• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Tamanon

Banned
Fishing is the ultimate "Chillin' while watching TV" profession to learn, turn off all sounds but your normal sound effects, and just look away until you hear the splash. Then reset and continue.

We were apart of a guild that had 2 raid teams. The other team kinda quit. The GM and like half that raid were officers.

Our raid team has 1 officer. He's busy with work and real life in general so he couldn't be on all the time to do things... we asked for some promotions from the GM and they never gave us a good answer or responded timely.

So we ended up buying a guild on another server.

We're Horde.

So you and IsayFever were/are in the same guild? Didn't know that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
There's some really annoying quests in Zul'Drak.

ihHpccjq2xgf3.png

Now to work on Eastern Kingdoms.

Einchy

Borean Tundra, Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord are such amazing zones. I've RP walked through Grizzly Hills just because it's that beautiful.

Einchy

My runs take extra long since I wait for my extra rep banner thing to go off CD. What I've found saves me a lot of time is if I try and kite multiple bosses together, but that goes horribly wrong quite often.

My runs take extra long since I wait for my extra rep banner thing to go off CD. What I've found saves me a lot of time is if I try and kite multiple bosses together, but that goes horribly wrong quite often.

Still probably worth it. The rep for that is definitely one of the slowest in the game. I think I was somewhere in revered when I left off - I'll have to work on it again when I come back. Still looking for Bindings or the Eye as well.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Still probably worth it. The rep for that is definitely one of the slowest in the game. I think I was somewhere in revered when I left off - I'll have to work on it again when I come back. Still looking for Bindings or the Eye as well.

Apparently I'm Revered with Hydraxian. It seems daunting to bother to try and get exalted with them at this point.

aesop

Well, looks like I got affected by the Blizzard hack. Got an email from Google saying the following:

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account, xxxx@gmail.com. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Monday, August 20, 2012 9:42:03 AM GMT
IP Address: 140.224.94.73

Good thing my password wasn't easy.

Ultratech

There's some really annoying quests in Zul'Drak.

Now to work on Eastern Kingdoms.

Grats on Northrend!

I should try and do more of it. If I had to guess, I probably have like 1/4 of Northrend done right now.
I have Borean Tunrda more or less done, and done most of Icecrown and Sholazar Basin.

Yeah, we had to deal with an Alli multi-boxing 4 Shaman in AV one day. Not fun to deal with...

I hate my Battlegroup in general because they just suck awful, with Alli facerolling us most of the time.
Also, it's DAMN hard to win TB on my server since they get in there so quickly and treat that shit like serious business (full buffs, flasks, etc.). Almost always outnumbered.

4 Shaman at once? That seems difficult! I am also guilty of flasking up, fully buffing, and throwing down feasts in BGs. I've had too many fights that seemed to have come down to just a couple of HPs not to! It's the same reason that Warlock soulstones are so important.

Also, after playing my feral druid since release I feel completely exposed and vulnerable on my shaman and priest alts. I just can't get used to it.

I've seen Shaman multi-boxers before in BGs. Scary sight. Always Ele Shaman, and you'll pretty much get one shot by the wombo-combo of Fireshock + Lava Bolt. If that doesn't get you, multiple Lightning Bolts + Chain Lightning will.

ampere

We were apart of a guild that had 2 raid teams. The other team kinda quit. The GM and like half that raid were officers.

Our raid team has 1 officer. He's busy with work and real life in general so he couldn't be on all the time to do things... we asked for some promotions from the GM and they never gave us a good answer or responded timely.

So we ended up buying a guild on another server.

(@Keeblerdrow: I disbanded the guild we were in this morning, but we should have the new one tonight!)

We're Horde.
Aw dang, I had a BE pally on Turalyon a while back but I transferred it off

TheYanger

My thought is that it would be just as messed up to not let the people who legitimately earned use it. There isn't any way to distinguish between people who screwed others out of it or got it late, but them's the breaks.

Oh I agree, I don't sweat it. I'd love to have it myself, but at the same time I don't consider it a particularly prestigious thing when I see it (Even if you have it legit from 7 years ago, it was something 1 person got representing an entire server, so BASICALLY might as well have been like winning the lottery - not a skill). I was on the first server to open AQ at the time, we worked our ASSES off, we didn't have time to farm up thousands of extra silithid carapaces for every guild to get a champion (nor did people know that you could even ring the gong infinite times for the first 12 hours and get more mounts, since nobody had done it yet), but I still know plenty well that we were first and we put in a lot of shit for that gate. I recognize that 99.99% of people who did that still don't have a mount or title, so to me they're COOL mounts and titles, but not prestigious ones.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gonna try and grind out my druid to 85 this week and next for my 10th 85. The weird thing is that I don't even play that much; Cataclysm dropped while I was in law school and I didn't raid much if at all during the expansion.

ampere

Gonna try and grind out my druid to 85 this week and next for my 10th 85. The weird thing is that I don't even play that much; Cataclysm dropped while I was in law school and I didn't raid much if at all during the expansion.

It seemed to be a lot faster to level in Cata than previous expacs. I had a lot of fun making new alts at low levels but doing 80-85 over and over was not so great.

