• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

aesop

Ha, seriously? Me too.

JCizzle said:
Doesn't cross realm also mean the game will automatically split up the starting Panda zone into multiple 'instances' to lessen the player load? I was under the impression that it will combine OR split as needed depending on the situation (ie under or over populated).

They've said that it's supposed to work that way.

Ultratech

Well, I understand Cross-Realms in zones that need it, but why do I get those same people showing up in Dalaran? (On the other hand, Dalaran isn't dead on my server anymore. lol)

Remember when you had to feed your pet, level it, loyalty level, arrows, bullets?

Hunters are so easy these days.

That was one of the reasons I didn't roll a Hunter back in the day, too much management.

I'm sure not complaining. It's a ton easier now than what it used to be like.

Not to mention you had to get a Quiver/Bullet Bag to store said ammo, which took up a precious bag slot.

The leveling for pets sucked hard. It just wasn't happening if its level was too low. (Say if you wanted one of those armored boars for instance at 70...good luck with that.)

Or how your pet could run off if you didn't feed it after a certain amount of time...

Something neat I found out in my Ulduar raid last night was that you could tame these guys now:
170956.jpg

Enosh

and finally done

you know, I wouldn't have to go through this bullshit if blizzard didn't decide to remove the charger mount from draenei paladins and replace it with that stupid oversized elephant thingy
apparently horses were too small, well as you can see that's bullshit (at least in the case of females, males might look stupid on them, but when was the last time anyone cared about male draenei ^^), if anything the horse mounts seen too big for humans

speaking of which, I have never seen a draenei paladin use the stupid elephant anyway

Bizazedo

This may have been discussed already, but I am just getting back into WoW and catching up on the Lore.

Really not a fan of them stretching to make Garrosh super evil / unlikeable now so that he's a raid target. Something about it seems too much like pandering.

Granted, Garrosh never bothered me before, but still.

strafer

That actually looks alright.

That's why I never ride my Dreadsteed on my Orc Warlock, shit looks stupid, which is really sad since that is such an awesome looking mount.

Give me a Dreadwolf or something.

Can someone please explain the /c interact edict of temperance thing?

I understand that /c interact probably means "command: interact with" but what does the rest mean?

strafer

This may have been discussed already, but I am just getting back into WoW and catching up on the Lore.

Really not a fan of them stretching to make Garrosh super evil / unlikeable now so that he's a raid target. Something about it seems too much like pandering.

Granted, Garrosh never bothered me before, but still.

When TBC came out I couldn't wait to see Garrosh in Nagrand, the son of the great Grom, exciting stuff, but when I finally made it to Nagrand and spoke to him he seemed so pissed off and disappointed, well fine I guess, maybe that will change once I quest some in this area, guess what, he watches his father redeem the orcs and Garrosh is happy once again.

Then something must have happened.

I'm scratching Garrosh of my list, I wanna see this fucking Orc die.

Bizazedo

When TBC came out I couldn't wait to see Garrosh in Nagrand, the son of the great Grom, exciting stuff, but when I finally made it to Nagrand and spoke to him he seemed so pissed off and disappointed, well fine I guess, maybe that will change once I quest some in this area, guess what, he watches his father redeem the orcs and Garrosh is happy once again.

Then something must have happened.

I'm scratching Garrosh of my list, I wanna see this fucking Orc die.

It just bothers me because, if you read the books (lol), Garrosh isn't totally bad. He's trying (lol). He was upset that Cairne died. He was annoyed how it was done. It seemed (and this is me assuming) that he'd be rough in the beginning and grow into his role as Warchief.

But now, it's like....lets do everything we can do to make people hate him and justify killing him because that's easier than winning people over.

strafer

I really wish Saurfang or Rexxar would pick up the role as Warchief.

I know Thrall thought of Saurfang and deemed him too old, nonsense.

That Orc can still cleave shit.

IsayFever

I really wish Saurfang or Rexxar would pick up the role as Warchief.

I know Thrall thought of Saurfang and deemed him too old, nonsense.

That Orc can still cleave shit.

Well at least they've confirmed it's not Thrall. They've been setting up Vol'Jin since Cata came out to rise up at some point against Garrosh

I think the next Warchief will be Rexxar. Thrall takes over temporarily after Garrosh's death. After that, maybe in the pre-expansion patch, he visits with Rexxar to urge him to join the Horde with his Stonemaul Ogre clan to strengthen it and become Warchief of the Horde. That's my hope anyway. The Horde need to get Ogres already, they're long overdue to rejoin the Horde. And don't the Alliance in Dustwallow Marsh get decimated? The Ogre capital could be constructed there.

