• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

I just got the Sen'jin Fetish pet for 275g on the AH. Market price is about 5775g. It's stuff like this that gives me such a high in this game :)

Anyone else have it? It plays a Halo-esque drum beat every time it is summoned, which happens to be a lot because that includes every dis-mount you do. Makes me feel like a badass.

I just got the Sen'jin Fetish pet for 275g on the AH. Market price is about 5775g. It's stuff like this that gives me such a high in this game :)

Anyone else have it? It plays a Halo-esque drum beat every time it is summoned, which happens to be a lot because that includes every dis-mount you do. Makes me feel like a badass.

Three different models too!

Sciz

Spine is considerably harder than Madness.

The biggest change on Madness is:

*snip*

The most important difference out of all of this by far is handling the congealing bloods correctly. If you aren't prepared to snare them and blow them up as soon as they spawn every time they spawn, you'll never win, and it's all the worse because the mechanic only comes up after 10+ minutes of fighting. It's absolutely critical that the dps chill out and don't burn the head down to a blood % before you're prepared.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Best sound effect pet is still Singing Sunflower. Still get people whispering me when I go AFK in the AH telling me it freaked them out.

ampere

Wow what a steal. I have that pet too, love it.

My only gripe about pets lately is that many tooltips no longer say 'this pet is already known'.

Irnbru

The most important difference out of all of this by far is handling the congealing bloods correctly. If you aren't prepared to snare them and blow them up as soon as they spawn every time they spawn, you'll never win, and it's all the worse because the mechanic only comes up after 10+ minutes of fighting. It's absolutely critical that the dps chill out and don't burn the head down to a blood % before you're prepared.

Got it, yeah, Ill make sure to bring that up. We are a bunch of assholes, and sometimes I don't know how we get shit done, but we do it lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sucks that the cross realm zones only seem to "merge" two servers only. Low lvl zones are still empty. :p Well, i guess 3 people in Darkshire is considered a lot these days.

Draxal

Taken from the Dev Waterooler:

Seems 3-players is the focus, not so much 3 Deeps. Though the article goes on to say bosses' attacks can't be healed or tanked through. Now, I am trying very hard to read into these statements, and the only thing I can think is that there are external ways to do damage to these bosses. In addition, with new tanking vengeance mechanics, DPS is improved. Last LFR I did, for example, had me #7 in DPS. Certainly, it's LFR, but the point remains.

I do wish Blizz would offer more information. Seems we'll find out next week, regardless.

You could always check the youtube vids of them so far. What I recall of them were they were super easy fast point farming, so dps doesn't have to wait in a q that takes forever.

My 5970 died 2 weeks ago. I replaced it with a 7970 and I have heating issues. I have a fan kit arriving tomorrow. I can play now, but I have to have the fan cranked up to annoying levels. The cooling kit will eliminate that need.

Need advice. I am at 150 in Leatherworking but thinking of dropping it for Engineering.

I don't have any characters that even wear leather but I do have one that wears mail. Engineering has some awesome mounts/pets/toys but all of my characters have 2 leveled professions already.

I'd hate to throw away my progress toward 150 in LW so I'm asking you guys if it's worth it in my case.

Well it depends. Do you care whether or not the profession produces gold? Cause you aren't doing yourself any favors with engineering (generally.)

And 150 really isn't much. I'd only hesitate after hitting 300 or the late 200s. Jewelcrafting especially is pretty painful for the sub-300 stuff. Blacksmithing and Engineering too.

Well it depends. Do you care whether or not the profession produces gold? Cause you aren't doing yourself any favors with engineering (generally.)

I do like gold. Do you have to throw a lot of money at engineering? I am also leveling jewelcrafting and enchanting (~75 at both), do they ever become profitable?

I do like gold. Do you have to throw a lot of money at engineering? I am also leveling jewelcrafting and enchanting (~75 at both), do they ever become profitable?

Engineering is a pretty big gold sink, and won't ever make you any money, or will only rarely do so. It does have fun things which can provide a lot of interesting utility. But definitely not something you take if you're looking to make gold.

Jewelcrafting will become incredibly profitable at max level, especially if you get it there and start producing the new gems for the expansion. Before that, it's worthless. The times I've leveled it, I'll usually end up vendoring almost everything.

Enchanting has really been more hit or miss ever since the roll to disenchant option. Still useful at the very least, and can be very profitable in combination with other professions (particularly Jewelcrafting and Alchemy). I think it's more server-dependent than anything else at this point on whether you'll make much money with it. It tended to be more of an ancillary profession to moneymaking rather than my primary source of income. Occasionally you'll sell a big enchant for a couple thousand gold, but that's rarer and less steady than the amount you'll make selling gems. The effect is probably more that you'll save yourself a bunch of money, more than you'll be making it.

Fantomex

Hey Guys, wanted to ask for help. I am currently planning on jumping back to WOW for Pandaria. Haven't played since before Cataclysm. Are there any deals right now that could help me jump back in? Maybe a resurrection package or something like it?

Rokam

Hey Guys, wanted to ask for help. I am currently planning on jumping back to WOW for Pandaria. Haven't played since before Cataclysm. Are there any deals right now that could help me jump back in? Maybe a resurrection package or something like it?

