• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love how you can rename your companions now. I can give them all stupid names. :p

Too bad you still can't rename your Water Elemental if you're a frost mage... and to think we once had a "bug" that allowed that feature.

JCizzle

Thats what I was wondering. I have regular WoW and Cataclysm. Hopefully the new xpak has the rest packaged in? I'll do some research and might give it another shot.

If any GAFers can help a newbie out I'd appreciate it. *creates female character*

Hm. As far as I know, the normal game comes with vanilla WoW and BC, and you obviously have Cata. I don't know if you'll need to purchase WotLK though.

Hm. As far as I know, the normal game comes with vanilla WoW and BC, and you obviously have Cata. I don't know if you'll need to purchase WotLK though.

Thanks, JC. I'm downloading the patcher now. As far as classes go are they all pretty balanced at this point? I'm not big on tanking so I stick to damage and/or healing roles. Also, does GAF have a central server anymore?

That depends. If a Scroll was used on the account then it has access to all of the expansions. If you have a Vanilla WoW account and bought Cataclysm then you need to purchase WotLK.

Dresden

Thanks, JC. I'm downloading the patcher now. As far as classes go are they all pretty balanced at this point? I'm not big on tanking so I stick to damage and/or healing roles. Also, does GAF have a central server anymore?

for PVE they're all pretty balanced--balanced as in, they're all viable.

Westlo

Blizz need to fix all these quest rewards of ranged gear that still has strength on them... tank ranged weapons need to get re itemized..

Fjordson

Thats what I was wondering. I have regular WoW and Cataclysm. Hopefully the new xpak has the rest packaged in? I'll do some research and might give it another shot.

If any GAFers can help a newbie out I'd appreciate it. *creates female character*
I don't think it'll package all the xpacs.

I can send you a scroll of resurrection that'll update your account to have all the expansions if you need.

I don't think it'll package all the xpacs.

I can send you a scroll of resurrection that'll update your account to have all the expansions if you need.

Hey, that would be awesome, Fjordson! Are you sure you don't have any use for it otherwise? I just realized Pandaria is out so I may start a Panda Hunter or Mage once its finished downloading the game. I hate playing while its downloading. :D

Fjordson

Hey, that would be awesome, Fjordson! Are you sure you don't have any use for it otherwise? I just realized Pandaria is out so I may start a Panda Hunter or Mage once its finished downloading the game. I hate playing while its downloading. :D
Nope. I haven't sent one to anyone in ages so it's all good. Just email me your Battle.net email.

Berordn

Pandaria isn't actually out until the 25th, even though all the content is in the game. No pandas until then.

Bisnic

Is this new from the patch? Getting kicked from the Dungeon Finder queue everytime you lvl up? It sucks with my lvl 16-17 warlock. :mad:

Touch

Well Emerald Dream Ally and Horde are in a full on battle at the Darkmoon Rabbit. Along with evil doers from other realms like Skullcrusher via zone trying to glitch out the rabbit. SKELETONS EVERYWHERE!

ampere

So I got to tank heroic DS today on my undergeared DK, and on spine heroic I decided to soak nuclear explosions with AMS... it gave me over 100K attack power and I was top dps on burning tendons.

169k death strike crits. Totally broken and tuned for level 90, but very funny

scoobs

So I got to tank heroic DS today on my undergeared DK, and on spine heroic I decided to soak nuclear explosions with AMS... it gave me over 100K attack power and I was top dps on burning tendons.

Lol that's awesome

Fjordson

Wow, these Hyjal quest are pretty cool. Great environments with some interesting lore. I don't quest much these days, easy to forget how good Blizzard is at them when they want to be.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Jesus, that's fucking insane.

Well that was a reminder why I don't do 5 mans anymore. Healers and dps are garbage :<

I had a really great group the other day. We had some problems, pulled extra mobs in Grim Batol but we eventually powered through. Then the tank left after the second boss, and that's always the death of a group. But no, people stuck around and waited for a new one. Then we wiped at trash because the healer got sheeped. No matter, we just started joking about being the noob squad. Eventually we finished the dungeon and four of us went on to do Stonecore.

strafer

Please tell me there is a way to disable guild invites?, I've been online for three minutes and already gotten like six invites from random guilds, shit is annoying.

There is a big increase in guilds lately.

RPGCrazied

Please tell me there is a way to disable guild invites?, I've been online for three minutes and already gotten like six invites from random guilds, shit is annoying.

Yeah. Its in the interface options. I wish there was a block whispers from non guild members or something. I hate the "can i have 200g plz" ones.

Westlo

*Gets glyph of pickpocket on dk yesterday*
*gets glyph of pickpocket on mage today*
*flips table*

At least I got glyph of fire blast on my mage just than, so want Stag though.. reckon that alone would've made me 10k.

There's an addon that scans unguilded people and than invites them.

Tucah

you speak so well
I've been wanting to get back into this game in time for Pandaria, haven't played since a couple months after Cata. Anyone want to send me a Scroll of Res (how can I resist a free 80? :p)?

Does GAF still play on Area 52?

Ultratech

I've been wanting to get back into this game in time for Pandaria, haven't played since a couple months after Cata. Anyone want to send me a Scroll of Res (how can I resist a free 80? :p)?

I can send ya a scroll. Just PM me your battle.net email, and I'll send ya one.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I have my rogue on there in and in the GAF guild still but it's not doing anything. I doubt many people play.

:(

I made a guy on Area 52 by name of Frankensteen (of Young Frankensten fame! tried finding names for 15 minutes before giving up). So if anyone wants to group or can help me out with a couple bags I'd really appreciate it!

No I meant to give you bags.
Ohh, I see. Well, hes only level 4 so I can reroll. I wanted to make a Panda but thats not really an option yet :(

GAF has a Horde guild on Area 52, that's what he meant i think.

Edit : Beaten by the other Krogan.

Was the GAF guild dead? I thought I read that somewhere in the thread.

If you're gonna play alliance prob shouldn't be on area 52.

Why is that? Sucky Area 52 Alliance peoples?

Bisnic

Ohh, I see. Well, hes only level 4 so I can reroll. I wanted to make a Panda but thats not really an option yet :(

Was the GAF guild dead? I thought I read that somewhere in the thread.

Why is that? Sucky Area 52 Alliance peoples?

Area 52 is like 80% Horde population if i remember right.

Bisnic

So not really any GAF heavy servers? I'm a newbie in an 8 year old game so was hoping to know some people to play with :(

Everyone already have a main guild that has nothing to do with GAF, so yeah. Every attempts of a GAF guild seems to fail because of that.

A lot of people are collecting on Mal'Ganis Horde. Like, people moving their mains over there. I doubt that there will be a GAF guild there, but there will be GAF people there.

I don't think there's a large collection of Alliance GAF anywhere.

ampere

So not really any GAF heavy servers? I'm a newbie in an 8 year old game so was hoping to know some people to play with :(

You can group with people on any server now if you use battletags (it's a friend list system), but yeah Area 52 alliance is a bad choice because the server is so imbalanced. It's a good server if you play horde, but if you play alliance maybe you should try proudmoore

Top Bottom