Give me Sylvanas Windrunner. After questing with her in the forest I want her as the leader. She still seems evilish. Best case scenario it's all a red herring and Garrosh is still kicking around.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Give me Sylvanas Windrunner. After questing with her in the forest I want her as the leader. She still seems evilish. Best case scenario it's all a red herring and Garrosh is still kicking around.

Speaking of Sylvanas, what the hell happened after the Western Plaguelands story? I only did the Alliance version once, but last i remember the Alliance DK was mad after Sylvanas for breaking the "pact" he did with his old Blood Elf DK friend and he went after both of them after she brought his Blood Elf friend somewhere for treason or something... and that's it.

ampere

I got experiment 12-B on our HC run last night. Gyth!

Grats, we have only seen one of those drop

You guys are really overestimating the pressure on zones at launch. The cross-realm system doesn't just haphazardly fill up zones to beyond their carrying capacity; they combine players in zones that are legitimately empty so that when you're leveling in Storm Peaks, Badlands or Hellfire Peninsula, there's actually a few guys around to PvP with or talk to.

There's absolutely no reason to be worried about rolling a Pandaren Monk if you want a Pandaren based on fear that overcrowding in the 2-3 hour starting zone will hinder your ability to play the game.
Yeah, unless you are going for realm first monk the pandaren zone is probably going to be fine at launch.

Can someone please explain the /c interact edict of temperance thing?

I understand that /c interact probably means "command: interact with" but what does the rest mean?
It doesn't do anything, but some players on beta (trolls) convinced people it would help them do the 'The Lesson of the Burning Scroll' quest, so you had a bunch of people doing this:

And the quest was required to progress any further. You have to right click the scroll, no macro will work.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Zoom in first person mode and you can find anything.

The only issue would be things that have cooldowns between players or can't be used at the same time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I think the next Warchief will be Rexxar. Thrall takes over temporarily after Garrosh's death. After that, maybe in the pre-expansion patch, he visits with Rexxar to urge him to join the Horde with his Stonemaul Ogre clan to strengthen it and become Warchief of the Horde. That's my hope anyway. The Horde need to get Ogres already, they're long overdue to rejoin the Horde. And don't the Alliance in Dustwallow Marsh get decimated? The Ogre capital could be constructed there.

I would love this, but Rexxar has been chilling in Thunderhold or whatever in Blade's Edge doing stuff. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I level my Druid from 80 to 82 and a half in one night, mostly as Resto. It's almost comical how helpless Resto is at leveling. The only attack they even have is Wrath and Moonfire.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why are you leveling as Resto? Go Boomkin and call it a night.

I do, I just notice it when I pop out of a queue into the middle of a questing area. I was beating on some mobs in Hyjal and Deepholm and pulled a Stonecore queue. After I finished up, I had the respawn mobs on top of me and I seemed practically helpless other than the fact that Rejuv practically made me invincible.

Tarazet

I level my Druid from 80 to 82 and a half in one night, mostly as Resto. It's almost comical how helpless Resto is at leveling. The only attack they even have is Wrath and Moonfire.

Dungeons. Healers have an easy time, especially since you'll always get a couple of 85's in your group farming Justice Points.

Angry Grimace

Dungeons. Healers have an easy time, especially since you'll always get a couple of 85's in your group farming Justice Points.

Druid healing is pretty fun so far. I'm not really sure of what I'm actually "supposed" to be doing since I've never even gotten to 50% mana. I'm mostly just spamming Rejuv and Swiftmend. Sometimes I'll put Lifebloom up on the tank, but it doesn't really heal for enough to ever have been noticeable. It seems somewhat like managing the bloom would be a pain in the ass.

It seems somewhat like managing the bloom would be a pain in the ass.
My lady is a Resto, so this is only hearsay, but I hear you can glyph into taking a three-stack of lifebloom and transfer it to another party member. This way you're not spending another 3 GCDs to get back up to a full stack on someone else.

Tarazet

Druid healing is pretty fun so far. I'm not really sure of what I'm actually "supposed" to be doing since I've never even gotten to 50% mana. I'm mostly just spamming Rejuv and Swiftmend. Sometimes I'll put Lifebloom up on the tank, but it doesn't really heal for enough to ever have been noticeable. It seems somewhat like managing the bloom would be a pain in the ass.

If you're a Resto Druid, you should have some kind of a mod to help you with your HoTs. Druids are the king of HoTs, and knowing how to use them effectively is the key to keeping your party up in heroics or raids. Don't discount Lifebloom, because once you have a 3-stack up, it's the most efficient heal you have, since refreshing it maintains all 3 stacks. It's very important to keep both that and Rejuv up on the tank, and to also use Ironbark on him whenever the fight will last more than 12 seconds. In a burst situation, or after the pull is over, you let Lifebloom fall off and do its big finishing heal, or use Swiftmend if you need the burst right now.