Still wish they would give us 5 or so more character slots per server! I have no free slots left but I like making new characters. The 11th slot we'll get is reserved for my new monk.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It seemed to be a lot faster to level in Cata than previous expacs. I had a lot of fun making new alts at low levels but doing 80-85 over and over was not so great.

Still wish they would give us 5 or so more character slots per server! I have no free slots left but I like making new characters. The 11th slot we'll get is reserved for my new monk.

Technically I already have 10 since I have 2 shaman at 85, although my other one is on Kel'Thuzad. The most "recent" 85 was just because I got a "free" 80 from using Scroll on myself.

ampere

Technically I already have 10 since I have 2 shaman at 85, although my other one is on Kel'Thuzad. The most "recent" 85 was just because I got a "free" 80 from using Scroll on myself.

I've leveled a few characters on random other servers, but I'm somewhat holding out for a possible way to send heirlooms cross realm without paying Blizzard

Might never happen, but damn it would be great.

Angry Grimace

Too hardcore for me o.o I only have 5 85s and I can't find time to play more than 1

I rarely do anything on any characters other than my DK and Paladin. I do a lot of soloing and mount farming recently and obviously using a DK makes that about ten times better.

I definitely don't think it's possible to really play more than two characters seriously (progression-wise) at a time. Way too much time and stress trying to max out more than that.

Managing a stable of profession alts is a different story, however. Though it does feel bad to log in to them and still be in half quest gear after getting off your raid-minted main.

Angry Grimace

I definitely don't think it's possible to really play more than two characters seriously (progression-wise) at a time. Way too much time and stress trying to max out more than that.

Managing a stable of profession alts is a different story, however. Though it does feel bad to log in to them and still be in half quest gear after getting off your raid-minted main.
I usually will level one up to max level, play with them in LFR for a few weeks and then get bored and go back to my DK.

Ultratech

Yeah, I been leveling my DK though the 80-85 zones, and it's not too fun given I did it a few months ago on my Hunter. (Then again, I went for Loremaster of Cata with him...)

Debating on what I should level up next though. Tempted to mess with my OLD Druid. (Old as in not played him in years.)

That or level up a Mage so I can get a nice Enchanting/Tailoring combo going and I can do something with all this damn cloth, since it's selling for crap in the AH.

Currency Conversion Before and After Mists of Pandaria

The currency conversion coming with Mists of Pandaria is going to happen in three stages, and this is how we plan for it to progress:

With Patch 5.0.4 on August 28

• Valor points will be converted to Justice points, and Conquest points will be converted to Honor points.
  • Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) will have an enforced hard-cap at this time.
  • The current Arena season will end.
  • Players will no longer be able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses will drop Justice, Arenas will be closed).
  • Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest will be available for Justice/Honor.
With Mists of Pandaria on September 25

• Valor can be earned again.
  • Characters can earn up to 1000 Valor per week, and carry a maximum of 3000 Valor.
  • Daily quests, random Scenarios, random Heroic dungeons, and all levels of raiding will reward Valor.
  • Valor will be used to purchase ilvl 489 gear in Mists of Pandaria.
  • The Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan, and August Celestials factions will sell this gear.
  • Revered reputation with each faction will be required.
  • Conquest will become earnable.
  • There is a cap of 4000 Conquest points.
  • Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds reward Conquest.
  • It will be used to purchase ilvl 483 gear from Pandaren battlemasters on the Great Wall.
With Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.1

• We currently plan to upgrade the Valor system as Ghostcrawler described in Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained in the 5.1 patch, allowing you to upgrade your gear using Valor points. We’ll have additional information once Mists of Pandaria launches and we get closer to the 5.1 patch release.

Sarcasm

I played MoP beta and it is fun but I have ran out of my sub (a month ago) and pro won't buy.

When am I able to use a scroll sent to me?

I played MoP beta and it is fun but I have ran out of my sub (a month ago) and pro won't buy.

When am I able to use a scroll sent to me?
You won't be able to.

Scroll of Resurrection FAQ

Who can receive a Scroll of Resurrection?

To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft account, and their account must have been inactive (without an active subscription) on or before March 4th, 2012.

If your friend’s World of Warcraft license was inactive before December 2009, your friend must first link their World of Warcraft license with a Battle.net account before they can receive a Scroll of Resurrection. Review our Battle.net Account FAQ for information on creating a Battle.net account and merging a WoW license.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Until they retire this promotion (which was originally said to be 90 days but it's approaching 180 because of MOP and success I suppose) you can't.

Jube3

Does anyone have a scroll of resurrection they could send me? Looking to play around a bit and a free 80 would be awesome to play with.

Rokam

In the patch next week valor/conquest will be converted to justice/honor points and there won't be a cap on justice points anymore. You won't be able to start earning valor or conquest points till cataclysm. You can buy all the valor gear with justice in 5.0

In MoP valor gear will come from rep vendors that require you to be revered. Bunch of shit gives valor as a reward in MoP. And in 5.1 you'll be upgrade the ilvl of your gear with valor.

Top Bottom