• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Berordn

Well, that blows. I was hoping to get some gold out of the deal. Oh well, guess I'll get a couple more sets of heirlooms.

If you're willing to sit on all that extra justice, it'll be converted to gold above the cap once the expansion launches. Caps are reinstated on September 25th.

aesop

If you're willing to sit on all that extra justice, it'll be converted to gold above the cap once the expansion launches. Caps are reinstated on September 25th.

Is there a rate listed anywhere? If it's anything like the terrible honor point conversion to 35c per point, I'll just spend it.

strafer

This changes everything.
With the advent of area looting (AoE looting), it has become difficult for addons to determine what creature dropped which item. In order to help authors with determining creature drops, we have added a function that will return the creature GUID, along with the count, for any item in your loot window.

GetLootSourceInfo(slot) - will return a list of creature GUIDs and count.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This changes everything.

So if I have the WoWhead looter on:
I kill 3 different mobs.
I Loot all three at once and get at total of 1.5 gold, 4 embersilk and a tattered cloth
That new function will return
Mob 1 dropped 50 silver, 2 embersilk
Mob 2 dropped 50 silver, 2 embersilk
Mob 3 dropped 50 silver, 1 tattered cloth

?

Tamanon

Banned
So if I have the WoWhead looter on:
I kill 3 different mobs.
I Loot all three at once and get at total of 1.5 gold, 4 embersilk and a tattered cloth
That new function will return
Mob 1 dropped 50 silver, 2 embersilk
Mob 2 dropped 50 silver, 2 embersilk
Mob 3 dropped 50 silver, 1 tattered cloth

?

Basically, otherwise it would be a bit hellish on something like Wowhead.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Having to grind rep to spend Valor is shitty...

I agree. I thought the point of removing helm and shoulder enchants from rep vendors was to make reputation grinds optional. (Well, I guess they are still optional, but you get the point).

Eh, I'm okay with it. The gear is spread across multiple vendors.

With the head/shoulder enchants you felt forced to have to grind those reputations first.

The way that it is going to be, you can grind whichever rep you want to get gear from first.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, since there aren't tabards, I guess it's just their way of gating the gear so to speak by making you quest for rep(and eventually daily).

So I resubbed after over a year not playing. Actually just a coincidence that MoP is coming soon...just felt like playing.

My server (Gurubashi) was DDEEEAAADDDDD. I transfered to Mal'gannis after seeing it's name mentioned here, wow what a zoo.

Any guilds you'd recommend for a casual player? (haven't raided much but would like to)

So I resubbed after over a year not playing. Actually just a coincidence that MoP is coming soon...just felt like playing.

My server (Gurubashi) was DDEEEAAADDDDD. I transfered to Mal'gannis after seeing it's name mentioned here, wow what a zoo.

Any guilds you'd recommend for a casual player? (haven't raided much but would like to)

There's a ton of guilds on MG. Just do a guild search in the guild finder. Something might pop up that you're looking for. Honestly, on a server that large it's hard to know many guilds that aren't doing server first kind of stuff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait, they removed the rep tabards?

You're not really rep grinding with those tabards anyways. I haven't done it on beta, but I have my doubts they brought it back to ball-busting vanilla rep grinds.

I wrapped that up in Wrath sometime I believe. Not as bad as Vanilla/BC era, but still grindy (much more so than the Cataclysm version).

I dunno what's wrong with me, but I love filling them bars. Already "The Exalted", but I'll be looking to get all the new MoP reps fairly quick, as well as wrap up at least some of the easier ones I only have partially completed for the new achievements.

Grinding Timbermaw rep was... interesting. Basically you had to hold onto ALL of your feathers/headdresses until after killing them no longer gave rep. I was farming them the other day with a high level character for Mageweave and it STILL took forever to get decent rep with them. I'm glad I never decided to stick it out to exalted back in vanilla.

Ultratech

Wonder if I should spend my Valor Points now or after the Pre-Patch...decisions, decisions...

Hundreds of thousands of Furbolg lay slain by my hand pre cata

I remember having to grind those guys just so I could get through their tunnel... I shudder to think how bad it would've been to actually grind them for their stuff.

I hear it's pretty easy to get Exalted with 'em these days, though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Does the original PvP gear transmog set work account wide if you have the achivement?

It's almost depressing if it does. I have a level 60 rogue on some random realm with Knight-Lieutenant (but you need Knight-Captain) :(

IsayFever

Does the original PvP gear transmog set work account wide if you have the achivement?

It's almost depressing if it does. I have a level 60 rogue on some random realm with Knight-Lieutenant (but you need Knight-Captain) :(

Nope the feats of strength for pvp remain with the character, not the account

Enosh

Wait, they removed the rep tabards?
yep
a solution I think they could do is to make the rep tabards BoA

in related news, getting Crusader is such a long damn grind -.- currently one day from finishing my second faction (well need to get them to exalted too)
good thing i found by sheer dumb luck that some vendors in Dalaran sells Argent Crusade tokens for 520 rep for 16 JP, so that's one less faction having to grind, don't think the champion dailies alone would have gotten me to exalted

also, a bit showing off, finally finished the transmog sets on both my characters ^^
nothing terribly special, but I like the look
DK:
http://shrani.si/f/2U/sO/2dbfF3Jx/wowscrnshot082112183241.jpg
Pala:
http://shrani.si/f/8/kM/aO4ZNHO/1/wowscrnshot081612142125.jpg

edit: who's a lucky guy?
<-this guy
think about 50, give or take, kills to get it

IsayFever

So oddly enough I still needed the twilight drake from os25 3d so I joined a pug and won it. So that's something, also new transmorg

xxHdS.jpg

Dresden

Shaman (Forums)
Stormblast Hurl a staggering lightning blast at an enemy, dealing Nature damage equal to 375% weapon damage and granting you an additional 25% chance to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock spells for 15 sec.

Enhancement
Lava Lash You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 250% of that weapon's damage to an enemy target and spreading your Flame Shock from the target to up to four enemies within 12 yards.
Stormstrike Instantly strike an enemy with both weapons, dealing 375% weapon damage and granting you an additional 25% chance to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock spells for 15 sec.
me gusta

yep
a solution I think they could do is to make the rep tabards BoA

in related news, getting Crusader is such a long damn grind -.- currently one day from finishing my second faction (well need to get them to exalted too)
good thing i found by sheer dumb luck that some vendors in Dalaran sells Argent Crusade tokens for 520 rep for 16 JP, so that's one less faction having to grind, don't think the champion dailies alone would have gotten me to exalted

also, a bit showing off, finally finished the transmog sets on both my characters ^^
nothing terribly special, but I like the look
DK:
http://shrani.si/f/2U/sO/2dbfF3Jx/wowscrnshot082112183241.jpg
Pala:
http://shrani.si/f/8/kM/aO4ZNHO/1/wowscrnshot081612142125.jpg

edit: who's a lucky guy?
<-this guy
think about 50, give or take, kills to get it

I want that hammer your pally has. SO BAD.

Angry Grimace

Lol. Are the guardian cubs still popular? I remember when those were released they were selling for a lot of gold. Seemed to die down after a couple weeks

Granted, the female Draenei isn't helping either. Then again, I have Female Dreanei characters too because Draenei have better animations than vanilla races, Worgen look riduclous and male draenei are all bodybuilders.

Top Bottom