• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

aesop

so guys

how bout dem shamans

I seriously feel like picking up my dwarf shaman again for MoP. Go Enhance. Feel the heartbreak as I mess around with clunky totem mechanics and the lack of mobility.

What is the deal with totems now, anyways? I've been too busy trying to find out what the fuck is up with shadow priests to notice.

Dresden

What is the deal with totems now, anyways? I've been too busy trying to find out what the fuck is up with shadow priests to notice.

Blizz wanted to make them feel like they have an impact, so most of them became cooldown-based drops or were eliminated in favor of static buffs.

Problem is that for most it's the same shit except that we're using two or three GCDs for what would have been just a single drop earlier. Also more micromanaging. Also clunk.

Not as bad as new warlock mechanics though.

wait what is up with shadow priests??
Slow combo point generation especially with the nerf to divine insight. ES gone. There's a lot of ramp up for not a lot of reward. Orbs need another way to be generated other than Mind Blasts.

aesop

It's really rather ridiculous what they've done to orbs. I mean, it's not like they are great on live. All we wanted was predictable orb generation and something else to spend them on. Well, it's definitely predictable now, but it takes too long to generate them and we have one spell to spend them on, which hits like a foam sword. There is no way to generate them outside of combat so we still have a long ramp up time and our overall damage output is pretty weak right now. They've said the numbers should come up a bit in the next build, though.

Berordn

No more passive totems. Everything integral from those is rolled into the class or removed from the game completely so it's not a class-specific loss. Active totems like searing, your elementals and Earthgrasp and whatnot are still in, and a few others have been reworked to be healing or DPS cooldowns.

Not terribly much has changed, just that you don't have to spend time dropping four passive totems and forgetting about them anymore.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The new totem system takes a bit of getting used to.

When I first logged on the beta/ptr I kept hitting my Call of Elements button but then I was like "oh right, just gotta put down Searing"

Kinda sucks cuz it means more keybindings :<

strafer

So after a long day of questing and doing dungeons I went back to my little farm and grew some veggies.

Oh god.

This game is a simulator now. :(

Tamanon

Banned
I shelved my mage about a year ago and was just in the Cata tailoring/enchanting....I may just log in every month to get the 5 points from Darkmoon Faire. Now I'm at 515 tailoring and 525 enchanting. Just holding on until Pandaland.

Tamanon

Banned
Garrosh is acting a helluva lot more bloodthirsty in that cinematic. Although....an attack on Tanaris? I wonder if we'll get the backstory in 5.0.4 on what sets him off.

Chris R

I shelved my mage about a year ago and was just in the Cata tailoring/enchanting....I may just log in every month to get the 5 points from Darkmoon Faire. Now I'm at 515 tailoring and 525 enchanting. Just holding on until Pandaland.

Wish I would have known about that sooner :( had no idea that you got easy points when I started playing again and missed out on a month or two of points (aka hundreds of gold!)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
They've added so many spell effects over the years.

I was fighting the last guy in Isle of Conquest and there's so much shit flying through the room I can't see or make out anything that is going on.

Any way to easily manage this?

strafer

They've added so many spell effects over the years.

I was fighting the last guy in Isle of Conquest and there's so much shit flying through the room I can't see or make out anything that is going on.

Any way to easily manage this?

Turn spell effects to low in options.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn Mists looks like so much fun. I'm gonna have to try and resub even though there's so much for me to play in the meantime including CS:GO and Borderlands 2.

ampere

so guys

how bout dem shamans

I seriously feel like picking up my dwarf shaman again for MoP. Go Enhance. Feel the heartbreak as I mess around with clunky totem mechanics and the lack of mobility.

I think I'm gonna play mine Enhance/Resto as an alt. Enhancement and Ele would be so much better if Searing Totem would die a thousand deaths.

Good news for Enhance, Spirit Walk isn't tied to wolves anymore and it lasts 15 seconds. Pretty solid sprint/snare removal

Oxn

Is the new patch in yet?

I was thinking of subscribing for 2 month starting Sept 1st, and then when my White Vita comes its goodbye forever.

Oxn

i have not kept up with wow for the past 6 months.

these are the 2 classes i plan to play again.

Dk and locks. how are they? which are the top specs for each?

do locks still get trained by melee?

