• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Dunlop

A character boosted to level 80, plus a free server and faction change to the character and faction the invite was sent from. The character doesn't have to be preexisting and you can roll one and then use the scroll after you're awarded your free gametime.

thanks as I wasn't really going to play anyways I'll wait until I'm bored of GW2, MoP is out and by then I imaging they will bump you to 85

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Bit the bullet. Faction/server transferred from dead old Suramar Alliance PvE to Mal'ganis Horde PvP. It's going to be like a whole different game, from community, to faction, to server type, to population, to activity level.

Orgrimmar is a fucking maze to me. Seven years and I've just played Alliance really. Guide to surviving my first trip into serious Horde territory!

My reasons were twofold; old WoW friends returning to play, but on Mal'ganis, and second, goddamn, I love how intensely active the Trade and General channels are on Mal'ganis. PUGs and chat are always happening. Suramar isn't truly terrible, but it's very quiet by comparison.

I hope this transfer goes through within the hour.

I transferred from a crappy PVE server that did nothing to Tich Alliance. There are people running all kinds of stuff all the time. Huge difference and makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Tarazet

Damn they must have nerfed them hard in the past 2 weeks, guy from Method says they were doing insane dps in their raids.

Here's the latest sim for all classes for those wondering http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html, lol at frost being above all other mage specs.

I was taken aback by that Balance Druid, but then I noticed he spent 42 seconds casting Healing Touch. Yes, you're going to be at the bottom if you're off-healing..

Willectro

Banned
Also:
Dd1kc.png

IsayFever

The Area 52 guild is still an infant and, like I predicted, was supported well for a few months. It's still viable and at level 6 currently. I think everyone there is going back to their raiding mains come MOP and no one is interested in playing WoW on those characters at the moment. I did, however, make some friends on Area 52. They were okay with me talking nonsense for 7 whole dungeons and didn't even blink. Good times.

I haven't touched my Mal'Ganis characters since my two raid groups went into hiatus/implosion mode back when Triablos came out. I can't even think as to which character I'd want to fuck around with there.

I've been messing around with a DK on Turalyon with Entropya's babby guild there. It's fun. I kill things.

You're on turalyon?

Dresden

I was taken aback by that Balance Druid, but then I noticed he spent 42 seconds casting Healing Touch. Yes, you're going to be at the bottom if you're off-healing..

unless things have changed, it's because dream of cenarius is a dps boost...

sims are incredibly unreliable right now due to the inherent unreliability of sims + constant shifting numbers anywas.

To me it seems more like only one of them is useful now.
it's all pretty bad and one more of Blizz's dumb decisions which they've refused to reconsider. So arms warriors get shafted, warlocks got boned, shadow priests are crying, and shaman are worse. Fun.
I saw a pvp stream yesterday, arena looks even more broken than it already is. Sometimes I wonder what they are doing at Blizzard HQ in that regard.
i don't know why anyone even tries to pvp competitively anymore in WoW. rife with so many issues and this new expansion is going to break it again.

i'll be enjoying ganking nubs in the field during my one month play, that's about it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
They didn't release a new version of the mobile auth right? They said they would, but it wound up being change the serial 10 days later? lol?

I have like 45 un-updated apps because of space limitation.

Berordn

They didn't release a new version of the mobile auth right? They said they would, but it wound up being change the serial 10 days later? lol?

I have like 45 un-updated apps because of space limitation.

I guess after investigating the breech they're not concerned enough about the number generation to see the need to change anything but the individual serial numbers.

Rokam

Well finishing up tailoring in Northrend pretty quickly..however I think I'll be spending the entire night still farming frostweave for enchanting. Thank god I have an assload of Cata enchanting mats & embersilk waiting for me.

Dresden

So I got on the ptr and fooled around with a paladin for about an hour, and after healing for the last time in Lich King, holy paladins feel like they have come a long, long way. Feels great, with almost no need to cast. Clemency means I can toss out two Freedoms, etc.

And the damage isn't high but I can probably do dailies and gank people as a holy paladin... I think I might go paladin again for the first time in years. Decisions, decisions.

Cipherr

Every single person with Loremaster in the two classic lands is a lunatic. Ive played since day 1 and Im nowhere near it on even my day 1 character (Hunter). I dont know how folks could endure that.

Krogan

Every single person with Loremaster in the two classic lands is a lunatic. Ive played since day 1 and Im nowhere near it on even my day 1 character (Hunter). I dont know how folks could endure that.

