• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

ampere

A Prot Pally or Prot Warrior sort of amuses me - though I have an 81 Warrior and an 85 Prot Pally on another server.

I am debating Hunters as a possibility.

For now I'm only doing it to have level grants for my monk, I actually have an 85 paladin already :p They are so fun to level

Entropia

No One Remembers
Okay how did I miss that mana pools are capped in Mists? That seems like a drastic change, though not one that is necessarily good or bad either way.

Yeah, they are capped at 100,000. Intellect only increases spell power and crit.

Spirit becomes much more valuable at lower tier levels as a result.

Berordn

Okay how did I miss that mana pools are capped in Mists? That seems like a drastic change, though not one that is necessarily good or bad either way.

It doesn't really change much mechanically, it lets them ensure that mana remains a limited resource in the future without having to do crazy things to base mana or combat values.

mileS

I just put in a ticket stating that the character with the name I wanted hadn't logged in since the new armory went up if not longer and was wondering if they could free up the name. Response was that they have a checklist of sorts to go through before they can free up the name (like someone said earlier) and it was eligible to be picked up. Just check the armory and make sure that the character hasn't been touched in quite some time, usually their armory page won't actually show.

Thanks. :)

Rokam

So I've started running Northrend heroics everyday (other than Oculus & the newer ones) Amazing how much gold I get doing them. Think I made about 2k in vendor trash alone. Nearly knocked out all the achievements as well except for Less-Rabi (which is soloable but my timing is bad), Share the love, Zombiefest, and the Oculus achievements.

Krogan

How does Amazon handle MMO releases? Like if I order MoP from them and pick the fastest available shipping will I get it before or after the midnight launch?

ampere

How does Amazon handle MMO releases? Like if I order MoP from them and pick the fastest available shipping will I get it before or after the midnight launch?

Probably after, if you really want to have the game at 12am midnight PDT on the 25th the easiest way is to order the digital version

So I've started running Northrend heroics everyday (other than Oculus & the newer ones) Amazing how much gold I get doing them. Think I made about 2k in vendor trash alone. Nearly knocked out all the achievements as well except for Less-Rabi (which is soloable but my timing is bad), Share the love, Zombiefest, and the Oculus achievements.
Is this solo?

ampere

Level 80 in under 19 hours played, woo!

sura2.png

I think it took me like 12 days to get 1 - 70 in BC, crazy how RAF and heirlooms work.

Rokam

Is this solo?

Yeah I'm a frost Dk.

These oculus achievements are bullshit. Sure the drake scales with gear but hit % doesn't so even though I'm supposed to be able to solo I just get chain misses and die. Arg, they're the only ones I have left minus the violet hold.

Caved and got a group to do all amber drakes, too frustrating to try and solo these, so will be doing all ruby drakes tomorrow around 5:30 if anyone on Mal'Ganis wants achievements.

Touchdown

Banned
I get a hurricane on patch day! :') So probably no WoW for me Tuesday.

I have a feeling most likely many of us will not have wow for most of tuesday as goes every time a new patch drop it takes hours and hours for it to finally go live.

Can anyone answer this noob question, i was reading the mists forums about professions and I'm totally confused. XD With the new harmony nodes, is it true you can't lvl up blacksmithing or leatherworking without having mining or skinning respectively on the same toon? I'm lost lol. I have a main raiding toon that I have JC and LW on. I also have an alt that I used to lvl those professions and for profiting, skinning and mining. With MoP, should i change my main toon to LW and skinning or JC and mining instead of how I have it now? I'm lost haha.

Rokam

I have a feeling most likely many of us will not have wow for most of tuesday as goes every time a new patch drop it takes hours and hours for it to finally go live.

Can anyone answer this noob question, i was reading the mists forums about professions and I'm totally confused. XD With the new harmony nodes, is it true you can't lvl up blacksmithing or leatherworking without having mining or skinning respectively on the same toon? I'm lost lol. I have a main raiding toon that I have JC and LW on. I also have an alt that I used to lvl those professions and for profiting, skinning and mining. With MoP, should i change my main toon to LW and skinning or JC and mining instead of how I have it now? I'm lost haha.

Spirts of Harmony are world drops off mobs.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The intention is that Blizzard wants people to go out in the world, not just camp/snipe the AH.

