• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Dresden

Having played the beta, I agree. It's a fun area though. Too bad once you finish it, you're just thrown into the same old game. I'm looking forward to release but I gotta say it's basically like building a new room on top of a burning building. The game needs some major changes

Kinda why I don't plan on playing more than a month of Pandaria. I'll level up, enjoy the new zones, and do some LFR and scenarios before moving on.

They'll never do that because everyone would reroll gnome paladins/druids/shaman.

Haha those two are specifically what I have been dreaming about for years lol. Really just want a gnome paladin. Not sure why it really matters outside of some irrelevant lore/canon. It's pure discrimination against gnomes! :D

EDIT: Also, it's not really any different than introducing a new class like the DK's or Monks and having everyone re-roll to those. If they'd just go ahead and make it possible for you to make whatever combination of class/race you want, then things would eventually settle down and people would get over the novelty.

Doosi

Banned
MMO-Champion reported a change in a recent beta build.
Code:
Level		Old XP Req		New XP Req
1-9		Old			Same
10-39?		Old			(-20%)
40-82		Old			Same
82-83		4,004,000		2,669,000 (-33%)
83-84		5,203,400		3,469,000 (-33%)
84-85		9,165,100		4,583,000 (-50%)
85-86		10 million		15.5 million (+55%)
86-87		11.6 million		18 million (+55%)
87-88		14.6 million		22.6 million (+55%)
88-89		17.6 million		27.3 million (+55%)
89-90		21.2 million		32.8 million (+55%)

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...acter-Creation-Gear-Blue-Posts-Weekly-Roundup

Is this for patch 5.0? In other words, should I wait until the 28th to level my 80 druid?

Willectro

Banned
Not sure this is old news, but my friend sent me a "scroll of resurrection" last night and blizzard sent an email with the following content:

In addition to 7 days of game time you’ll also receive these benefits for ONE character of your choosing:

• A FREE upgrade to Cataclysm
• A single character boosted to level 85

• An optional FREE Character Move to your friend's realm/faction (for the boosted character only).
• Seven Days of FREE Game Time.

Yet when I logged in my toon was only boosted up to 80. The email would also lead you to believe that you get 14 days of free game time. I wonder if this is something Blizzard will "fix" for me?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Not sure this is old news, but my friend sent me a "scroll of resurrection" last night and blizzard sent an email with the following content:

Yet when I logged in my toon was only boosted up to 80. The email would also lead you to believe that you get 14 days of free game time. I wonder if this is something Blizzard will "fix" for me?

You only get boosted to 80 and 7 free days. That's a phishing email or something.

Acosta

I had forgotten the community thing, I was wondering why the CGI thread was so shitty and I remembered that everyone who gives a shit is here.

It has been my longest time without WoW, I wonder how I will feel coming back. Nor The Old Republic nor The Secret World managed to getting me engaged and I had fun with TERA but that's it. I hope to enjoy GW2 of course but I really doubt it will be the second coming.

It´s sad but I'm starting to assimilate that I was wrong, I didn't fall in love with MMOs as genere, I fell in love with WoW and that feeling won't come back. But I'll keep enjoying the expansions at least.

Anyway, the intro of Mists is fucking amazing. I really want to see the Blizzard take on a oriental setting.

Acosta

hahaha

51vIW.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
No offence, but that would be a pretty huge coincidence. My friend told me he was sending the SoR and I got that email less than 30 minutes later. It's definitely from Blizzard.
No offense, but it's only 80 levels. Take a screen shot of the email with the header included.

Here's a blog post 8 days ago about Monk's and SOR.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/69...ection_Update_for_Mists_of_Pandaria_-8_9_2012
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/56...tion_Update_for_Mists_of_Pandaria_-09_08_2012
Players who receive a Scroll of Resurrection will not be able to apply rewards (e.g. boost to level 80) to monk characters.

If I go to invite someone through my account UI it says 80.

Attempted to down Onyxia last night with my girlfriend.

"Can we try this again some other time, like when I'm not on my period?"

Dragon be stressful, man.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Lmao, I understand that. I know it's hard to comprehend that Blizzard did something incorrectly, but they did.

I'm sorry, but you're the ONLY person on the internet talking about an SOR email that says level 85.

You're the ONLY person on the internet that has this written "In addition to 7 days of game time you’ll also receive these benefits for ONE character of your choosing:"

The official emails aren't worded like that. Implying 14 days is a dumb grammar mistake common in phishing emails.

hyduK

Banned
No offense, but it's only 80 levels. Take a screen shot of the email with the header included.

