• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rokam

Just a heads up if you visit wowhead at work you may want to refrain from going there today till they take down the full page ad. However if you're a fan of nearly naked digital females, enjoy!

Alex

My favorite transmog was one of the Shaman PvP sets, one of the Cata earlier ones, it was like brownish with purple highlights. Looked nice and earthy and simple, combo'd it with some smaller shoulder pads and my character didn't look like a bloated cartoon trainwreck. It was a good change of pace.

I wish I had gotten T5 on my Priest, if you wanna go for tier style, that's always been my favorite, but I passed on all the shit because it was terrible for Shadow back then. If I ever sub again I may go back and try to collect what I can.

Rokam

Don't really get the hype, but hope it has some new things for Blizzard to steal, and at least gives Blizzard some real competition so they won't slack off like they did with Cata content patches.

markot

Banned
Couldnt stand gw1, gw2 is awesome though ^_^ But thats for another thread and time and what nots.

How long till the cinematic?

strafer

From a user on MMOC.

Naval fleet. They shipwreck. The Alliance and Horde fight and Chen kicks the human and orcs ass that we've seen the artwork for. Then a bunch of pandaren show up.

markot

Banned
It felt more like an ad then an intro... sorta... it was great, but... I don't know. Maybe I'm just a hater. I loved the detail.

Wotlk is still the best imo.

Trailer is good. Thoughts in the other thread, but I'll reiterate the one bit here:

Good god do male humans need new models.

Not my favorite trailer (BC or Vanilla maybe?), but certainly par for Blizzard, which is wayyyyyy above par for anyone else in animation.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It still bothers me that they're not including Chen's best bud Rexxar in the expansion :(.

Yeah, I wish Rexxar had a more pivtol role in either BC or Vanilla.

I mean, yeah in Vanilla he was in Desolace doing the stuff for the Onyxia Questline but... yeah, needed to be more prevalent in BC.

It's like Garona just randomly showing up with a completely non-unique model in Twilight Highlands :|

Coolwhip

Banned
I don't think this is a trailer that will make anyone go 'whoa I need to play this game!'.

Is there any way to find out how many Europeans and Americans actually subcribe to Wow? We always get the PR spin numbers of '10 million' but I'm curious what the numbers are really like if you exclude Asians that don't pay a monthly fee.

strafer

I don't think this is a trailer that will make anyone go 'whoa I need to play this game!'.

Is there any way to find out how many Europeans and Americans actually subcribe to Wow? We always get the PR spin numbers of '10 million' but I'm curious what the numbers are really like if you exclude Asians that don't pay a monthly fee.

It's not suppose to.

aesop

That's what these are for:

Alex

That's what these are for:

Those would be more exciting if we didnt know exactly how all of those were going to flow and play out. It's an old game, but I wish they would give one final shakeup to their content delivery.

Just getting some medium-tier difficulty options and some co-operative leveling functionality would thrill me. Oh well.

The trailer definitely solidified my wanting to come back at least for a little while. I resubscribed two nights ago just to see what my assets looked like and to start ramping up for the expansion. Then I spent last night wondering if I really wanted to get back in. After watching the trailer I know I at least want to play for a month or two again.

Now to try to at least experience as much new Cataclysm content as I can since I quit last March due to guild drama while we were fairly progressed through the first tier of raids.

Berordn

Not that Chen beating the snot out of a couple of idiots isn't endlessly entertaining, but I was hoping for something... more. I guess I should just accept they're never topping Wrath's cinematic.

To me, nothing tops seeing well-known game locations in the cinematics, like most of Cata's cinematic. I was hoping we'd get some more old world goodness, but seeing the faction ships will have to suffice.

Belgorim

Would MoP be somewhere to start for a few people who have never played wow before?

I have played a lot of other mmos and so has my friends, but have not played wow since the first beta. Was interested in checking it out just to see how it feels like compared to all the others I have played.

The new cinematic is gorgeous. However, I was expecting to get a glimpse of who the main antagonist is in the intro, but that is not the case. I am still wondering who that is going to be.

Berordn

The new cinematic is gorgeous. However, I was expecting to get a glimpse of who the main antagonist is in the intro, but that is not the case. I am still wondering who that is going to be.

There isn't a single main antagonist. We've got Mogu in possession of some left over Titan tech, Old Gods out the ass, Garrosh and his ties to the Legion, and whatever Wrathion's going on about as he plays both sides against each other.

Whatever Wrathion's up to will likely be the bigger enemy force in the expansion, but we're not going to see that unfold until the first major patch.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Garrosh :p

Thinking about it, I thought the whole Orc and Human going ":eek:" and the Human handing the Orc the spear was pretty cheesy and lame. :(

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Think of starting up WoW again when MoP hits (super causal player here), trying to get my brother to join in as well but all the shit you have to buy to get into it is annoying, any chance of bilzzard releasing an up to date battle chest or something?

Top Bottom