Other than that, use Nourish to top up folks who take a single spike of damage, or Healing Touch if it's a big spike. Other strategies depend on the encounter. I'm not a big proponent of Regrowth, except to try to proc Living Seed. If you know there will be AoE damage, set down your Wild Mushrooms in advance and then hit Bloom when the healing is needed. (If you don't bloom them, it doesn't consume any mana!)

Angry Grimace

So what are the servers Mal'Ganis has been paired with? I've seen Kel'Thuzad & Jaedenar so far.

I didn't think KT was even enabled on Cross Realm. Pairing Mal'Ganis with Kel'thuzad is pretty fucking epic though. KT is either the biggest or second biggest Alliance PvP guild and has virtually no Horde population to speak of.

My lady is a Resto, so this is only hearsay, but I hear you can glyph into taking a three-stack of lifebloom and transfer it to another party member. This way you're not spending another 3 GCDs to get back up to a full stack on someone else.
You can do this, but you can't have Lifebloom up on more than one target. Moreover, LB's ticks are pretty insignificant; it's efficiency mostly comes from the fact its dirt cheap to cast and the bloom is huge given the mana it cost to cast LB.

If you're a Resto Druid, you should have some kind of a mod to help you with your HoTs. Druids are the king of HoTs, and knowing how to use them effectively is the key to keeping your party up in heroics or raids. Don't discount Lifebloom, because once you have a 3-stack up, it's the most efficient heal you have, since refreshing it maintains all 3 stacks. It's very important to keep both that and Rejuv up on the tank, and to also use Ironbark on him whenever the fight will last more than 12 seconds. In a burst situation, or after the pull is over, you let Lifebloom fall off and do its big finishing heal, or use Swiftmend if you need the burst right now.

Other than that, use Nourish to top up folks who take a single spike of damage, or Healing Touch if it's a big spike. Other strategies depend on the encounter. I'm not a big proponent of Regrowth, except to try to proc Living Seed. If you know there will be AoE damage, set down your Wild Mushrooms in advance and then hit Bloom when the healing is needed. (If you don't bloom them, it doesn't consume any mana!)
I doubt I'll do much beyond heroics with this character, I'm just trying to get her to 85 prior to MOP. I'm a lot more familiar with Priest healing and Paladin healing. I have 2 shaman at 85 and I've never once attempted to heal on either of them. I guess I was just wondering whether Rejuv was supposed to be mana efficient or not.

Fjordson

Remember when you had to feed your pet, level it, loyalty level, arrows, bullets?

Hunters are so easy these days.

That was one of the reasons I didn't roll a Hunter back in the day, too much management.
Oh god, I remember all that shit.

Crazy how streamlined it is now. When I tamed Gondria the other day, it was just boom, automatically lvl 85, no happiness to worry about. Pretty nice.

Angry Grimace

Are there even any Spirit Beasts in Pandaria? I have all of them as of right now.

Rokam

Are there even any Spirit Beasts in Pandaria? I have all of them as of right now.

Don't see any listed, but I'd be surprised if the tiger god doesn't get a spirit beast. Model is too good not to. Just looked up the changes to rare hunter pets in MoP, looks awesome.

Tarazet

I doubt I'll do much beyond heroics with this character, I'm just trying to get her to 85 prior to MOP. I'm a lot more familiar with Priest healing and Paladin healing. I have 2 shaman at 85 and I've never once attempted to heal on either of them. I guess I was just wondering whether Rejuv was supposed to be mana efficient or not.

I haven't healed since the patch, but lately spamming Rejuvenation is an easy way to run yourself out of mana when you actually need to do a lot of crunch healing.

Angry Grimace

"Heart Strike now does 115% weapon damage, down from 170%. Damage reduced by 54%."

At some point, blood boil becomes outright better than Heart Strike.

scoobs

"Heart Strike now does 115% weapon damage, down from 170%. Damage reduced by 54%."

At some point, blood boil becomes outright better than Heart Strike.

ya... why are they doing that exactly? blood dps was high yes but i have afeeling theyre gonna undo that change when everyones at 90 and dks are the lowest dps tank again.

Ultratech

Don't see any listed, but I'd be surprised if the tiger god doesn't get a spirit beast. Model is too good not to. Just looked up the changes to rare hunter pets in MoP, looks awesome.

Yeah, I remember hearing something about how they might make the Tiger God one. I wouldn't doubt it anyways.

I'm a little sore that Hydras STILL aren't a tamable pet family.

Also, I kinda wish there was a way to disable transparency for some Spirit Beast models.
Ghostcrawler looks so awesome without it:

Top Bottom