It's not that bad with quest achievements per zone.

zugzug

Not gonna lie from a tough as nails MMO player

Allowing the Black Scarab Lord Mount and titles to be account wide is a joke.

I would be fine if it were the originals but those glitched servers and the Boren Tundra servers that were opened in WOTLK allowing another 10 or so and the Latin servers Drakkari I was on had 5 people specifically transfer there to get it. I was foiled by kenkara specifically plotted to make sure i could not complete quest on that server with the guild.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I would be fine if it were the originals but those glitched servers and the Boren Tundra servers that were opened in WOTLK allowing another 10 or so and the Latin servers Drakkari I was on had 5 people specifically transfer there to get it. I was foiled by kenkara specifically plotted to make sure i could not complete quest on that server with the guild.
If your guild found you not worthy of getting something, so? That's what guilds do all the time with gear and legendaries.

Ultratech

I was looking at it yesterday and was wondering how bad the zones would be.
Eastern Kingdoms doesn't seem so bad zone-wise, but I think there's more zones over there than Kalimdor. Conversely, Kalimdor seems to have more quests per zone.
Though if you got Loremaster before Cata...then I'd salute you for having the patience to put up with that.

Interestingly enough, I just hit 3000 Quests Completed. Annoyingly, this probably counted a some of the old world quests I did pre-Cata.

Mount I'd be ok with. The title...probably not.
But I suppose both do go hand-in-hand...

TheYanger

It had nothing to do with anything like you're saying. It was a prestigious accomplishment that lost all meaning and then catered to assholes during all of the BC era. I wouldn't be 'angry' personally but it's childish to say nobody could be.

BC and early Wrath. I was on Borean Tundra as my main server when that was going on (pretty early in my WoW career).

Lots of drama.

Though I am glad I did see the event (not the actual opening since that happened at 6 a.m. or something like that), but the War Effort part was still really neat.

Rokam

Gave ours to a guy who quit the game shortly after, if only guild achievements existed back then. Oh well he did a majority of the farming via dualboxing while we were doing the easier raids.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
1 person can't screw you over. The whole guild is working together. People must have done something to cause bridges to burn to be denied the ability to hit the gong late in the chain or they spent their time with a bunch of like-minded assholes that controlled the guild. But that's life, you have to know how to see through two-faced people when you're dedicating your life doing something with them. You're not guaranteed anything. Guilds are still about politics when choosing who to give legendaries to.

It sucks when you give it to an asshole that quits the guild or quits the game, but it is what it is.

There's a lot of reason to be angry, cause you dedicate time and sweat.

But being screwed over has nothing to do with the people who got it and wanting to display it on whatever toon they want. Why should they be forced to ride it on a class they may hate?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Eh, it's funny seeing you guys talk about Borean Tundra. I have some friends there and Horde on that server is pretty much dead as can be.

I always thought our mid-pop server was bad but theirs is extra low-pop.

Eh, it's funny seeing you knows talk about Borean Tundra. I have some friends there and Horde on that server is pretty much dead as can be.

It wasn't always that way, but it declined pretty sharply at a point, and there was definitely reason to get off (no reason at all going or starting there now.)

My 80 hunter is stranded there, but I transferred two other characters off. After discovering other classes, I never really liked hunters as much.

Current server isn't that great either (though by no means as bad as BT), which is why I'll be transferring at least one, if not 2+ at the start of MoP here (depending on finances at the time) to (probably) Mal'Ganis.

Tarazet

So I got on the ptr and fooled around with a paladin for about an hour, and after healing for the last time in Lich King, holy paladins feel like they have come a long, long way. Feels great, with almost no need to cast. Clemency means I can toss out two Freedoms, etc.

And the damage isn't high but I can probably do dailies and gank people as a holy paladin... I think I might go paladin again for the first time in years. Decisions, decisions.

I've been playing a Prot Paladin after getting my Moonkin to 85. Leveling with my friend on a Rogue in dungeons with Refer-A-Friend bonus and getting 3-4 levels per run.. I went from 19-43 in one day. Loving the class too.

Eh, it's funny seeing you guys talk about Borean Tundra. I have some friends there and Horde on that server is pretty much dead as can be.