You're in luck! If you're US send me a PM with your email and I'll send you a scroll of resurrection. Free level 80 character and will upgrade you to Cataclysm for free, and any other expansions you don't have. If you're EU someone will come along!

Fantomex

You're in luck! If you're US send me a PM with your email and I'll send you a scroll of resurrection. Free level 80 character and will upgrade you to Cataclysm for free, and any other expansions you don't have. If you're EU someone will come along!

I'll send you a pm now thanks!

Need advice. I am at 150 in Leatherworking but thinking of dropping it for Engineering.

I don't have any characters that even wear leather but I do have one that wears mail. Engineering has some awesome mounts/pets/toys but all of my characters have 2 leveled professions already.

I'd hate to throw away my progress toward 150 in LW so I'm asking you guys if it's worth it in my case.

On my server, leatherworking sucks but skinning can net you a decent amount of gold. I keep leatherworking though because I'm a hunter and I like making at least a couple of my own enchants. Also, there's not many leatherworkers in the guild so I tend to be helpful there.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Huh? What are you talking about? The CRZ stuff is multiple servers combined in low-pop areas.

99% of the time it's just Galakrond players you see. Now and then you'll see Grizzly Hills and Dalaran players but only super late at night. In the mornings and evenings it's just Galakrond.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I always run with my Singing Sunflower. Best companion of the ever.
tumblr_m9z3x8HhyB1ruuoaco2_1280.png

XenodudeX

So I got one of those 7 free trail emails, but I don't know if it's fake or not. It says Prepare for pandaria but it was cata features on it, and it's from blizzard newsletter for the email address. Anyone know if it's legit?

Real name,

Prepare for Pandaria with 7 days of FREE game time for your account,name, and try out the latest updates to World of Warcraft! Simply click below to claim your time... but act fast, as this offer will expire on September 19.

The latest patch (5.0.4) sets the stage for Mists of Pandaria™ before it arrives on September 25, and includes a number of new features and improvements to help you get ready for the new expansion:

Goblin and Worgen - Play as a shape-changing worgen or a cunning goblin, and adventure through their unique starting zones and quests… even if you don't have Cataclysm™.

New Talent System - Perfect your characters skills and abilities with the new simplified talent system focused on unique abilities and spells.

Account Wide Achievements, Pets, and Mounts - Track accomplishments across all of your characters, and travel with your favorite companion no matter which character you’re playing.

And much more...

We look forward to seeing you on the fields of battle.

- The World of Warcraft Team

I took out my name and account name, obviously.

The address is from Newsletter@email.blizzard.com

Thanks to Rokam, I got my Red Proto! Feels good to never have to bother with those heroics again =D especially Oculus.

I still need Ruby Void and the one Violet Hold achievement that requires you to fight each boss once. How I still don't have it after all this time... *sigh*

mclem

We had our second day - first *full* day - on heroic Madness today. And... down!

People might complain about the nerfs making it 'too easy', but it opens interesting fights up to the likes of our guild, and that makes a world of difference. Now we've done everything in Dragon Soul, we can let our hair down a bit and do some achievements and earlier heroic bosses we missed - would love to spend some time on Sinestra sometime.

strafer

So I got one of those 7 free trail emails, but I don't know if it's fake or not. It says Prepare for pandaria but it was cata features on it, and it's from blizzard newsletter for the email address. Anyone know if it's legit?

You should check your account and see if there is a button to claim 7 free days, that's what I did.

It was posted on MMO-Champ that they were sending out free time. I never trust the emails though, since I get so many spam ones (countless MoP beta ones, which may or may not have been real, but I was already in the beta thanks to Raptr giveaway - even though I only fired it up once to enjoy a cascade of crashes.)

Just check your Battle.net account, and if it's real, it will be there.

Hesitant to claim any time, since I know I'm eligible to be Scrolled (which I'll be doing in about a week) which gives me a free transfer as well, and I'm not sure if any other offer would interfere with that. Have to pass on the free 80, as I'd rather move my existing 85s rather than some brand-new character. I'm more time-rich than money-rich at the moment, so missing out on that doesn't bother me.

Yeah log into your account at the Battle.net website and see if the offer is legit. I know Blizzard has been sending out "Come Back" e-mails for a couple days already.

scoobs

Welp my hunger for more mounts never wanes... just got this bad boy on run #21 :) Pile O' Mounts = 125

wowscrnshot091012235941.jpg

Now to get that pesky drake from vortex pinnacle!

Two weeks to go until MoP and my video card dies. That's great.
My card has been running fine but I noticed the past year that I've been having temp issues with certain games. I played WoW for about 3 minutes and suddenly I have pink shit all over the monitor while the computer is frozen. Shit was out of nowhere.

At first I thought it was just the drivers so I wiped out my nVidia drivers and installed the recent beta drivers. Everytime I went to reboot it would get worse and worse until it went kaput. Just my luck it had to happen before the expansion releases.

Robin64

Don't worry too much about queuing as a tank for Scenarios. In my experience playing them so far, tanks have been useful. For example, the water boss in the village scenario has three packs of mobs around him. With all dps, you just take on each pack in turn. With a tank you can pull the lot.

