• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Does anyone know if Blizzard has said what level MoP professions will require, 80 vs 85? I've got 80 in my head for some reason, but after searching around I couldn't find anything confirming that was true.

So after like a year of being WoW free my epic guild asked if I wanted to raid with them in Heroic FoD and SoW tonight...they gave me a few pieces but I think I'm making a big mistake here
KuGsj.gif

Rokam

Finally got around to crafting Felsteel Longblade to finish off my transmog set, didn't realize they'd go on my back... Bonus! Though I may start looking for a helmet that doesn't look ridiculous.

ampere

Need something to do in wow :( So bored lately

Do what I did and buy Battle Chest and Wotlk for $5 each and do RAF dual boxing. Pretty amusing doing it with 2 prot paladins and it will make leveling a monk easier next month with the level granting up to 80. 1 random dungeon gets me like 4 levels

Grand Master is 65, Illustrious Grand Master requires level 75 and Zen Grand Master requires 85.

4qQ0b.png

Just checked on beta, so unless they announced a change it looks like it is 80

ampere

Have an 80 alt -> do Herald with me?!?

My advice for this since I did it a few months ago (though it might not be the case with the 5.0 changes on Tuesday so YMMV I guess):

Disc priests are incredibly overpowered at 80 with int gems and mastery reforges. Two of them spamming Prayer of Healing and keeping PW: Shield up on the whole raid is easy and very effective.

Feral tanks are probably the best, it's spikey like Wrath tank damage so with a Feral (with LW stam enchants and stam gems) you have higher armor and health to help out with it. Our Prot Paladin was much much squishier, he only tanked during the phase out times of the other tank and it was a pain to heal him.

Arcane Mage, Combat Rogue and Frost DK dps is insane. The first two being 1 button dps specs as well.

For big bangs it works well to have the tank save their cooldowns for it, or a Pain Sup/Guardian Spirit from a healer

Entropia

No One Remembers
My advice for this since I did it a few months ago (though it might not be the case with the 5.0 changes on Tuesday so YMMV I guess):

Disc priests are incredibly overpowered at 80 with int gems and mastery reforges. Two of them spamming Prayer of Healing and keeping PW: Shield up on the whole raid is easy and very effective.

Feral tanks are probably the best, it's spikey like Wrath tank damage so with a Feral (with LW stam enchants and stam gems) you have higher armor and health to help out with it. Our Prot Paladin was much much squishier, he only tanked during the phase out times of the other tank and it was a pain to heal him.

Arcane Mage, Combat Rogue and Frost DK dps is insane. The first two being 1 button dps specs as well.

For big bangs it works well to have the tank save their cooldowns for it, or a Pain Sup/Guardian Spirit from a healer

I have an 80 druid that's ready to go, just a matter of getting a few pieces of gear and then doing the run: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Entqt/advanced

It's Resto/Balance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Zen Grand Master is only 80 req according to the spell data. too busy raf'ing to log in and verify.

I picked the first two on personal experience and the last off of Wowpedia, so I agree that it could be wrong - a different article does in fact state it is 80, so I agree that is probably correct.

Chris R

Do what I did and buy Battle Chest and Wotlk for $5 each and do RAF dual boxing. Pretty amusing doing it with 2 prot paladins and it will make leveling a monk easier next month with the level granting up to 80. 1 random dungeon gets me like 4 levels

This sounds tempting... So you RAF up to 80? How long does it take? Any good guides (do I need to use two computers or can a single computer just run two instances of the game?)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This sounds tempting... So you RAF up to 80? How long does it take? Any good guides (do I need to use two computers or can a single computer just run two instances of the game?)

A good computer can easily run two instances of the game. You need some kind of program to legitimately double box, though.

Just remember that if you're attempting to do this in order to level a Monk, you don't actually need 80 levels to grant, you need 70 since you can't access Pandaren under level 10 since they can't choose a faction until they leave Wandering Isle.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
A good computer can easily run two instances of the game. You need some kind of program to legitimately double box, though.

Just remember that if you're attempting to do this in order to level a Monk, you don't actually need 80 levels to grant, you need 70 since you can't access Pandaren under level 10 since they can't choose a faction until they leave Wandering Isle.

Well, unless he's making a non-panda monk.

Chris R

How long does it take for a new account to be marked as a non-"Starter Account" :( Can't send messages or anything right now, even though I bought battle chest and wotlk.

Going to be fun dual boxing I think... :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I honestly dont understand how someone could pick any race over panda based on their stupidly OP racials.

I'd rather play a character who has a model I enjoy looking at.

Chris R

What software are you using for dual boxing?

Measley

While Arcane Mages have an extremely simple spell rotation, I have to admit that dealing dat burst damage feels good man.

Yeah, I did enjoy toying with that spec. I think I got like a 80k Arcane Barrage.

