• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bizazedo

I dunno. The plague being released by accident from Hakkar was pretty good, too :).

But, yes, the zombie invasion was the best "intentional" plague / invasion. And yes, players whine too much.

strafer

If the next expansion really is a Burning Legion centered one, just imagine the pre-events for that one, MAN.

Sargeras coming in town and messing yo.

Is that what the rumors are for the next one? I'd love a BC part 2. lol

I still don't understand the lore for half of this game. Any suggestions on where I could read up? I pretty much stopped paying attention after Wrath. I wanted to finish the story with Arthas and didn't need to know much else. The stuff for Cata is all kinds of weird. I still don't get half the dragons, wtf they do, etc.

strafer

I still don't understand the lore for half of this game. Any suggestions on where I could read up? I pretty much stopped paying attention after Wrath. I wanted to finish the story with Arthas and didn't need to know much else. The stuff for Cata is all kinds of weird. I still don't get half the dragons, wtf they do, etc.

www.wowpedia.org is great

All the info you need.

Weenerz

Banned
Do the mobs drop anything at all? And does it have a lock out? I'm assuming you can run more than once but only one loot bag. I'm at work, and wowpedia, wowhead and mmo champion are blocked.

RPGCrazied

I don't care if it sucks, I just want that helm and axe for my rogue. Since he is still using blues for those items. My ilevel is 355 on him, but I'm an alt alcoholic. I have 10 characters.

Nothing will the beat the AQ opening event, or the BC event.

Sethos

Banned
I really want to roll a hunter on Stormscale but god dammit I have no gold, heirlooms or anything there. I've become so dependant on all that crap :( Even having to deal with bag space would kill me slowly.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

To me it would make sense, this expac is focused on the war between red and blue, and if it gets resolved at the end it'll be because we need to take out the real threat.

Also level 100, a final expac, lines up with their new MMO coming out, etc.

I really want to roll a hunter on Stormscale but god dammit I have no gold, heirlooms or anything there. I've become so dependant on all that crap :( Even having to deal with bag space would kill me slowly.

I had that problem, but an easy solution is to get to level 20ish and pick up mining. Copper and Tin sell for a good amount, you can get a good amount of gold for bags and such.

Hey that's my server! I don't have any gold to spare but I can certainly help ya out with some Netherweave bags if you roll Alliance.

What makes you want that server?

Sethos

Banned
Hey that's my server! I don't have any gold to spare but I can certainly help ya out with bags.

What makes you want that server?

Because I know it's Horde favoured as hell plus it's in possibly the best Battlegroup. I'd be joining the Horde and I have to worry less about Alliance when levelling and city raids and whatnot should happen a bit more often :p But I would very much appreciate a bag or two if you're Horde - I just need to find my race and name, set up my UI then I'm good to go.

strafer

To me it would make sense, this expac is focused on the war between red and blue, and if it gets resolved at the end it'll be because we need to take out the real threat.

Also level 100, a final expac, lines up with their new MMO coming out, etc.

Except I think it will be 95 and then the next one will be 100.

Clipse

Why Stormscale if you don't mind me asking? Was on that realm since BC and hated it since the Horde population was terrible.

If I ever decide to play again the first thing I'd do is transfer to Mal'Ganis or another high pop realm.

Because I know it's Horde favoured as hell plus it's in possibly the best Battlegroup. I'd be joining the Horde and I have to worry less about Alliance when levelling and city raids and whatnot should happen a bit more often :p But I would very much appreciate a bag or two if you're Horde - I just need to find my race and name, set up my UI then I'm good to go.
Cool, send Asmodeux a mail whenever you get on, and we can neutral AH some bags from my Ally tailor.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Except I think it will be 95 and then the next one will be 100.

Maybe if they released an expac in 2014 and 2015, otherwise we're talking about WoW getting expacs into 2018.

MoP - 2012
Next Expac - 2014
End of Expac/new MMO - 2016

Assuming they haven't really ramped up development on the next mmo, otherwise if they release it sooner than that they won't try to kill WoW to get people to move to their next one.

Sethos

Banned
Cool, send Asmodeux a mail whenever you get on, and we can neutral AH some bags from my Ally tailor.

I will get in touch.

As for the Stormscale thing, here's the census http://wow.realmpop.com/eu-stormscale.html Maybe it's just me but having a metric shit ton on your side is preferable - The game doesn't really have any side interaction, means you have more opportunities for joining something ( events etc. ), more active AH and dominance in world PvP events. Plus less of a chance for all the inane ganking when levelling. I know it's generally frowned upon to join a server like that but I was Horde all through Vanilla on Silvermoon, the most Alliance favoured server back then and it was god damn awful - Now I want the opposite.

