• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Loxley

I can't decide whether or not the people in the YT comments who are making the Kung Fu Panda jokes genuinely think they're being funny or clever, or if they're being ironic. Oh, internet.

Either way, I like the cinematic quite a bit. I think TBC's is still my favorite just because it showed off a lot more (and the "You are not prepared!" tagline at the end was great). As of now I'd rank the cinematics like this:

1.) The Burning Crusade
2.) Vanilla WoW cinematic (dat soundtrack)
3.) Wrath of the Lich King (Arthas' father's voice-over really makes this one for me)
4.) Mists of Pandaria
5.) Cataclysm

IsayFever

Think of starting up WoW again when MoP hits (super causal player here), trying to get my brother to join in as well but all the shit you have to buy to get into it is annoying, any chance of bilzzard releasing an up to date battle chest or something?

You can buy the game and all expansions up to mists on the battle.net website for the cost of an updated battle chest. It's something like $30 or $40 for the core game + all expansions up to mists

sazzy

To me, nothing tops seeing well-known game locations in the cinematics, like most of Cata's cinematic. I was hoping we'd get some more old world goodness, but seeing the faction ships will have to suffice.

Rendering entire cities would take a lot of time, effort and money. Notice how in this trailer its basically 3 characters, lots of weather effects and fog, and view 'down below' from really far away.

It was similar in Cata. You only saw edges of iconic landmarks, Deathwing, and lots of fire and smoke.

Wrath shows Arthas and the tops of the heads of skeletons.

BC and Vanilla show a lot of characters, but they are much lower in overall technical quality.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://t.co/V8aipQiB

With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25. We want the entire World of Warcraft community to be able to embrace their inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei, or pandaren from the moment they step foot into the world of Azeroth.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?

Naka

With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25. We want the entire World of Warcraft community to be able to embrace their inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei, or pandaren from the moment they step foot into the world of Azeroth.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?

So I'm guessing this means the expansions will unlock the ability to get to the next level cap and that continent and zone moving forward?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I'm guessing this means the expansions will unlock the ability to get to the next level cap and that continent and zone moving forward?

Yes. It makes total sense. The problem with locking the races is that a lot of people don't buy all 3 expansions at once.

More like, they buy Vanilla/TBC (TBC doesn't really exist anymore and I assume WLK is going to come with that), play up to cap. Locking races means that only re-rollers get to play Worgen, Goblins or Pandaren. Note that its not including the expansion level *classes* like Death Knight or Monk. You still have to purchase the expansion to get those.

Naka

Yes. It makes total sense. The problem with locking the races is that a lot of people don't buy all 3 expansions at once.

More like, they buy Vanilla/TBC (TBC doesn't really exist anymore and I assume WLK is going to come with that), play up to cap. Locking races means that only re-rollers get to play Worgen, Goblins or Pandaren. Note that its not including the expansion level *classes* like Death Knight or Monk. You still have to purchase the expansion to get those.

Yeah this makes total sense to me too. It makes it easier for someone who is coming into the game fresh to get an idea of what race they want to be as opposed to having to buy 4 different games just try out Pandas.

Chris R

Has there been any on if there will be a reduction in EXP required for next level in any level range? Have one alt who is 71 and one that just hit 60, but if MoP is going to reduce TNL for 60-85 I'd just park them for the time being instead of trying to get them to 85 before MoP drops.

Berordn

Has there been any on if there will be a reduction in EXP required for next level in any level range? Have one alt who is 71 and one that just hit 60, but if MoP is going to reduce TNL for 60-85 I'd just park them for the time being instead of trying to get them to 85 before MoP drops.

They always do this, but usually in a minor patch or two after the expansion is released, just to give you incentive to be at max level when it goes live. They haven't said anything specifically regarding MoP though.

Naka

MMO-Champion reported a change in a recent beta build.
Code:
Level		Old XP Req		New XP Req
1-9		Old			Same
10-39?		Old			(-20%)
40-82		Old			Same
82-83		4,004,000		2,669,000 (-33%)
83-84		5,203,400		3,469,000 (-33%)
84-85		9,165,100		4,583,000 (-50%)
85-86		10 million		15.5 million (+55%)
86-87		11.6 million		18 million (+55%)
87-88		14.6 million		22.6 million (+55%)
88-89		17.6 million		27.3 million (+55%)
89-90		21.2 million		32.8 million (+55%)

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...acter-Creation-Gear-Blue-Posts-Weekly-Roundup

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm getting the impression they're trying to equalize out DPS at 100,000 for most classes given that they seem to be nerfing everyone who's simming over 110K down to about that number (which of course is a higher number than players can legitimately achieve).

Magnus

God damn...the music this franchise has generated...I mean, even just the music of World of Warcraft and its expansions, nevermind everything beforehand...it's incredible.