Here's a blog post 8 days ago about Monk's and SOR.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/69...ection_Update_for_Mists_of_Pandaria_-8_9_2012
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/56...tion_Update_for_Mists_of_Pandaria_-09_08_2012

If I go to invite someone through my account UI it says 80.

Yeah, sorry but it's definitely legit. As the person who sent the SoR to him, about 20 minutes prior to him receiving the email (which I've seen), I can confirm this.

I should also note that the link inside the e-mail worked.

Blizzard goofed, not that hard to comprehend.

The email is also personalized the way I sent it, as well as addressed from the toon I sent it from...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, sorry but it's definitely legit. As the person who sent the SoR to him, about 20 minutes prior to him receiving the email (which I've seen), I can confirm this.

I should also note that the link inside the e-mail worked.

Blizzard goofed, not that hard to comprehend.

The email is also personalized the way I sent it, as well as addressed from the toon I sent it from...
I asked for a screen shot, not his buddy coming along and saying THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS.

The emails aren't worded like that.

Willectro

Banned
I'm sorry, but you're the ONLY person on the internet talking about an SOR email that says level 85.

You're the ONLY person on the internet that has this written "In addition to 7 days of game time you’ll also receive these benefits for ONE character of your choosing:"

The official emails aren't worded like that. Implying 14 days is dumb grammar mistake that phishers make.

Lmao, Ok we will see. So basically, what you are saying is that a "phisher" sent me an email at the same time as I received a SoR? This is the worst argument.

Edit:

Qs8zF.png

Sorry, on my phone, will post the full email later.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Lmao, Ok we will see. So basically, what you are saying is that a "phisher" sent me an email at the same time as I received a SoR? This is the worst argument.
It can take hours to get the official e-mail while the SOR is awarded on the account.

It's funny how you keep saying "your argument is dumb because the email came after my friend sent it."

And your friend is sitting here saying it's personalized how he sent it.

And yet I'm still not seeing a screen shot.

So, basically, stop being stupid.

hyduK

Banned
It can take hours to get the official e-mail while the SOR is awarded on the account.

It's funny how you keep saying "your argument is dumb because the email came after my friend sent it."

And your friend is sitting here saying it's personalized how he sent it.

And yet I'm still not seeing a screen shot.

So, basically, stop being stupid.

So basically, you're an idiot.

Phishing emails just happened to be personalized as if they were sent from the person who actually did send you one about 30 minutes prior?

I suppose you want a screenshot proving that is actually my character name too, right?

It sounds like a phishing scam to me too.

Post the email.

No one in this thread wants anything bad to happen to you/your account. People are attempting to help you from a possible scam.

Willectro

Banned
It sounds like a phishing scam to me too.

Post the email.

No one in this thread wants anything bad to happen to you/your account. People are attempting to help you from a possible scam.

What would have initiated the scam though? Why completely 'out of the blue' would a phisher send me the email? And coincidentally when I was receiving a SoR.

And nothings going to happen to my account, I have the authenticator and text alerts, etc etc.

Second clue: Blizzard has been known to make large mistakes in the past (see: Diablo 3).

You are standing on the tracks with a train speeding towards you and people here are yelling at you to get out of the way.

I'm done yelling and I won't feel the least bit bad when you get run over. I did my part. Everything that happens from here on out is your own fault.

Willectro

Banned
You are standing on the tracks with a train speeding towards you and people here are yelling at you to get out of the way.

I'm done yelling and I won't feel the least bit bad when you get run over. I did my part. Everything that happens from here on out is your own fault.

I love you guys.

hyduK

Banned
Lt9dG.png

SrqG0.png

Qs8zF.png

So this phishing email was just coincidentally sent using my character name, minutes after I actually DID send one?

This thread got quiet quick.

I understand your guys concern, but at a certain point you have to realize that the majority of people aren't stupid enough to fall for a phishing scam.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's your definition of "fall for"? Click the link and get scammed?

I saw a person making a post believing that it has changed to 85 and wondering if blizzard would fix blizzard's mistake of only making his character 80. That screams falling for for false info that would most likely be in a fake e-mail.

A few months ago, SOR emails were only sent in batches. Getting it 20 minutes later means nothing to me.

Then you provide a screen shot incredibly late in the discussion.

