• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
WG is cross-server? OH SNAP

I never actually got to try it since I didn't PVP back in Wrath.

[edit]

Only 11 people in this TB. >:

Cross-server needs to work its magic.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hmm, you guys sure? I just did WG and I was the only person in there.

[edit]

Oh, so it's glitched right now? I think I see what you guys are talking about.

Fjordson

Greg/Ghostcrawler hasn't had his own Twitter account until now. :)
Oh, okay. Little embarrassing :lol shows how much I'm on Twitter.

I don't think I'd have the courage to open a Twitter account if I was Ghostcrawler. The amount of shit that will potentially be hurled at him by disgruntled players is scary to even think about.

Westlo

*sees so many people in tanaris and booty bay while trying to move shit across factions...*

Wow this must be dat cross realms in action

*mouses over everyone, sees no asterisks*

Nup, just dat Frostmourne.

On another note, fuck trying to move shit right now.

*sees so many people in tanaris and booty bay while trying to move shit across factions...*

Wow this must be dat cross realms in action

*mouses over everyone, sees no asterisks*

Nup, just dat Frostmourne.

On another note, fuck trying to move shit right now.

ugh. Fortunately the AH is not cross realm at this point in time.

Westlo

ugh. Fortunately the AH is not cross realm at this point in time.

Now that would be a clusterfuck, so much sniping...... they really need to bite the bullet though and just server merge... this crossrealms doesn't fix economys...

Anyway said fuck it and moved most of the Horde supply of Elementium and Pyrite ore over to alliance, where it's double the price.

Now that would be a clusterfuck, so much sniping...... they really need to bite the bullet though and just server merge... this crossrealms doesn't fix economys...
I'd like to see some server merges but I'm sure they don't want people filling their forums with "Zomg the game is dying!"

Then again that already happens.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oh, okay. Little embarrassing :lol shows how much I'm on Twitter.

I don't think I'd have the courage to open a Twitter account if I was Ghostcrawler. The amount of shit that will potentially be hurled at him by disgruntled players is scary to even think about.

Oh yeah, his Mentions are going to be a shit ton of:

"@Gregtstreet hey GC can u make raids soloable i dont like playing with other ppl"
or
"@Gregtstreet yo man why warlocks so whack"

Shit like that.

Also, in regards to that first fake tweet I wrote. I was reading the forums and it was about cross-realm bitching. Someone in there said something to the effect of: "I don't like seeing other people. When I am questing, or doing professions I want to be alone. If I want to do dungeons or raids then I will play with other people but aside from that I want to be left alone."

Do people really think that way? Do they not realize this is an MMO and the intention is to play with other people and see them in the world? I find the casualcrafters bitching about cross-realm zones totally hilarious. I mean, it's an MMO you're supposed to see people out in the world. There should be competition for shit like the Time Lost Proto Drake, you shouldn't say you got him because you happened to log on at 4AM because you woke up to take a piss.

IsayFever

So excited I finally get my Life-Binder's Handmaiden this week. Literally the last person in the group that I fucking run :( My dice are miserable fucking failures

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh yeah, his Mentions are going to be a shit ton of:

"@Gregtstreet hey GC can u make raids soloable i dont like playing with other ppl"
or
"@Gregtstreet yo man why warlocks so whack"

Shit like that.

Also, in regards to that first fake tweet I wrote. I was reading the forums and it was about cross-realm bitching. Someone in there said something to the effect of: "I don't like seeing other people. When I am questing, or doing professions I want to be alone. If I want to do dungeons or raids then I will play with other people but aside from that I want to be left alone."

Do people really think that way? Do they not realize this is an MMO and the intention is to play with other people and see them in the world? I find the casualcrafters bitching about cross-realm zones totally hilarious. I mean, it's an MMO you're supposed to see people out in the world. There should be competition for shit like the Time Lost Proto Drake, you shouldn't say you got him because you happened to log on at 4AM because you woke up to take a piss.

You have to remember that this is WoW, where a lot of players complain about the most ridiculous thing since Day 1, I've seen people threatening Blizzard that they would cancel their account because of something as stupid as a spell getting nerfed a little or because a particular companion is only available to Alliance or Horde, you shouldn't be surprised.

The worst thing so far about cross-server is I keep changing time zones.
That's annoying but I'll tell you the worst thing: when you're taking a taxi and NPCscan finds a rare elite along the way, so after you land you fly back to the zone to kill it but then you realize you have been moved to a different server when you crossed the zone border.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I have no idea how Warlocks work now. Any tips/resources/videos someone can forward me to? Used to play an Affliction warlock pre-WOTLK. I see soul shards, demons and most of the spells I used to have are completely different not to mention talents being almost all gone. So confused!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have no idea how Warlocks work now. Any tips/resources/videos someone can forward me to? Used to play an Affliction warlock pre-WOTLK. I see soul shards, demons and most of the spells I used to have are completely different not to mention talents being almost all gone. So confused!

Affliction is actually the least changed spec from before the patch. The main difference is instead of spamming shadowbolt when all your dot's are up, you spam malefic grasp, which is the awesome new channeled nuke a la mindflay that makes all of your dots tick when it does damage.