I just watched all the old cinematics and some other videos while tossin' back lunch. Really incredible, moving, well-put together stuff. Beautiful.

I thought it was the exact opposite: hilarious and awesome. Different strokes for different folks...

I'm in that boat. I smiled and chuckled when that happened.

I exclaimed "Chen!" when he popped up too. I don't have any of the other Warcraft figures but I have him. :) A Panda after my own stomach. <3

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm in that boat. I smiled and chuckled when that happened.

I exclaimed "Chen!" when he popped up too. I don't have any of the other Warcraft figures but I have him. :) A Panda after my own stomach. <3

It didn't dawn on me until he picked up his keg that it was Chen :(

Fjordson

I can't decide whether or not the people in the YT comments who are making the Kung Fu Panda jokes genuinely think they're being funny or clever, or if they're being ironic. Oh, internet.

It's pretty obnoxious. The GAF thread for the cinematic is basically on the level of YouTube comments as well. "LOL KUNG FU PANDAS! And in case you didn't already guess, WoW sucks! Never playing that bullshit again!" and around and around we go.

It's pretty obnoxious. The GAF thread for the cinematic is basically on the level of YouTube comments as well. "LOL KUNG FU PANDAS! And in case you didn't already guess, WoW sucks! Never playing that bullshit again!" and around and around we go.

Annnnnd that's why I'm staying in this thread.

Rokam

This is what happens when I read that other thread
tumblr_lvbcz08qCT1qafrh6.gif

Enosh

you forgot "all hail GW2 greatest MMO ever to be made"

^^

Rokam

I really regret not leveling enchanting whilst leveling my character. Such a pain in the ass to go back, especially because I fucked up and leveled my tailoring without saving the greens :(.

Teletraan1

Banned
I dont get why people are upset with pandas. Cow men, goblins, gnomes derp faced werewolves and every pop culture reference EVER was fine but NOT pandas. I think they look hilarious. I play zoomed out in a raid anyway so I dont even care what the character looks like. Only what buffs they get lol.

Magnus

There's a weird, exuberant joy to playing as a pandaren the first time, and rolling around that crazy lush green forest. I hope everyone gives them a try!

Teletraan1

Banned
They definitely looks fun and I hate this word but whimsical. I am going to probably play one to 90 as the first thing I do. I leveled a DK to max level when wrath came out and before they nerfed everything that was some crazy fun.

You know, I think that Pandaria thing looks a lot like Kung Fu Panda.

Having played the beta, I agree. It's a fun area though. Too bad once you finish it, you're just thrown into the same old game. I'm looking forward to release but I gotta say it's basically like building a new room on top of a burning building. The game needs some major changes

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
You can buy the game and all expansions up to mists on the battle.net website for the cost of an updated battle chest. It's something like $30 or $40 for the core game + all expansions up to mists

Thanks got it, now just gotta get my account unlocked. Looks like it got hacked on a free weekend months ago.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Finally got H Rag down... did it with an OpenRaid group.

Kinda sad cuz my usual 10 man group couldn't kill it the few times we tried it.

I do think opening all races to everyone is a good change.

Really need to download the beta again to try stuff out after the first failed time (issues on my end, and then they had everyone redownload.)

Think I need to copy my character over again. Started the quests that get you to Pandaria but couldn't make it back up to the ship where you turned in the quest after I hearthed back to Org. Bleh. I should play around with talents more than just pet battling so I'm prepared.

Also, not gonna lie... want that pretty phoenix bird so bad... the one that showed up in the mount list without any provoking. I'm gonna shit my pants* if we get to keep it for being in the beta.

Alex

I think the pandaren look great. Never got the outrage in a game that's largely based on goof and levity and weird ass races anyway.

Neat that everyone can be every race now. How does that work with races that are built into expansion zones though, I guess they just let you play in those?

I think the pandaren look great. Never got the outrage in a game that's largely based on goof and levity and weird ass races anyway.

Neat that everyone can be every race now. How does that work with races that are built into expansion zones though, I guess they just let you play in those?
They pretty much have to now. I don't think they would want to let people roll those races without experiencing their starting zones.

Draxal

Garrosh :p

Thinking about it, I thought the whole Orc and Human going ":eek:" and the Human handing the Orc the spear was pretty cheesy and lame. :(

Pretty much this for me, that's why I liked the LK/Cata ones better then this one.

I mean I do appreciate the humor in Wow, but I liked it when it more subtle then it is now.

TheYanger

I agree that the humorous bits fell flat. They were fine and if it were a movie or something I'd appreciate it, but for this cinematic it really just gives it a vibe that doesn't fit with the previous 4. Otherwise I liked it.

Top Bottom