So, yeah, while it "in theory" sucks, I like it. Also keep in mind it drops from EVERYTHING. I am sure you will get them at a steady, reasonable rate as you level up and level your professions. :)

Also, ended up dual-boxing mage. Just hit level 20, gonna dungeon queue from here on out! :D

Rokam

The intention is that Blizzard wants people to go out in the world, not just camp/snipe the AH.

So, yeah, while it "in theory" sucks, I like it. Also keep in mind it drops from EVERYTHING. I am sure you will get them at a steady, reasonable rate as you level up and level your professions. :)

Also, ended up dual-boxing mage. Just hit level 20, gonna dungeon queue from here on out! :D

I just want it account wide so I don't have to play my alts at all :p, and just use them for their professions.

Westlo

I just want it account wide so I don't have to play my alts at all :p, and just use them for their professions.

You'll have to play those crafting alts a bit... I think you need to be level 87 to get access to the zone that has vendors which can train you to craft plate/mail/leather/cloth pvp gear for instance...

Berordn

You'll have to play those crafting alts a bit... I think you need to be level 87 to get access to the zone that has vendors which can train you to craft plate/mail/leather/cloth pvp gear for instance...

You'll probably be able to use mage ports there at some point. The whole area is basically Dalaran all over again.

Axiom

I've been really enjoying the beta and think "Well if I'm going to come back, I may as well do something nice for someone else"

"To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft account, and their account must have been inactive (without an active subscription) on or before March 4th, 2012."

"GAME TIME
Expired: 12/3/2012"

DAMMIT BLIZZ!

I had a guy I used to Play EverQuest with suddenly decide he wanted to play WoW for the first time. We communicate regularly on our old server msg board so he went ahead and requested the recruit a friend option from me. Long story short, I'm getting the Obsidian Nightwing! Oh yeah, and another 30 days of free playtime but that is totally secondary lol.

Rokam

Man I haven't been keeping up with DKs in MoP. Didn't realize that DW Frost is dropping obliterate from its priority system once you're semi geared. Already use very few buttons :(.

Enosh

it's not dropping it, it's just that a masterfrost rotation will be better from the looks of it
obliterate is still used if both unholy runes are up, or one is up and the other has like 1-2s left iirc

can't say I'm a fan, I prefer the hastefrost playstyle, masterfrost is a bit too heavy on the HB spam

nope, from the single target sims atm
master frost>haste frost>2h frost

it gets even more lopsided on cleave fights in favor of masterfrost

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
it's not dropping it, it's just that a masterfrost rotation will be better from the looks of it
obliterate is still used if both unholy runes are up, or one is up and the other has like 1-2s left iirc

can't say I'm a fan, I prefer the hastefrost playstyle, masterfrost is a bit too heavy on the HB spam

I'm going back to Unholy for MOP, which will be an interesting change. I was pretty decent at Unholy in Cata, but I stopped playing it around 3.2.

I had a guy I used to Play EverQuest with suddenly decide he wanted to play WoW for the first time. We communicate regularly on our old server msg board so he went ahead and requested the recruit a friend option from me. Long story short, I'm getting the Obsidian Nightwing! Oh yeah, and another 30 days of free playtime but that is totally secondary lol.

Guildie last night saw one of those for the first time and was thinking of dual boxing just to get it. I thought it was really sweet but that would be my only choice as well seeing as most of my friends have either already dipped their toes in the pool or flat out rejected ever playing. Ah well.

Rokam

Well wait then I'm confused, if HB is more damage than Obliterate, and KM procs are for Frost Strike why would you bother using Obliterate at all? Or is it purely to get Rime procs? One more question, is masterfrost pulling way ahead in MoP or can I still do the typical haste dw build? I feel like I really should have been keeping up now, oops.

Nice to see the level 90 talents are still terrible, and they even removed the damage component on Remorseless Winter. Give me a damage boost cd, jerks.

I'm going back to Unholy for MOP, which will be an interesting change. I was pretty decent at Unholy in Cata, but I stopped playing it around 3.2.

Never actually played Unholy, perhaps I'll consider a change of scenery at least for the first tier.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
As we speak, I'm waiting for the rep banner to go off-CD so I get extra rep for Brood of Nozdormu.

I'm working on that one and Hydraxian of Waterlords.

[edit]

19,189/21,000

>:{

Note to self: Don't put down your rep banner during the first phase on Mr. Eye.

Top Bottom