Healers, however, are mostly useless. You'd think that heals would be welcome, which they are, but I got annoyed whenever a healer would join a scenario because they just end up making the whole thing take a lot longer. This is because the NPCs in scenarios do the healing. They'll throw down kegs or water or whatever, that places huge areas on the ground which heal to full when stepped in. As long as you pay attention and look out for those, you won't die. Not even close.

Fjordson

Don't worry too much about queuing as a tank for Scenarios. In my experience playing them so far, tanks have been useful. For example, the water boss in the village scenario has three packs of mobs around him. With all dps, you just take on each pack in turn. With a tank you can pull the lot.

Healers, however, are mostly useless. You'd think that heals would be welcome, which they are, but I got annoyed whenever a healer would join a scenario because they just end up making the whole thing take a lot longer. This is because the NPCs in scenarios do the healing. They'll throw down kegs or water or whatever, that places huge areas on the ground which heal to full when stepped in. As long as you pay attention and look out for those, you won't die. Not even close.
Well that's not good =[

Hey guys, quick question, if I buy MoP through the site does it come with a month playtime or not?

Even though I have Guild Wars 2 and Dark Souls to play, the time around an expansion is always lots o' fun in WoW. Thinking about starting fresh with a new Panda and level him up on Horde (never leveled a toon to 85 on Horde, so) to level 90, do some dungeons/LFR/pet battles.

Edit: Never mind, it doesn't.

Fjordson

Decided to zip over to Grizzly Hills a few minutes before maintenance and check the spawn area for Arcturis. Whaddya know, I finally tamed him! He looks awesome.

aesop

Jesus, first time I've had a hard time choosing a spec for my Warlock, I tested all three and they are all fun.

I'm leveling my lock now and I feel like affliction plays a bit too much like shadow priest. What with the MG and what not. But I'm really liking demo. The horns and imp swarm really play to what originally drew me to warlocks. They are completely evil.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm leveling my lock now and I feel like affliction plays a bit too much like shadow priest. What with the MG and what not. But I'm really liking demo. The horns and imp swarm really play to what originally drew me to warlocks. They are completely evil.

Yeah, i love my little Demonology Dwarf Warlock lvl 26. :p The demon form is cool, but i lose demonic fury so fast since i got the passive that change Shadow Bolt to some instant spell. That thing drains Demonic Fury so fast!

But is it just me or Soul Fire just suck? The cast time is way too long and it barely does more damage than whatever Shadow Bolt is called in Demon form. Oh well, maybe it will get better in later lvls.

Robin64

What's the best new starting area, besides Undead? Can be either faction.

Gnomes get to see the aftermath of trying to get Gnomer back which is pretty cool. Similarly, trolls get the new Echo Isles stuff which is also cool.

I don't think anything has changed quite as much as the Forsaken Tirisfal -> Silverpine -> Hillsbrad route, though. Stonetalon is well worth checking out as either faction (and, in fact, both factions), so you could do a troll Durotar -> Azshara -> Ashenvale -> Stonetalon, and that would be pretty fun.

For humans, Elwynn is pretty much identical but Westfall is a proper sequel to how the zone used to be. It's nice to see. Same for night elves and Teldrassil -> Darkshore. Same then sequel.

sazzy

So I just popped Cata login screen music on youtube. I'm gonna miss it :( its so epic!

tbh I had great fun with the game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, i love my little Demonology Dwarf Warlock lvl 26. :p The demon form is cool, but i lose demonic fury so fast since i got the passive that change Shadow Bolt to some instant spell. That thing drains Demonic Fury so fast!

But is it just me or Soul Fire just suck? The cast time is way too long and it barely does more damage than whatever Shadow Bolt is called in Demon form. Oh well, maybe it will get better in later lvls.

I'm currently Affliction on my lock. I really like demo but just seem to be doing it wrong. My dps is way higher in affliction, I was seriously like one of the lowest dps in the few LFR's I did as demo after the patch and that made me sad. I must be doing something wrong regarding managing demon form or something.

I'm really liking affliction, which is surprising because I could never get into shadow priest due to hating having a channel as my primary nuke. I just love the MG mechanic and how it makes your combat text just spam numbers as it ticks and causes your dots to tick. Only thing I don't totally have a handle on is if it is worth using drain soul to get yoru shards back up if you run out on a boss fight before the 20% mark.

Haven't tried Destruction yet, but it doesn't look like there's much there beyond keeping immolate up and incinerate spamming. I also kind of miss the machine gun imp that was standard with destruction pre-5.0, since now the best dps pet is felhunter/observer or just getting the sacrifice talent.

Oh, and regarding Soul Fire: I imagine it scales well, due to it gaining damage directly from crit chance. It's not that unusual for it's actual damage to not be super impressive, for a lot of cat raiding as demo it didn't really do more damage than shadowbolt during execute phase, it just cast faster.

RPGCrazied

Got my mage to 85. 4 out of my 10 characters are ready for pandaria. What to level next. 72 shaman or 76 death knight? That's whats on my mind lately.

Top Bottom