Nothing beats getting sending out four lava bursts in a row as Elemental Shaman though. ;-)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I usually roll greed in LFR on my off spec gear. I've noticed after a few runs that pretty much anyone is rolling on anything. Should I just be rolling need on whatever I want?

ampere

What software are you using for dual boxing?

keyclone, it's pretty handy

my advice is to unbind strafe/turning keys on the 'follow' account and make macros that have /follow [@focus] after your abilities to keep the characters together, and be careful it copies all keyboard inputs on one character to the other so watch out while typing or deleting something

I'm doing 2 prot paladins right now, level 42 with 7 hours played (some idle time but mostly playing), dungeons give a ton of exp especially with heirlooms. My mail unlocked after about 24 hours

I honestly dont understand how someone could pick any race over panda based on their stupidly OP racials.
I love the Pandaren, but the competitive part of me wants to roll human and go for realm first. Not sure what I'll do yet

Rokam

Kind of a strange question, but is anyone on Mal'ganis in a raiding guild (level 25) with social slots for non-raiders, growing tired of the zerg guild I'm in. It's like being in trade chat, would like to join a guild that's active, but don't really have any interest in raiding.

TheYanger

Kind of a strange question, but is anyone on Mal'ganis in a raiding guild (level 25) with social slots for non-raiders, growing tired of the zerg guild I'm in. It's like being in trade chat, would like to join a guild that's active, but don't really have any interest in raiding.

We have a social rank in AM, not sure how active you're looking for. Most raiding guilds unless they do 800 sale runs a week like BL are pretty hit or miss for activity these days, since there's not a lot to do :/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
lol I'm a GM. Not really, logged in to take control over an inactive guild leader. All 10 core raiders haven't logged in from 4 months to a year. Just resetting the rank cycle to give them time for a possible MOP comeback. Made the 2nd rank for the old GM. They are all real life friends tho.

aesop

MMO Champion said:
On September 25, excess Honor over the cap will be converted at a rate of 35 silver per point, and excess Justice over the cap will be converted at a rate of 47 silver per point.

Conquest points will be converted to Honor Points with patch 5.0.4.

Well, guess I'm gonna be spending all those hoarded points on heirlooms for my monk. Staff or swords/maces for the weapon?

Chris R

keyclone, it's pretty handy

my advice is to unbind strafe/turning keys on the 'follow' account and make macros that have /follow [@focus] after your abilities to keep the characters together, and be careful it copies all keyboard inputs on one character to the other so watch out while typing or deleting something

I'm doing 2 prot paladins right now, level 42 with 7 hours played (some idle time but mostly playing), dungeons give a ton of exp especially with heirlooms. My mail unlocked after about 24 hours

Still getting the hang of it, but I'm getting there. Still need to tweak the program I'm using (HotKeyNet since it was free) to get ALL of my keys working, but then I should be good. Dinged 20 after a single run through RFC last night, was kinda silly.

Ultratech

Reading up on Hunter changes today...

Not too thrilled about having Expertise to manage now...or that our shots can be Dodged/Parried. (I understand why they kinda did that though.)

Also, it's gonna cause all kinds of hell next week, since we'll have to reforge quite a bit of stuff to hit the Expertise cap. (Since there was no need for it previously.) At least the Hit cap got lowered a little bit to compensate a little.

Still curious on how the other changes will work out, since a lot of 'em seem for the better.

Really liking the flexible pet specs and stuff. I knew you could choose their spec, but I didn't know you could freely choose between them any time.

Not too thrilled about having Expertise to manage now...or that our shots can be Dodged/Parried. (I understand why they kinda did that though.)

Also, it's gonna cause all kinds of hell next week, since we'll have to reforge quite a bit of stuff to hit the Expertise cap. (Since there was no need for it previously.) At least the Hit cap got lowered a little bit to compensate a little.

Still curious on how the other changes will work out, since a lot of 'em seem for the better.

Really liking the flexible pet specs and stuff. I knew you could choose their spec, but I didn't know you could freely choose between them any time.

The growl thing cracks me up. I'm prepared to get yelled at for it without even having it on. However, for questing... it's gonna be magical. I always thought that's how growl should work anyways.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Lore from Tankspot was talking about this today on a show he does. I believe he said that Hunter's tier stats were being changed to help you guys get Expertise capped.

Rokam

We have a social rank in AM, not sure how active you're looking for. Most raiding guilds unless they do 800 sale runs a week like BL are pretty hit or miss for activity these days, since there's not a lot to do :/

I'm looking more towards MoP, as I realize a lot of guilds will be even more dead starting this weekend. I just want a guild where the chat isn't "I'm so drunk/high right now" or "anal w/e" Yes it is that bad :(. So yeah if there's a way I could get into the social rank in AM that'd be great.

Top Bottom