Also means MoP areas will be fairly Alliance free or they will get spanked pretty quickly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe if they released an expac in 2014 and 2015, otherwise we're talking about WoW getting expacs into 2018.

MoP - 2012
Next Expac - 2014

Assuming they haven't really ramped up development on the next mmo, otherwise if they release it sooner than that they won't try to kill WoW to get people to move to their next one.

I'm still of the assumption that "Titan" is just vaporware. I mean, we don't even know anything other than the title. It wouldn't shock me at all that Blizzard is somewhat gun-shy to introduce a product that could kill WoW when the likelihood of any product surpassing WoW's success is extremely low given the recent MMO market.

Clipse

I will get in touch.

As for the Stormscale thing, here's the census http://wow.realmpop.com/eu-stormscale.html Maybe it's just me but having a metric shit ton on your side is preferable - The game doesn't really have any side interaction, means you have more opportunities for joining something ( events etc. ), more active AH and dominance in world PvP events. Plus less of a chance for all the inane ganking when levelling. I know it's generally frowned upon to join a server like that but I was Horde all through Vanilla on Silvermoon, the most Alliance favoured server back then and it was god damn awful - Now I want the opposite.

Also means MoP areas will be fairly Alliance free or they will get spanked pretty quickly.
Oh nvm then, thought you were talking about US Stormscale, not EU.

Sethos

Banned
Dang, I am on the US one. Good luck though!

Haha, oh crap :p Still appreciate it mate.

Guess I'll have to soul search some more. That has always been the problem with me, takes me ages to think this stuff through - I want the right server, race, class and name plus I also need to know the class I'm choosing is fun later on.

ampere

I'm still of the assumption that "Titan" is just vaporware. I mean, we don't even know anything other than the title. It wouldn't shock me at all that Blizzard is somewhat gun-shy to introduce a product that could kill WoW when the likelihood of any product surpassing WoW's success is extremely low given the recent MMO market.

Yeah it's not exactly a good idea to release a game to compete with your golden egg. Blizzard knows what happened to the Everquest fanbase when EQ2 came out. Half stayed, half moved on, killed the games.

I dunno about vaporware, they've gotta be working on something.

I keep hearing various people say that they've torn down and rebuilt the game so many times but I don't know how accurate that is.

I'd personally like to see a sandbox MMO kind of like Star Wars Galaxies but made well. I know SOE is currently working on one and I'd like to see Blizzard take a stab at it. I loved that game so much back then but I wish it had competent developers behind it.

Rokal

MoP - 2012
Next Expac - 2014

I don't know why any of you are assuming WoW is going to stop getting expansion backs when Titan launches. That isn't how MMOs work, especially ones still hovering around 10 million subs. The WoW team may shrink if Titan takes off and WoW's subs decline, but that just means smaller or less frequent expansion packs, not the end of expansion packs. EQ1 didn't die when EQ2 came out, and EQ1 is still getting frequent expansion packs. In that situation the game was literally a sequel, and for a game that pulled in much less revenue than WoW.

WoW would need to lose something like 98% of it's current subscribers in order for them to really think about turning the servers off or stopping live development. WoW will continue to live as long as even a small fraction of it's players are willing to pay them monthly.

Entropia

No One Remembers
wat

and after multiple people post criticism the OP says 'thanks for support ch3 coming soon'

that is the icecream of the wow forums apparently

She is currently working on Chapter 10!!

Spoilers:

So Nefarian got stabbed by Thrall. Admiral Proudmoore paid him to do it. They got Proudmoore arrested. Jaina is living with Lannabella bow. Jaina had a "misscourage" :(. Varian dumped Tyranda and asked out Lannabella to the prom. Vol'jin is like the ultimate bad ass in the entire thing.

Just did the Theramore scenario for the first time.

Pretty boring to be honest :p Tabard is cool I guess. And in my loot box where only 5 fireworks that explode into the Alliance symbol.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

First 3 minutes of WoW: 16 Guild invites and 4 whispers concerning guilds.

WHAT. THE. HELL

Haha.
Yeah haha. I was quietly removed from a guild two months ago while I was leveling up so I didn't notice. I was instantly swamped with whispers from guilds and random invitations begging me to join.

Enosh

and done, priest at 85, will probably be my primary alt in MoP, really enjoying it
2 days, 12h played
already spend 2.6k gold on the blue pvp shit in order to do HoT ^^
but i don't think I can level another alliance character, got 3 now already and the BC/Northrend and cata zones were already boring as hell (vanilla part was nice since I went with kalimdor this time)
oh well will probably level a blood elf warlock in mop

@one post up: don't think it's open for US yet, but not sure

Top Bottom