• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Cipherr

The servers are so buckling right now. Theres like over 300 people in SW all packed around the AH and Bank on Stormrage. If you run around on a mount to quickly (for example, running laps around the little fountain outside the AH) every single person in the city disappears as if you had moved out of the area. They just fade away and its completely empty for like 5 seconds, then the game loads them all back in again. Hilarious.

Its hard to capture in images but I tried. (Excuse my low settings for a moment) Look about 15 feet ahead of this first image to the town square. It looks mostly vacant sans a guy on a mount:

vwv0O.jpg

But when I take 15 steps forward, everyone in that area is loaded in, and you can see that its packed:

Its doing this constantly too, all the people you can see in the first picture vanish when I move to the area in the second.

Edit: World server down now... lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just unbelievable how awesome this is. From the new glyphs, to the talent system, to the UI.

Enosh

Not seeing it, but maybe it's only on level 80+ toons because of the achievement? On my 44 priest atm.
iirc they said tittles will become available "when it makes sense" aka a lvl 1 new alt won't have destroyer's end etc

will dig up the post if need but most probably yes, should get available once you hit 80

Rokam

Yeah.. don't really like Plague Leech all that much. Think I'm going to go with Unholy Blight even though it's a slight dps decrease. Other than that nothing has changed much with DW Frost (Not doing masterfrost) with the exception of favoring Frost Strike over Obliterate for killing machine procs. Really enjoy having AntiMagic Zone and that it can be targeted, and also Howling Blast is ridiculous had a 50k crit. I understand why masterfrost is so good, but meh seems boring.

Fjordson

iirc they said tittles will become available "when it makes sense" aka a lvl 1 new alt won't have destroyer's end etc

will dig up the post if need but most probably yes, should get available once you hit 80

That is correct. Titles that were acquired at a certain level will be awarded once that character reaches that level.

Oh, yeah.

To get a title you gotta be the level that you would normally get the title, so level 80.
That makes sense. Thanks guys.

My disc priest seems really, really good. Granted this is level 40-44 Warsong, so everyone only has like two talent points :lol but I just got above 200k healing no problem. I need to read up on the priest changes, but I'm guessing they changed up mana regen or something because I'm not even coming close to running out.

Cipherr

Isnt it a bit much for Serpent sting ticks to be critting harder than Explosive shot ticks for SV hunters? Jesus.

Actually, wow, Serpent sting just hits harder period. Crits or no crits.7k ticks and 14k crits for Serpent sting. 5400 ticks, 10k crits for Explosive shot. I know ES has 3 ticks, but SS has even more, and they both only cost one GCD. ES is supposed to be the big hitter, this just feels wrong damage wise.

Edit: Nevermind official forums hunters noticed it too. Apparently not using Explosive shot at all outside of LnL procs will only lose you about 1k dps. Survivals signature shot got absolutely destroyed.

Rokam

Kilrak, Jaw of Terror looks hilarious. One handed sword off of the Sha of Fear. Look it up!

Don't forget all 5 mans are now listed under the dungeon journal, even classic instances.

JCizzle

Kilrak, Jaw of Terror looks hilarious. One handed sword off of the Sha of Fear. Look it up!

Don't forget all 5 mans are now listed under the dungeon journal, even classic instances.

Elegion, the Fanged Crescent from Mogu'shan Vault looks amazing too. I want both.

sazzy

I fucking hate the new spellbook.

Its either, oh hey here's the 4-5 main spells kthnxbai!

or,

here's EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER POSSIBLY NEED EVER AND EVER!!

If I'm playing resto, why the fuck is the spellbook either showing the 5 or so main spells and the rest are jumbled up with cat/bear spells? wtf?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I fucking hate the new spellbook.

Its either, oh hey here's the 4-5 main spells kthnxbai!

or,

here's EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER POSSIBLY NEED EVER AND EVER!!

If I'm playing resto, why the fuck is the spellbook either showing the 5 or so main spells and the rest are jumbled up with cat/bear spells? wtf?

Yeah, I find it a bit... overwhelming considering it shows you abilities that have absolutely no use to your spec.

I get they should be there, but damn is it overwhelming.

10 minutes before servers went up my breakers blew (happens constantly in my new dorm since I moved in a week ago).

Maintenance closed for the night. Fuck incompetent universities.

Touch

As a rogue, not sure if like these changes. All I have been doing is swirly ball. Sucks you can't mount while shapeshifted. :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Class mounts aren't account-wide. Same goes for PvP Arena mounts.

Last I saw, they are, they just can't be ridden, but perhaps they just took them off the list. You get credit in the mount list for the Flying Carpet or the Helicopter, but you can't ride them without the profession either.

Kintaco

Ugh I was stupid and forgot to pick up WotLK for my RAF account. :( Anyone pick it up and now regrets the purchase and wants to sell it? XD This Re configuring is killing me!

Rokal

As a rogue, not sure if like these changes. All I have been doing is swirly ball. Sucks you can't mount while shapeshifted. :/

Rogue changes are pretty uninspiring overall. Other classes got some really cool new abilities out of the talent revamp. Rogues got to pick between abilities we already had.

Wow so I log on to try the new patch and its doing an "optimization". 10 minutes in and its at 1%.
I think the percentage is bugged as I was at 1% for almost an hour until it hit 2% and started ramping up. Took me an hour and a half to finish though and seemed to be quicker for those with better PCs than mine.

Also I think the reason why people are having problems with NPCs and other players fading in and out has something to do with the cross-realm phasing tech. I think it's screwing with the cities because it hasn't been implemented on the servers yet.
Last I saw, they are, they just can't be ridden, but perhaps they just took them off the list. You get credit in the mount list for the Flying Carpet or the Helicopter, but you can't ride them without the profession either.
The arena mounts or the class mounts? I can see all of my profession mounts but no class mounts on my other characters. I don't know if people can see their arena mounts as I don't have any.

Which Rogue spec is the best right now? I just got a scroll and was going to make my Rogue level 80. When I last played about a year or so ago, Assassination was the way to go. How about now?

Rokam

Just LFR... god damn we smoked deathwing. The big tendrils were dead before he cast bolt. Also a healer got the dps caster dagger in their bag, and a hunter got a 2nd bow. Owned big time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Patch changes have rendered Kael'thas in Tempest Keep unkillable with a Blood DK. =/

Top Bottom