I still have an 80 Orc Hunter over there. It was a great server back then when the AQ gates were still closed. A bunch of transfers trying to make all of us on the server stop until they were able to get their character over. If I remember the AQ gates were opened a day or two before transfers were open for everybody. The rage on the server forum was great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It had nothing to do with anything like you're saying. It was a prestigious accomplishment that lost all meaning and then catered to assholes during all of the BC era. I wouldn't be 'angry' personally but it's childish to say nobody could be.

My thought is that it would be just as messed up to not let the people who legitimately earned use it. There isn't any way to distinguish between people who screwed others out of it or got it late, but them's the breaks.

Rokam

Joined an LFR, 5 other mages besides me, and over half the raid was the same token I'm on. Don't think I've ever dropped group so fast. That's the first time I've ever seen more than 1 other mage in a LFR.

Berordn

Joined an LFR, 5 other mages besides me, and over half the raid was the same token I'm on. Don't think I've ever dropped group so fast. That's the first time I've ever seen more than 1 other mage in a LFR.

What, really? I'm usually lucky if there's less than 10 rolling on Vanquisher on my mage.

Thankfully he's done with that mess forever, but... only 1 other? Unfair.

I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon herbing between battlegrounds while watching a couple of movies. Is it just my battle group, or does Alliance always faceroll Horde on Isle of Conquest? I had some nice 1v1 battles for flags and had a blast both defending and attacking. I went 15/15. We never came close to losing to my knowledge.

Also, twice I was in a group against a Horde character 5 boxing a pallie and 4 DKs. It honestly should not be allowed in a PvP setting. It's straight up bullshit fighting against that.

Ultratech

I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon herbing between battlegrounds while watching a couple of movies. Is it just my battle group, or does Alliance always faceroll Horde on Isle of Conquest? I had some nice 1v1 battles for flags and had a blast both defending and attacking. I went 15/15. We never came close to losing to my knowledge.

Also, twice I was in a group against a Horde character 5 boxing a pallie and 4 DKs. It honestly should not be allowed in a PvP setting. It's straight up bullshit fighting against that.

Yeah, we had to deal with an Alli multi-boxing 4 Shaman in AV one day. Not fun to deal with...

I hate my Battlegroup in general because they just suck awful, with Alli facerolling us most of the time.
Also, it's DAMN hard to win TB on my server since they get in there so quickly and treat that shit like serious business (full buffs, flasks, etc.). Almost always outnumbered.

Krogan

Yeah, we had to deal with an Alli multi-boxing 4 Shaman in AV one day. Not fun to deal with...

I hate my Battlegroup in general because they just suck awful, with Alli facerolling us most of the time.
Also, it's DAMN hard to win TB on my server since they get in there so quickly and treat that shit like serious business (full buffs, flasks, etc.). Almost always outnumbered.
Don't they only let in an even amount on both sides?

Wonder how many new people stop playing once they start doing these terrible quests.

I got through most of Loremaster in like March '11, but once I got to Outlands, I sat on it for about 5 months. Loremaster of Outland was the most tedious fucking achievement I've done.

IsayFever

So I guess I'm the guildmaster now of an 8/8 heroic guild ?_?

Such is life I suppose. If any gaffer needs a home for mists or just wants to hang out feel free to add my battletag opiate#1171

ampere

So I guess I'm the guildmaster now of an 8/8 heroic guild ?_?

Such is life I suppose. If any gaffer needs a home for mists or just wants to hang out feel free to add my battletag opiate#1171

hah, what happened, gm quit?

our raid leader went into 'i don't care about this game, wow is stupid blah blah' mode and I became de-facto raid leader this tier, sounds like a similar situation

Entropia

No One Remembers
hah, what happened, gm quit?

our raid leader went into 'i don't care about this game, wow is stupid blah blah' mode and I became de-facto raid leader this tier, sounds like a similar situation

We were apart of a guild that had 2 raid teams. The other team kinda quit. The GM and like half that raid were officers.

Our raid team has 1 officer. He's busy with work and real life in general so he couldn't be on all the time to do things... we asked for some promotions from the GM and they never gave us a good answer or responded timely.

So we ended up buying a guild on another server.

(@Keeblerdrow: I disbanded the guild we were in this morning, but we should have the new one tonight!)

And that's Horde or Alliance?

We're Horde.

aesop

Finally managed to grind out 525 (from lvl 20) cooking this weekend and I'm already seeing some profits from it. Woo. Really isn't that bad of a grind if you fish all your mats.

Top Bottom