Rokam

i have not kept up with wow for the past 6 months.

these are the 2 classes i plan to play again.

Dk and locks. how are they? which are the top specs for each?

do locks still get trained by melee?

Not sure on pvp so can't really answer, but locks are getting an overhaul in MoP and will play differently, all 3 specs. So be aware!

Oxn

Not sure on pvp so can't really answer, but locks are getting an overhaul in MoP and will play differently, all 3 specs. So be aware!

can u go in a little more detail? different how?

im pretty familiar with the old affliction and destruction play style.

Rokam

can u go in a little more detail? different how?

im pretty familiar with the old affliction and destruction play style.

Haven't touched the beta, but they each spec has their own resource in addition to mana.

Found a short summary:
Affliction keeps Soul Shards as they are. Demonology gains Demonic Fury, which fills up as a bar to 1,000 (100%) by using certain abilities and drains down to 0 using the same if modified abilities when the warlock is in the Metamorphosis stance. Destruction gains burning embers; the warlock builds a whole ember in tenths by casting fire spells on the target and spends them by casting special abilities like Chaos Bolt.

Oxn

Haven't touched the beta, but they each spec has their own resource in addition to mana.

Found a short summary:
Affliction keeps Soul Shards as they are. Demonology gains Demonic Fury, which fills up as a bar to 1,000 (100%) by using certain abilities and drains down to 0 using the same if modified abilities when the warlock is in the Metamorphosis stance. Destruction gains burning embers; the warlock builds a whole ember in tenths by casting fire spells on the target and spends them by casting special abilities like Chaos Bolt.

ahhh yex i think i remember hearing about that a while back. its not so different, itll still play relatively the same. kinda like when paladins got holy power.

Blizz wanted to make them feel like they have an impact, so most of them became cooldown-based drops or were eliminated in favor of static buffs.

Problem is that for most it's the same shit except that we're using two or three GCDs for what would have been just a single drop earlier. Also more micromanaging. Also clunk.

Screw Blizzard. I shelved my Mage / Warrior midway into WotLK and all of Cata. It's my highest geared toon and now with those rotten as changes I'm more than likely not going to play it / play it as much as the mage and I freaking loved playing the shaman.

And yes I played the Beta and I wasn't too thrilled about the changes..... nor the sims that I've seen for the Elemental shamans. Going from mid tier to damn near last for casters, just above the shadow priests.

I think I'm gonna play mine Enhance/Resto as an alt. Enhancement and Ele would be so much better if Searing Totem would die a thousand deaths.

Wait i haven't been following MOP at all but are we still reliant on searing totem? Do we still have to build 5 stacks before unleashing lava lash? I figured that would have been fixed by now. Yay for enhance PvP.

Rokam

Screw Blizzard. I shelved my Mage / Warrior midway into WotLK and all of Cata. It's my highest geared toon and now with those rotten as changes I'm more than likely not going to play it / play it as much as the mage and I freaking loved playing the shaman.

And yes I played the Beta and I wasn't too thrilled about the changes..... nor the sims that I've seen for the Elemental shamans. Going from mid tier to damn near last for casters, just above the shadow priests.

Damn they must have nerfed them hard in the past 2 weeks, guy from Method says they were doing insane dps in their raids.

Here's the latest sim for all classes for those wondering http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html, lol at frost being above all other mage specs.

Damn they must have nerfed them hard in the past 2 weeks, guy from Method says they were doing insane dps in their raids.

Here's the latest sim for all classes for those wondering http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html, lol at frost being above all other mage specs.

Yeah. Part of me feels that they are very suspect, especially with Frost above fire and arcane. I know frost is competitive but not above fire.

We'll just have to wait and see but damned if I want to go into full blast and find out that my fears are real.

Loxley

I finally bothered to do some reading up on PvE Scenarios to learn what they are, and I have to say they sound pretty damn cool, especially for MMO content. Definitely one of the features I'm now looking forward to the most in MoP. Blizz seems really enthused about its possibilities post-MoP launch.

Magnus

Bit the bullet. Faction/server transferred from dead old Suramar Alliance PvE to Mal'ganis Horde PvP. It's going to be like a whole different game, from community, to faction, to server type, to population, to activity level.