So it's basicaly just keep UA, corruption, and agony up on a target and grasp when you don't need to be casting anything else. Felhunter (Observer if you have the Supremacy talent) is the highest damage pet. As far as I can tell, the main use of soul shards is Haunt, which gives you a 25% damage boost for like 8 seconds. Corruption ticks can restore a soul shard, letting you keep up haunt up a decent amount of time on a target, but it will never be 100% uptime.

Affliction is actually the least changed spec from before the patch. The main difference is instead of spamming shadowbolt when all your dot's are up, you spam malefic grasp, which is the awesome new channeled nuke a la mindflay that makes all of your dots tick when it does damage.

So it's basicaly just keep UA, corruption, and agony up on a target and grasp when you don't need to be casting anything else. Felhunter (Observer if you have the Supremacy talent) is the highest damage pet. As far as I can tell, the main use of soul shards is Haunt, which gives you a 25% damage boost for like 8 seconds. Corruption ticks can restore a soul shard, letting you keep up haunt up a decent amount of time on a target, but it will never be 100% uptime.

Could you do a lil writeup about Demonology Warlocks too? Pretty please?

Entropia

No One Remembers

For Affliction, you are better to take Grimoire of Sacrifice, it basically increases the damage of your DoTs, very awesome to have.

If you are on the move, you can use Fel Flame to increase the duration of UA and Corruption by 7 seconds or something.

TheYanger

So what are the servers Mal'Ganis has been paired with? I've seen Kel'Thuzad & Jaedenar so far.

You can go to any server. not sure how it does it if you don't have things forcing you where you want.

A funny moment in our pillaging of the rabbits from other servers today:
http://youtu.be/fvHWnTZ3Ksc
(Not my video but I was in the group and am in the mumble chat)

Just showing the fun you can have with the new server tech :)
It's interesting how GW2 (A fantastic game I am playing tons of) can get tons of praise of the 'guesting' mechanic, when wow quietly rolls out technology that completely one ups it. This is seriously cool stuff.

(obviously our speculation in the video was stupid, it was just another group doing the same thing we were, but it was hilarious and fun).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
For Affliction, you are better to take Grimoire of Sacrifice, it basically increases the damage of your DoTs, very awesome to have.

I've heard that, but frankly I don't care. I refused to play a sacrifice warlock in vanilla and I won't now, especially since Observer has been one of my favorite creature models in the game since BC. If I didn't want to use a pet, I wouldn't be playing a warlock.

You can go to any server. not sure how it does it if you don't have things forcing you where you want.

It's interesting how GW2 (A fantastic game I am playing tons of) can get tons of praise of the 'guesting' mechanic, when wow quietly rolls out technology that completely one ups it. This is seriously cool stuff.

(obviously our speculation in the video was stupid, it was just another group doing the same thing we were, but it was hilarious and fun).

Suddenly PvP!

Love it.

Ultratech

Heh, that's pretty funny.

Wonder what happened to cause that to occur.

On my server, it seems like we have Stormscale and something else. (I keep thinking Elune, but not sure.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Where'd they confirm it wasn't going to be Thrall?

My money's on
Anduin Wrynn

That would be a huge stretch, don't you think lol? I don't think it would feel right if it weren't an Orc though.

McNei1y

This may have been discussed in this thread but I added a subscription yesterday and the game seems to freeze for like 5-10 seconds quite often. Does this happen to anyone?

It has to be one of my addons so I'll go through and disable them one by one but I was just seeing if anyone knew the answer right away.

This may have been discussed in this thread but I added a subscription yesterday and the game seems to freeze for like 5-10 seconds quite often. Does this happen to anyone?

It has to be one of my addons so I'll go through and disable them one by one but I was just seeing if anyone knew the answer right away.
Yeah it sounds like an addon problem as I had the same thing happened to me until I had to go through my list and see which one was causing it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Gallywix for warchief!

Doesn't he have like an absurdly generic model? :\

http://www.wowpedia.org/Jastor_Gallywix

Trade_Prince_Gallywix_Glowei.jpg

Trade_Prince_Gallywix.jpg

Totally the same, right?

mclem

So, yesterday. I carefully put together a group for another night of progression attempts on spine.

We one-shot it.

That was unexpected.

Madness is *fun* as a tank with the new Vengeance. 150k attack power? Well, if I must!

Entropia

No One Remembers
So, yesterday. I carefully put together a group for another night of progression attempts on spine.

We one-shot it.

That was unexpected.

Madness is *fun* as a tank with the new Vengeance. 150k attack power? Well, if I must!

You can get some insane damage out as a tank it's silly!

If any high level horde players are looking for a fun run through Blackwing Descent tonight, I'm in need of two more DPS and a healer. Just sign up for it on OpenRaid! Since I'm only about a month back into WoW, after a very long hiatus, I'm trying to experience all of the content I missed. So, this is a no-frills, let's just go in there, have fun, and experience the raid run.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I am toying with the idea of coming back to WoW before MoP drops later this year. I'm just wondering, how long does it take to level up from 1-85? I think my long-dormant account has a level 80 Tauren Shaman and a level 30-something Blood Elf Rogue, but I remember leveling to be a complete and total pain back in the day. I think I would want to create a new character, but not if leveling is as grindy as it was when I last played a few years ago.

Top Bottom