that hard to believe.

I've never camped a vendor before...I see why some people jokingly call it the time-lost power core.

Touch

I'm thinking about taking Blizzard up on this faction change "deal" this weekend. Not to sure if I would rather be a Blood Elf or Undead. Playing level ones don't exactly let me see what my actually toon will feel like with full cata gear.

I'm thinking about taking Blizzard up on this faction change "deal" this weekend. Not to sure if I would rather be a Blood Elf or Undead. Playing level ones don't exactly let me see what my actually toon will feel like with full cata gear.

What's the deal this weekend?

Enosh

from the pvp with blues thingy

8M110E177P671308568399692.jpg

which mount is that? o_O
looks awesome, I want it!

I am guessing given the subject it's a pvp one?

edit: found it, bah pvp achie -.- I don't like pvp
and rated BGs are from a premade group only right?

hyduK

Banned
Logged in for the first time in months. Get 3 tells instantly asking if I want to join (shitty) guilds. These guys are getting good.

Anyway, kind of torn between trying to prep my rogue for MoP, and rerolling...I've played a Rogue since release...could be time to switch.

What's kind of the natural progression these days for 85's? Or the best way to go about farming gold? Kind of behind on the times.

Could get Vengeful Gladiator's Dreadweave Helm (or Felweave). Color matches and despite how goofy the helm looks, you get wings when you jump!
Yeah. I've been thinking about doing that one, too. Why does the one helm that I like the most have to require a full clear on heroic? lol
stupid sinestra!
is anyone legitimately interested/excited for pet battles?
I have mixed opinions. Doesn't really matter one way or the other, honestly. If they end up being fun and addicting, then it's one more thing to entertain. If not, I'll just continue doing other things.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why would you ninja Ashes at THIS point. You can solo Kael now with the majority of classes.

If Blizzard really wanted to get people back in the game, services like Faction Change and Realm Change would cover your entire character roster on a realm. As it is, they're making bank performing a "service" which costs them literally nothing (i.e. as much as it costs you to copy and past a file from one location to another assuming you had an automated script to do it for you).

Why would you ninja Ashes at THIS point. You can solo Kael now with the majority of classes.

If Blizzard really wanted to get people back in the game, services like Faction Change and Realm Change would cover your entire character roster on a realm. As it is, they're making bank performing a "service" which costs them literally nothing (i.e. as much as it costs you to copy and past a file from one location to another assuming you had an automated script to do it for you).
Agreed. I think server transfers should be the same way as well.

EDIT: 3000 ebon whelp kills so far and no dark whelpling. curses! According to bunny hunter, that many kills gives you a 95% chance of getting the drop. blah...

scoobs

Would be hilarious if blizzard finally nerfed human racials after this faction change 25% off weekend.

They said they want to address humans racial. I wonder what they will do? Give every race a free trinket and change the humans? I think thats the best way to do it.

Dresden

It'll probably just be a 3 minute cooldown again and then five months into the expansion they'll push it back to a 2 minute cooldown.

This latest patch requires you to redownload the entire beta client (16GB+). Seriously?

Sheesh. I will have to do it eventually though to see if this version will work rather than just crash all the time.

ampere

They said they want to address humans racial. I wonder what they will do? Give every race a free trinket and change the humans? I think thats the best way to do it.

That would be a good way to handle it. That was a good thing about SWTOR pvp, all races had the 'pvp trinket' built in.

scoobs

That would be a good way to handle it. That was a good thing about SWTOR pvp, all races had the 'pvp trinket' built in.

It would free up a trinket spot for everyone instead of just humans, so it would give more options to pvpers. I can't think of a better way to handle it, if they do something else they are morons imo. Its amazing that they've left it this way for this long, so ridiculous

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
5.0.3 on the PTR, expecting the servers to be up tomorrow probably.
Yeah, I'm downloading the data right now. This shall be a fun testing session, I'm eager to test out the new talent system. I'll also investigate the usual stuff (going to zones where you aren't supposed to be etc.). I remember from the patch 4.2 PTR (Firelands) fondly the glitch that enabled dwarfs and gnomes (I think goblins were included as well) to swim through the air. It was hilarious, especially in battlegrounds.

Measley

At least these new Elk/Moose Druid Travel forms are pretty amazing:

The ability icon will finally match the model!

(Seriously, it's been overdue since Vanilla.)

Is it still a glyph, or did they just update it from that terrible cheetah model?

I'm definitely going to get the glyph of Astral form for my Balance Druid. I really hate Moonkin form.

Feral
Predatory Swiftness Now allows your next Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, or Rebirth to be castable in all forms.

Awesome! I've wanted that for a looooong tme.

Sethos

Banned
Has there been any updates on the new vanilla character models, or is that still "We're looking at it, lot of work la la" ? They are so hard on the eyes and you really cringe when you see the new models in comparison.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any updates on the new vanilla character models, or is that still "We're looking at it, lot of work la la" ? They are so hard on the eyes and you really cringe when you see the new models in comparison.
I haven't really looked into it, but I can't help think that at least the female human model features more polygons than before. I might be wrong though, so I'll check more once the PTR client has finished updating.

Westlo

Lets be real, there was no way they were going to have them @ launch for MOP, gotta maximize all the Pandaren race changes first.

Top Bottom