Orgrimmar is a fucking maze to me. Seven years and I've just played Alliance really. Guide to surviving my first trip into serious Horde territory!

My reasons were twofold; old WoW friends returning to play, but on Mal'ganis, and second, goddamn, I love how intensely active the Trade and General channels are on Mal'ganis. PUGs and chat are always happening. Suramar isn't truly terrible, but it's very quiet by comparison.

I hope this transfer goes through within the hour.

Bit the bullet. Faction/server transferred from dead old Suramar Alliance PvE to Mal'ganis Horde PvP. It's going to be like a whole different game, from community, to faction, to server type, to population, to activity level.

Orgrimmar is a fucking maze to me. Seven years and I've just played Alliance really. Guide to surviving my first trip into serious Horde territory!

My reasons were twofold; old WoW friends returning to play, but on Mal'ganis, and second, goddamn, I love how intensely active the Trade and General channels are on Mal'ganis. PUGs and chat are always happening. Suramar isn't truly terrible, but it's very quiet by comparison.

I hope this transfer goes through within the hour.

Well I'll probably see you there when the expansion starts up. Planning on going there myself with at least 2 characters to start.

I was just reading about the account wide achievements, that is pretty nice. Just that change is making me want to re-sub.

How is the rogue class right now? If I re-sub it's gonna be to either play my rogue or my paladin (tank probably).

Bit the bullet. Faction/server transferred from dead old Suramar Alliance PvE to Mal'ganis Horde PvP. .

I played on Suramar from 2004-2008ish. Had a gnome rogue named Grendel there, it was a pretty good server back then.

My guild is what stopped me from leaving Suramar. Was in a guild called Cloak of Shadows back in the day and when people went their separate ways, I threw my DK on as GM (couldn't let it die completely) and my main joined a different guild. Good people; make me laugh. Yeah, the server isn't as busy as it once was but it's my home.

Nice to see people who played on there though. :)

Magnus

Wow. This place is nuts. Malganis horde that is. Good lord.

Hi Suramar folk!

So where is the NeoGAF guild these days, if there is one?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Not as bad as new warlock mechanics though.

Slow combo point generation especially with the nerf to divine insight. ES gone. There's a lot of ramp up for not a lot of reward. Orbs need another way to be generated other than Mind Blasts.

Fuck the new Destruction model. It's literally 80% casting incinerate while building up "embers" super slowly.

Rokam

Wow. This place is nuts. Malganis horde that is. Good lord.

Hi Suramar folk!

So where is the NeoGAF guild these days, if there is one?

Think they tried one on Area 52, there's actually quite a few of us horde side on Mal'Ganis. Taking a break from my characters there though currently.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Listening to old school WoW music and the bug is biting back. There was something relaxing about drinking a few beers late at night and starting a new character in Dun Morogh and Mulgore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

To me it seems more like only one of them is useful now.

Coolwhip

Banned
I saw a pvp stream yesterday, arena looks even more broken than it already is. Sometimes I wonder what they are doing at Blizzard HQ in that regard.

The Area 52 guild is still an infant and, like I predicted, was supported well for a few months. It's still viable and at level 6 currently. I think everyone there is going back to their raiding mains come MOP and no one is interested in playing WoW on those characters at the moment. I did, however, make some friends on Area 52. They were okay with me talking nonsense for 7 whole dungeons and didn't even blink. Good times.

I haven't touched my Mal'Ganis characters since my two raid groups went into hiatus/implosion mode back when Triablos came out. I can't even think as to which character I'd want to fuck around with there.

I've been messing around with a DK on Turalyon with Entropya's babby guild there. It's fun. I kill things.

Willectro

Banned
p5Dzo.png

I think the phishers have invaded Blizzard...

Ultratech

So, I've been doing the Outlands part of Loremaster all of today.

So painful...so painful.

Heh, I did that way back in BC (there also wasn't a good way to keep track of it too).

When I finally came back several months ago, turns out all I had left were like 4-5 quests in Terrokar. (I'm still pissed I lost my Eyepatch from Blade's Edge.)

Did some Eastern Plaguelands quests last night (mostly Fiona's Caravan since I wanted to max out Argent Dawn rep). That was some pretty cool stuff.
Too bad it temporarily broke my Camera, making it to where it was stuck zoomed out at max distance.

Top Bottom