I really don't care bros, go to the official forums if you think you got something.

I mean seriously, because no one is talking about it there. At all.

strafer

hahahahahahahaha

My new favorite NPC is MudMug.

Hillbilly Redneck panda, love it.

And love that Blizzard finally have more voice acted npcs.

hyduK

Banned
What's your definition of "fall for"? Click the link and get scammed?

I saw a person making a post believing that it has changed to 85 and wondering if blizzard would fix blizzard's mistake of only making his character 80. That screams falling for for false info that would most likely be in a fake e-mail.

A few months ago, SOR emails were only sent in batches. Getting it 20 minutes later means nothing to me.

Then you provide a screen shot incredibly late in the discussion.

I really don't care bros, go to the official forums if you think you got something.

I mean seriously, because no one is talking about it there. At all.
Yes. Getting scammed.

His post wasn't him 'believing' it got changed to 85, it was pointing out the flaw in the automated e-mail.

I didn't really provide a screenshot late, I just wasn't sitting here waiting for some condescending dude on an internet forum to so persistently refuse to believe that Blizzard could possibly make a mistake.

Beyond that, setting up a phishing scam based on SOR would be pretty inefficient since you're already limiting yourself to people that have been inactive for a while.

Willectro

Banned
I tweeted BlizzardCS a link to that email screengrab.

Let's see what they say?

Alright, great. I opened a ticket last night as well.

Everything in the email works as it should (ie goes to the correct Blizz website, etc). I think the big point you guys are still missing is that for this to be phishing, it would have to be an absolutely massive coincidence. I appreciate the concern, but I think I have something legit here.

This thread got quiet quick.
This thread has been fairly quiet for some time now. This drama and the MoP cinematic have made minor upticks in posts, but that's it.

I don't discount the skeptical nature. But, hell, since we're already this far, why not go a little further and do the following, provided the Scroll is actually being redeemed and supplemented with a subscription:

* Click on the WoW game license
* Go to "Referrals & Rewards" at the bottom and select "Scroll of Resurrection"
* Click on History and then "Claim Rewards"

What does it say? This is for the scroll recipient, of course.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Beyond that, setting up a phishing scam based on SOR would be pretty inefficient since you're already limiting yourself to people that have been inactive for a while.
No. When the new SOR was announced and got a lot of buzz, including a begging thread on the main Neogaf gaming forum, they rolled out the updated SOR phishing scam.

They are going to do whatever method they can.

They love getting a hold of inactive accounts assuming the person stops playing after 7 days. They add game time while the person is off not playin wow.

Garryk

Are they going to change the SoR date anytime soon? FAQ still said only accounts inactive before March 4th, 2012 are eligible last time I looked.

Willectro

Banned
This thread has been fairly quiet for some time now. This drama and the MoP cinematic have made minor upticks in posts, but that's it.

I don't discount the skeptical nature. But, hell, since we're already this far, why not go a little further and do the following, provided the Scroll is actually being redeemed and supplemented with a subscription:

* Click on the WoW game license
* Go to "Referrals & Rewards" at the bottom and select "Scroll of Resurrection"
* Click on History and then "Claim Rewards"

What does it say? This is for the scroll recipient, of course.

I don't know what this proves, as I said earlier I logged in a played the new level 80 toon for a few minutes.

SWNjB.png

Berordn

Are they going to change the SoR date anytime soon? FAQ still said only accounts inactive before March 4th, 2012 are eligible last time I looked.

Probably not. They'll probably end the current SoR and go back to the old one shortly after the expansion hits. They've said that this was a limited time deal.

Dunlop

I'm kind of lost with this (firewall) but do you get a level 85 with the SoR?

No desire to play atm (especially with GW2 coming out) but I would defiantly jump on this to make another toon in case I come back

Berordn

No desire to play atm (especially with GW2 coming out) but I would defiantly jump on this to make another toon in case I come back

A character boosted to level 80, plus a free server and faction change to the character and faction the invite was sent from. The character doesn't have to be preexisting and you can roll one and then use the scroll after you're awarded your free gametime.

hyduK

Banned

Nah, it's level 80. The e-mail they send is just incorrect.

Dresden

so guys

how bout dem shamans

I seriously feel like picking up my dwarf shaman again for MoP. Go Enhance. Feel the heartbreak as I mess around with clunky totem mechanics and the lack of mobility.

Top Bottom